PDA

View Full Version : Mocs' media guide ranked 2nd. Yes the media guides have rankings

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=205499236

Silenoz
June 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Football Media Guides - FCS (7 Entries)

Congrats Liberty! I guess

AshevilleApp2
June 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
WCU's marching band ranked #1!!!

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM
xboringx xblahx I guess when your team hasn't done particularly well in recent years, you have to find something about the program to get excited about.

Shouldn't someone have to approve threads before they go on the forum? Seems like MplsBison and Chattown start an inordinate number of threads, most of which are pointless or trolling.

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Football Media Guides - FCS (7 Entries)

Congrats Liberty! I guess

After reading that, I just had to look for myself and its true. Then again 2nd out of 7 teams is better than the actual team finished so I can see why they deem this newsworthy.

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Oh please 7 entered the contest. Your schools chose not to enter. Probably because their media guides suck. Dont hate this is as good a thing to discuss as most of.the crap on here. The top QB in the socon is a great discuasion point as is the socon tv deal. If you want to post discussion topics based on your team i dont think anyone will care. GFY

Apphole
June 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Oh please 7 entered the contest. Your schools chose not to enter. Probably because their media guides suck. Dont hate this is as good a thing to discuss as most of.the crap on here. The top QB in the socon is a great discuasion point as is the socon tv deal. If you want to post discussion topics based on your team i dont think anyone will care. GFY

Having owned an ASU football media guide for 4 years straight and after looking through the PDF of yours, I can honestly tell you ours is better.

Either way, the only way it reflects on the school itself is who is able to pony up more for a better production company to layout and print the things. This kind of thing isn't made in-house.

Silenoz
June 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Dont hate this is as good a thing to discuss as most of.the crap on here.

wat

Gringer1
June 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Dont hate this is as good a thing to discuss as most of.the crap on here.

Grammar is a hell of a drug.

BEAR
June 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Grammar is a hell of a drug.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Having owned an ASU football media guide for 4 years straight and after looking through the PDF of yours, I can honestly tell you ours is better.

Either way, the only way it reflects on the school itself is who is able to pony up more for a better production company to layout and print the things. This kind of thing isn't made in-house.

Yeah, I just looked at a PDF of yours and it is bush league.

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Wow! did I omit a comma? Boy, oh boy.

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Yeah, I just looked at neither of them and I can honestly say who gives 2 $h!ts about whose media guide is better. BTW the idea that there was only 7 entries because all the other schools' media guide sucked is asinine. More likely they didn't know anyone cared to rate them or they don't care that anyone rates them.

RadioFan
June 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM
or they don't care that anyone rates them.

Probably have a winner, right here.

AppAlum2003
June 28th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Isn't this where someone mentions UNCC and we talk about how it's in Concord, NC instead of Charlotte?

Sorry if I'm getting things out of order... I'm a little slow.

mocman1990
June 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Don't fall into the trap of making erroneous statements just for the chance to argue with chattownmocs.

The entire guide is produced in house (I even texted the director a creative services at UTC to double check).

FYI, App won best cover for their football media guide last year.

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I just looked at neither of them and I can honestly say who gives 2 $h!ts about whose media guide is better. BTW the idea that there was only 7 entries because all the other schools' media guide sucked is asinine. More likely they didn't know anyone cared to rate them or they don't care that anyone rates them.

Most likely this CoSIDA contacted all schools and invited them to participate. Most likely most schools did not participate because they didn't have confidence in their product.

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 01:34 PM
From the very short, east to read article in the OP.

Chattanooga's football guide is a product of UTC's Athletics Communications and Media Relations Office

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Most likely this CoSIDA contacted all schools and invited them to participate. Most likely most schools did not participate because they didn't have confidence in their product.

