PDA

View Full Version : What does your team have retruning?

katstrapper
June 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
With the preseason polls starting to be released, I have been curious what do other teams/your team return? Most everyone knows that SHSU returns 19 of 22 starters with all the key players back. So, lets hear what other teams have coming back.....

BisonHype!
June 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I am not sure on the exact number, but we return most of the team on both sides of the ball, and alot of our defense. I know we aren't returning 19 of 22 like SHSU. I will do some checking, or some other Bison fan, please feel free to beat me to the punch.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
With the preseason polls starting to be released, I have been curious what do other teams/your team return? Most everyone knows that SHSU returns 19 of 22 starters with all the key players back. So, lets hear what other teams have coming back.....

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/a/1746.jpg

Travis Beck will be back. You remember him, don't you?

BisonHype!
June 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM

(Insert Truck Load of Salt in Wound Here......)

darell1976
June 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.fightingsioux.com/fls/13500/pdf/2011-12/2012_Spring%20Football%20Prospectus.pdf
UND has 16 starters returning:

»OFFENSIVE STARTERS RETURNING (9)
QB Joey Bradley, OL Darren DeNeui, WR Greg Hardin, OL Joe
Kleason, OL Emmett Lynch, WR R.J. McGill, OL Ian McGurran,
RB Jake Miller, TE Seth Wisthoff

»DEFENSIVE STARTERS RETURNING (5)
LB Damon Andrews, DL Devin Benjamin, DL Ross Brenneman,
DB Daryl Brown, DL Jay Nelson

»SPECIAL TEAMS STARTERS RETURNING (2)
PK Zeb Miller, P Brett Cameron

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM

Oh, just having a bit of fun. No harm intended. :)

Seriously though, even though studs like Holloway and McNorton are gone, there is still a metric **** ton of talent coming back, including Mr. "Discount Double Check" himself, Brock Jensen.

Professor Chaos
June 7th, 2012, 09:54 AM
We got a heckuva lineup coming back. And we also signed Jack Parkman in the offseason. His little shimmy drives the women here in Fargo crazy.

In seriousness NDSU returns 15 starters (7 on offense, 8 on defense) but does lose some very key contributors, especially at WR, OL, and LB. It'll be a different team this year but not necessarily a worse team. The backups on defense played a lot last year. The question marks will be how the WR corps and offensive line fills in.

Sam_Kats
June 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Play of the game, for sure. Hoping for the rematch in Frisco!!

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
We got a heckuva lineup coming back. And we also signed Jack Parkman in the offseason. His little shimmy drives the women here in Fargo crazy.

In seriousness NDSU returns 15 starters (7 on offense, 8 on defense) but does lose some very key contributors, especially at WR, OL, and LB. It'll be a different team this year but not necessarily a worse team. The backups on defense played a lot last year. The question marks will be how the WR corps and offensive line fills in.

Jack Parkman?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8eJ47FYSwG4/TYZWEKkbOFI/AAAAAAAAAto/IN16CicUYic/s1600/2%2Bdavid%2Bkeith%2Bas%2Bjack%2Bparkman.jpg

God, Major League II was a ****ty movie.

darell1976
June 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Jack Parkman?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8eJ47FYSwG4/TYZWEKkbOFI/AAAAAAAAAto/IN16CicUYic/s1600/2%2Bdavid%2Bkeith%2Bas%2Bjack%2Bparkman.jpg

Totally agree. It pissed me off it was filmed in Baltimore...only because Jacob's Field (now Progressive Field) was just getting built.

melloware13
June 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
14/23 Starters Back

Offense (4):
QB Tim Donnelly, OT Brandon Heath, RB Andrew Pierce, WR Nihja White

Defense (9):
CB Marcus Burley, SS Tim Breaker, LB Patrick Callaway, DE Ethan Clark, CB Travis Hawkins, DT Irv Titre, FS Ricky Tunstall, DT Laith Wallschleger, LB Paul Worrilow

Special Teams (2):
K Sean Baner, P Rauley Zaragoza

It's a bit worrying losing 80% of the O-line, good thing the first test of the depth is DII West Chester

Professor Chaos
June 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Jack Parkman?

Totally agree. It pissed me off it was filmed in Baltimore...only because Jacob's Field (now Progressive Field) was just getting built.
Oh, you two are so incredibly wrong. Major League II was a great movie. Bob Ueker's performance alone makes it great.

oceandogs
June 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Saw this over on the Championshipsubdivision.com forums

http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/fcsspring2.htm

darell1976
June 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Oh, you two are so incredibly wrong. Major League II was a great movie. Bob Ueker alone makes it great.

I give you that one. I was glad they gave him more lines...he still does play by play for the Brewers. But no Wesley Snipes, Roger Dorn didn't really play. It wasn't the same, plus Charlie Sheen's storyline was kinda boring. The first one was the best...they should have stopped after that one.

Apphole
June 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.playattherock.com/cmsimg/satt4.jpg

PaladinFan
June 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Does he play offensive line?

Silenoz
June 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Nobody, don't worry about us. New coaches, free win, 0-11, etc. xthumbsupx

blueballs
June 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
For GSU it looks like they lost 2 starting OL & starting QB on offense, so 8 starters return.

On defense they lost both starting CB's, and one starter each at DE and DT, so 7 starters return.

Special teams got hit hard at GSU. They lost the P, PK, LS, and RS. Ouch!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
June 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
EWU:

On offense we lost LT Gabe Jackson, C Chris Powers, QB Bo Levi, and little used TE David Miles (4 catches for 43 yards in 2011). We replace BLM with Kyle Padron, so a (likely) net gain there. Also have lots of young talented TEs better than Miles, so gain there. So effectively (IMO) 2 starters lost on offense, but they are key in C and LT. Luckily we have lots of depth on the OL because of all the injuries last year.

On defense we lost DT Renard Williams, DT Charles Moetului, CB Alden Gibbs, and SS Matt Johnson. We replace Renard with UW transfer DT Andru Pulu, who is as good if not better (he had to sit out last year because of academic transfer rules, and will have 2 years remaining to play). Moetului was essentially a career backup/rotational player, so not a big loss. We have some RS freshman and true freshman BEEF stepping in. Biggest loss will be Matt Johnson for sure. Net loss 2 starters. Strength will be DL and LB, weaker in secondary.

On special teams we return our All-Conference punter who was a RS freshman last year. Lose K Mike Jarrett, who was average at best, IMO. Outside of 30-35 yards, he was 50/50 it seemed. Whoever steps up (3 or 4 way competition right now) should be as good if not better. Net loss 0 starters.

apaladin
June 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Furman ONLY lost most of the OL. Just about all the receiving corp, except TE, a key running back and the nations leading QB. On defense just a couple of A-A's and a few other key players. The Paladins should be just fine. xbangxxdontknowxxbawlingxxsmhxxchinscratchxxthumbs upx

McNeese72
June 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Nobody, don't worry about us. New coaches, free win, 0-11, etc. xthumbsupx

Wat? Wait! That's my line. All except for just a few new coaches not all new.

Doc

HailSzczur
June 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
We have all our gatorade coolers back this year. We're down one kicking tee from last year though, thats a real big hole to fill.

Sader87
June 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
We'll be lucky to get a first down next year.....

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
We'll be lucky to get a first down next year.....

Chin up. I was at this game. Probably one of the most exciting things I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Ao7Zcz10g

AmsterBison
June 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Play of the game, for sure. Hoping for the rematch in Frisco!!

Sam Houston's D looked incredibly good. Only flaw I saw (or thought I saw) was that the offensive skill guys just didn't look very strong at getting yards after contact but, of course, making contact on them is not that easy.

darell1976
June 7th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Chin up. I was at this game. Probably one of the most exciting things I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Ao7Zcz10g

A lot of UND fans cheered for Holy Cross in that game...then Holy Cross got crushed by UND the next night.:D

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2012, 10:04 PM
A lot of UND fans cheered for Holy Cross in that game...then Holy Cross got crushed by UND the next night.:D

The whole game I was saying "I really hope Holy Cross gives them a good game and rattles Briggs a ton so he's off his game tomorrow". Even when it went into OT, I was pretty pumped. I said to my wife "He's done, the Sioux will cruise tomorrow". When that OT goal went in all I could think about was "God Damnit, now I have to haul my *** back up here to watch UND/HC" Not what I had in mind when I bought $120 worth of tickets for the weekend.

