PDA

View Full Version : A deadline has passed

TheRevSFA
June 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM
June 1st was the deadline. Now if schools move, they can't be eligible for FBS until 2014.

Which effectively means the WAC is screwed for 2013.

Cocky
June 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
According to some the window maybe open for at least another year. I have no idea who is right.

WH49er
June 5th, 2012, 11:17 AM
According to some the window maybe open for at least another year. I have no idea who is right.

If it does close, prepare for an Appy State meltdown of epic proportions....

Apphole
June 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM

I believe this has already happened.

/Like you aren't on our boards trolling every other day.... xrolleyesx

ASUMountaineer
June 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM

I commend you for going out on a limb...

BisonHype!
June 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
R.I.P. WAC...xsalutex

WH49er
June 5th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I believe this has already happened.

/Like you aren't on our boards trolling every other day.... xrolleyesx

Meh I've gotta better things to do than worry about the Teacher's College. Like the conference basketball schedule was just released:

Home: Dayton, Fordham, LaSalle, UMass, St. Joe's, Temple, Xavier, VCU
Away: Duquesne, George Washington, Rhode Island, Richmond, St. Bona, St. Louis, Temple

Tough slate before heading to CUSA in 2013.

Also, what boards do you speak of? You have a blog and something that looks like it was created for a Commodore 64.

Apphole
June 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Meh I've gotta better things to do than worry about the Teacher's College. Like the conference basketball schedule was just released:

Away: Duquesne, George Washington, Rhode Island, Richmond, St. Bona, St. Louis, Temple

Also, what boards do you speak of? You have a blog and something that looks like it was created for a Commodore 64.

Nevermind then. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that the same App-obsessed trolls on AGS were the same lowlifes that spend more time on Appfan than I do. Guess that's how your whole fan base rolls. All 12 of them.

That's a great schedule. Maybe you can win more than 8 games this year.

This is where I would post links to the handful of different App forums and post our awesome 2012 football schedule. I'm on my phone today. Google it yourself.

AshevilleApp2
June 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Will you give us a money game in football in 2014? Please?

91Niner
June 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Nevermind then. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that the same App-obsessed trolls on AGS were the same lowlifes that spend more time on Appfan than I do. Guess that's how your whole fan base rolls. All 12 of them.

That's a great schedule. Maybe you can win more than 8 games this year.

This is where I would post links to the handful of different App forums and post our awesome 2012 football schedule. I'm on my phone today. Google it yourself.

Says the guy that seems to live on message boards 24/7. As for winning "more than 8 games this year", you must be confusing Charlotte with App State on that. We've won more than 8 games every season since 1986 I believe.

BTW, what is App's average attendance in sports not called football? Can you do a side-by-side attendance comparison between App and Charlotte in EVERY SPORT that we both play? That would be interesting.

The Cats
June 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
..... I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that the same App-obsessed trolls on AGS were the same lowlifes that spend more time on Appfan than I do. Guess that's how your whole fan base rolls.....

That sounds just like something the WCU fans fed-up with you (DrGonzo) and your buddies that troll the Catamount Pride Board would say about ASU fans.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Seeing Apphole say that about 49er fans is pretty comical.

Apphole
June 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Seeing Apphole say that about 49er fans is pretty comical.

I very rarely comment on other school's boards, breaking the rule only when App is playing that team. I have never commented on a UNCC board. I encourage you to visit Appfan and read comment after comment from the handful of Cee trolls that ceaselessly frequent the site. They average about 10 a day if there's a recent conference realignment post up. Pathetic and completely uncalled for.

phoenix3
June 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I very rarely comment on other school's boards, breaking the rule only when App is playing that team. I have never commented on a UNCC board. I encourage you to visit Appfan and read comment after comment from the handful of Cee trolls that ceaselessly frequent the site. They average about 10 a day if there's a recent conference realignment post up. Pathetic and completely uncalled for.

... says one of the more vocal of the, "SoCon sucks, we're too good for FCS, the Sun Belt sucks, the MAC is worse than half the FCS conferences, CUSA or bust, and on, and on, and on...", crowd. LMAO. You deserve every verbal enema you get. Crybaby.

Apphole
June 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
... says one of the more vocal of the, "SoCon sucks, we're too good for FCS, the Sun Belt sucks, the MAC is worse than half the FCS conferences, CUSA or bust, and on, and on, and on...", crowd. LMAO. You deserve every verbal enema you get. Crybaby.

Unsubstantiated BS. I want SB and I have for a while, the MAC better than any FCS conference and yes, most App and GaSo fans agree that life in the SmallCon for a larger public school with a good sports following blows. If you stop putting words in my mouth I'll stop putting my jock in your wife's ;)

Who's crying? I'm just pointing out a common trend amoung a hopelessly ignorant group of UNCC "fans."

Nothing you say in a conversation about App is credible. You're just too damn bitter

phoenix3
June 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Unsubstantiated BS. I want SB and I have for a while. If you stop putting words in my mouth I'll stop putting my jock in your wife's ;)

Yeah, a while after you were punked by the CUSA. Better get your husband's "jock" out of your backside before you try to put yours somewhere. xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Apphole
June 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, a while after you were punked by the CUSA. Better get your husband's "jock" out of your backside before you try to put yours somewhere. xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Husband!?! Don't you know gays can't get married in NC? xlolx

Your train of thought is all over the place. Take your meds.

