PDA

View Full Version : ETSU President talks to Bucs Football & Friends Foundation

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
June 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Dr. Noland was the guest of honor at the Bucs Football & Friends Foundation golf tournament recently.

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2012/jun/02/etsu-president-talks-bucs-football-foundation-ar-1960067/

This could prove promising.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Dr. Noland was the guest of honor at the Bucs Football & Friends Foundation golf tournament recently.

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2012/jun/02/etsu-president-talks-bucs-football-foundation-ar-1960067/

This could prove promising.

Indeed. Thanks for throwing it up here.

The Cats
June 3rd, 2012, 05:02 AM
Good Luck.

chattanoogamocs
June 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
There is nothing I would like to see more than for ETSU to bring back football and rejoin the SoCon.

mocman1990
June 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
There is nothing I would like to see more than for ETSU to bring back football and rejoin the SoCon.

Amen Brother. I hate those guys...which is why I miss them so much. :)

The Cats
June 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM

That would be good. I don't understand the hesitation about restarting the program.

dgtw
June 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
That would be good. I don't understand the hesitation about restarting the program.

$$$$$$

Mr. C
June 4th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Pretty non-commital response from the new president, but at least they've gotten Paul Stanton out of there as president.

chattanoogamocs
June 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Pretty non-commital response from the new president, but at least they've gotten Paul Stanton out of there as president.

It would definitely be a long and expensive journey if they ever get it back.

But at least the guy is showing up for their events....that is step one.

MplsBison
June 4th, 2012, 10:53 AM
The mini-dome isn't viable and I would have to think their first priority would be to get basketball out of the place and into a new 4-5k arena.

Probably the best they could do in the mid term would be to add 10k seats to the soccer stadium and play football there.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
June 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The mini-dome isn't viable and I would have to think their first priority would be to get basketball out of the place and into a new 4-5k arena.

Probably the best they could do in the mid term would be to add 10k seats to the soccer stadium and play football there.

That's what I said a few months ago when I offered up the possibility playing football at Summers-Taylor. I really think it's doable. I believe Noland can make it happen, the question is will Dave Mullins (ETSU AD) get onboard or take a hike.

MplsBison
June 4th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Well, Southern Illinois built a 12k stadium from scratch, which included a video board, a structure for press box (maybe club level?), several concessions/restroom buildings and then 12k of aluminum, high school stands style seats for 20 something million.

So if you just wanted to get 10k seats out at the soccer field, I have to think it could get done for less than 10 million. But eventually (and soon rather than later) you're going to want something nicer than just seats. Concessions make money and people gotta use the bathroom. There's probably even code regarding how many bathrooms per capacity there has to be.

Then you start throwing in things like video boards, at least a press box, but if you want to compete with the top then you need a club area, club seating, suites, etc. All that stuff generates a lot of money if you have the support for people to buy it (usually local businesses).