PDA

View Full Version : Predict Your Conference Membership, 2020

DFW HOYA
June 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM
It's not that far away, but what does your conference look like in eight years?

McNeese72
June 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
It's not that far away, but what does your conference look like in eight years?

Doesn't matter, the world ends Dec 12, 2012. Or, at least it has been said that the Mayan calendar preditcts it will. Well, that is about as good as any predictions of what conferences would look like in 8 years, imo.

Doc

Apphole
June 27th, 2012, 11:11 AM
UF
UGA
UK
Missouri
App State
USC
UT
Vandy

Bama
Arkasas
Auburn
LSU
MSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
UF
UGA
UK
Missouri
App State
USC
UT
Vandy

Bama
Arkasas
Auburn
LSU
MSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M

The thread title said 2020, not 3020. xlolx

Sammy94
June 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Why not.

2020 Members of The WACky USA South Sun XII Conference:

East West

SHSU TCU
SFA Baylor
Lamar Texas St.
Rice UTSA
McNeese NMSU
U of H SMU

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Chattanooga
Tusculum
Carson-Newman
Presbyterian
Shorter
Greenville College
Kentucky Christian
UNCC

Apphole
June 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Chattanooga
Tusculum
Carson-Newman
Presbyterian
Shorter
Greenville College
Kentucky Christian
UNCC

xbowxxnodxxrotatehxxthumbsupxxsmileyclapx

BEAR
June 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Why not.

2020 Members of The WACky USA South Sun XII Conference:

East West

SHSU TCU
SFA Baylor
Lamar Texas St.
Rice UTSA
McNeese UCA
U of H SMU

I'd put UCA in there BEFORE NMSU...not because NMSU doesn't deserve it, but because of regionality. With all the upgrades to UCA, new convention center/basketball arena, inevitable stadium expansion, and donors showing up...finally, UCA would fit in there nicely. (signed, an overenthusiastic Bear fan that didn't think UCA could make it out of division II just 10 years ago.)

Sammy94
June 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'd put UCA in there BEFORE NMSU

I think North Texas would be a better fit, forgot about them. I'm thinking maybe a UCA instead of McNeese. Those guys are a better fit with a all La conf.

McNeese, NWST, La Tech, USL or whatever they go by now, Tulane, Nicholls, SELA, La. Monroe maybe throw in Miss. St, Southern Miss, or Southern and Grambling.

mocman1990
June 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
xbowxxnodxxrotatehxxthumbsupxxsmileyclapx

I hope you gave him some rep points for that one. I did. :)

NHwildEcat
June 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
UNH
Maine
Boston College
UMass
URI
UConn
Albany
Stony Brook

I am banking on future conferences full of regional teams...this FBS playoff formula leaves out most of the FBS programs...no point in not joining with FCS schools for a real multi-round playoff.

asumike83
June 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Chattanooga
Tusculum
Carson-Newman
Presbyterian
Shorter
Greenville College
Kentucky Christian
UNCC

Damn, I repped too early on the Big Bird post!

superman7515
June 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Option 1: Admin stays the course...

Albany, Delaware, Elon, Furman, Richmond, Towson, Villanova, William & Mary

Option 2: Admin accepts an invite to move up:

East: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Delaware, James Madison, Kent State, Liberty, UMass

West: Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Northern Illinois, Ohio, Toledo, Western Michigan

Option 3: The admin decides they really really miss that West Chester game...

East: Bloomsburg, Cheyney, C.W. Post, Delaware, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Millersville, Shippensburg, West Chester

West: California, Clarion, Edinboro, Gannon, IUP, Lock Haven, Mercyhurst, Slippery Rock, Wesley

NHwildEcat
June 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM

East: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Delaware, James Madison, Kent State, Liberty, UMass

West: Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Northern Illinois, Ohio, Toledo, Western Michigan

East: Bloomsburg, Cheyney, C.W. Post, Delaware, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Millersville, Shippensburg, West Chester

West: California, Clarion, Edinboro, Gannon, IUP, Lock Haven, Mercyhurst, Slippery Rock, Wesley

Kutztown/Delaware may get picked up by CBS for their Saturday night prime time game...

NHwildEcat
June 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM

In your first scenario...what do you perceive happens to UNH & Maine?

superman7515
June 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
At the same time you were making your post, I was thinking along the same lines. That's why all the northeast schools are gone.

