PDA

View Full Version : CAA NBC-TV Schedule

bluehenbillk
June 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
NEW YORK - June 7, 2012 - NBC and NBC Sports Network will combine to televise 32 college football games during the 2012 season, beginning with a triple-header on Saturday, Sept. 8. The combined NBC and the NBC Sports Network 2012 college football schedule is comprised of Notre Dame home games; games from the Mountain West Conference, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the Ivy League; the annual Bayou Classic between Grambling State and Southern, which NBC has broadcast every year since 1991; and the Atlanta Football Classic, this year between Florida A&M and Southern, which NBC Sports Network has televised since 2008.

Highlights of the 2012 College Football schedule include:

NBC SPORTS GROUP COLLEGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (all times ET)

3:30 p.m. Sat., Sept. 8 Delaware State at Delaware NBC Sports Network

12:00 p.m. Sat., Sept. 15 William & Mary at Towson NBC Sports Network

1:00 p.m. Sat., Oct. 6 Towson at James Madison NBC Sports Network

12:00 p.m. Sat., Oct. 27 Delaware at Old Dominion NBC Sports Network
12:00 p.m. Sat., Nov. 3 Towson at Delaware NBC Sports Network

7:00 p.m. Sat., Nov. 17 Old Dominion at James Madison NBC Sports Network

DFW HOYA
June 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Three Towson games and not one for Villanova or Richmond? How soon they forget.

LakesBison
June 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
weird, villanova/richmond are top 10 fcs schools, wierd.

NHwildEcat
June 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM
They are going to broadcast the Delaware State game? Why would they do that? And since when did Towson become the national power deserving of 3 national games? Seems like NBC doesn't want to broadcast out of the mid-atlantic...sucky.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Note how the Bayou Classic has been shunted to the NBC Sports Network. THAT will make some people very, very unhappy methinks.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM
weird, villanova/richmond are top 10 fcs schools, wierd.

Not so weird when you think that Villanova's (Big East) and Richmond's (A-10) hoops programs get paid by CBS.

henfan
June 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Looks like NBCSports is sticking solely with 'core' CAA schools. No UR, VU, UNH, UM, URI, etc., which is too bad. Hopefully that will change in future years.

Mouse
June 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Note how the Bayou Classic has been shunted to the NBC Sports Network. THAT will make some people very, very unhappy methinks.

Bayou Classic still on NBC that might be a misprint

http://www.nbcuniversal.presscentre.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=10921&NewsAreaId=2

bluehenbillk
June 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I was told ahead of time Villanova would not be on any NBC games so I assume there is some conflict there.....

whitey
June 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Looks like NBCSports is sticking solely with 'core' CAA schools. No UR, VU, UNH, UM, URI, etc., which is too bad. Hopefully that will change in future years.

Yeah, I'm hoping that changes a bit too.

whitey
June 7th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm a little surprised about the Delaware State vs. Delaware game. Though, the deal was for 5 nationally broadcast games to start so it's pretty cool they added a 6th and think it's good they picked a HBCU/CAA game, and an in-state one to boot.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Important to note that NBCSN is not the only broadcast venue for these games. Delaware/Villanova will probably still be carried by Comcast Sports Philly, and it will be interesting to see what sort of internet broadcast situation these games will enjoy.

aceinthehole
June 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Where's MJ? :)

So what do you think the non-CAA football ADs are going to do now regarding CAA Football expansion? Are they going to keep bending over for UD, JMU, and Towson? We shall see ...

MR. CHICKEN
June 7th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I'm a little surprised about the Delaware State vs. Delaware game. Though, the deal was for 5 nationally broadcast games to start so it's pretty cool they added a 6th and think it's good they picked a HBCU/CAA game, and an in-state one to boot.

16528.....IT'S ON.....'CAUSE DUH ANNOUNCIN' TEAM...CAN BEAT TA DEAFF.....HOW YOU-DEE....WANTED NO PARTS O'...SAID HORNETS.......FO' LIKE.....EVERAH.....xnodx....AWK!

bluehenbillk
June 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM

I think you read it incorrectly. Grambling & Southern are still on regular NBC.

henfan
June 7th, 2012, 03:47 PM
So what do you think the non-CAA football ADs are going to do now regarding CAA Football expansion? Are they going to keep bending over for UD, JMU, and Towson? We shall see ...

