PDA

View Full Version : Samford gets Razorbacks Reserve QB

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Two years of eligibility left for this Samford-bound QB. Jefferson Addock returns to Samford where he'll be a junior. He was second in the OVC in both passing and total offense. Can Mortensen pass up Addock?

Razorback reserve quarterback transferring to Samford
6/25/2006, 5:47 p.m. CT
The Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Reserve quarterback Alex Mortensen will transfer from Arkansas to Division I-AA Samford University in time for the 2006 season, Razorback coach Houston Nutt said Sunday.

Mortensen spent two years with the Razorbacks, redshirting in 2004 and playing in four games as a reserve in 2005. He was third on the Arkansas depth chart at the position at the conclusion of spring training this year — after Casey Dick and Alex Mortensen — and also faced potential competition from incoming freshman Mitch Mustain, a standout at Springdale High School last fall who was one of the nation's most sought-after recruits.

He will have three years of collegiate eligibility remaining at Samford, in Birmingham, Ala., and since the school is in a lower NCAA division than Arkansas, will be able to play immediately instead of being held out for a year.

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/local/index.ssf?/base/sports-8/115127606341580.xml&storylist=alabamasports

Franks Tanks
June 25th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Two years of eligibility left for this Samford-bound QB. Jefferson Addock returns to Samford where he'll be a junior. He was second in the OVC in both passing and total offense. Can Mortensen pass up Addock?

Razorback reserve quarterback transferring to Samford
6/25/2006, 5:47 p.m. CT
The Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Reserve quarterback Alex Mortensen will transfer from Arkansas to Division I-AA Samford University in time for the 2006 season, Razorback coach Houston Nutt said Sunday.

Mortensen spent two years with the Razorbacks, redshirting in 2004 and playing in four games as a reserve in 2005. He was third on the Arkansas depth chart at the position at the conclusion of spring training this year — after Casey Dick and Alex Mortensen — and also faced potential competition from incoming freshman Mitch Mustain, a standout at Springdale High School last fall who was one of the nation's most sought-after recruits.

He will have three years of collegiate eligibility remaining at Samford, in Birmingham, Ala., and since the school is in a lower NCAA division than Arkansas, will be able to play immediately instead of being held out for a year.

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/local/index.ssf?/base/sports-8/115127606341580.xml&storylist=alabamasports

Sounds like good news for Samford, Alex is also the son of ESPN NFL reporter Chris Mortenson

rokamortis
June 25th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Sounds like good news for Samford, Alex is also the son of ESPN NFL reporter Chris Mortenson

The kid that was supposed to go to Georgia Southern? Interesting.

winstoneagle
June 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM
He actually was at Georgia Southern in the Spring and had a change of heart and went back to Arkansas. Rumor is that he called Coach Van Gorder about coming back to GSU and was told thanks but no thanks.

GaSouthern
June 26th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Good luck with that flakey kid, I am GLAD he is not at GSU.

GeauxColonels
June 26th, 2006, 02:05 PM
He actually was at Georgia Southern in the Spring and had a change of heart and went back to Arkansas. Rumor is that he called Coach Van Gorder about coming back to GSU and was told thanks but no thanks.
Can't say that I blame the coach. If I had a kid do that and try to come back, who's to say he won't change his mind AGAIN?!

OL FU
June 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I don't blame the Eagles either. The kid reminds me of ETSU. I playing. I'm not playing. Yeah I'm Playing:rolleyes:

eaglesrthe1
June 26th, 2006, 03:27 PM

If that's the case, then it's a mistake on Van Gorders part, IMO.

OL FU
June 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM
If that's the case, then it's a mistake on Van Gorders part, IMO.

Any story like this has the potential for lots of different ingredients. But with only this information, I would have told him no also.

SoCon48
June 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I don't blame the Eagles either. The kid reminds me of ETSU. I playing. I'm not playing. Yeah I'm Playing:rolleyes:
I voted for the money for the troops before I voted against it.