Professor Chaos
June 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I predict Youngstown State bolts and everything else stays the same in the MVFC.

Illinois State
Indiana State
Missouri State
North Dakota State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois

NHwildEcat
June 27th, 2012, 02:40 PM
At the same time you were making your post, I was thinking along the same lines. That's why all the northeast schools are gone.

Makes sense!

frozennorth
June 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
after the great BSC lollerplosion of 2015

UND
USD
UNI
UNO
MSU
WIU
SIU
ISU
ISU

darell1976
June 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
The Current teams of the BSC plus the 3 other Dakota teams. But since its 2020...FBS studies for UND and NDSU.

darell1976
June 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM
after the great BSC lollerplosion of 2015

UND
USD
UNI
UNO
MSU
WIU
SIU
ISU
ISU

You actually see them re-instating football? Trev Alberts won't let that happen.

BEAR
June 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Marv Alberts? He says YES!

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4664425276572646&pid=1.7&w=143&h=154&c=7&rs=1

TheBisonator
June 27th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I have no idea what schools will be in our conference(s). All I know is that the Summit League will be in the grave. Oakland, IPFW and IUPUI are the only schools that would work with being in the Horizon League that are located in the HL's footprint. (everyone else is either in the MAC with FB or is in the MVC and would see the Horizon as a step down) I'm anticipating the Horizon to announce that they're snatching those three schools sometime in the next 8-10 months. I don't know if the chances are very good that the Summit will be fielding teams in 2015.

344Johnson
June 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM
The Current teams of the BSC plus the 3 other Dakota teams. But since its 2020...FBS studies for UND and NDSU.

And UND finds out that they simply can't make it happen.

frozennorth
June 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM
You actually see them re-instating football? Trev Alberts won't let that happen.

later in the decade, i would be very surprised to see them not ad football, especially when ndsu and sdsu leave for a to be determined fbs conference

Sader87
June 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Patriot Football 2020:

The "Core 5" if you will:

Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh

GTown and Fordham leave as associate members in football. Both may drop football again actually.

PL adds:

Villanova for football.

The real surprise:

Army and Navy drop down from FBS and join the PL in football.

Giving you an 8 team league of:

Army
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Navy
Villanova

DFW HOYA
June 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM
GTown and Fordham leave as associate members in football. Both may drop football again actually.

Says who? Perhaps Holy Cross takes BU's lead and drops it first.

Army and Navy are not playing PL football. Period.

Overall, I see all the schools above will be playing in 2020.

Eaglesrus
June 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Doesn't matter, the world ends Dec 12, 2012. Or, at least it has been said that the Mayan calendar preditcts it will. Well, that is about as good as any predictions of what conferences would look like in 8 years, imo.

Doc

OH NO! I thought it's 12/21/12. Nine less days? Gotta make major schedule changes!!

Sader87
June 27th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Says who? Perhaps Holy Cross takes BU's lead and drops it first.

Army and Navy are not playing PL football. Period.

Overall, I see all the schools above will be playing in 2020.

No offense DFW, just wondering if GU will deal with the scholarship issue by dropping football. Fordham may just throw up their hands at some point and drop it. Both programs have had very little alumni support (due primarily to not having scholarship football for generations) and neither seem to be really catching on if you will. Just hypothesizing that as associate members, they have less skin in the game PL-wise and won't be in the league in a decade or so.

I think Army and Navy will ultimately join the PL in football...moreso due to the fact that there will ultimately only be 64 or so major college football programs and the powers that be at Annapolis and West Point will rather play Harvard, Yale, Colgate etc than E. Michigan, Akron, North Texas etc.

Just my thoughts...you asked.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 27th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I predict Youngstown State bolts and everything else stays the same in the MVFC.

Illinois State
Indiana State
Missouri State
North Dakota State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois

If Witchita State restarts FB they will be in the MV to start.

ekufbfan
June 27th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I think Army and Navy will ultimately join the PL in football...moreso due to the fact that there will ultimately only be 64 or so major college football programs and the powers that be at Annapolis and West Point will rather play Harvard, Yale, Colgate etc than E. Michigan, Akron, North Texas etc.

