PDA

View Full Version : First football game for a 2 year old...Illinois State or Eastern Illinois?

tanagriz
July 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
We're in the midwest (Chicago) and I don't want to take the kiddo to a Northwestern or UofI game. I'm a Montana grad, but we can't trek out to Missoula for a game due to work schedules. My grandfather played at Eastern Illinois and my parents are both Illinois State grads. So now we're trying to narrow it down to one of those two schools. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The kid LOVES football in any way shape or form. He sees a football and throws his hands up in the air and yells, "Touchdown!" We were throwing a ball at my folks house last weekend and he was throwing it with a spiral and straight armed me a couple of times also. So throw your thoughts out there for me!! I know he's 2 and I know that's awfully young to take him to a game...but I think he'd have so much fun!

MplsBison
July 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Bloomington is 135 mi and right off the freeway.

Another option would be Dekalb, only 65 mi and also right off the freeway.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
We're in the midwest (Chicago) and I don't want to take the kiddo to a Northwestern or UofI game. I'm a Montana grad, but we can't trek out to Missoula for a game due to work schedules. My grandfather played at Eastern Illinois and my parents are both Illinois State grads. So now we're trying to narrow it down to one of those two schools. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The kid LOVES football in any way shape or form. He sees a football and throws his hands up in the air and yells, "Touchdown!" We were throwing a ball at my folks house last weekend and he was throwing it with a spiral and straight armed me a couple of times also. So throw your thoughts out there for me!! I know he's 2 and I know that's awfully young to take him to a game...but I think he'd have so much fun!

That depends, how well can he kick? He might be needed at ISUr

tanagriz
July 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I think we might have narrowed it down to EIU just simply because we have a lakehouse about 20 minutes away from campus.

NoDak 4 Ever, The kid can kick, but he's 2 and already looks like an old 3 year old, so somehow I doubt he's gonna be kicking as his build is much more solid. Not fat, just solid. I think ISUr will have to stand in line. If I have my way he'll go to Montana. Pray he didn't get my knees. That would make this Mom pretty happy!

Newt
July 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
For the last couple of years Eastern has had a kid's area on the track behind the south end zone where kids who need to can run around and play in one of those jumpy houses. I'm not sure if they will this year with the new staff, but if you call 217-581-6014 someone can probably tell you.

344Johnson
July 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM
ISU. They are more likely to win games and kids love a winner.

PantherRob82
July 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
ISU is a much better place to watch a game. Normal is much better than Charleston.

ISU hands down.

TheRevSFA
July 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
If you go to EIU, you can see the most ripped woman in America.....and her husband who is not as ripped but posts on here.

kdinva
July 12th, 2012, 01:54 PM
What about Chuck South @ Shorter Coll?

813Jag
July 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM
If you go to EIU, you can see the most ripped woman in America.....and her husband who is not as ripped but posts on here.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Chi-Town Hornet Fan
July 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
You can see them both at the same time. EIU plays ISU in Normal on 9/15/12.

eiu1999
July 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM

Har har.

eiu1999
July 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
For the last couple of years Eastern has had a kid's area on the track behind the south end zone where kids who need to can run around and play in one of those jumpy houses. I'm not sure if they will this year with the new staff, but if you call 217-581-6014 someone can probably tell you.

Yes, the KidZone will be back.

Redbird Ray
July 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Sounds like you've already made up your mind, but ISU is a much nicer campus/town, and should be a better team to watch this year. This season isn't exactly the best year to visit ISU, as the stadium capacity will only be 7K (we might actually sell out every game this year xdontknowx). If you're in the area next year, make sure you come back to see this:

http://www.goredbirds.com/hancockrenovation/