PDA

View Full Version : MORATORIUM-Didn't Work

apaladin
May 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
5 years ago the FBS powers that they are said no to anyone moving up to FBS for 4 years because they were afraid of getting too many teams and thought many of the schools were not worthy. Come 2012 and just about anyone who has a team wants to move up, or so it seems. You have teams that lose to D2 teams(Ga State) and teams that haven't played a game(Charlotte) and many other struggling teams jumping to FBS. Way too many IMHO. Why haven't we heard anything from the FBS schools this time??

The Moody1
May 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I think the moratorium was more about putting a halt to all the D-II schools moving up for basketball.

Squealofthepig
May 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Wow. Could you just use that as draft #1 and come back when you have something more comprehensible?

What I got from your post is:
1) The moratorium ended one year ago
2) rabble rabble rabble

Teams move up for different reasons and have different opportunities to do so; complaining about it without actually structuring an argument for conversation just seems like the useless ramblings of a qq'er.

You state it didn't work - umm, there was a moratorium for four years. It ended. What didn't work about that?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
UNCC and Ga State are not really part of FCS in most people's minds as UTSA really wasn't either. They were going at the first opportunity and it was by design.

The other ones are a loss for the CAA and the Socon and even the FCS overall but nothing that won't absorbed fairly quickly and moved on from if it happens.

I love those teams being a part of it all but even when Ga Southern dropped off the map for a while another team stepped in and made the most of it in the Socon and on the national FCS scale.

The moratorium actually probably had the opposite effect it may have been designed to have because it gave some sense of urgency to a lot of schools that might not have been there prior.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
The moratorium had the same effect as Nixon's caps on inflation: once they were lifted, all the activity hit the market all at once, causing chaos.

MplsBison
May 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
UNCC and Ga State are not really part of FCS in most people's minds as UTSA really wasn't either. They were going at the first opportunity and it was by design.

The other ones are a loss for the CAA and the Socon and even the FCS overall but nothing that won't absorbed fairly quickly and moved on from if it happens.

I love those teams being a part of it all but even when Ga Southern dropped off the map for a while another team stepped in and made the most of it in the Socon and on the national FCS scale.

The moratorium actually probably had the opposite effect it may have been designed to have because it gave some sense of urgency to a lot of schools that might not have been there prior.

What kind of argument is that? Another team stepped up and won the national championship?

Yeah....I guess if all of the major scholarship conferences moved to FBS then you would have some team from the Pioneer League stepping up to win the FCS national championship. Great.

apaladin
May 7th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I think the moratorium was more about putting a halt to all the D-II schools moving up for basketball.

I think it was just FBS football. The number of D1 basketball teams has continued to grow. Teams like PC, SC-Upstate etc have all moved up the last 5 years.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
What kind of argument is that? Another team stepped up and won the national championship?

Yeah....I guess if all of the major scholarship conferences moved to FBS then you would have some team from the Pioneer League stepping up to win the FCS national championship. Great.

It wasn't an argument slick. It is fact. Ga Southern while still in FCS slid back a little and App St. stepped up and took over as a national force.

You feel like being a dullard and racing ahead to try and form some future argument that I'm not making then please feel free...

FCS will survive just fine without em' just as it did when others have left for FBS.

WUTNDITWAA
May 8th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I think it was just FBS football. The number of D1 basketball teams has continued to grow. Teams like PC, SC-Upstate etc have all moved up the last 5 years.

No, it was for all divisions. It was mostly over D-II teams going D-I for a cut of the men's basketball tournament money. I even think FCS to FBS movement was added later, at the behest of FCS schools IIRC.

walliver
May 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
It isn't clear what the moratorium was supposed to accomplish. There was a ban on moving up, but the NCAA really didn't change anything during the moratorium.

My opinion is that D-I schools starting football who want to play in FBS should be allowed to start in FBS - there is no reason these startups should be in FCS.

MplsBison
May 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
It wasn't an argument slick. It is fact. Ga Southern while still in FCS slid back a little and App St. stepped up and took over as a national force.

You feel like being a dullard and racing ahead to try and form some future argument that I'm not making then please feel free...

FCS will survive just fine without em' just as it did when others have left for FBS.

Some team will always win the national championship. They're not going to stop having the playoffs because all the good teams leave.

Goes right back to the overarching question that any FCS school has to ask itself: what good is staying in FCS just to have a chance to compete for a championship that doesn't mean anything???

ursus arctos horribilis
May 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Some team will always win the national championship. They're not going to stop having the playoffs because all the good teams leave.

Goes right back to the overarching question that any FCS school has to ask itself: what good is staying in FCS just to have a chance to compete for a championship that doesn't mean anything???

I don't know what argument you're trying to have but keep on with your bad self.

MplsBison
May 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I don't know what argument you're trying to have but keep on with your bad self.

You're trying to make an argument that it doesn't matter if the good teams leave because some other team that stayed behind will "step up" and win the national championship.

My response: duh. Someone has to win it. Non-argument.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
You're trying to make an argument that it doesn't matter if the good teams leave because some other team that stayed behind will "step up" and win the national championship.

My response: duh. Someone has to win it. Non-argument.

No, that's not the argument I was making. I've explained it twice to ya, I'm not doing it again. Go get checked for concussion damage MPLS.

MplsBison
May 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Yep. You were

ursus arctos horribilis
May 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yep. You were

Sorry, still wrong. If your battle strategy is to have the last word and get some sort of attrition victory I will just post this link for future replies that lack substance.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?108447-MORATORIUM-Didn-t-Work&p=1791103&viewfull=1#post1791103

I might as well go grab BogMeg and have him get me set up with the Annoying Orange pic since that's where you want to take things when you have nothing?

MplsBison
May 8th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Thank you for agreeing with me that claiming a team wins the national championship every year is not a justification for dismissing the top FCS programs leaving the division.

Knew you'd come around sooner or later.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you for agreeing with me that claiming a team wins the national championship every year is not a justification for dismissing the top FCS programs leaving the division.

Knew you'd come around sooner or later.

As I said, you made that argument up, I didn't. Congrats on beating whatever you beat in that one.xthumbsupx

MplsBison
May 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Never met anyone who, upon having their main argument destroyed, just flat out denied making the argument.

Must be an internet message board thing.

AmsterBison
May 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Never met anyone who, upon having their main argument destroyed, just flat out denied making the argument.

Must be an internet message board thing.

Are there any mirrors in your mom's basement or did you break them all trying to get at the assholes therein?

More importantly: If NDSU stays in the FCS, will you start rooting for a program worthy of your talents, or do you have some particular grudge against the Bison?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 8th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Are there any mirrors in your mom's basement or did you break them all trying to get at the assholes therein?

More importantly: If NDSU stays in the FCS, will you start rooting for a program worthy of your talents, or do you have some particular grudge against the Bison?

He is fun to toy with though. He misunderstands something, then sticks to his misunderstanding even when you explain it to him.

It's kinda beautiful in it's own way. You ever had a girlfriend that had a dream that you were cheating on her and then when she woke up in the middle of the night pissed off at you she woke you up to tell you what she had imagined you did and was still mad it you for it?

MPLS is our bitch and we pass him around like cigs in cell block D so just go with it...we've all gotta do our time with him...and his nightmares.:D

Screamin_Eagle174
May 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif