PDA

View Full Version : Gophers vs. SDSU in 2015

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Minnesota Gophers 2015 schedule released. You would think they would have learned by now to stay away from those Dakota teams. xlolx I can just hear Dan Barreiro on KFAN playing the "Touchdown Jackrabbits" Sounder for a good solid month prior to that game.

Sept. 5 - South Dakota State
Sept. 12 - at Colorado State
Sept. 19 - TBA
Sept. 26 - Ohio
Oct. 3 - Nebraska
Oct. 10 - at Northwestern
Oct. 17 - at Michigan
Oct. 24 - Iowa
Oct. 31 - Ohio State
Nov. 7 - at Purdue
Nov. 21 - Wisconsin
Nov. 28 - at Michigan State
Dec. 5 - Big Ten Championship Game

JSUBison
May 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Minnesota Gophers 2015 schedule released. You would think they would have learned by now to stay away from those Dakota teams. xlolx I can just hear Dan Barreiro on KFAN playing the "Touchdown Jackrabbits" Sounder for a good solid month prior to that game.

Sept. 19 - TBA
Sept. 26 - Ohio
Oct. 3 - Nebraska
Oct. 17 - at Michigan
Oct. 24 - Iowa
Oct. 31 - Ohio State
Nov. 7 - at Purdue
Nov. 21 - Wisconsin

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/UltraMegaOK1988/takei.gif

Professor Chaos
May 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
Classic article from the 2009 matchup written by Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune about "The Drive" that set up the Gophers game winning FG the last time these two teams matched up: In annals of ineptitude, U's 'Drive' will stand test of time (http://www.startribune.com/featuredColumns/70119137.html)

First-and-10: Running back Duane Bennett took a handoff and writhed, sprinted, fought and twisted his way back to the line of scrimmage.

Second-and-10: Gray, bamboozling the Jackrabbits' undersized-yet-less-than-speedy defense, took a direct snap and slammed himself forward, driving the pile for a 3-yard gain.

Here's where Coach Brew took charge. He called a timeout with 2:31 remaining, then sent his offense onto the field well-prepared for the biggest play of the game.

The Gophers lined up ... looked confused ... and Brewster called another timeout, shrewdly stopping the clock again with 2:31 remaining.

The Drive had started in the shadows of the west goalpost at historic TCF Bank Stadium. Now, as dusk threatened to fall and the gloaming loomed, the Gophers had moved 3 yards closer to the west goalpost at historic TCF Bank Stadium, and Elway's legacy was in danger.

Given two timeouts to steel himself and finish his chemistry homework, quarterback Adam Weber dropped back, escaped the rush and lofted a high pass to the back of the end zone. You almost expected Dwight Clark to appear from nowhere and make "The Catch."

Instead, Weber threw high, giving us "The Incompletion."

Having guided the offense on a three-play, 3-yard drive that will live in infamy in Jackrabbits annals, Brewster and Fisch displayed mercy, and pulled their innovative, high-flying offense off the field.

You've heard of the "No huddle offense?" Fisch has invented the "No-offense huddle."

Man I miss Basement Brew.... "Get that chili hot boys! Get that dad-gum chili hot!"

Go Bison
May 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
The Jacks will win this one because Thomas O'Brien is no longer their QB.

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thats funny. His work on TV is great (sarcasm). It is always funny to see coach's like Brewster get asked questions on how they would call a certain play, then refering to his stellar coaching job at U of M. Same thing with Rambus on ESPN talking about coaching players. LOL

Go Bison
May 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM

Sept. 19 - TBA
Sept. 26 - Ohio
Oct. 3 - Nebraska
Oct. 17 - at Michigan
Oct. 24 - Iowa
Oct. 31 - Ohio State
Nov. 7 - at Purdue
Nov. 21 - Wisconsin

Ha Ha Ha Ha. I talked with someone that said in the early 1960s the Gophers were going to the Rose Bowl. He decided to pass on it saying he will go next time. He is still waiting.