In fairness, we don't know for sure that the exclusion of non-CAA members from the FB schedule was the doing of the AD's. This could have very well been at the specific request of NBC as part of their media deal with the CAA.

CAA FB has always gone of of their way to make sure games were fairly evenly distributed across all schools. That's why this was a bit of a surprise to me and leads me to believe that the slight was hardly intentional. I'd be certain that all schools will receive more equal treatment with the CAA's Comcast Sportsnet coverage.

The fact that ODU is on NBC twice is silly, however.xthumbsdownx

melloware13
June 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM

The first match-up (2007 First round) was bumped to Friday afternoon of T-day weekend and nationally televised by ESPN/ESPN2, so even if it isn't a competitive rivalry yet, it is a game of note and is easy to promote.

UNHFootballAlum
June 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
hard to believe that UNH which is a perenial playoff and FCS top 10 school who plays an exciting brand of football would be left off the schedule, even if it would be an away game.

GannonFan
June 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Are they away at UD, JMU, Towson, or ODU this year? The venues chosen also indicate perhaps a bias towards venues that would potentially look better on TV. With ODU leaving after this year that gets to be an even slimmer pool to pick from.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Highlights of the 2012 College Football schedule include:

NBC SPORTS GROUP COLLEGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (all times ET)

3:30 p.m. Sat., Sept. 8 Delaware State at Delaware NBC Sports Network

12:00 p.m. Sat., Sept. 15 William & Mary at Towson NBC Sports Network

1:00 p.m. Sat., Oct. 6 Towson at James Madison NBC Sports Network

12:00 p.m. Sat., Oct. 27 Delaware at Old Dominion NBC Sports Network
12:00 p.m. Sat., Nov. 3 Towson at Delaware NBC Sports Network

7:00 p.m. Sat., Nov. 17 Old Dominion at James Madison NBC Sports Network

I just had a thought. This is what the CAA conference schedule would look like if all the associate members jumped ship. xlolx

eaglewraith
June 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Interestingly enough, each game features playoff participants from last year save the Del St/UDel game.

For those who may be mad about it, there were only 5 games guaranteed to be broadcast nationally with the rest picked up by CSS regional programming. These are games that should be well attended and will probably figure into the playoff race. It makes sense all around.

whitey
June 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
The first match-up (2007 First round) was bumped to Friday afternoon of T-day weekend and nationally televised by ESPN/ESPN2, so even if it isn't a competitive rivalry yet, it is a game of note and is easy to promote.

Agreed. That's why I said I was only a little surprised. I thought for sure that all 5+ games would be CAA teams only.

spdram
June 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I just had a thought. This is what the CAA conference schedule would look like if all the associate members jumped ship. xlolx

Is the message don't think about joining as a football only member.

MplsBison
June 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Three Towson games and not one for Villanova or Richmond? How soon they forget.

NBC Sports VP of programming: "Hey! Get in here you prick! We gotta figure out the 5 games for the CAA"

NBC Sports Director of College football: "The what??"

"CAA... Colonial....Association ...of hot Asians!! Yeeeeeeah!!!!" *hips thrusting in air*

"Good lord man!!"

"Haha! Who cares? Yeah I guess we signed some contract. Boss needs 5 games to throw up on the satellite this season and he wants 'em emailed by noon!"

"Well....what do we know about the league?"

"Ummm....I think they play football?"

"Damnit, we don't know anything about this league - do we? Are they in the NCAA?"

"Yeah...One double A...oh 'scuse me, FCS."

"Well...hell I don't know. OK Delaware, that's a whole state! Throw them in there."

"Right! How about James Madison, William & Mary and Old Dominion? My god! These schools sound like Masonic Temples."

"Do it!"

"Wait...who won the league last year???"

"Of Course! .... Towson! Sounds good to me!! They probably won the whole thing."

"No doubt! We definitely want to get any teams from this league that have been to the playoffs."

"Done!! Let's go to lunch dude!"

heath
June 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM
xshakingmadx
NBC Sports VP of programming: "Hey! Get in here you prick! We gotta figure out the 5 games for the CAA"

NBC Sports Director of College football: "The what??"