91Niner
June 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Apphole, you really are a funny man. Do you actually believe the garbage you post about Charlotte? xcrazyx

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM

You trolled the CUSA boards right after we accepted an invite, not a big difference there.

As for Charlotte posters on Appfan, are you sure those aren't some of your own fanbase trying to get under your skin? Your fanbase is pretty much divided right and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did to rile you and other posters up.

Once again you make assumptions without any real facts.

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 08:32 AM
BTW, what is App's average attendance in sports not called football? Can you do a side-by-side attendance comparison between App and Charlotte in EVERY SPORT that we both play? That would be interesting.

I've already done that for him and he ignored the post completely. He avoids facts.

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Will you give us a money game in football in 2014? Please?

You may want to speak to your awesome AD Charlie Cobb. He can pull off anything.........oh wait.

cbarrier90
June 6th, 2012, 08:34 AM

If attendance meant anything relative to team performance, Wofford would be terrible at football. I would rather put the actual team performances beside each other, as that's actual on-the-court stuff that matters.

Then again, this was directed at Apphole who loves this type of stuff so I will sit back and xpopcornx as every FCS school in the state rips him simultaneously...

AshevilleApp2
June 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
You may want to speak to your awesome AD Charlie Cobb. He can pull off anything.........oh wait.

Charlie ain't God. But since ya'll are our new big brothers, it would seem only fair that you'd invite us into that beautiful new stadium of yours for our beat down. Thanks in advance. xthumbsupx

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Charlie ain't God. But since ya'll are our new big brothers, it would seem only fair that you'd invite us into that beautiful new stadium of yours for our beat down. Thanks in advance. xthumbsupx

I would venture to say it will be quite sometime before we play App. Just a guess.

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
You trolled the CUSA boards right after we accepted an invite, not a big difference there.

As for Charlotte posters on Appfan, are you sure those aren't some of your own fanbase trying to get under your skin? Your fanbase is pretty much divided right and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did to rile you and other posters up.

Once again you make assumptions without any real facts.

My presence on the CCBBS CUSA board is pretty comparable to your presence here.... Not to mention I at least attempted rational discussion which is more than I can say for you fellas.

And reading daily troll posts on Appfan by names like "49ers" and "Charlotte 49ers" is making an assumption? Interesting, the working of UNCC minds. I guess that's what happens when you accept just about anybody.

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Then again, this was directed at Apphole who loves this type of stuff so I will sit back and xpopcornx as every FCS school in the state rips him simultaneously...

If hey keep lobbing them up, I'll just keep...
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images//visual/whatshot/Stanton052512.gif

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
My presence on the CCBBS CUSA board is pretty comparable to your presence here.... Not to mention I at least attempted rational discussion which is more than I can say for you fellas.

And reading daily troll posts on Appfan by names like "49ers" and "Charlotte 49ers" is making an assumption? Interesting, the working of UNCC minds. I guess that's what happens when you accept just about anybody.

Except we are playing in FCS for 2 years and you aren't playing in CUSA, so there is really no comparsion there.

You never attempted a rational discussion with any 49ers fan because any statements you make include some backhanded put down (see above). ****, you have few rational discussions with your own fanbase.

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Its like you live in an alternate reality......I don't think I've ever read a post of yours ANYWHERE that (if there is a mention of Charlotte) that you don't take a lame/total BS shot of some sort at Charlotte (ie; either athletics, academics, or "environment").

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Says:

You never attempted a rational discussion with any 49ers fan because any statements you make include some backhanded put down (see above). ****, you have few rational discussions with your own fanbase.

Starts thread with

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM
It was statement, no slight to your school, no insult, and there is a great bit of truth to it.

As I've stated before, if I were an App fan I'd be irate. You've watched Marshall and ECU take it to the next level and now Charlotte, ODU, and Georgia State are going. All schools that App considers in it's peer group.

Do you think support will stay the same if App stays in the SoCon and all of the other schools listed are playing FBS? Fans will become disengaged.

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
It was statement, no slight to your school, no insult, and there is a great bit of truth to it.

As I've stated before, if I were an App fan I'd be irate. You've watched Marshall and ECU take it to the next level and now Charlotte, ODU, and Georgia State are going. All schools that App considers in it's peer group.

Do you think support will stay the same if App stays in the SoCon and all of the other schools listed are playing FBS? Fans will become disengaged.

No I don't. I expect support to steadily drop until we finally get into an FBS conference. This has been a very frustrating realignment period. Luckily though, we have the best home schedule in a decade this year, so interest will be just fine and hopefully buy Cobb some more time to get the ****ing deal done before we really see and impact.

cbarrier90
June 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
As I've stated before, if I were an App fan I'd be irate.

As a UNCC fan, you'd love nothing more than App fans to be irate and grab torches and pitchforks and storm the stadium. Are we disappointed? Frustrated? Yes. Irate? No.

On the message boards, we've preached disengagement, but people have been showing up to the games throughout this entire process. The SoCon still provides a fantastic rivalry with Georgia Southern, but if they were to leave, then I would begin to worry. The same can be said for their fans if App leaves.

