PDA

View Full Version : FCS move ups

Hailmary
May 18th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Does anyone have a list of potential FBS move ups? Maybe we can try to keep track of who has filed their paper work and who is doing feasibility test to see if they can move up?

gotts
May 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have a list of potential FBS move ups? Maybe we can try to keep track of who has filed their paper work and who is doing feasibility test to see if they can move up?

Do you plan on hiring a staff to keep track of it? :D

Smitty
May 18th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Just check the thread subjects of the past 15 days and you should get most of them...

darell1976
May 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Just wait 10 years and about 90% of the FCS will be in the FBS.

danefan
May 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Fresno St. Alumn has a pretty good running list of potential moves on CS.com

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30125&p=647478#p647478

DFW HOYA
May 18th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Just wait 10 years and about 90% of the FCS will be in the FBS.

And then the current FBS becomes the FPS and the Sun Belt, WAC, MAC, and CUSA schools are still out of luck.

apaladin
May 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM
And then the current FBS becomes the FPS and the Sun Belt, WAC, MAC, and CUSA schools are still out of luck.

Exactly! No way the football powers are going to be associated with all these teams that are "moving up".

aceinthehole
May 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Those FCS schools who have made a public statement about possible moving to FBS in the future? Too many to know offhand, but I thik it now includes:

Appalachian State
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Liberty
Jacksonville State
North Dakota State
Alabama A&M

whoanellie
May 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM
what are the D-2 and start ups possibilities for any other schools?

MplsBison
May 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Out of luck in what sense?

Not a single school in the current or new Sun Belt, WAC, MAC or CUSA has dreams of winning a football championship against Ohio St, USC, Texas or Florida.

Hailmary
May 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Those FCS schools who have made a public statement about possible moving to FBS in the future? Too many to know offhand, but I thik it now includes:

Appalachian State
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Liberty
Jacksonville State
North Dakota State
Alabama A&M

Wow never knew Alabama A&M was looking to move up to FBS! What about Youngstown st. and Deleware? Also I wonder about Lamar and Sam Houston State?

aztecjim
May 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I thought it was Alabama STATE and not A&M

ursus arctos horribilis
May 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Wow never knew Alabama A&M was looking to move up to FBS! What about Youngstown st. and Deleware? Also I wonder about Lamar and Sam Houston State?

He said "made public statements" and there may be speculation on the other ones but if they aren't even to the point of fishing yet then they wouldn't belong that list.

Redbirdz
May 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM
It was Alabama State, haven't heard anything about A&M.

aceinthehole
May 19th, 2012, 09:13 AM
It was Alabama State, haven't heard anything about A&M.

Oops. :( I was just going by memory, without scanning the posts.