Eaglesrus
June 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM
For GSU it looks like they lost 2 starting OL & starting QB on offense, so 8 starters return.

On defense they lost both starting CB's, and one starter each at DE and DT, so 7 starters return.

Special teams got hit hard at GSU. They lost the P, PK, LS, and RS. Ouch!!!

At least the loss of the DE is mitigated by the return of a former starter that missed last season due to injury. Are you referring to Tinsley as the lost DT? If so, he didn't start that much in '11, did he? Even if that's true it does hurt depth-wise, of course. And what can I say about special teams except that I sure hope we have some diamonds in the rough that will show up.

mgbison
June 8th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Sam's gonna be good again. Although, I question their passing game. I thought their QB looked terrible in the NC game. He didn't look very accurate, and didn't like getting hit much. Its only 1 game, so maybe he didn't play well that day, but I thought he was their biggest weakness in Frisco.

katstrapper
June 8th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Yep that play sealed the deal, but also remember watching Flanders leaving him grabbing for air on a play just before the half....

katstrapper
June 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Sam Houston's D looked incredibly good. Only flaw I saw (or thought I saw) was that the offensive skill guys just didn't look very strong at getting yards after contact but, of course, making contact on them is not that easy.

Then you didnt see the play Sincere had in Montana St game .....

NoDak 4 Ever
June 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Yep that play sealed the deal, but also remember watching Flanders leaving him grabbing for air on a play just before the half....

In a game where there are two teams evenly matched, it only takes one or two breakout plays. The Bison had one on offense (backscreen to McNorton), defense (Beck interception), and special teams (Voightlander fake). SHSU didn't. That's why it went the way it did.

If it's any consolation, I was as surprised as anyone. I thought I was going to have a long, lonely drive back to Ohio.

katstrapper
June 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Sam's gonna be good again. Although, I question their passing game. I thought their QB looked terrible in the NC game. He didn't look very accurate, and didn't like getting hit much. Its only 1 game, so maybe he didn't play well that day, but I thought he was their biggest weakness in Frisco.

Bell completed around 60% of his passes on the season and ranked top 10 nationally in passing efficiency, but he didnt make good decisions in the NC game. Bison defense had a lot to do with that. With all the focus on the running game last year, its overlooked that he had a fairly productive season throwing the ball....

143 of 243 2069 yds, 20tds 7 ints

Look for the Kat O to be a little more open this season with the new OC. Bell can throw the ball with efficiency and accuracy. He was a top notch high school QB in high school in a spread passing attack.. One other note, Kats were lacking in the wide receiver department as well.

katstrapper
June 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
In a game where there are two teams evenly matched, it only takes one or two breakout plays. The Bison had one on offense (backscreen to McNorton), defense (Beck interception), and special teams (Voightlander fake). SHSU didn't. That's why it went the way it did.

If it's any consolation, I was as surprised as anyone. I thought I was going to have a long, lonely drive back to Ohio.

you know, I have watched my recording of the game over and over just to see what was going on. I came up with some general conclusions..

1. Bison defense had to play an almost perfect, error free game . THEY DID! They were pretty much right where they needed to be on most plays. There were a handful of plays that Kat O could have taken to the house for TDs, but didnt because of last minute shoe tackles, missed reads on the option, etc.... Bison did their job.

2. Coach Bohl made a gutsy call with the fake punt on the first series of second half. Kats seemed to be turning the table at the end of the first half with back to back scoring drives and had just made a stop on first series of second half. That was a major turning point in the game because the Kats had been a second half team all year.

3. Game could have gone either way. Kat D played lights out as well. What suprised me was at the end of the day, Kat O ended up having more offensive yards than NDSU (not by much), but the scoreboard is what counts.

It was a classic defensive battle between two very evenly matched teams.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
you know, I have watched my recording of the game over and over just to see what was going on. I came up with some general conclusions..

1. Bison defense had to play an almost perfect, error free game . THEY DID! They were pretty much right where they needed to be on most plays. There were a handful of plays that Kat O could have taken to the house for TDs, but didnt because of last minute shoe tackles, missed reads on the option, etc.... Bison did their job.