The C-USA rejection stings, but it was clear they were interested solely in market rather than the program itself. Though this deadline has passed, I don't think we've seen the end of the "armageddon" of college sports, especially if the ACC decides to start moving.

ASUMountaineer
June 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Are you saying that AppHole deserves "every verbal enema" he gets, or is that directed at many ASU fans? If many, that seems to be a major waste of soap and water.

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Are you saying that AppHole deserves "every verbal enema" he gets, or is that directed at many ASU fans? If many, that seems to be a major waste of soap and water.

The guy gets venomous whenever there's a chance to cast ASU, a single ASU fan or ASU fans a whole in a negative light. Also, I thought there was a water/vinegar mix in an enema? Maybe I'm getting it confused with douches.

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
The guy gets venomous whenever there's a chance to cast ASU, a single ASU fan or ASU fans a whole in a negative light. Also, I thought there was a water/vinegar mix in an enema? Maybe I'm getting it confused with douches.

OH, so he is pretty much just like you except substitute Charlotte for ASU in this statement.

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
As a UNCC fan, you'd love nothing more than App fans to be irate and grab torches and pitchforks and storm the stadium. Are we disappointed? Frustrated? Yes. Irate? No.

On the message boards, we've preached disengagement, but people have been showing up to the games throughout this entire process. The SoCon still provides a fantastic rivalry with Georgia Southern, but if they were to leave, then I would begin to worry. The same can be said for their fans if App leaves.

The C-USA rejection stings, but it was clear they were interested solely in market rather than the program itself. Though this deadline has passed, I don't think we've seen the end of the "armageddon" of college sports, especially if the ACC decides to start moving.

No, as someone who hates the ACC I would like to see App succeed. I don't think CUSA will ever take App but between App, Charlotte, ECU, ODU, and Marshall we could put a large dent in the ACC's market.

If Clemson and FSU move the ACC is destine to poach more teams from the BE. If this does happen, I could see the end of BE football with the remaining members headed back to CUSA or the MWC.

ASUMountaineer
June 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Good question, I'm not well-versed in the areas of constipation relief and female cleansing.

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Good question, I'm not well-versed in the areas of constipation relief and female cleansing.

I started a thread about the former. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?107855-Constipation-remedy&highlight=

We'll have to ask chattown about the logistics of douching. "Know thyself"

FormerPokeCenter
June 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM
if I were an App fan I'd be irate. You've watched Marshall and ECU take it to the next level and now Charlotte, ODU, and Georgia State are going. All schools that App considers in it's peer group.

Do you have any idea how low App would have to sink to consider Charlotte and Georgia State as peers?

C'mon. Get a grip...

Holy Delusions of Grandeur, Batman!

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Do you have any idea how low App would have to sink to consider Charlotte and Georgia State as peers?

C'mon. Get a grip...

Holy Delusions of Grandeur, Batman!

App, a peer to Charlotte? hahaha!!! I mean, come on-----Charlotte has always been superior to App (especially in athletics----every sport not called football). Why would we want to be associated with you guys, especially now that even our brand new team will be playing in a higher division than your one and only sport with any real national success? Clearly, Charlotte would be moving down in order to associate with App.

49RFootballNow
June 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
App, a peer to Charlotte? hahaha!!! I mean, come on-----Charlotte has always been superior to App (especially in athletics----every sport not called football). Why would we want to be associated with you guys, especially now that even our brand new team will be playing in a higher division than your one and only sport with any real national success? Clearly, Charlotte would be moving down in order to associate with App.

He's not an App St fan, but he plays one on TV.

cbarrier90
June 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM
App, a peer to Charlotte? hahaha!!! I mean, come on-----Charlotte has always been superior to App (especially in athletics----every sport not called football).

And I'm sure you loved watching Dayton, the A-10s lone regional representative get slaughtered 28-12 by TCU last week...

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM

I see you've ignored our NCAA baseball success this year, the most recent ASU/UNCC basketball game and the "My Team: McNeese State" under pokecenter's name.

asumike83
June 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM
If Clemson and FSU move the ACC is destine to poach more teams from the BE. If this does happen, I could see the end of BE football with the remaining members headed back to CUSA or the MWC.

I'd be surprised if that happened. I think it would be more likely that the Big East would just poach C-USA, C-USA would poach the Sun Belt/WAC/MAC and then the SBC/WAC/MAC would either merge or see one or more of those leagues go under (if the WAC is even still around then).

WH49er
June 6th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I'd be surprised if that happened. I think it would be more likely that the Big East would just poach C-USA, C-USA would poach the Sun Belt/WAC/MAC and then the SBC/WAC/MAC would either merge or see one or more of those leagues go under (if the WAC is even still around then).

The Big East has no interest in ECU, So Miss, and Marshall. Who are they going pluck? Charlotte and ODU? I just don't it see happening.

The so called "Big 4" (SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, and Big 12) are getting exactly they what they want.....a larger gap between them and everyone else.

I also think the 10 year move up ban will be implemented as it would give the other conferences few opportunities to expand.

I remember playing this game before.....it's called Monopoly.