You can't possibly believe that out of 122 teams, only 7 had "confidence in their product". You can't be naive enough to think that 94% of the schools looked at their media guide and went, "Boy, this thing is awful. We might as well not enter it." They didn't enter because it isn't going to matter. To anyone (except obviously you). Are you going to get more recruits? Nope. Is it going to make more people fans of the team? Can't imagine there's a person out there who is picking a team to root for based on the media guide.

Silenoz
June 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM
BTW the idea that there was only 7 entries because all the other schools' media guide sucked is asinine.

Rep to whoever can tell us which logical fallacy that is

Once we have that, we will be one step closer to unlocking the secrets of the chattownmocs mind

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
You can't possibly believe that out of 122 teams, only 7 had "confidence in their product". You can't be naive enough to think that 94% of the schools looked at their media guide and went, "Boy, this thing is awful. We might as well not enter it." They didn't enter because it isn't going to matter. To anyone (except obviously you). Are you going to get more recruits? Nope. Is it going to make more people fans of the team? Can't imagine there's a person out there who is picking a team to root for based on the media guide.

You can't possibly think that the only 7 teams who would enter a contest like this if they had a a great media guide, entered it. Does it make people fans of the team? No fans of the team buy it.

Wait for it....wait for it......wait for it......Could it help them sell a media guide. Ding, ding, ding. Houston we have lift off. Could a poor finish in a contest like this hurt media guide sales? Maybe not, but it couldn't help.

Before you get on here and start running your mouth like someone else is an idiot how about you do a little bit of critical thinking. Chattanooga posted this on their website (and possibly entered the contest) to AT THE VERY LEAST, make money. You know, that stuff that makes the world go 'round?

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You can't possibly think that the only 7 teams who would enter a contest like this if they had a a great media guide, entered it. Does it make people fans of the team? No fans of the team buy it.

Wait for it....wait for it......wait for it......Could it help them sell a media guide. Ding, ding, ding. Houston we have lift off. Could a poor finish in a contest like this hurt media guide sales? Maybe not, but it couldn't help.

Before you get on here and start running your mouth like someone else is an idiot how about you do a little bit of critical thinking. Chattanooga posted this on their website (and possibly entered the contest) to AT THE VERY LEAST, make money. You know, that stuff that makes the world go 'round?

I was waiting for you to try this argument. I would be willing to bet that finishing 2nd does not increase sales by even 10%. Fans either buy the guide each year or not. They don't base it on last year's going, "ooh, look how pretty the cover is. And oh, look how nice this is put together. We simply must have one. No, no, make it 3." So while they may make a whopping extra $5,000 b/c of this awesome contest, it hardly deserves being brought up on a FOOTBALL forum, other than trolling purposes (which you've done very well with so far xthumbsupxxnodx). Maybe there's an online forum where people argue whose school has the best media relations department and you can take this load there.

Silenoz
June 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM

Yes, critical thinking leads us to believe that the vast majority of the schools at every NCAA level did not submit a candidate for any of categories listed because they all knew their work sucked. Even the schools with budgets and manpower well beyond what anyone at FCS has.

ElonFirefighter
June 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM
It doesn't matter how many entered, 2ed is still 1st looser

Gringer1
June 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Wow! did I omit a comma? Boy, oh boy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SIY50CaHzdk/T0_3U8vHL0I/AAAAAAAAAwY/T04eKvJmdJ0/s1600/grammar+saves+lives.jpg

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I was waiting for you to try this argument. I would be willing to bet that finishing 2nd does not increase sales by even 10%. Fans either buy the guide each year or not. They don't base it on last year's going, "ooh, look how pretty the cover is. And oh, look how nice this is put together. We simply must have one. No, no, make it 3." So while they may make a whopping extra $5,000 b/c of this awesome contest, it hardly deserves being brought up on a FOOTBALL forum, other than trolling purposes (which you've done very well with so far xthumbsupxxnodx). Maybe there's an online forum where people argue whose school has the best media relations department and you can take this load there.

