PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Launches Investigation of Montana FB program

Lehigh Football Nation
June 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/31132590/detail.html

NBC Montana has confirmed that a third investigation has been launched at the University of Montana.

This time, the university’s football program is under investigation for alleged but unspecified violations.

It is just the latest development for the university, which is already under separate investigations by the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Justice Department over allegations of how the school handled sex assault allegations involving students.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association has refused to confirm or deny whether it had launched an investigation.

But, after a specific request to the Montana Board of Regents Wednesday, university leaders decided to “make public the fact an investigation is under way.”

Also:

http://www.nbcmontana.com/download/2012/0530/31132632.pdf

Important on this document is the date on top of it - Jan. 30th. The NCAA will be reporting back to Montana about the status of the investigation in six-month intervals - which means that they will be getting an update, possibly, on July 30th, or right before practice for the upcoming season is about to begin.

xsmhx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Also seems like one of the things that had Engstrom up in arms and proceeded to take steps to get rid of O'Day & Pjlu.

nwFL Griz
June 2nd, 2012, 11:12 AM
That would place the start of the investigation before the whole JJ thing, right?

eaglesrthe1
June 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Every time I read something about the goings on at Montana, I keep thinking back to the sanctimonious attitude that was exhibited by the UM AD during Tweet-gate. Karma is truly a bitch.

BEAR
June 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
C'mon Montana....quit acting like teams in the SEC. xrolleyesx

darell1976
June 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hopefully Montana doesn't end up like SMU of the FCS. I wish them the best in this trying time in the school's program.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Every time I read something about the goings on at Montana, I keep thinking back to the sanctimonious attitude that was exhibited by the UM AD during Tweet-gate. Karma is truly a bitch.

Me too (a little bit) because I thought it was a total bull**** call but when you really think about it he didn't make that call on his own either. He was the guy out front that had to make it but it didn't come from just him.

As far as outward appearances goes though, it's tough to not look and think about it.

RichH2
June 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
The appearance of impropriety just as damaging as its existence. Reminds me a bit of the GCBs that I grew up with. Sanctimonious hypocrisy.

SeattleGriz
June 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
C'mon Montana....quit acting like teams in the SEC. xrolleyesx

Although you know the NCAA will put Montana through the ringer, unlike the SEC teams.

Still love how the NCAA tried to ban EWU from post season play a couple of years ago when they stated they had too many full time coaches. If you don't remember, EWU had some guys that were used to help out during the summer and that was it, but apparently the NCAA considers any coaching, for any length as a full time coach.