PaladinFan
June 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I can understand, to some degree, all of this handwringing. Frankly, it has no appeal to me. Perhaps I would feel differently if I attended another university. Where we are in college football with these big behemoths full of semi-pro players tearing the sport apart is just unteneable. They eat at the table, and throw scraps on the floor where every other little brother climbs over one another to try and get a tiny piece.

Give me FCS football any day of the week. Teams that have been playing one another for 100 years. Schools where the fan base actually attended the university. People that enjoy the game, not the spectacle. I say leave the rest to the birds.

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I see you've ignored our NCAA baseball success this year, the most recent ASU/UNCC basketball game and the "My Team: McNeese State" under pokecenter's name.

Oh no, I haven't. I also know it was App's first appearance in a quarter century and first victories in 39 years. Charlotte has had multiple bids and tourney wins over just the last decade including doing exactly the same thing (3 or 4 years ago) that you guys just did in your one GREAT season. Sorry, I'm not really impressed by a "flash in the pan" season such as yours. What else you got?

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
He's not an App St fan, but he plays one on TV.

No, he may not be, but he was acting very "AppHoleish" in that post.

Apphole
June 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Oh no, I haven't. I also know if what App's first appearance in a quarter century and first victories in 39 years. Charlotte has had multiple bids and tourney wins over just the last decade including doing exactly the same thing (3 or 4 years ago) that you guys just did in year one GREAT season. Sorry, I'm not really impressed by a "flash in the pan" season such as yours. What else you got?

2 all-american wrestlers, our usual impressive Track/CC showing nationally, 21 of the last 20 SoCon all-sports championships. I could go on but I'm weary of more dick measuring. It's been a long day.

Are you really belittling our baseball accomplishments while you compete in a piss poor baseball league and STILL haven't made a regional recently? Flash in the pan? You mean like your 1970's basketball team? Give it a rest, troll.

So he was challenging the typical delusions of grandeur you Cee fans **** and shat all over every forum unfortunate enough to host you? I'm sure he's damn proud of it too.

asumike83
June 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Oh no, I haven't. I also know it was App's first appearance in a quarter century and first victories in 39 years. Charlotte has had multiple bids and tourney wins over just the last decade including doing exactly the same thing (3 or 4 years ago) that you guys just did in year one GREAT season. Sorry, I'm not really impressed by a "flash in the pan" season such as yours. What else you got?

I have no interest in a pissing match but as far as App baseball goes, our program has been steadily increasing since we got Coach Pollard and as long as we can hang onto him, we'll have continued success. We finally turned the corner this year but it's been a gradual improvement. He came on in 2005 coming off a 10-win season and 8 straight losing campaigns. Went from 10 wins to 24 wins then a string of five straight 30-win seasons from 2007-2011 before this year. Unless we are crippled by MLB Draft deflections (which seems unlikely for mid to late round picks), we will return a very strong nucleus in 2013.

So far, we've had two juniors drafted, two seniors drafted and a pitcher named Freshman All-American this year, which shows that this great season was built on several years of strong recruiting and coaching.There is a different caliber player signing to play for ASU than there were in years past and we have another very strong class coming in. ASU should be consistently contending in a strong baseball conference for the foreseeable future.

FormerPokeCenter
June 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM

I'm merely pointing out what ANY disinterested third party can plainly see....Take off your 49er colored glasses and the truth with be glaringly obvious...

That was a rhetorical suggestion. I know you're not gonna do that. If you took off the 49er colored glasses, looked at the world objectively, then used any semblance of introspection to examine yourself, objectively, you'd be forced to dial the Suicide Hotline immediately ;)

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm merely pointing out what ANY disinterested third party can plainly see....Take off your 49er colored glasses and the truth with be glaringly obvious...

That was a rhetorical suggestion. I know you're not gonna do that. If you took off the 49er colored glasses, looked at the world objectively, then used any semblance of introspection to examine yourself, objectively, you'd be forced to dial the Suicide Hotline immediately ;)

Pot meet kettle......App State or McNeese, you are clueless if you really believe this.

Charlotte has had national top 25 rankings in every sport we play during the last decade with the possible exception of volleyball and softball, as well as post-seasons tourneys and wins in all of those. App or McNeese, no way.

FormerPokeCenter
June 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Pot meet kettle......App State or McNeese, you are clueless if you really believe this.

Charlotte has had national top 25 rankings in every sport we play during the last decade with the possible exception of volleyball and softball, as well as post-seasons tourneys and wins in all of those. App or McNeese, no way.

And with all that, you still need the validation that ONLY football can provide.... ;)

You can try to paint yourselves as being an upper echelon athletic school, but the fact remains that you're a commuter school who once had some minor relevance in the lesser sports and you're looking for Football to help you repackage yourselves into something more palatable than a second rate second choice commuter school of last resort for scholastically average freshmen, and a school of convenience for married housewives and working folks ;)

There's no way you can spin it into anything other than a vainglorious overreaching attempt at social climbing...You, Texas State, USL and Georgia State are simply cookie cutter versions of each other with slight geographic variations on a theme ;)

You'd get the respect you crave if you'd simply embrace it and own it ;)

Yet, you can't admit that

ThompsonThe
June 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM

You unc-concord 69er fans are real sports people, mentioning softball and volleyball. Is that sand volleyball? Ow, you don't have that do you. How about your chess team, how are they doing?