No. NAVY and ARMY will not drop down and they have the alumni and $$$$ to make sure it does not happen. LOL, Annapolis powers that be "would rather play Harvard, Yale, Colgate, etc....." rather than Notre Dame? Guess that's why the Midshipmen are playing the Irish in Ireland this fall rather than Akron in the Iron Bowl....xeyebrowx

Sader87
June 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
No. NAVY and ARMY will not drop down and they have the alumni and $$$$ to make sure it does not happen. LOL, Annapolis powers that be "would rather play Harvard, Yale, Colgate, etc....." rather than Notre Dame? Guess that's why the Midshipmen are playing the Irish in Ireland this fall rather than Akron in the Iron Bowl....xeyebrowx

The question posed was where basically schools will be playing in 2020. Possibly a bit of a stretch by then, but ultimately, the way college football is evolving (devolving??)...Army and Navy will be playing "like minded" institutions like the other Patriot League schools and the Ivies at some point...I think it's inevitable actually.

HailSzczur
June 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
The question posed was where basically schools will be playing in 2020. Possibly a bit of a stretch by then, but ultimately, the way college football is evolving (devolving??)...Army and Navy will be playing "like minded" institutions like the other Patriot League schools and the Ivies at some point...I think it's inevitable actually.

The service academies are one of the few schools were football isn't the end all and be all. At the root of everything the academies have a specific function to perform, and depending on the track FBS takes they might be looking to move. Alumni can donate money, but in the end they are serving the country, the president, not the whims of boosters.

I could see us ultimately playing football in a larger Patriot football league in 2020 if the CAA shakes up a lot.

MTfan4life
June 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
The Big Sky follows the trend of the Big East and grabs teams from all over.
North Division:
Montana
Montana State
Eastern Washington
Northern Iowa
Maine
Chadron St.

South Division:
Appalachian St.
Northwestern St.
Cal Poly
Eastern Kentucky
West Texas A&M
Hawaii

ekufbfan
June 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
The service academies are one of the few schools were football isn't the end all and be all. At the root of everything the academies have a specific function to perform, and depending on the track FBS takes they might be looking to move. Alumni can donate money, but in the end they are serving the country, the president, not the whims of boosters.

I could see us ultimately playing football in a larger Patriot football league in 2020 if the CAA shakes up a lot.

I KNOW and UNDERSTAND (firsthand) the purpose and function of the service academies very well and need no introduction or lecture regarding WHAT young men and women do after graduation. That said Navy and Army football have a very long history and tradition that is very important to the identity of these institutions (not to mention those who attend, graduate or represent said military service). The landscape of college football is certainly changing, however I just don't see that kind of change here. As for the whims of boosters you are correct BUT I don't see the President making such a decision about the football future of the academies either.

Sader87
June 27th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Army's schedule in 1989: had Harvard, Holy Cross, Lafayette and Colgate on it.

Navy's schedule in 1986: had Lehigh, UPenn, Dartmouth and Delaware on it.

And there are many other years that had many PL, IL and other FCS schools on them. Point being, it's not unprecedented that Army and Navy play these types of schools.

Army and Navy play nearly all their other sports in the Patriot League....it won't be long before they play them in football as well in my opinion.

anf1892
June 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I think the information you provide is very useful for me, I hope the future to share

this good work.

DFW HOYA
June 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
No offense DFW, just wondering if GU will deal with the scholarship issue by dropping football. Fordham may just throw up their hands at some point and drop it. Both programs have had very little alumni support (due primarily to not having scholarship football for generations) and neither seem to be really catching on if you will. Just hypothesizing that as associate members, they have less skin in the game PL-wise and won't be in the league in a decade or so...
Just my thoughts...you asked.

How you define "very little alumni support"? Fundraising? Attendance? (7,000 guests at Homecoming 2012, unfortunately only 2,400 had a seat) Alumni in high places within the University?

Excepting 13 seasons from 1951-63 and World War II, Georgetown has been playing continuously since at least 1887. If schoalrship football was absent in many of those years, that did not deterred GU from fielding a team all these years. Jack DeGioia knows full well that there is no 24,000 seat stadium in its back yard to raise revenue, and its Big East rivals aren't warm to the idea of encouraging a school from DC to join their sandbox. The Georgetown model since 1964 has been based on a nonscholarship program playing peer institutions, one that has only come to full fruition when joining the PL in 2001. Playing Princeton has more institutional value than playing Morehead State.

GU doesn't make a lot of money on football but it doesn't lose a lot either, and for a school well versed in red ink, it doesn't present the open target that football did at places like Northeastern and Hofstra. It had plenty of chances to turn its back on football--from not funding a team in the 1960's, to not joining the College Division in 1970, or to give up on the idea it could even join I-AA in 1993, or merely to ride out the S.S. MAAC to the bottom of the NCAA pond a decade ago. Why turn its back now?

