PDA

View Full Version : NCAA proves their ineptness once again...

dmksioux
June 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Look at what our AD received in the mail today...complete with a letter.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/238690/

Maybe we should keep it and make them come up to GF and play us before giving it back.:)

darell1976
June 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Look at what our AD received in the mail today...complete with a letter.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/238690/

Maybe we should keep it and make them come up to GF and play us before giving it back.:)

NDSU will just recieve UND's FCS Championship Banner for 2012. It just seems fair.

LakesBison
June 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
haha, thats called "rubbin your nose in it" bravo to whoever gave the ncaa that address to send...."marketing staff"

Im glad you're making a front page newspaper spectacle about it, because it'll be the closest you'll ever come to having a FCS championship banner.

darell1976
June 13th, 2012, 12:38 PM
haha, thats called "rubbin your nose in it" bravo to whoever gave the ncaa that address to send...."marketing staff"

Im glad you're making a front page newspaper spectacle about it, because it'll be the closest you'll ever come to having a FCS championship banner.

I think NDSU fans said that in 2001 about a DII Championship banner.

dmksioux
June 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM

I just can't believe that the NCAA doesn't know where NDSU is and who their athletic director is. After all, they are rivals with Minnesota and have totally left that school to the North behind. ALso that school to the north will be dropping down to NAIA at anytime... xrotatehx

BEAR
June 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
xpopcornx

Ginsbach
June 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Just think, if it takes you as long to win an FCS championship after entering FCS as it did to win a DII championship after DII started, you only have 28 more years to wait!

I still can't believe the NCAA messed this up. Inexcusable.

whitey
June 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
LOL

superman7515
June 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'll just go ahead and get Mpls started... See, even the NCAA doesn't care about the FCS level.

LakesBison
June 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
1994Braves on bisonville.

*phone rings*
NDSU receptionist: Hello?
NCAA: Yes this is NCAA can we get contact info and address to send championship banner to?
NDSU receptionist: Sure it's Brian Faison address is Hyslop Center, Grand Forks, ND
NCAA: Thanks should receive it in a couple weeks! *click*
NDSU receptionist: I just pwned NCAA and UND in the same call! ha

Hammerhead
June 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
That's almost as funny as this gaffe by the WCHA listing North Dakota State as one of the teams in the conference tourney :)

http://siouxsports.com/galleries/101/ndsu.jpg

DJKyR0
June 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM

You could always do what other schools do and actually earn one of those trophies you lay claim to. Just a suggestion.

BucBisonAtLarge
June 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Just all that NCAA correspondence lately with UND.... so confusing

MplsBison
June 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Bull****

I don't buy for a second that people are incapable of differentiation the schools.

Does this happen to Arizona and Arizona St? Florida and Florida St? Washington and Washington St?

F____ off.

Hammerhead
June 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM
It happens all the time. I'm sure at least one coach in the playoffs last year referred to the Bison as "North Dakota." The DirecTV app that can be used to follow a college team has the NDSU logo and is listed as just "North Dakota" and it's not a space issue because SDSU has "South Dakota St" below their logo.

BisonHype!
June 13th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Wow. Embarassing for the NCAA. I hope this makes ESPN or something to show people how stupid people are at the NCAA. Your spending all this time with the Sioux nickname issue, and you believe that they changed their nickname and won a championship during the same time period.... someone is fired....

MplsBison
June 13th, 2012, 05:10 PM
It happens all the time. I'm sure at least one coach in the playoffs last year referred to the Bison as "North Dakota." The DirecTV app that can be used to follow a college team has the NDSU logo and is listed as just "North Dakota" and it's not a space issue because SDSU has "South Dakota St" below their logo.

I know it happens all the time and not just to the NCAA.

But why is it so hard for North Dakota?

Why don't they f___ up every other state that has a University of ______ and a ______ State University that are in the same athletic tier? Bull____.

Hammerhead
June 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Most of the states with the lowest population don't have a U and a State U. I'm sure people mix up SDSU and USD along with Montana and Montana State outside of the FCS football world.

TheBisonator
June 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Most casual sports fans will forever confuse the two schools. UND fans who are brainwashed by their hockey prowess and NDSU fans brainwashed by their FB prowess can say otherwise, but the average schlub watching the games on Saturday afternoons at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Killeen, Texas will never be able to distinguish the two.

