PDA

View Full Version : Top FBS Transfers

FanofFCS
June 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM
If there was an FBS Transfer of the Year Award, who would win it? Kyle Padron?
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_6_08_2012.htm

darell1976
June 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_6_08_2012.htm

Braden Hanson, QB, North Dakota (from North Carolina) - Hanson only has one season of eligibility remaining, but the Fighting Sioux believe that's enough to help them transition into the Big Sky Conference and groom their younger quarterbacks. The final co-champs from the Great West Conference had a porous passing game a year ago, but Hanson, a 6-6, 215-pound left-hander, will see over tall linemen and get the ball down the field. He was the 2007 North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year.

xthumbsupx

danefan
June 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Coker is far and away the best transfer pick-up in the FCS.

CrazyCat
June 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
He's not on the list but I think Eryon Barnett will be a very good addition to our defense at possibly corner, safety, or nickel. All I can hope for is that he follows Tray Robinson's example from last year. He didn't have huge numbers but came in with a great attitude and became a very important piece to the teams success along with the Big Sky Newcomer award.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM

It would certainly come down to Coker and Padron, both will have a huge impact on their team's prospects. I would imagine Padron being more important to EWU simply because of position; QB has his hands on the ball every play, RB doesn't. Gonna be a great season!

Sammy94
June 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Shouldn't we play the games first?

bluehenbillk
June 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM
David Mackall from MD to DE wasn't on the list either, he's got all-CAA talent.

MplsBison
June 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM
xthumbsupx

What's the connection to UND?

You can't tell me the coaches recruited this guy and you can't tell me he threw a dart at a map. Plus there was no former UNC to UND athlete for him to know, like the EWU transfer QB.

Maybe he just likes playing for the state namesake public university of states named North ____ ?

darell1976
June 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM

You can't tell me the coaches recruited this guy and you can't tell me he threw a dart at a map. Plus there was no former UNC to UND athlete for him to know, like the EWU transfer QB.

Maybe he just likes playing for the state namesake public university of states named North ____ ?

I know that Hanson graduated from UNC in December and UND is in need of a QB and he was tired of being a backup. So unless someone at UND contacted him or unless he knows what schools need a QB...your guess is as good as mine. He has only 1 year of eligibility so this is his only shot to be a starter for a DI team.

melloware13
June 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I know that Hanson graduated from UNC in December and UND is in need of a QB and he was tired of being a backup. So unless someone at UND contacted him or unless he knows what schools need a QB...your guess is as good as mine. He has only 1 year of eligibility so this is his only shot to be a starter for a DI team.

If he graduated already, he would have been able to go to a FBS school and not wait if he enrolled in a graduate program that UNC doesn't have. Although from my understanding, it's tough to find a program that UNC doesn't have (seems to be a good school).

BEAR
June 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Interesting topic. Is it more about potential?

If so, look at how UCA uses Tight Ends. How about UCA's TE Austin Haywood who transferred from the Oklahoma Sooners?

6'5"
260 lbs
Four stars

No. 2 player in Oklahoma (Rivals.com)
• No. 4 player in Oklahoma (Scout.com)
• No. 7 tight end (Rivals.com)- in the nation
• No. 7 tight end (Scout.com)- in the nation
• No. 139 overall player (Rivals.com)- in the nation

That's out of high school. His stint at OU was short and I'm not sure why he left but in UCAs system, he'll be used until he drops. xlolx

Professor Chaos
June 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm fairly sure it's against NCAA guidelines to contact a student athlete at another university proactively about transferring to your university even if everyone is aware of his intention to transfer.

But then again when has UND ever been worried about NCAA guidelines? :D xpeacex

MplsBison
June 8th, 2012, 08:00 PM
If he graduated already, he would have been able to go to a FBS school and not wait if he enrolled in a graduate program that UNC doesn't have. Although from my understanding, it's tough to find a program that UNC doesn't have (seems to be a good school).

Yeah but on the other hand, Wilson transferred from NC State to Wisconsin. Granted Wisconsin is as high of a graduate academic school as you can get in the nation (Big Ten). But still...NC State is a pretty big flagship in a pretty big state.

SDFS
June 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM

I'm fairly sure it's against NCAA guidelines to contact a student athlete at another university proactively about transferring to your university even if everyone is aware of his intention to transfer.

But then again when has UND ever been worried about NCAA guidelines? :D xpeacex

Yeah but on the other hand, Wilson transferred from NC State to Wisconsin. Granted Wisconsin is as high of a graduate academic school as you can get in the nation (Big Ten). But still...NC State is a pretty big flagship in a pretty big state.

This is from his uncle - he posted it in the comment section - http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2012/01/09/qb-transfer-braden-hanson/

The transfer was initiated by his father, who was born in Fargo. I am Braden’s uncle, born in Grand Forks and raised in Fargo in the 50′s/60. My father (Braden’s grandfather), Glen Hanson, was a newscaster at WDAY-TV in Fargo in the late 50′s/early sixties. Braden’s great-uncle is a UND grad. You are getting a really great kid here; I can’t wait to come to GF frm Chicago and see him play. I also hope he can score tickets to the Ralph for hockey – go Sioux!

