PDA

View Full Version : UND coach Chris Mussman gets contract extention

darell1976
July 3rd, 2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/239944/group/Sports/

UND head football coach Chris Mussman will start in a new league with a fresh contract.

With the first season of the Big Sky Conference on the horizon, UND announced Monday that Mussman has signed a three-year contract extension through the 2015 season.

The base salary for the first season of the deal is worth $114,612. The deal, which also features bonus opportunities, includes two options that could expand the deal through 2017.

Mussman, who is 23-20 as a head coach, is entering his fifth season at the helm and 14th overall with UND. Mussman’s four years as head coach also coincided with UND’s trying transition from NCAA Division II to Division I.
For his efforts in 2011, Mussman was named the GWC Coach of the Year and was one of three FCS finalists for the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award. He was also a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year award. The Sioux finished the season ranked No. 23 in the The Sports Network/Fathead.com poll, which marked the first time in its Division I history that UND was ranked in a final national poll.

After 3 years in the BSC we will see where this team is headed with Muss. I hope he has this team prepared for the tough road ahead. So far the recruiting part has been good getting ready for the BSC.