2. Coach Bohl made a gutsy call with the fake punt on the first series of second half. Kats seemed to be turning the table at the end of the first half with back to back scoring drives and had just made a stop on first series of second half. That was a major turning point in the game because the Kats had been a second half team all year.

3. Game could have gone either way. Kat D played lights out as well. What suprised me was at the end of the day, Kat O ended up having more offensive yards than NDSU (not by much), but the scoreboard is what counts.

It was a classic defensive battle between two very evenly matched teams.

I'm pretty sure we're agreeing here. As I said, it requires one or two plays being made. The Voightlander fake set up the McNorton screen, but McNorton still had to run 39 yds to paydirt. The second touchdown was kind of a gimme after Beck returned it to the 1.

katstrapper
June 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure we're agreeing here. As I said, it requires one or two plays being made. The Voightlander fake set up the McNorton screen, but McNorton still had to run 39 yds to paydirt. The second touchdown was kind of a gimme after Beck returned it to the 1.

If the NDSU punter hadnt been a former running back, I dont think the fake would have been called. But, if a pig had wings it could fly... good call.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM
If the NDSU punter hadnt been a former running back, I dont think the fake would have been called. But, if a pig had wings it could fly... good call.

With that coverage, at 39 years old and 50 lbs overweight, I could have run for the 1st down. The fact that he was a former running back justified better, not worse coverage.

SFA 93
June 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Lumberjacks return 16 of 22

Offense (10 of 11)

QB:#8 Brady Attaway 6-1 215 Jr. Cmp:299;Att:495;PCT:60.4;YDS:3,181;TD:27;INT:22 (Honorable Mention All-SLC)

RB:#11 Jeremy Barnes 5-11 190 Sr. R:97;YDS:489;AVG:5.0;TD:1/REC:15;YDS:157;TD:0 (Honorable Mention All-SLC)

WR:#80 Cordell Roberson 6-3 215 Sr. REC:63;YDS:794;AVG:13.0;TD:9 (All-American 2X First Team All-SLC)

WR:#3 Kris Lott 6-1 200 Jr. REC:31;YDS:362;AVG:12.0;TD:2

WR:#17 Gralyn Crawford 5-11 185 Sr. REC:72;YDS:780;AVG:11.0;TD:7 (2X All-American 2X First Team All-SLC)

WR:#83 Marquis Mosley 6-4 200 So. REC:42;YDS:356;AVG:8.5;TD:2

OL: Gone
OL:#60 Austin Wright 6-2 315 Sr. GS:24 (Honorable Mention All-SLC)
OL:#63 John Steel 6-5 295 Sr. GS:35 (2X All-SLC)
OL:#65 Greg Hall 6-3 325 Jr. GS:15
OL:#70 Andrew Ratliff 6-5 320 So. GS:8

Defense (6 of 11)

DE:Gone but replaced with #5 Willie Jefferson 6-6 234 Sr. TKL:29;TFL:15.0;SCK:15.0;FF:1;FR:1;INT:2;PBU:5 (All-American First Team All-SLC (SLC Newcomer of the Year)

DT: #94 Corey Hill 6-0 320 Jr. TKL:20;TFL:5.0;SCK:1.0;FF:0;FR:0;INT:0;PBU:0;QBH:1

DT: #51 Malcolm Mattox 6-1 265 Jr. TKL:35;TFL:11.0;SCK:7.0;FF:1;FR:0;INT:0;PBU:2;QBH: 1 (2nd Team All-SLC) )
DE: Gone

LB: Gone

LB: #47 Ryan Epperson 6-0 227 Sr. TKL:113;TFL:6.0;SCK:3.0;FF:2;FR:0;INT:1;PBU:2 (Second-Team All-SLC)

LB: Gone

CB: Gone

S:#32 Caleb Nelson 5-11 195 Jr. TKL:55;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:0;INT:1;PBU:6 (2X Honorable Mention All-SLC)

S:#38 Jordan Aubrey 5-10 193 Jr. TKL:97;TFL:5.0;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:1;INT:1;PBU:3 (Honorable Mention All-SLC)

CB:#37 Josh Aubrey 5-11 202 Sr. TKL:55;TFL:4.5;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:1;INT:1;PBU:7 (3X All-SLC)

K/P: #42 Jordan Wiggs 5-9 195 So. FGS:17-24;PATS:36-38;PTS:87