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha. I talked with someone that said in the early 1960s the Gophers were going to the Rose Bowl. He decided to pass on it saying he will go next time. He is still waiting.

And possibly running out of time. That is funny that they even have that on their schedule. I mean, its even a stretch to put the Undetermined Bowl Game on the schedule... let alone put the Big Ten Championship Game on there.

darell1976
May 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM

Sept. 19 - TBA
Sept. 26 - Ohio
Oct. 3 - Nebraska
Oct. 17 - at Michigan
Oct. 24 - Iowa
Oct. 31 - Ohio State
Nov. 7 - at Purdue
Nov. 21 - Wisconsin

SDSU is still looking for their first FBS win...no better opponent like the Gophers to get that done, just look what the Coyotes did.

Go Bison
May 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
And possibly running out of time. That is funny that they even have that on their schedule. I mean, its even a stretch to put the Undetermined Bowl Game on the schedule... let alone put the Big Ten Championship Game on there.

I believe last year all but two Big Ten teams went to a Bowl Game. Everyone expected Minnesota and Indiana.

Go Bison
May 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
SDSU is still looking for their first FBS win...no better opponent like the Gophers to get that done, just look what the Coyotes did.

UND is still looking for their first FBS win. When they play Minnesota...oh wait...never mind.

darell1976
May 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
UND is still looking for their first FBS win. When they play Minnesota...oh wait...never mind.

Thats why we need that nickname thing done and over with. Of course I think if SDSU wins there we be no way they schedule UND...they don't want to lose to us in two sports.

Go Bison
May 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Thats why we need that nickname thing done and over with. Of course I think if SDSU wins there we be no way they schedule UND...they don't want to lose to us in two sports.

If I were Minnesota I would just schedule MAC teams for the out of conference schedule. However, being from ND it sure is fun to beat them!

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I would fear SDSU before UND at this point.

darell1976
May 22nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
If I were Minnesota I would just schedule MAC teams for the out of conference schedule. However, being from ND it sure is fun to beat them!

I thought getting beat by USD and NDSU (twice) would keep them from not only scheduling FCS teams but Dakota teams alltogether.

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
I thought getting beat by USD and NDSU (twice) would keep them from not only scheduling FCS teams but Dakota teams alltogether.

Yea, but they need the non-conference home games, and can't complain when they get an extra 20,000 + fans to buy tickets... Whether they get beat or not, it becomes a money thing.

darell1976
May 22nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Yea, but they need the non-conference home games, and can't complain when they get an extra 20,000 + fans to buy tickets... Whether they get beat or not, it becomes a money thing.

If they scheduled NDSU again I think the ratio of Bison fans to Gopher fans would be lopsided...and not in Minnesota's favor.

frozennorth
May 22nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
games against dakota schools see ticket prices $40 higher than the new mexico states of the world. thats 2 million in game revenue, aka a big deal

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
yea, its a popular ticket. Plus like frozen said, you can see ticket prices go up. How many New Mexico state fans are going to travel to see their team play Minnesota. Lucky if they get a couple hundred to travel. These Dakota matchup's whether Gopher fans admit to it or not sparks interest on both sides, and fires smack talk, and gets the sports talk stations going. Creates buzz which results in ticket sales. Doesn't hurt when NDSU has a good team going in.

TheRevSFA
May 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
yea, its a popular ticket. Plus like frozen said, you can see ticket prices go up. How many New Mexico state fans are going to travel to see their team play Minnesota. Lucky if they get a couple hundred to travel. These Dakota matchup's whether Gopher fans admit to it or not sparks interest on both sides, and fires smack talk, and gets the sports talk stations going. Creates buzz which results in ticket sales. Doesn't hurt when NDSU has a good team going in.

NMSU can't get a couple of hundred to attend their home games.

darell1976
May 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM

Do they have any?xlolx

BisonHype!
May 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM

Would you want to go watch them play football? Maybe to watch the opposing team, but probably not them. Ha

TheBisonator
May 22nd, 2012, 10:36 PM

They generally average a little less than NDSU, but I think historically they've got 15,000+ or most of their games.