I've said that there is a sporting chance Georgetown won't be in the Patriot in future years. But the Patriot is not the only place it can play football, either.

As to Army and Navy, this thought. No Army four-star worth his mettle wants to walk the floors at the Pentagon and hear their Air Force compatriots remind them "You know, we at AFA can still play with the best of them. Too bad your cadets aren't good enough any more." The academies recruit nationally and they will continue to play a national schedule--put another way, the Brigade and the Corps are not marching into Multi-Sport Field in our lifetimes.

clenz
June 27th, 2012, 10:48 PM
If Witchita State restarts FB they will be in the MV to start.

They have no intention of doing FCS football - they will be a FBS transition from the start to a formerly BCS conference...that's the only way it is happening.

clenz
June 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
By 2020 if things get as crazy as they sound UNI may be in the MAC/CUSA or without football....

More than likely we are staying in the MVFC/whatever variation of it exists at that point.

Sader87
June 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I hope GTown remains in the PL DFW, I really do. My point is that GTown football (as you define it 1951-1963, but really it's more like 1951-1993) lost 2 or 3 generations of alumni who don't associate Georgetown and a weekend destination football game.

Holy Cross was probably (and may still be) headed in that direction since 1991 (last year of scholarships)...attendence at Fitton has plummeted in the non-scholarship era. My hope is that we've "stemmed that tide" but in many ways we have lost a generation of Holy Cross football fans. It's hard to reignite that passion and both Georgetown and Fordham have had that problem in the last 20 years.

I agree with your Air Force "envy" that Navy and Army may have to deal with....but ultimately I think the shift in FBS football will trump that.

bojeta
June 27th, 2012, 11:03 PM
All current Big Sky teams plus Long Beach State which brings back football at FCS level.

BlueHenSinfonian
June 27th, 2012, 11:16 PM

I'd love that conference. Not that the FCS hasn't been good for Delaware, but now that there is a playoff system in FBS (which is virtually guaranteed to expand over time allowing teams from the previous non-BCS conferences to have a shot) it's the perfect time to start planning a move.

My only change would be subbing Appy for Liberty.

Model Citizen
June 27th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Pioneer Football League...

No changes after 2013. xwhistlex

ekufbfan
June 27th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I agree with your Air Force "envy" that Navy and Army may have to deal with....but ultimately I think the shift in FBS football will trump that

Strange all the speculation of FCS teams moving up and at the same time ARMY and NAVY moving down. Sorry, just don't see it no matter how much you may want them part of your league. xnottalkingx

superman7515
June 28th, 2012, 06:32 AM
My only change would be subbing Appy for Liberty.

Thought about them but they were too far out of the rest of the fictional box.

NHwildEcat
June 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
North Division:
Montana
Montana State
Eastern Washington
Northern Iowa
Maine
Chadron St.

South Division:
Appalachian St.
Northwestern St.
Cal Poly
Eastern Kentucky
West Texas A&M
Hawaii

:) Maine @ Hawaii would be a short flight...think they could bus?

Cocky
June 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM

Doc

How many times is the world predicted to end? It seems like every year someone has schedule the end of the world.

Tribe4SF
June 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Dreaming...

CAA North

UNH
Maine
Albany
Stony Brook
Villanova
Delaware

CAA South

Towson
JMU
Richmond
W&M
Elon
Furman

813Jag
June 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
SWAC
East
JSU
Alcorn
Alabama St
AAMU
Tuskeegee
MVSU

West
SU
GSU
PVU
UAPB
TSU
Langston

- I don't really think anybody will join but 12 will make a better number

darell1976
June 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
North Division:
Montana
Montana State
Eastern Washington
Northern Iowa
Maine
Chadron St.

South Division:
Appalachian St.
Northwestern St.
Cal Poly
Eastern Kentucky
West Texas A&M
Hawaii

Add UND in your North Division...you could have UND's football team going to Hawaii in the fall and UND's hockey team going to Anchorage, Alaska in the winter. I wonder where most UND fans would want to attend......ALOHA!!!!

NHwildEcat
June 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Dreaming...

CAA North

UNH
Maine
Albany
Stony Brook
Villanova
Delaware

CAA South

Towson
JMU
Richmond
W&M
Elon
Furman

+1

mmiller_34
June 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Missouri Valley Conference in all sports.

