PDA

View Full Version : Coastal and Lehigh Recruits Star in McDonald's Classic

ngineer
June 23rd, 2006, 07:42 AM
Bryan Myers of Stroudsburg,PA and Jim Potocnie of Whitehall, Pa helped lead the Lehigh/Monroe County all-stars over the Northampton County all-stars, 20-17 at the Lehigh Valley McDonald's Football Classic last night.
Myers, who is headed for Coastal Carolina, was 3 for 3 on field goals of 30, 35, and 35, with the last being the game winner with 1.8 seconds remaining. The game winning drive was assisted by catches from Lehigh bound Potocnie who is a wide receiver. Potocnie had 6 receptions for 77 yards.

rokamortis
June 23rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Sounds like we got a nice pickup. I am a little surprised because we already signed a PK - but the more the merrier.

trojan5588
June 24th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I was at the all star game in Redondo Beach, CA, where the SO CAL all star game was played. I didnt realize it but the Cali lineman, goin to lehigh, chris aaron was in it and he looks good. They announced everyone at the beginning and I heard them say his name and that he was goin to lehigh. They stated that he is bigger than the class of 2010 post. He looks around 6'5. Im going to try and find a article bout it. He played the whole game and they announced him having like 6 or 7 pancakes...against a D-end going to Nebraska and a D-tackle goin to Arizona. For a all star game I thot that was pretty good. He got the "best lineman" of the game. Like I said im gonna try to find a article on that. But it got me pretty excited. He may get some playing time quickly. Anyone hear more about the other kid from Monrovia, CA goin to lehigh. Has he been in any all star games???? Thot u Lehigh fans would like to hear about that.

ngineer
June 24th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Hey thanks for the post and info. Getting a kid from Cal is always interesting. Sometimes due to family ties. Not sure how we came onto this one, but he certainly sounds like he could be a force. Welcome aboard. Can always use another Engineering Mountain Hawk around here.:D
If you find a link to any news article on the game please post. Thanks.

trojan5588
June 25th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Unfortunatly either the papers or just their websites lack a link to either of the two articles which covered the game. But, in consolation, I was able to get some pics of him downloaded from the newspaper website. Let me put them in. Also, the all star game was in december too, so maybe the articles are archived, but I will try to still get them. Here is a link to the pictures taken at the game.

http://www.pbase.com/kathyg/allstars&page=all

He is #73 on the BLUE team

MarkCCU
June 25th, 2006, 10:43 PM
sounds like our new guy is gonnabe a good player.

trojan5588
June 25th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Hey thanks for the post and info. Getting a kid from Cal is always interesting. Sometimes due to family ties. Not sure how we came onto this one, but he certainly sounds like he could be a force. Welcome aboard. Can always use another Engineering Mountain Hawk around here.:D
If you find a link to any news article on the game please post. Thanks.

Well, in the article, it said that he choose lehigh partly because he followed the coaches, Trey Brown, Brett Sawyer, and Coen from penn. They where the coaches which visited at his house from penn, and called him, and when they moved to lehigh, he decided that he wanted to follow them to lehigh. Then he said how he "discovered" how they were such a dominant program, better than penn, and that it was the best spot financially, football wise, and academiclly. SMART KID!!! hahahaha He also had a offer from holy cross, penn, and 1-A houston, thats quoted from the paper and the LA times, and rivals, but his profile isnt on it anymore dunno why. It also said he had walk on spots at USC, Northwestern, and Temple. According to all of that, Im glad we got him. Since I cant find a link i thot id just type it for u...hahaha..well there it is.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 26th, 2006, 07:17 AM
http://i.pbase.com/o4/97/19397/1/53897732.CRW_6630.jpg

:) All-right, coach Coen! :bow:

trojan5588
June 26th, 2006, 03:17 PM
ya.....seriously...good job coen!!!!!:hurray: :hurray:

ngineer
June 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Unfortunatly either the papers or just their websites lack a link to either of the two articles which covered the game. But, in consolation, I was able to get some pics of him downloaded from the newspaper website. Let me put them in. Also, the all star game was in december too, so maybe the articles are archived, but I will try to still get them. Here is a link to the pictures taken at the game.

http://www.pbase.com/kathyg/allstars&page=all

He is #73 on the BLUE team

Thanks. What is good to see is that he's big without a 'gut', which looks like he can move. Excellent pick up by Lehigh considering who was also after him. Coen gets kudos on this !

skinny_uncle
June 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM
sounds like our new guy is gonnabe a good player.
I think you should General Patton proper credit for the last line in your signature. I would hate for him to come out of his grave to discuss it with you.