Who in God's green earth would want to be going to UNCC? By the time you get a football team going, and playing in the CUSA, ECU and So Miss will be long gone. What do we call it then? The Mickey Mouse Conference? You 49er fans are so far out of it you're ridiculous. You have never done anything in football, and you will never do anything in football except have losing seasons each and every year.

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 06:05 PM
You unc-concord 69er fans are real sports people, mentioning softball and volleyball. Is that sand volleyball? Ow, you don't have that do you. How about your chess team, how are they doing?

Who in God's green earth would want to be going to UNCC? By the time you get a football team going, and playing in the CUSA, ECU and So Miss will be long gone. What do we call it then? The Mickey Mouse Conference? You 49er fans are so far out of it you're ridiculous. You have never done anything in football, and you will never do anything in football except have losing seasons each and every year.

Wow Thompson, I didn't think App posters could get any dumber. Was I wrong, or what? Too much stupidity to even address item by item.

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
And with all that, you still need the validation that ONLY football can provide.... ;)

You can try to paint yourselves as being an upper echelon athletic school, but the fact remains that you're a commuter school who once had some minor relevance in the lesser sports and you're looking for Football to help you repackage yourselves into something more palatable than a second rate second choice commuter school of last resort for scholastically average freshmen, and a school of convenience for married housewives and working folks ;)

There's no way you can spin it into anything other than a vainglorious overreaching attempt at social climbing...You, Texas State, USL and Georgia State are simply cookie cutter versions of each other with slight geographic variations on a theme ;)

You'd get the respect you crave if you'd simply embrace it and own it ;)

Yet, you can't admit that

I never tried to "paint us" as anything other than better overall in athletics (all sports) than App since someone claimed the opposite was true. Anyone outside of App State can do the comparison and see that is an absolute fact (if they actually want to know). The fact that a couple App fans and some redneck from MAC'Neese State pretend otherwise is irrelevant.

FormerPokeCenter
June 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I never tried to "paint us" as anything other than better overall in athletics (all sports) than App since someone claimed the opposite was true. Anyone outside of App State can do the comparison and see that is an absolute fact (if they actually want to know). The fact that a couple App fans and some redneck from MAC'Neese State pretend otherwise is irrelevant.

Thank you for pronouncing it correctly...you MIGHT not be as dumb as you look, though I'll admit the chances are two-fold: Slim & None....

asumike83
June 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I am very happy with the current state of Appalachian athletics. Olympic sports (track and field, wrestling) had excellent seasons, the necessary changes were made to get our football program back on track and our baseball program seems to have turned the corner as well. I know I have beaten this into the ground but I am so happy about our baseball program that it was probably the highlight of the sports year for me. Baseball and football are my favorite sports and if ASU can give me a winner in those two departments, I will always be happy.

Would I like our basketball to improve? Absolutely, but it takes a distant third to football and baseball for me. I think growing up in NC and having ACC basketball shoved down my throat by the Raleigh and Charlotte media for as long as I can remember has just soured me to college hoops a little bit. All the Wal-Mart fans of UNC, Duke and NCSU drive me out of my mind. Of course, I root for the Apps and try to get to games whenever possible but it just does not get me fired up like the outdoor sports.

cbarrier90
June 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I never tried to "paint us" as anything other than better overall in athletics (all sports) than App since someone claimed the opposite was true. Anyone outside of App State can do the comparison and see that is an absolute fact (if they actually want to know).

In 2008, the last time your team scheduled my team in your "signature" sport, your team lost. Comical, because as you and your fellow friends have pointed out on this board many, many times, no one comes to ASU basketball games because our basketball program isn't very good at all.

You failed to address a great point made by FPC. Yet, with this awesome athletic superiority over ASU, UNCC students campaigned admirably for YEARS to get a football program.

It's great to have pride in what sports your school currently sponsors, but to completely ignore that there was a huge void in the school's athletic department that is just now being filled after years and years of lobbying is ignorant at best. Judy Rose, you, and I all know football is the straw that stirs the drink. You just throw it completely out of the equation for the sake of swinging the argument in your favor. Come 2013 and beyond, maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about.

WH is a very good poster, 49R when he's not trolling is a quality poster, but you, like Chattown before you, are just bitter. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

91Niner
June 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
In 2008, the last time your team scheduled my team in your "signature" sport, your team lost. Comical, because as you and your fellow friends have pointed out on this board many, many times, no one comes to ASU basketball games because our basketball program isn't very good at all.

You failed to address a great point made by FPC. Yet, with this awesome athletic superiority over ASU, UNCC students campaigned admirably for YEARS to get a football program.

It's great to have pride in what sports your school currently sponsors, but to completely ignore that there was a huge void in the school's athletic department that is just now being filled after years and years of lobbying is ignorant at best. Judy Rose, you, and I all know football is the straw that stirs the drink. You just throw it completely out of the equation for the sake of swinging the argument in your favor. Come 2013 and beyond, maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about.

