PDA

View Full Version : More Bleacher Report Nonsense to Make Us Feel Good

KNUTS
May 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1177448-25-small-schools-that-deserve-some-love-from-espn-college-gameday-in-2012/page/8#/articles/1177448-25-small-schools-that-deserve-some-love-from-espn-college-gameday-in-2012

25 Small Schools That Deserve ESPN Gamedays Love... A couple of FCS schools on the list.

I personally think that Gameday could come out for the Griz/Cat game or one of the playoffs. A few years back there were a few letters written and I seem to remember being angry at Kirk Herbstreet for something.

boogereagle
May 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Man, Bleacher Report is annoying. Every time I find something on the site I might halfway like, they go and ruin it for me by making my browser hang up or, In this case, by including Georgia State on that list.

I-16Bandit
May 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Georgia State hasn't deserved anything close to having the GameDay Crew. Typical Bleacher Report.

Professor Chaos
May 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Lol at the Georgia St suggestion. I'm sure GameDay would be impressed by the 10K they cram into the 70K seat Georgia Dome. And by mentioning the good competition on their schedule they conveniently leave out the three D2 and PFL opponents they played last year. They make UND's schedule look tough.

DetroitFlyer
May 11th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Nothing wrong with the PFL. Last I checked it was an FCS conference that will have an autobid in 2013.

UNH Fanboi
May 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
No ASU?

Apphole
May 11th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Sometimes I think when the BR makes these lists, they just grab a hat and pull names out of it.

KNUTS
May 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
No ASU?

I was a little mifffed by that too. I figured it would be the usual suspects. GSU was a little bit of a shock.

SpiritCymbal
May 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I was a little mifffed by that too. I figured it would be the usual suspects. GSU was a little bit of a shock.

The inclusion of Ga. State just b/c it's in Atlanta is all you need to know when looking at the credibility of the list. Bleacher Report can be a fun read sometimes, but it's hardly good journalism and definitely doesn't need to be taken seriously.

KNUTS
May 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
The inclusion of Ga. State just b/c it's in Atlanta is all you need to know when looking at the credibility of the list. Bleacher Report can be a fun read sometimes, but it's hardly good journalism and definitely doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Actually their credibility comes from the top 10 hottest: sideline reporters/ womens athletes/ cheerleaders, etc and the fact that they always include the Griz... But I certainly don't take it seriously... often

DFW HOYA
May 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
"More Bleacher Report Nonsense"? Usually that means something like "25 Greatest WWF Villains Named Bob" or "20 Best End Zone Markings of the NFL."

Go...gate
May 11th, 2012, 07:18 PM
GameDay needs to come to Hamilton, NY in December.

alvinkayak6
May 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Sometimes I think when the BR makes these lists, they just grab a hat and pull names out of it.

Sometimes I think they make a list of schools to grab attention from fans of those schools, since the national audience is already taken by E$PN

McNeese72
May 11th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Louisiana Lafayette???

xlmaox

Doc

realgsu
May 14th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Well we already had the GameDay crew call one of our games so, its just a natural progression. Y'all's hate is just hilarious now. Peons.xlolx

Apphole
May 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Well we already had the GameDay crew call one of our games so, its just a natural progression. Y'all's hate is just hilarious now. Peons.xlolx

The one thing our gameday is missing is 60,000 empty seats and frequent losses to NAIA and D 2 schools.

Serious question: have you ever been to a football game at a real school?

TheBisonator
May 14th, 2012, 11:44 PM
The one thing our gameday is missing is 60,000 empty seats and frequent losses to NAIA and D 2 schools.

You all have to admit: NDSU's fans didn't pull as much crap as Ga State's fans on the online boards in our first few years of FCS....

Mr. C
May 15th, 2012, 01:06 AM
GameDay needs to come to Hamilton, NY in December.

One of my favorite playoff stories is of the time I had to skip a Western Kentucky-Wofford playoff game to take my youngest daughter to a ballet dress rehearsal. So while the rehearsal is going on, my older daughter and I find a sports restaurant in town and ask that they turn on the fourth quarter of the 2003 Western Illinois-Colgate quarterfinal, being played in a blizzard in Hamilton, N.Y. that day. Before long, nearly everyone in the restaurant is watching WIU and Colgate battle it out to a 28-27 nail-biter in the driving snow. One of my all-time favorite FCS moments. What a great game that was.

realgsu
May 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
You all have to admit: NDSU's fans didn't pull as much crap as Ga State's fans on the online boards in our first few years of FCS....

Of course not..you just won the NC with a team that had no Black people. Its Bizarro world football.

realgsu
May 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM

See my reply to the NDSU fan...I'm not impressed by your "accomplishments"

JSUBison
May 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Of course not..you just won the NC with a team that had no Black people. Its Bizarro world football.

I guess you and Jimmy the Greek will be watching the NDSU/Prairie View A&M game with great interest then.

TheBisonator
May 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM

There were 24 black guys on our roster last year. You fail

Apphole
May 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM

The vast majority of our team is black. Same with the championship years. How many black people played for all the D-2 and NAIA teams that whooped GaySt's *** over the past few years? There's probably tons in the SBC too. FBS doormat>FCS doormat I guess.

gotts
May 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Every day there's a new front-runner for most ignorant pile of ****.