After the South Dakota Coyotes beat Minnesota a couple years ago, ABC's John Saunders kept calling them the Jackrabbits.

darell1976
June 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Most casual sports fans will forever confuse the two schools. UND fans who are brainwashed by their hockey prowess and NDSU fans brainwashed by their FB prowess can say otherwise, but the average schlub watching the games on Saturday afternoons at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Killeen, Texas will never be able to distinguish the two.

After the South Dakota Coyotes beat Minnesota a couple years ago, ABC's John Saunders kept calling them the Jackrabbits.

Ticketmaster had tickets on their website for last season's football game for South Dakota State at North Dakota, instead of South Dakota at North Dakota.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 13th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I know it happens all the time and not just to the NCAA.

But why is it so hard for North Dakota?

Why don't they f___ up every other state that has a University of ______ and a ______ State University that are in the same athletic tier? Bull____.

They do, MSU & UM are messed up or mixed a great deal as well. I mean as far as media goes from outsiders anyway. Don't think the NCAA has ever missed on the mailing like this one.

Gothmog
June 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM

No, it's what UND fans started saying about NDSU when NDSU announced that it was moving to DI. Didn't take long for them (UND fans) to be proven wrong.

Go Bison
June 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I always wondered if NDSU went by ND State(like it is on the bottom of ESPNs ticker) like K State or NC State does if that would help. I highly doubt it would help that much. I suppose the people of North Dakota would have had a hard time changing from NDSU as well.

TheBisonator
June 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I always wondered if NDSU went by ND State(like it is on the bottom of ESPNs ticker) like K State or NC State does if that would help. I highly doubt it would help that much. I suppose the people of North Dakota would have had a hard time changing from NDSU as well.

That's what I thought not too long ago. Like if "ND State" was the unofficial way to refer to NDSU. It might have helped, but I think only the big schools get the luxury of going by a unique unofficial name.

MplsBison
June 13th, 2012, 08:43 PM
They do, MSU & UM are messed up or mixed a great deal as well. I mean as far as media goes from outsiders anyway. Don't think the NCAA has ever missed on the mailing like this one.

I don't give a dump.

If you can't take two seconds to pull your head out of your butt and look it up, you are a *****.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I don't give a dump.

If you can't take two seconds to pull your head out of your butt and look it up, you are a *****.

Well I was just trying to relay to you that it does happen to other schools. If it's that big of a deal to you then good luck with all of that.

Sorry to hear about the constipation problem.

tourguide
June 14th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Well I was just trying to relay to you that it does happen to other schools. If it's that big of a deal to you then good luck with all of that.

Sorry to hear about the constipation problem.

Yep they have done it with kent st and kentucky plus sd state and san diego state.

eaglewraith
June 14th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I want to laugh at this, but seriously, if the NCAA doesn't even take the FCS National Championship serious enough to make sure the banner goes to the right school then why should we expect the average fan to care?

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I want to laugh at this, but seriously, if the NCAA doesn't even take the FCS National Championship serious enough to make sure the banner goes to the right school then why should we expect the average fan to care?

The only sport that matters to the NCAA is men's bball since they have nothing to do with the post-season in FBS football.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2012, 11:07 AM

Yeah, I can see your point...jeesus christ can we try and make a mountain out of a molehill. You all act like you perform flawlessly so you must be the greatest everything at everything.

I will guarantee you that at some point Georgia Southern has probably received intended Georgia State. But this is the NCAA you say? Yeah, I get it, they should have known better but just like any other large organization they have regular people working regular jobs and mistakes happen.

Holy ****.

"How can we expect the average fan to care?" I don't expect the average fan to care, I don't care about those people's rooting interest any more than I care that someone else likes Coke if I drink Pepsi.

What I like is what I care about. You should try it.

BisonBacker
June 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I can see your point...jeesus christ can we try and make a mountain out of a molehill. You all act like you perform flawlessly so you must be the greatest everything at everything.

I will guarantee you that at some point Georgia Southern has probably received intended Georgia State. But this is the NCAA you say? Yeah, I get it, they should have known better but just like any other large organization they have regular people working regular jobs and mistakes happen.

Holy ****.

"How can we expect the average fan to care?" I don't expect the average fan to care, I don't care about those people's rooting interest any more than I care that someone else likes Coke if I drink Pepsi.