Go...gate
June 28th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Patriot Football
Bucknell
Colgate
Fordham (now all sports) xhurrayx
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Villanova (if the CAA is smashed into smithereens) xcoachx

Ivy Football
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

cbarrier90
June 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
East
App St.
Florida
Georgia
Alabama
LSU
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Florida State

West
Oregon
Wisconsin
Boise St.
Oklahoma
USC
Texas
Michigan
Ohio St.

PAllen
June 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Patriot Football
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh

Ivy Football
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

xlolx:Dxlolx:Dxlolx

Thanks, I needed that.

wmmii
June 28th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Doc

You are rushing this, it is actually Dec 21, 2012

carney2
June 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Franklin & Marshall
Gettysburg
Johns Hopkins
Juniata
LAFAYETTE
Moravian
Muhlenberg
Susquehanna
Ursinus
Wilkes

Go...gate
June 29th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Franklin & Marshall
Gettysburg
Johns Hopkins
Juniata
LAFAYETTE
Moravian
Muhlenberg
Susquehanna
Ursinus
Wilkes

So, you found one of Art Rothkopf's old memoranda, eh?

P.S. You forgot Dickinson, Lycoming and Albright!

laxVik
June 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
UF
UGA
UK
Missouri
App State
USC
UT
Vandy

Bama
Arkasas
Auburn
LSU
MSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
SEC? That is quite laughable.

RichH2
June 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Ah the rumor mill. Over on Ivy Board posted that UNH to PL is a done deal.. HUH??????

NHwildEcat
June 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ah the rumor mill. Over on Ivy Board posted that UNH to PL is a done deal.. HUH??????

We don't have Men's Lax...so it wouldn't work. At least that is all I have heard about the PL, that it is looking for Lax teams.

UNHWILDCATS05
June 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM
If UNH joined the PL, they would have to play football in the PL right?

NHwildEcat
June 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
If UNH joined the PL, they would have to play football in the PL right?

One would think so...therefore the PL would need to go full scholly's because we are not dropping 'em.

DFW HOYA
June 29th, 2012, 01:15 PM
One would think so...therefore the PL would need to go full scholly's because we are not dropping 'em.

Um...you may have missed this discussion...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?105503-Is-the-THE-Patriot-League-announcement-I-mean-THE-ONE&highlight=patriot+league+scholarships

NHwildEcat
June 29th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Um...you may have missed this discussion...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?105503-Is-the-THE-Patriot-League-announcement-I-mean-THE-ONE&highlight=patriot+league+scholarships

Oh...yeah.

UNHWILDCATS05
June 29th, 2012, 02:35 PM

Link?

CID1990
June 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
The Citadel
Wofford
Valdosta State/Kennesaw
WCU
Furman
Samford
ETSU
Gardner Webb

Appfan_in_CAAland
June 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hope
App State, East Carolina, Marshall, James Madison, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Southern Miss, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, UNCC, Delaware, Troy, South Alabama, Florida Atlantic, Florida International

Fear
App State, Samford, Wofford, The Citadel, Tusculum, Presbyterian, Charleston Southern, Campbell, Lenior-Rhyne, Wingate, Mars Hill, Carson-Newman, Gardner-Webb, Brevard, UNCPembroke, Catawba

DFW HOYA
June 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
In conparison to the roll call of lost programs since 2003 (East Tennessee, Fairfield, Hofstra, Iona, LaSalle, Northeastern, Siena, St. Peter's, St. Mary's, etc.), there have been a number of new entrants coming onboard as well (Campbell, Georgia State, Old Dominion, South Alabama, UTSA, with Charlotte, Houston Baptist, Mercer, maybe New Orleans on the horizon).

What are some of the realistic names of schools who could be in the mix to add football this decade? I'll start with three:

1. High Point
2. Florida Gulf Coast
3. VCU

(Wild card: Univ. of Detroit.)

Go...gate
June 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I'm intrigued by what is going on on the Ivy Board as well, because William & Mary has now been added to the PL mix with UNH.

Tribe4SF
June 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'm intrigued by what is going on on the Ivy Board as well, because William & Mary has now been added to the PL mix with UNH.

Further evidence that Ivy types have no idea what they're talking about.

Except for IvyTalk, of course, who is all-knowing!

carney2
June 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Except for IvyTalk, of course, who is all-knowing!