WH is a very good poster, 49R when he's not trolling is a quality poster, but you, like Chattown before you, are just bitter. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Me, bitter.....thats rich. If you only knew how wrong you are.....As for your comments, where have I "ignored" football? You guys are all the same, you make crap up or you simply have no reading comprehension skills at all. When someone claims App is superior to Charlotte (and clearly meaning in all around athletics) when that is so far from reality it is comical I will respond if I do desire. Clearly App has a superior football history to Charlotte. Congrats, we haven't played it in 60 years. I give you that, but App posters can't seem to admit that in every sport that we both compete, Charlotte has the superior HISTORY. Does that guarantee that we always will? No, it does not===but for App fans to claim one nice baseball season, SoCon "excellence" and a victory in our "last basketball" matchup (what 5-6 years ago, when we lead the series handily) somehow means more than Charlotte's national rankings, league titles in almost every sport we play vs. schools like Cincy, Xavier, Louisville, Memphis, Marquette, Va. Tech, ECU, So. Miss, UMass, Temple, etc. over the years and at-large NCAA bids/victories in baseball, golf (8 straight years), m & w basketball, m & w soccer, final fours in basketball, soccer (2), golf, etc. is laughable at best. Thats not trolling, that is stating facts.

asumike83
June 6th, 2012, 09:12 PM
at-large NCAA bids/victories in baseball, golf, basketball, soccer, final fours in basketball, soccer (2), golf

Soccer, golf and hoops? Yes. You have struggled on the hardwood since joining the A10 but there is no questioning that you have a much stronger history in basketball. App winning the last game does not change that one bit.

Baseball, not quite so much. In the history of both baseball programs, Appalachian has 2 at-large NCAA appearances, 3 total. UNCC has 1 at-large appearance, 5 total. The others were after winning conference tournaments in the Metro and A10 (3). Overall NCAA record is 3-10 for UNCC, 4-8 for ASU. If we are looking at postseason performance for the history of each program, it is a push. You have made more appearances but have also played in a weaker conference with the exception of your time in CUSA, which resulted in 1 at-large bid.

Overall program records are also very close: 1,101-1,057 (ASU) and 996-843 (Charlotte).

We struggled mightily under our last coach and have just now turned the corner under Pollard but in the overall history of both baseball programs, there is very little disparity.

91Niner
June 7th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Soccer, golf and hoops? Yes. You have struggled on the hardwood since joining the A10 but there is no questioning that you have a much stronger history in basketball. App winning the last game does not change that one bit.

Baseball, not quite so much. In the history of both baseball programs, Appalachian has 2 at-large NCAA appearances, 3 total. UNCC has 1 at-large appearance, 5 total. The others were after winning conference tournaments in the Metro and A10 (3). Overall NCAA record is 3-10 for UNCC, 4-8 for ASU. If we are looking at postseason performance for the history of each program, it is a push. You have made more appearances but have also played in a weaker conference with the exception of your time in CUSA, which resulted in 1 at-large bid.

Overall program records are also very close: 1,101-1,057 (ASU) and 996-843 (Charlotte).

We struggled mightily under our last coach and have just now turned the corner under Pollard but in the overall history of both baseball programs, there is very little disparity.

Now that is a very reasonable post. Thanks Mike. While, I don't totally agree with the idea that we are eqauls in baseball......(as all of our bids, NCAA wins and national rankings have come in recent seasons, while App has 1 appearance in 25 years)........it is certainly not a HUGE disparity IN BASEBALL.

Hooner49
June 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't really call us a baseball school. The A10 is a horrible baseball league and any program that has an above average team has a great shot at making the NCAA tourney via A10 tourney. I'm interested to see how we'll fare in C-USA. I'm hoping for the best but expecting a let down.

WH49er
June 7th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I think alot of the Apps have let a few Charlotte posters distort their view of the fanbase in general. I think you would be hard pressed to find a Charlotte fan that won't admit that football drives the boat (that's why we joined) and one that thinks we will come out of the gate in FBS and be in the top tier of CUSA. For someone to say in the long run we have no chance of being successful is naive and ignorant. As a school we have already started to see the positive effects of football and I only expect those to increase in the next year as all of this becomes tangible.

WH49er
June 7th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't really call us a baseball school. The A10 is a horrible baseball league and any program that has an above average team has a great shot at making the NCAA tourney via A10 tourney. I'm interested to see how we'll fair in C-USA. I'm hoping for the best but expecting a let down.

Greater competition will be there but I also expect our recruiting to reflect that. Hopefully we can parlay our new conference affiliation with the success of the past few years into something that will take us to the next level.

TheRevSFA
June 7th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Now that is a very reasonable post. Thanks Mike. While, I don't totally agree with the idea that we are eqauls in baseball......(as all of our bids, NCAA wins and national rankings have come in recent seasons, while App has 1 appearance in 25 years)........it is certainly not a HUGE disparity IN BASEBALL.

Mike is the most reasonable of the App fans. That's why he wins awards.

ASUMountaineer
June 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Mike is the most reasonable of the App fans. That's why he wins awards.

You're dead to me.

ASUMountaineer
June 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM

I thought the post that set you off was someone referring to ASU and UNCC as peers. That certainly doesn't indicate ASU athletic superiority. Personally, I don't really consider ASU and UNCC as peers, maybe it's because of the lack of football (for now) or maybe it's because the two schools don't compete on the field/court often.