"CAA... Colonial....Association ...of hot Asians!! Yeeeeeeah!!!!" *hips thrusting in air*

"Good lord man!!"

"Haha! Who cares? Yeah I guess we signed some contract. Boss needs 5 games to throw up on the satellite this season and he wants 'em emailed by noon!"

"Well....what do we know about the league?"

"Ummm....I think they play football?"

"Damnit, we don't know anything about this league - do we? Are they in the NCAA?"

"Yeah...One double A...oh 'scuse me, FCS."

"Well...hell I don't know. OK Delaware, that's a whole state! Throw them in there."

"Right! How about James Madison, William & Mary and Old Dominion? My god! These schools sound like Masonic Temples."

"Do it!"

"Wait...who won the league last year???"

"Of Course! .... Towson! Sounds good to me!! They probably won the whole thing."

"No doubt! We definitely want to get any teams from this league that have been to the playoffs."

"Done!! Let's go to lunch dude!"xshakingmadxxconfusedx

Dane96
June 8th, 2012, 07:10 AM

THIS!

bluehenbillk
June 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Interestingly enough, each game features playoff participants from last year save the Del St/UDel game.

For those who may be mad about it, there were only 5 games guaranteed to be broadcast nationally with the rest picked up by CSS regional programming. These are games that should be well attended and will probably figure into the playoff race. It makes sense all around.

Unfortunately UD did NOT make the playoffs last year. CSS is SoCon territory as well, it's CSN up here.

eaglewraith
June 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately UD did NOT make the playoffs last year. CSS is SoCon territory as well, it's CSN up here.

Yea, but the games you're in feature a playoff participant EXCEPT for the Del St/UDel game as I mentioned in my previous post.

As for the CSS mention, that's what I saw in the article discussing the contract and who would pick up regional programming. CSS/CSN are probably two sides of the same coin anyway.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Your witness. They guy who said I have no credibility. xlolx xlolx xlolx

ccd494
June 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
What a joke.

DSUrocks07
June 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM

Yeah it's definitely an easy game to sell to the masses. Great promotion for UD as well and should be an easy win for them. Hopefully we can make it somewhat of a competitive game.

MplsBison
June 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Your witness. They guy who said I have no credibility. xlolx xlolx xlolx

The "x lolx" doesn't work any more. Neither does the best one, "x coffeex". The nitwits who run this site apparently decided to get rid of "a couple" of the smilies, makes a huge difference I'm sure!

And I never said I had any credibility. Just that you don't for sure.

gotts
June 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
The "x lolx" doesn't work any more. Neither does the best one, "x coffeex". The nitwits who run this site apparently decided to get rid of "a couple" of the smilies, makes a huge difference I'm sure!

And I never said I had any credibility. Just that you don't for sure.

xlolx xcoffeex

Lehigh Football Nation
June 8th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Yes, the guy who said the vice-president of NBC was dry-humping to the word "hot Asians" is casting stones. xlolx

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com
http://www.college-sports-journal.com

MplsBison
June 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, the guy who said the vice-president of NBC was dry-humping to the word "hot Asians" is casting stones. xlolx

NBC sports - formally Versus - is a tiny division of NBC. The VP of the actual NBC would never hump the air.

Twit.

PS - you used the broken "x lolx" again. I can't even write it with the x's together, the forum still tries to interpret it as a smiley, but the nitwits who run this site decided to get rid of the picture animation.

UNHFootballAlum
June 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Away at ODU & JMU this year

Tribal
June 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Who wants to bet that NBC contacted CAA FB and said, "Excuse us but we just heard that you said ODU would be ineligible for the CAA championship. Um, we plan to televise a couple of ODU's games so we're going to have to strongly encourage you to reconsider. Oh, you think something can be worked out? Sure, I'll hold.......ODU is now eligible? That's a smart move...thanks so much."

fatmonarch
June 9th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Who wants to bet that NBC contacted CAA FB and said, "Excuse us but we just heard that you said ODU would be ineligible for the CAA championship. Um, we plan to televise a couple of ODU's games so we're going to have to strongly encourage you to reconsider. Oh, you think something can be worked out? Sure, I'll hold.......ODU is now eligible? That's a smart move...thanks so much."

I'll believe that when ODU becomes eligible in all sports. I doubt this was the case though.