What I like is what I care about. You should try it.

Why should I try to care about what you care about? Why you care about it is no care of mine so I'll care about what I care about and you can care about what you care about Kapish? Just trying to help ya there Ursus because I care!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Why should I try to care about what you care about? Why you care about it is no care of mine so I'll care about what I care about and you can care about what you care about Kapish? Just trying to help ya there Ursus because I care!

What I care about is important. You make a good point though so go ahead and try it your way I guess and then when it becomes pointless move on over to what I care about.

BisonBacker
June 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
What I care about is important. You make a good point though so go ahead and try it your way I guess and then when it becomes pointless move on over to what I care about.
Your sarcasm meter must be broken ; )

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Your sarcasm meter must be broken ; )

Uh no, I got it and was volleying back a pretty fair amount on that last one so who's meter is not working? C'mon man, you did not read that as an honest reply from me did you?

BisonBacker
June 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Uh no, I got it and was volleying back a pretty fair amount on that last one so who's meter is not working? C'mon man, you did not read that as an honest reply from me did you?

Kapeesshhhh LOL

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
There was a heated debate on siouxsports.com about NDSU fans blaming UND for not contacting Gene Taylor and leaking the story out...here is a post of Jayson Hajdu the SID at UND:

Just to clarify a few things before this really takes on a life of it's own (too late!):

As soon as the package was opened, Brian Faison called Mr. Taylor and left him a message, indicating we had received the banner. Shortly after that, while Mr. Faison was doing a series of radio interviews regarding Tuesday's election results, a staff member tweeted a picture of the banner (a couple of other staff members also put a photo on their personal Facebook pages). Wayne Nelson, seeing the tweet, came down to the athletics office to take a picture of his own.

The banner was re-packaged and shipped to NDSU yesterday.

Our profession can be a stressful one -- the months and years leading up to Tuesday's vote serving as Exhibit A -- and we're all guilty of taking ourselves a little too seriously at times. Every now and then, it's okay to have a little fun. After all, it's sports. No disrespect was ever intended.

eaglewraith
June 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Oh you better believe I'd milk the hell out of something that was sent to us that should have gone to an instate rival.

That's why sports are awesome.

LakesBison
June 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM
gotta love a douche SID going on a message board. stay classy.

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
gotta love a douche going on a message board. stay classy.

FIFY

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Almost as classy threatening a state politician with physical violence and then being arrested for it.

Shut your fat, stupid mouth up. You get to talk last, on anything.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM

You really are not a smart man at all LB. You realize how little of my time you have to spend and you post something like this that will almost assuredly use that little bit of time up?

Have a good summer Lakes. BTW, you got no one to blame but yourself as I've repeatedly told you to just stay away from the UND stuff and you'd probably be safe but you just can't do it. Blame yourself man.

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thank god, if there is one.

He needs to be banned from the entire internet, save work emails.

LakesBison
June 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
mplsbison you are complete loser NO ONE has ever met you YOU ARE NOT a BISON fan!!

ZIP YOUR MOUTH.

urses. what would you call Montana State's SID or Montana's SID if they were to write on a message board? huh?

Every thread on here is about und, darrel is obsessed with starting a new thread everyday.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
mplsbison you are complete loser NO ONE has ever met you YOU ARE NOT a BISON fan!!

ZIP YOUR MOUTH.

urses. what would you call Montana State's SID or Montana's SID if they were to write on a message board? huh?

Every thread on here is about und, darrel is obsessed with starting a new thread everyday.

If an MSU SID posted on a message board to relay information I would call him fairly smart and with the times to be proactive in getting the accurate information out to the people.

Whatever you think is up to you but I don't consider your opinions well thought out. They use twitter, facebook, and other sources of social media which a message board is closely related to. We all use this board everyday to pass around info. and discuss topics so you are a moron for demeaning the use of it as something that shouldn't be utilized.

I've told you that what you think should be vetted very well in relation to what you hit "submit" on so as not to use this clock up. You can't figure it out.

As I said, if what I think will happen does happen over this then please be sure and blame yourself it.

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM

ZIP YOUR MOUTH.

And once again, hopefully for the final time, I ask you:

what the h___ does that have to do with anything? Many, many, many people regret the fact that they've met you.