PDA

View Full Version : Northern Arizona Picks Up Army QB

TexasTerror
June 21st, 2006, 06:57 AM
Best of luck to Hargis, who transferred to Northern Arizona. It'll be interesting to see what kind of impact he can make for the 'Jacks...where's dbackjon and all those Northern Arizona I-AAers to explain the QB situation in Arizona?

Pete Hargis transfers to Northern Arizona
By: ArmySports.com Staff
Date: Jun 20, 2006

Quarterback Pete Hargis wrestled with several questions when he left the Army football team this spring. Would he play again? Would another school be interested? How would he market himself? "It was tough," Hargis says.

Instead of feeling sorry for himself, Hargis began working the phones, calling coaches. He sent out films, went on interviews and has landed a full athletic scholarship to play at Northern Arizona.

"I'm excited to be playing," Hargis said. "Especially after the period I went through when I wasn't sure what was going on. I didn't know if I was going to end up at a community college or what."

Because Northern Arizona is a Division I-AA school Hargis won't have to sit out a year. He expects to serve as senior starter Jason Murrietta's back-up. Northern Arizona, which went 3-8 last year, runs a shotgun offense. However, Hargis, a freshman, said Northern Arizona coach Jerome Sauers may mix in some option to suit him. Hargis' ability to run the scheme intrigued so many Army fans and gave him a shot at competing for the starting job with David Pevoto during spring drills. Hargis served as the scout quarterback for Army's games against rivals Air Force and Navy last year.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=541241

dbackjon
June 21st, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hargis will be the back up, as stated - the job is Murrietta, and there is no reason at this point to think that there is competition for the job.

Hargis will have two years after this, so plenty of time to start.

MR. CHICKEN
June 21st, 2006, 07:49 PM
HARGIS ...GO....AWOL?..............................AFLAC!

paytonlives
June 22nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
Hargis will be the back up, as stated - the job is Murrietta, and there is no reason at this point to think that there is competition for the job.

Hargis will have two years after this, so plenty of time to start.

Is NAU running thre option in 2008?

blukeys
June 22nd, 2006, 07:59 PM
Is NAU running thre option in 2008?

Navy runs the option. Army was a passing team last year.

Mr. C
June 23rd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Chase Laws, another transfer from Army in 2005, is the backup to Trey Elder at Appalachian State. Laws had a strong spring for the Mountaineers.