PDA

View Full Version : A cap on season tickets???

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/364146/group/Sports/

Why would you do that?!

If you want in on Bison football, there are a limited number of seats. Don't be thinking you can just walk-up and get a ticket anymore.

Best get in early and sack up for a season set. Go in with someone (or multiple people) if you can't afford it.

If a minimum number of GA walk-ups was desired, for some really weird reason, then start cutting into the student section or force students to get walk-up GA tickets by Friday before the game (if they don't already). Sell the rest.

NHwildEcat
June 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I don't think you should cap season tickets unless you have literally run out of seats...this is FCS. Get as many butts into the seats as is possible. The problem with having seats reserved for individual games or walk-ups is that when there is a blizzard out people are going to stay home instead of getting out and driving in it...Season tickets are guaranteed sold seats...that money is needed.

Professor Chaos
June 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I can only assume that they don't want to sell GA seats as season tickets and the rest are student tickets, visitor tickets, and tickets reserved for the athletic staff and players. I have no idea why they wouldn't scrap GA seating altogether when they have physical seats with numbers on them that they could sell as reserved and thus sell as season tickets.

They won't be cutting regular season student tickets because technically those are seats bought by the students. The only thing I could see them doing, and it would make a lot of sense, is to give students a Friday deadline to claim their tickets and sell the rest as GA on Saturday like they do for playoff games.

LakesBison
June 14th, 2012, 01:01 PM
its 12,000 now. 12,500 is cap ive heard. 4000 students 1500 GA 300 players family 200 visitors. thats 18,500 sellout every game.

I agree, keep selling season tickets up to 14,000.

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I can only assume that they don't want to sell GA seats as season tickets and the rest are student tickets, visitor tickets, and tickets reserved for the athletic staff and players. I have no idea why they wouldn't scrap GA seating altogether when they have physical seats with numbers on them that they could sell as reserved and thus sell as season tickets.

They won't be cutting regular season student tickets because technically those are seats bought by the students. The only thing I could see them doing, and it would make a lot of sense, is to give students a Friday deadline to claim their tickets and sell the rest as GA on Saturday like they do for playoff games.

Yeah you're probably right. They must want to reserve a certain amount for students, and other groups (perhaps tickets for coaches, players, other comp tickets, etc.)

Absolutely zero reason to sell a single GA ticket to the public if you can sell every other seat as a season ticket.