Seawolf97
June 8th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Coker is far and away the best transfer pick-up in the FCS.

Gotta believe that. He is going to have a field day with Big South run defense's.

MplsBison
June 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah the guy's a beast, but if you put 9 guys in the box it won't matter.

QB is the most important position in team sports. End of story.

darell1976
June 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
This is from his uncle - he posted it in the comment section - http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2012/01/09/qb-transfer-braden-hanson/

The transfer was initiated by his father, who was born in Fargo. I am Braden’s uncle, born in Grand Forks and raised in Fargo in the 50′s/60. My father (Braden’s grandfather), Glen Hanson, was a newscaster at WDAY-TV in Fargo in the late 50′s/early sixties. Braden’s great-uncle is a UND grad. You are getting a really great kid here; I can’t wait to come to GF frm Chicago and see him play. I also hope he can score tickets to the Ralph for hockey – go Sioux!

Thanks for clearing that up!! I tried to look for a reason but missed that.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Coker is a rare breed of FBS transfer. He doesn't seem to be a prima donna and seems to have a decent work ethic. He has not only got significant PT in college, he was one of the top rushers in the country in the Big 10 conference.

Seems like an obvious choice.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Coker is a rare breed of FBS transfer. He doesn't seem to be a prima donna and seems to have a decent work ethic. He has not only got significant PT in college, he was one of the top rushers in the country in the Big 10 conference.

Seems like an obvious choice.

Why did he transfer?

slostang
June 8th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I am hoping Wisconsin transfer DE Jake Irwin will be for Cal Poly.

Jake Irwin, DL 6-4 260, Waunakee, WI (Waunakee HS/University of Wisconsin)

Irwin, a 2010 graduate of Waunakee High School, will be a redshirt sophomore at Cal Poly after transferring from the University of Wisconsin, where he was a redshirt in 2010 and did not play in 2011. He was named Wisconsin's defensive scout team player of the week for the Indiana game in the 2010 season. Under head coach Pat Rice at Waunakee High School, Irwin recorded 55 tackles, 22 of them for lost yardage, and 10 sacks along with one blocked punt, one interception and one fumble return for a touchdown in his senior season (2009), leading the Warriors to a 13-1 record, first-place tie in the Badger North Conference and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association state Division II championship. A team captain, Irwin was ranked by Scout.com as the No. 103 defensive end in the country and the 11th-best player in Wisconsin according to Rivals.com. In his senior season, Irwin was named Wisconsin State Journal All-Area Player of the Year and named first-team all-area by the Wisconsin State Journal and Capital Times. He also earned first-team Wisconsin Football Coaches Association and Associated Press all-state honors as an offensive lineman. A unanimous two-way first-team Badger All-Conference selection as an offensive tackle and defensive end, Irwin was the Wisconsin Sports Network's inaugural Joe Thomas Award Winner as the state's outstanding senior offensive lineman. He anchored an offensive line that produced two 1,000-yard rushers. Irwin was named first-team all-conference as a junior and honorable mention in the Badger North Conference as a sophomore. He started at right tackle for three seasons and won three letters in both football and wrestling. Irwin was a member of his school's honor roll all four years.

MSUDuo
June 9th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Missouri State just picked up a QB transfer from SMU. Stephen Kaiser was rated the #47 QB by Rivals from his class 1-2 years ago. He will be a sophomore for the Bears.

danefan
June 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Why did he transfer?

My understanding is that he was investigated for a sexual assault but never charged. They let him play during the investigation but than suspended him for the bowl game for some reason. If I remember correctly, he didn't like the way it was handled and decided to transfer. Stony Brook had what he wanted as far as academics (chemical engineering I think) and he like Priore.

Seems like a stand up kid in all the interviews I've seen and read.

I'm sure there are others that are more aware and I'm sure the folks from Iowa have a different opinion.

MplsBison
June 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Why did he transfer?

Allegations of rape, basically. That were proven false. But the community turned on him so he said "f you then". Good for him.

MplsBison
June 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Missouri State just picked up a QB transfer from SMU. Stephen Kaiser was rated the #47 QB by Rivals from his class 1-2 years ago. He will be a sophomore for the Bears.

Huh, isn't that where EWU's new superhero QB transfer is from??

Guess they all want to play for Jones.

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
We dont need FBS drop downs..........cant wait to play Maxi Padron on the "Red Turf"........................................xcoffeex

Apphole
June 9th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Thread title=Oxymoron

Screamin_Eagle174
June 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
We dont need FBS drop downs..........cant wait to play Maxi Padron on the "Red Turf"........................................xcoffeex

Nate Montana
Justin Roper
Josh Swogger
Craig Ochs

and that's just QBs in the last 8 years. Then there's your Kavario Middletons, Antwon Moutras, the list goes on and on. xcoffeex

Oh, and his name is "Hasn't Raped Anyone Yet, Allegedly" Padron. xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Nate Montana
Justin Roper
Josh Swogger
Craig Ochs

and that's just QBs in the last 8 years. Then there's your Kavario Middletons, Antwon Moutras, the list goes on and on. xcoffeex

Oh, and his name is "Hasn't Raped Anyone Yet, Allegedly" Padron. xthumbsupx

Oh JJ is gonna actually rape you guys this fall......it wont be an accusation it will be blatant 1st degree assault of biblical proportions.