I live just outside of Charlotte and work uptown, and know quite a few UNCC alums. Most of the UNCC people I come across are reasonable people that support their alma mater (one good buddy is stoked for football and already owns a FSL)--similar to WH49er. However, none of the UNCC alums I see on a regular basis are as affectionate towards ASU as you. I think I speak for most of us ASU fans when I thank you for constantly thinking about Appalachian.

TheRevSFA
June 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
You're dead to me.

:(

FormerPokeCenter
June 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
As a school we have already started to see the positive effects of football and I only expect those to increase in the next year as all of this becomes tangible.

This is illustrative of the disconnect. Niner fans admit that nothing is tangible at this point, but that doesn't stop the collective delusional thinking required to assume that - withouth having played a game yet - you're going to be successful and that your program will be on even footing with App and ODU.....

But, to be fair, Georgia State, USL, Texas State and a handful of other programs suffer from the same mass delusion....

ODU's done it right. Now THERE's a program with a bona-fide athletic history rich in success who quietly went about building a football team and having nice results from jumpstreet....

Apphole
June 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
This is illustrative of the disconnect. Niner fans admit that nothing is tangible at this point, but that doesn't stop the collective delusional thinking required to assume that - withouth having played a game yet - you're going to be successful and that your program will be on even footing with App and ODU.....

But, to be fair, Georgia State, USL, Texas State and a handful of other programs suffer from the same mass delusion....

ODU's done it right. Now THERE's a program with a bona-fide athletic history rich in success who quietly went about building a football team and having nice results from jumpstreet....

Are you familiar with the great UNCC Rival's Star flub of 2012? It's one of the most comical publicity stunts I've ever heard of. It was a desperate attempt to placate an ignorant fan base, one that would put a lot of stock into rivals stars because A) they don't know any better and B) this is a fan base that is very insecure and needs constant validation to feel worthy of their own self-conceptions.

Anyway, the day before signing day, there were a couple of 3-star recruits committed to UNCC, a hand full of 1 and 2 stars and of course countless un-starred athletes. Not bad at all for a start up program for sure. In the hours following the signing ceremony, EVERY SINGLE UNCC signee magically had 3 stars on Rivals all of the sudden, most of whom had 0 stars just hours before they were officially 49ers.

It didn't stop there. Some of the AGS UNCC fans, even the ones that most view to be relatively reasonable, were on here chest beating about their star-studded class. True ignorance at it's most pure and yet another testament to the fascinating psychology that is UNCC "fanship."

WH49er
June 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM

Once again your womanly tendencies show up again as you attempt to distort what others have to say. If I wanted that bull****, I'd go talk to the girlfriend so cut the crap.

Where did I say it was going to successful from the beginning? You make assumptions and infer that I speak these words. I said it was ignorant and naive to think it doesn't have a chance to be successful overall. It does have that possibility whether your diluted thought process allows you to see that or not. Further down I state we have already seen the positive effects (i.e increased donations) but won't see the full outcome until the product is on the field, which is where the word tangible comes in. You can take my opinion with a grain salt, I won't lose any sleep.

FormerPokeCenter
June 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Once again your womanly tendencies show up again as you attempt to distort what others have to say. If I wanted that bull****, I'd go talk to the girlfriend so cut the crap.

Where did I say it was going to successful from the beginning? You make assumptions and infer that I speak these words. I said it was ignorant and naive to think it doesn't have a chance to be successful overall. It does have that possibility whether your diluted thought process allows you to see that or not. Further down I state we have already seen the positive effects (i.e increased donations) but won't see the full outcome until the product is on the field, which is where the word tangible comes in. You can take my opinion with a grain salt, I won't lose any sleep.

Clearly, the University of Chapel Hill @ Charlotte needs to implement a remedial reading course, because - for some reason - you insist on interpreting phrases like "Collective Delusional Thinking" as though I was speaking specifically about YOU.

Have you ever heard the word Narcissist used to describe yourself? If not, I'm betting that it's simply because it's difficult for your to hear, what with your head shoved as far up your *** as it appears to be.

Congrats on the contortional body control. Where you a 49er gymnast, perhaps?

91Niner
June 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I thought the post that set you off was someone referring to ASU and UNCC as peers. That certainly doesn't indicate ASU athletic superiority. Personally, I don't really consider ASU and UNCC as peers, maybe it's because of the lack of football (for now) or maybe it's because the two schools don't compete on the field/court often.

I live just outside of Charlotte and work uptown, and know quite a few UNCC alums. Most of the UNCC people I come across are reasonable people that support their alma mater (one good buddy is stoked for football and already owns a FSL)--similar to WH49er. However, none of the UNCC alums I see on a regular basis are as affectionate towards ASU as you. I think I speak for most of us ASU fans when I thank you for constantly thinking about Appalachian.

You might want to re-read this thread, but I wasn't "set-off" at all. However, the first thing I responded to was FPC's post stating in no uncertain terms that Charlotte was so far beneath ASU that it was not a "peer" at all and mocking Charlotte in a very derogatory manner. The irony is, I agree that we are not a peer, we simply disagree as to who is above who in terms of overall athletic programs........"constantly thinking about Appalachian"----I'll give you credit, thats funny right there.