If they make $5,000 it is $5,000 that they wouldn't have had. $5,000 here and there adds up to many more thousands of dollars. Chattanooga could use $5,000 dollars. I'm guessing most FCS schools could as well. Maybe not such a high profile and highly funded institution like Montana State though.

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 02:53 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SIY50CaHzdk/T0_3U8vHL0I/AAAAAAAAAwY/T04eKvJmdJ0/s1600/grammar+saves+lives.jpg

+1 xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Gringer1
June 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM
If they make $5,000 it is $5,000 that they wouldn't have had. $5,000 here and there adds up to many more thousands of dollars. Chattanooga could use $5,000 dollars. I'm guessing most FCS schools could as well. Maybe not such a high profile and highly funded institution like Montana State though.

Chatty wants some of that internet money!

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/e/ea/1204t%26p.jpg

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Why can't you give negative rep to someone who you have just given positive rep to? One picture was very funny, the next was an epic fail.

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM

I'm not saying $5,000 more isn't gravy (although if it's going to make or break the program, they've got bigger concerns than the quality of their media guide). My point was that on a FCS forum we probably didn't need a thread bragging about how one school's media relations department finished 2nd out of 7 teams. If it was such big news, why wasn't this started by a fan of the school who put out the BEST media guide. Prolly cuz they knew no one would give 2 $h!ts. Carry on with your superiority complex though.

ElonFirefighter
June 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Looking at a PDF of App-hole bush???? I dont know what you and apphole are doing but I dont think i need a PDF of it

Gringer1
June 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Looking at a PDF of App-hole bush???? I dont know what you and apphole are doing but I dont think i need a PDF of it

A GIF would be better.

ElonFirefighter
June 28th, 2012, 03:07 PM
A GIF would be better.

could make a video of it and put it on a Beta max

chattownmocs
June 28th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I'm not saying $5,000 more isn't gravy (although if it's going to make or break the program, they've got bigger concerns than the quality of their media guide). My point was that on a FCS forum we probably didn't need a thread bragging about how one school's media relations department finished 2nd out of 7 teams. If it was such big news, why wasn't this started by a fan of the school who put out the BEST media guide. Prolly cuz they knew no one would give 2 $h!ts. Carry on with your superiority complex though.

Who said anything about making or breaking a program. More money is more money is mo' money. If entering a contest and submitting a story about it on a website isn't worth $5,000 to Montana State than so be it. It's amazing that you have the gall to take 7 months off of AGS only to come back and troll me on all of my threads. To top it off you are a lame-*** Montana state fan. Please dude, get a life.

The gall or false bravado that you have shown attempting to paint me as an idiot is a failure despite what your fellow trolls will claim. You couldn't possibly comprehend a reason why any school would want to enter this contest and the answer was as simple as it gets. Money. So basically you are the idiot. Try again.

CrazyCat
June 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I was going to comment, but since I am also a lame *** MSU fan, I reconsidered because of the possibilities of serious repercussions.

CID1990
June 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Who said anything about making or breaking a program. More money is more money is mo' money. If entering a contest and submitting a story about it on a website isn't worth $5,000 to Montana State than so be it. It's amazing that you have the gall to take 7 months off of AGS only to come back and troll me on all of my threads. To top it off you are a lame-*** Montana state fan. Please dude, get a life.

The gall or false bravado that you have shown attempting to paint me as an idiot is a failure despite what your fellow trolls will claim. You couldn't possibly comprehend a reason why any school would want to enter this contest and the answer was as simple as it gets. Money. So basically you are the idiot. Try again.

Congrats on finishing 2nd out of 7 teams. I'm sure it's a very nice media guide, but try to follow along here:

1) This is a football forum. The guide was not produced by the players or coaches, so it belongs more in a marketing forum.

2) They finished 2nd. Out of 7 teams. So it was deemed better than 5 others. Not that great an accomplishment.

3) Even if they had won, who f'ing cares about this contest? Obviously 115 teams didn't even care enough to enter, Liberty fans don't care enough to start a thread for actually WINNING, and Liberty itself didn't care enough to post it on their website like some other school (who didn't bother to mention only 7 teams entered).