I tried to overlook your EWU education but it you read my original post I said we dont "NEED" FBS drop downs. No where in the post will you find where I said we didnt get them, just that we do better without them and they rarely make any significant impact.

xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
June 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Oh JJ is gonna actually rape you guys this fall......it wont be an accusation it will be blatant 1st degree assault of biblical proportions.

I tried to overlook your EWU education but it you read my original post I said we dont "NEED" FBS drop downs. No where in the post will you find where I said we didnt get them, just that we do better without them and they rarely make any significant impact.

xcoffeex

With Ochs, you never would have made the NC in 2004. Without Roper, you would've finished 2010 with 4 or 5 wins. Without Moutra, you don't go as far as you did last year. The Griz get, and use a LOT of transfers. You DO need them.

And I highly doubt JJ will be on the team in the fall. Improper benefits by the UM staff with the lawyers, at the very least. Enjoy the middle of the conference this year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 9th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Enjoy the middle of the conference this year.

We will be well above where you finish. (Middle of the BSC every year)

We always are and we dont need drop downs to do it.........your list was pretty ignorant.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
We will be well above where you finish. (Middle of the BSC every year)

We always are and we dont need drop downs to do it.........your list was pretty ignorant.

2010. xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
2010. xcoffeex

I dont even need to post anything about UM................you guys looking up already know.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 9th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I dont even need to post anything about UM................you guys looking up already know.

I don't know about you, but I don't read Missoula Police reports, newspapers, and national tabloids, looking up. It's more of a horizontal-downward approach. But yes, I know all about the rapes, DUIs, tazerings, fights and the DOJ, DOE, and NCAA investigations. xcoffeex

Like I said, enjoy that Eagle **** and Cat scat while in 3rd or worse. xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 10th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I don't know about you, but I don't read Missoula Police reports, newspapers, and national tabloids, looking up. It's more of a horizontal-downward approach. But yes, I know all about the rapes, DUIs, tazerings, fights and the DOJ, DOE, and NCAA investigations. xcoffeex

Like I said, enjoy that Eagle **** and Cat scat while in 3rd or worse. xthumbsupx

The Griz envy drips off you like your life partners golden shower.

You cant beat us on the field, in the papers or even in this really low level smack you are dabbling in. In fact the one anomaly year for you guys (2010) is inversely proportional to our "every year". You guys know about 3rd place, maybe someday you will reach deep and climb back up into the top 3 in our really weak conference.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
The Griz envy drips off you like your life partners golden shower.

You cant beat us on the field, in the papers or even in this really low level smack you are dabbling in. In fact the one anomaly year for you guys (2010) is inversely proportional to our "every year". You guys know about 3rd place, maybe someday you will reach deep and climb back up into the top 3 in our really weak conference.

What do I have to envy? Choke jobs in the NC game? No recent NC title? Players constantly getting arrested? Program getting investigated by DOJ, DOE, and NCAA? Fanbase as annoying and pathetic as your schtick?

No thanks. xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
You and your program are as irrelevant as Montana States "program".

Im done with you and I "probably" wont comment when we kick your *** again this fall like we do 98% of the time.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
You and your program are as irrelevant as Montana States "program".

Im done with you and I "probably" wont comment when we kick your *** again this fall like we do 98% of the time.

Apology accepted.

Seriously, I don't even wish any ill will toward you or UM. I actually kind of feel bad for your program. Kind of.

clenz
July 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM

Turns out...no they didn't. MSU found a way to lose to UNI off the field as well.

Sounds as though he has been at UNI with the team for a couple weeks now.

MSUBear42
July 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Turns out...no they didn't. MSU found a way to lose to UNI off the field as well.

Sounds as though he has been at UNI with the team for a couple weeks now.

That's a weird weird deal...

Kaiser enrolls at MSU for summer class. Attends for one week. Goes MIA. Ends up at UNI and has already enrolled in classes. I think you guys got a good one, though.

Missouri State also got transfer Ashton Glaser from Mizzou. He'll be a Junior. Was #21 QB in class of 2009. http://rivals.yahoo.com/michigan/football/recruiting/player-Ashton-Glaser-84514

BEAR
July 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
UCA picked up 4 more FBS transfers including:

Tevin Elliott DE from Baylor

I think he was heralded as one of the best in the nation coming into his freshman year. Let's see how he does this year...we need the help on defense.

lionsrking2
July 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM
UCA picked up 4 more FBS transfers including:

Tevin Elliott DE from Baylor

I think he was heralded as one of the best in the nation coming into his freshman year. Let's see how he does this year...we need the help on defense.

Hide your women.