PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Colgate fans!

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
To buy tickets to the NDSU game this fall with USD, I was forced to buy tickets to the USD v. Colgate game as well. They were only 10 bucks and would probably be easy for you to get through the USD website for yourself. But I would be willing to give a Colgate fan my tickets if they wanted to make the trip. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Go...gate
July 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
So they made us a throw-in, eh?

darell1976
July 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
To buy tickets to the NDSU game this fall with USD, I was forced to buy tickets to the USD v. Colgate game as well. They were only 10 bucks and would probably be easy for you to get through the USD website for yourself. But I would be willing to give a Colgate fan my tickets if they wanted to make the trip. Let me know if anyone is interested.

The hell??? I hope other teams aren't doing this.

TheRevSFA
July 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I thought you were talking about toothpaste...

Lehigh Football Nation
July 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
So they made us a throw-in, eh?

Shhh... this will be great bulletin board material for you guys! :)

colorless raider
July 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
No interest is schlepping half away across the country for this game. Maybe the kids will get to see Mt. Rushmore otherwise.....

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM
The hell??? I hope other teams aren't doing this.

I think they were attempting to dissuade NDSU fans from getting all of the tickets while simultaneously generating interest in a game that might not be attended as well in the Colgate game. It's not working very well, NDSU fans are ravenous over this game and are doing our best to make USD regret moving this game to Sioux Falls. Bison home game in Sioux Falls!!!

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
No interest is schlepping half away across the country for this game. Maybe the kids will get to see Mt. Rushmore otherwise.....

Vermillion is one hell of a hike to Mount Rushmore.

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I thought you were talking about toothpaste...

Haha, awesome response!

Sam
July 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM

If I make the trip I spring the ten bucks! Thank you for your offerxlolx

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 03:47 PM
If I make the trip I spring the ten bucks! Thank you for your offerxlolx

I figured as much, but what the hell $10 is a round of drinks for the whole bar in Vermillion.

darell1976
July 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I think they were attempting to dissuade NDSU fans from getting all of the tickets while simultaneously generating interest in a game that might not be attended as well in the Colgate game. It's not working very well, NDSU fans are ravenous over this game and are doing our best to make USD regret moving this game to Sioux Falls. Bison home game in Sioux Falls!!!

If the Yotes get blown out (IMO could happen) whoever decided to move the game to Sioux Falls will be hated by USD fans.

344Johnson
July 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
If the Yotes get blown out (IMO could happen) whoever decided to move the game to Sioux Falls will be hated by USD fans.

I'm going with the "will happen" more than likely for the blow out. Losing 20 starters(those starters lost to UND) and playing against NDSU, could be a long day for the Yotes.

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM

With everything that is going on right now, I am not sure there are any fans in Vermillion to get pissed at the person who moved the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Is anyone from Colgate planning on going to this game?

I can't imagine there's much, if anything to do in Vermillion. At least Omaha is fairly close.

Bison06
July 11th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Is anyone from Colgate planning on going to this game?

I can't imagine there's much, if anything to do in Vermillion. At least Omaha is fairly close.

You imagine right, college kids seem to have a great experience while there, but I can't imagine there being much to do outside of the University.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM
You imagine right, college kids seem to have a great experience while there, but I can't imagine there being much to do outside of the University.

The ND schools are definitely in better locations than their SD counterparts. Having been to both GF and Fargo I can say both are very solid college towns/cities imo.

I honestly have no idea how a Colgate/SDU game came about.