PDA

View Full Version : List of Schools With NCAA APR Public Recognition (Football)

DFW HOYA
June 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Appalachian State
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Davidson
Dayton
Fordham
Georgetown
Harvard
Lafayette
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

Sader87
June 14th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Appalachian State
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Davidson
Dayton
Fordham
Georgetown
Harvard
Lafayette
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

Not surprised we aren't listed...we're pretty much a football factory these days.

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Appalachian State
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Davidson
Dayton
Fordham
Georgetown
Harvard
Lafayette
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

All eastern schools?? They don't recognize anyone west of...Ohio?

melloware13
June 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Well you have all 8 from the Ivy League, 3 Patriot League, 2 PFL, and Appalachian State

Grizalltheway
June 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Surprised Delaware isn't on there, seems like they're one of the more highly rated public schools out there...

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Well you have all 8 from the Ivy League, 3 Patriot League, 2 PFL, and Appalachian State

We are smart out here in the Midwest don't ya know.;)

Model Citizen
June 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Surprised Delaware isn't on there, seems like they're one of the more highly rated public schools out there...

Maybe. But their football players aren't graduating at the same rate as diploma mills such as Yale.

Sader87
June 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM
http://www.goholycross.com/information/directory/General_Releases/061412apr

Besides football, we did pretty well.

Franks Tanks
June 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM

The list isn't subjective. If a school makes the numbers they will appear on the list.

Ivytalk
June 14th, 2012, 07:19 PM
No Lehigh?

PAllen
June 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
No Lehigh?

I was a little surprised not to see us on this list. It wasn't so long ago that we were sitting atop it.

Congrats to those who made this accomplishment.

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Appalachian State
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Davidson
Dayton
Fordham
Georgetown
Harvard
Lafayette
Pennsylvania
Princeton
Yale

Congrats on making sure your players graduate with some form of a degree and not many of them transfer.

That is meaningful.

bison137
June 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I was a little surprised not to see us on this list. It wasn't so long ago that we were sitting atop it.

In the six or seven years the NCAA has had a public recognition list for the top APR performers, Lehigh football has never made the list.

NDB
June 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM
The APR is culturally biased.

appsfan
June 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to see ASU on the list. In the past, has the list been dominated bt privates as it was this year?

lehighfball
June 15th, 2012, 12:58 AM
No Lehigh?

Not for football, but Lehigh did have 10 athletic teams recognized.

BucBisonAtLarge
June 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Bucknell football did not make it, but 17 other sports did. I blame the AI and demand MplsBison (aka MsB) investigate.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/genrel/061412aaa.html

MplsBison
June 15th, 2012, 07:01 AM
All that has to happen is too many guys transfer off the team - end. Your APR scores go down.

Buck and Lehigh probably had one too many transfers.

Smitty
June 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM
They haven't released all of the scores yet have they?

bison137
June 15th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Not for football, but Lehigh did have 10 athletic teams recognized.

Which is the worst performance by any of the PL's private schools:

Bucknell 17
Holy Cross 17
Colgate 13
Lafayette 13
Lehigh 10
American 8 (out of 16 sports)

bison137
June 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM
They haven't released all of the scores yet have they?

No.

Franks Tanks
June 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM

Congrats to those who made this accomplishment.

Lehigh football grad numbers have been rather low lately. Bucknell's numbers were just below others that made the list so it appears they fell just short. Below is the search function to find APR information.

http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

The GSR number is more meaningful IMO as it does not penalize the school for players who transfer and complete their degree elsewhere, or leave the school in good academic standing. A link to the GSR numbers is below.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/newmedia/public/rates/index.html

This is the PL football numbers.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/newmedia/public/rates/index.html

Lehigh's GSR and FGR (Federal graduation rate) numbers have been ugly lately. For example in the latest data available Lehigh has a GSR of 69 and a FGR of 60. The FGR measure includes "FGR measures the percentage of first-time,full-time freshman who graduate within six years of entering their original four-year institution." Only 60 percent of this particular class of Lehigh Football players graduated from Lehigh within 6 years, and only 69% graduated from any college within 6 years. The few years prior look similar. I hope to see Lehigh's numbers improve over the next few years.

MplsBison
June 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah but obviously the intention of this whole thing was the prevent schools from recruiting a bunch of crunk, thugs and having them play a couple seasons, hardly ever go to class and then flunk out.

I'm guessing that's not the case in the PL.

EKU-n-GSU
June 15th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Given the cost of tuition these days, I wouldn't read too much into graduation rate stastics being solely about an inability to learn. Even in states where tuitions are historically low for state colleges and universities, tuition costs (and books, room and board, general expenses, etc.) are a big, big expense for most families - especially with more than one child/student in school.

WMTribe90
June 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
All that has to happen is too many guys transfer off the team - end. Your APR scores go down.

Buck and Lehigh probably had one too many transfers.

As best I can tell that is an outdated excuse.

The Division I Committee on Academic Performance continues to examine data produced by the Academic Progress Rate and has adjusted the calculation over the years in response. Changes have included exceptions for student-athletes in good academic standing who leave school early to pursue a professional career, student-athletes who transfer to another school while meeting minimum academic requirements and student-athletes who return to graduate at a later date.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Academics/Division+I/How+is+APR+calculated

Appears to em that as long as the player transferring out is in good standing academically the APR won't be affected.

MplsBison
June 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Fair enough.

I wouldn't have believe that PL football players weren't graduating, but apparently it is so in some cases.

colonelblitz
June 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
EKU 968.6 avg over the last 6 years. 960 last year. No penalties.

BucBisonAtLarge
June 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
When you enter an Ivy/PL school, you expect to leave with a diploma four years later, bearing that school's name. Spending an extra semester or year is too ugly financially to contemplate.

EKU-n-GSU
June 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Fair enough.

I wouldn't have believe that PL football players weren't graduating, but apparently it is so in some cases.

I can tell you from direct experience that not all programs offer full scholarships to all potential 'athletes'. Even with 63 scholarships available, 'we' divvy those up amongst the student athletes that will get Georgia's HOPE academic scholarship money and those whose parents appear 'capable' of paying their 'fair share'. The full rides are almost always held onto for dis-advantaged students to ensure they are able to stay in school provided they meet program academic requirements. No surprises here...happens everywhere...don't deny it.

BucBisonAtLarge
June 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Transfers? MsB, take a close look at those rosters-- some prep school guys but rarely transfers.

MplsBison
June 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Transfers? MsB, take a close look at those rosters-- some prep school guys but rarely transfers.

No, transferring out.

BEAR
June 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM
via ucasports admin:

UCA Bears Football wins the award for the highest Academic Progress Rate (APR) in the Southland Conference for the second consecutive year. The 951 score was 13 points higher than 2nd place & also leads all DI Football schools in the state of Arkansas!! GO BEARS!!!