He's lost his focus. He can't get that vision of the ball teetering on the roof of Lafayette's Bourger Varsity House out of his mind, and has spent many a sleepless night wondering if it's still there. It isn't.

BisonFan02
June 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
NDSU
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

carney2
June 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM

None of this "discussion" comes with any real weight. Just some yapping about things they know nothing about and care even less.

Ivytalk
June 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
He's lost his focus. He can't get that vision of the ball teetering on the roof of Lafayette's Bourger Varsity House out of his mind, and has spent many a sleepless night wondering if it's still there. It isn't.

After spending thousands on therapy, I've come to terms with that.:p

Ivytalk
June 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
xlolx
Patriot Football
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh

Ivy Football

Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

I'd gladly trade Penn (State) for Georgetown!

frozennorth
June 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM
In conparison to the roll call of lost programs since 2003 (East Tennessee, Fairfield, Hofstra, Iona, LaSalle, Northeastern, Siena, St. Peter's, St. Mary's, etc.), there have been a number of new entrants coming onboard as well (Campbell, Georgia State, Old Dominion, South Alabama, UTSA, with Charlotte, Houston Baptist, Mercer, maybe New Orleans on the horizon).

What are some of the realistic names of schools who could be in the mix to add football this decade? I'll start with three:

1. High Point
2. Florida Gulf Coast
3. VCU

(Wild card: Univ. of Detroit.)

Nebraska-Omaha. Probably not until a changing of the guard at athletic director though. I hear people talking about Wichita State fairly often as well.

GaelsFootball
June 30th, 2012, 03:42 PM
PFL

North
Butler
Marist
Dayton
Drake
GTown
Wisconsin-Milwaukee
I-O-N-A!!

South
Campbell
Davidson
Jacksonville
Morehead St
Valpo
Mercer
Stetson

(I can dream right!!)

DFW HOYA
June 30th, 2012, 03:47 PM
GTown
Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Really? And I didn't realize the Tigers were moving up from Division II...

http://www.georgetowncollegeathletics.com/sport/0/5.php

UAalum72
June 30th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Really? And I didn't realize the Tigers were moving up from Division II...

http://www.georgetowncollegeathletics.com/sport/0/5.php
UW-M has been Division I for 21 years. Football still at club level, though.

GaelsFootball
June 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM
And if that happens, I still get credit for being right

GaelsFootball
June 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/panthers/uwmilwaukee-looks-into-football-other-sports-133120663.html

Read this a while back....haven't heard anything since.
They already have club. They are in the midwest. Why not if the school can afford it?

bulldog10jw
June 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Really going out on a limb here.

Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

RichH2
June 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM

Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale Wow, that is kind of novel. Skeptical of rumors like this. Any real facts to support your claim?

DFW HOYA
June 30th, 2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/panthers/uwmilwaukee-looks-into-football-other-sports-133120663.html
They already have club. They are in the midwest. Why not if the school can afford it?

1. No facilities. Marquette Stadium was torn down in the late 1970's.
2. Marquette spends 50% of its budget on basketball. The fallacy of cannibalization (e.g., spending money on other sports might hurt basketball) is an issue.
3. Fading instutional memory of the sport. The youngest football alumnus is 70.
4. No perceived interest by students. This is where the attention needs to start from.
5. No perceived interest by the community. Packers and Badgers are the only options.

bulldog10jw
June 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Wow, that is kind of novel. Skeptical of rumors like this. Any real facts to support your claim?

Nothing substantial. I realize that with the way things are constantly and rapidly changing in the Ivy League, I'm really sticking my neck out, but sometimes you get a premonition that you just can't explain. This is one of those times.

Ivytalk
June 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale
Cue "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof.xnodx:D

bulldog10jw
June 30th, 2012, 09:03 PM
xlolx

I'd gladly trade Penn (State) for Georgetown!

Time to correct a 60 year old mistake, IT ?

coover
July 1st, 2012, 02:42 AM
All current Big Sky teams plus Long Beach State which brings back football at FCS level.

Oh, i certainly hope so. That would mean I could go to a Cal Poly game that is actually less than six hours away from home. Poly needs games in Southern California, but no one will play them there! Not USC, not UCLA, even San Diego State is afraid of them :) Other than the six hour drive to SLO, the closest game this year will be in Flagstaff, AZ, which is an 8 or 9 hour drive. I can get to Long Beach in two hours.