But if you need to pound your chest about something so inconsequential as this because of the lack of success of the actual team, go ahead. I don't have to paint you as an idiot. You do a superb job of that yourself. It's definitely one area where you'd take home the gold.

FormerPokeCenter
June 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Once we have that, we will be one step closer to unlocking the secrets of the chattownmocs mind

Affirming the consequent???

2009Cowboy
June 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Congrats on finishing 2nd out of 7 teams. I'm sure it's a very nice media guide, but try to follow along here:

1) This is a football forum. The guide was not produced by the players or coaches, so it belongs more in a marketing forum.

2) They finished 2nd. Out of 7 teams. So it was deemed better than 5 others. Not that great an accomplishment.

3) Even if they had won, who f'ing cares about this contest? Obviously 115 teams didn't even care enough to enter, Liberty fans don't care enough to start a thread for actually WINNING, and Liberty itself didn't care enough to post it on their website like some other school (who didn't bother to mention only 7 teams entered).

But if you need to pound your chest about something so inconsequential as this because of the lack of success of the actual team, go ahead. I don't have to paint you as an idiot. You do a superb job of that yourself. It's definitely one area where you'd take home the gold.

Excellent post sir.

MSUBobcat
June 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM
BTW the idea that there was only 7 entries because all the other schools' media guide sucked is asinine. More likely they didn't know anyone cared to rate them or they don't care that anyone rates them.

What is "false dichotomy/dilemma", Mr. Trebek. - "type of logical fallacy that involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option. The options may be a position that is between the two extremes (such as when there are shades of grey) or may be a completely different alternative." In Chattown's mind, only 7 schools were awesome enough to have a chance to win and, therefore, entered and all the others sucked so bad that entry was not an option. In reality, like I previously mentioned, there is options between the 2 extremes of being awesome media guides and totally $h!tty media guides, with the most likely option being the schools didn't give a rat's a$$ about winning an award that none of their fans have heard of, let alone care about.

Do I win the rep?

Silenoz
June 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Well as much as it pains me to rep a Bobcat, I'll say that works

Sammy94
June 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
It doesn't matter how many entered, 2ed is still 1st looser

Can I get a Media Guide Runner Up T-shirt???

TheRevSFA
June 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM

..or they are too busy actually winning in sports to not participate...

TheRevSFA
June 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Grammar - the different between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****

TheRevSFA
June 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Chatty wants some of that internet money!

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/e/ea/1204t%26p.jpg

He's not your friend, buddy!

Smitty
June 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
He's not your friend, buddy!

He's not your buddy, pal!

MSUBobcat
June 29th, 2012, 12:20 PM
He's not your buddy, pal!

He's not your pal, guy!

TheRevSFA
June 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
He's not your pal, guy!

He's not your guy, friend!

blueballs
June 29th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Chatty prints their media guide on the nice soft paper like the old Sears Roebuck catalog so all the Chatty fan(s) can tear out a page to wipe their azz while in the outhouse.

If they had used double ply they would have won first place...

mocman1990
June 29th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Chatty prints their media guide on the nice soft paper like the old Sears Roebuck catalog so all the Chatty fan(s) can tear out a page to wipe their azz while in the outhouse.

If they had used double ply they would have won first place...

At least Chattanooga fans take the time to wipe their a$$ with something...GSU fans just use their left hand. ;)

blueballs
June 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
At least Chattanooga fans take the time to wipe their a$$ with something...GSU fans just use their left hand. ;)

We more well heeled and better educated GSU fans use boiled corn cobs. ;-)

dgtw
June 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Does anybody really read a media guide other than fans of the school? Other than people who have to, such as opposing team's announcers who need to research before games.

bjtheflamesfan
July 1st, 2012, 06:39 AM

You havent been through the marketing department at Liberty have you?