91Niner
June 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Clearly, the University of Chapel Hill @ Charlotte needs to implement a remedial reading course, because - for some reason - you insist on interpreting phrases like "Collective Delusional Thinking" as though I was speaking specifically about YOU.

Have you ever heard the word Narcissist used to describe yourself? If not, I'm betting that it's simply because it's difficult for your to hear, what with your head shoved as far up your *** as it appears to be.

Well, WHERE you?........baaahaha

FormerPokeCenter
June 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM

LOL......I hate it when I get hoisted on my petard ;)

Apphole
June 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Grasping for typos now. Sign #43 that he's been rhetorically bested.

ASUMountaineer
June 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
You might want to re-read this thread, but I wasn't "set-off" at all. However, the first thing I responded to was FPC's post stating in no uncertain terms that Charlotte was so far beneath ASU that it was not a "peer" at all and mocking Charlotte in a very derogatory manner. The irony is, I agree that we are not a peer, we simply disagree as to who is above who in terms of overall athletic programs........"constantly thinking about Appalachian"----I'll give you credit, thats funny right there.

Just a few points, 91:

1) You cam across as having been "set-off," or at best made upset. So, if I need to re-read, you should as well.

2) You also go out of your way to mock ASU in a very derogatory manner. Look, I have nothing against UNCC, I wish your team well. I hope ASU and UNCC eventually become conference mates, but if not that's OK.

3) Performance of overall athletic programs is not the driver in which teams are moving up and moving on, it's real estate. Do you disagree?

4) This is another example of you seeming "set-off." When I said that I don't consider ASU and UNCC peers, it was not to put one above the other, but to point out that we're not exactly comparable. That is not a derogatory statement, or one that should cause you to get defensive or offended. That was certainly not my intent.

5) Your constant thinking about Appalachian was made with a slight attempt at humor, but you clearly love to post about Appalachian. So, it was more of an observation. I would say the reverse to AppHole, that it's cute how he constantly thinks of UNCC. :D But, I'm sure you'll disagree with that too...just because.

WH49er
June 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM

These cute responses you always have give me a little chuckle.

Attempted humor, insult, attempted psychological analysis, and ending with an insult.

Same superficial blather, different day. xsmileyclapx

91Niner
June 7th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Just a few points, 91:

1) You cam across as having been "set-off," or at best made upset. So, if I need to re-read, you should as well.

2) You also go out of your way to mock ASU in a very derogatory manner. Look, I have nothing against UNCC, I wish your team well. I hope ASU and UNCC eventually become conference mates, but if not that's OK.

3) Performance of overall athletic programs is not the driver in which teams are moving up and moving on, it's real estate. Do you disagree?

4) This is another example of you seeming "set-off." When I said that I don't consider ASU and UNCC peers, it was not to put one above the other, but to point out that we're not exactly comparable. That is not a derogatory statement, or one that should cause you to get defensive or offended. That was certainly not my intent.

5) Your constant thinking about Appalachian was made with a slight attempt at humor, but you clearly love to post about Appalachian. So, it was more of an observation. I would say the reverse to AppHole, that it's cute how he constantly thinks of UNCC. :D But, I'm sure you'll disagree with that too...just because.

C'mon. Get a grip...

Holy Delusions of Grandeur, Batman! - Former Poke Center

Apphole
June 7th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I would say the reverse to AppHole, that it's cute how he constantly thinks of UNCC. :D But, I'm sure you'll disagree with that too...just because.

It is my prerogative to put these peons in their place.

FormerPokeCenter
June 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Same superficial blather, different day. xsmileyclapx

I'm merely keeping the conversation at a level to which you can contribute meaningfully...

It's important to know one's audience ;)

danefan
June 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
So I don't really want to dig through this pissing match.....but did anyone actually figure out whether the deadline has really passed?

AshevilleApp2
June 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
So I don't really want to dig through this pissing match.....but did anyone actually figure out whether the deadline has really passed?

Deadline? xconfusedx

91Niner
June 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM

Would that be in FBS?

ASUMountaineer
June 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Just a few points, 91:

C'mon. Get a grip...

Holy Delusions of Grandeur, Batman! - Former Poke Center

Yeah, I think FPC is poking you guys...for his own enjoyment. Whenever there's a GSU or UNCC poster, have no fear FPC is there! :D

xpeacex

ASUMountaineer
June 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM

Easy BB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAlZFX1Rvw

asumike83
June 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM

As for the WAC, I believe their conference meetings are in the next week or so. The deadline to declare for 2013 was June 1 but I'd imagine they will ask for some sort of waiver if they have a plan in place that would allow the WAC to play football in 2013. Honestly, I see no way the WAC plays football in 2013 but who knows. Really puts Idaho/NMSU in a tough spot, as I'm not sure how they could possibly remain FBS and fill out a schedule.

Apphole
June 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Would that be in FBS?

Beneath the boot heal of Yosef, the Mountaineer. xcoffeex

Apphole
June 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Easy BB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAlZFX1Rvw

I prefer this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIOH8Trfas4

91Niner
June 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Beneath the boot heal of Yosef, the Mountaineer. xcoffeex

oooh......scary

Redbirdz
June 7th, 2012, 04:22 PM
WAC deadline has not passed, they are requesting an extension.