PDA

View Full Version : Former RMU Quarterback Finds Hope After Leg Amputation

aceinthehole
May 30th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Camdin Crouse said he remembers every minute of it—lying in the bed of a pick-up truck with the bone in his left leg piercing through his skin.

Crouse, a 2010 Robert Morris University graduate and the Colonials' former quarterback, had been on a fishing trip with a friend near his native Snow Shoe, PA. The two were heading back home along the region's rail-to-trails paths, when it began to rain.

"I remember everything," he said. "It started raining and it started to get a little dark and it started to get a little slick on the trails."

Crouse's four-wheeler struck a downed tree limb, causing him to loose control of the vehicle.

In the weeks following that accident, Crouse, a graduate assistant quarterback coach for the Colonials and former starter on the team, would lose his left leg, undergoing more than 20 surgeries to save his life.

"I didn't feel anything at first," Crouse said. "My friend came running up to me, and I looked, and my leg was open. It was a compound fracture."

Now Crouse, 24, says his goal is to return to RMU's sidelines this fall and use his disability to inspire his student athletes.
http://moon.patch.com/articles/former-rmu-quarterback-finds-hope-after-leg-amputation