PDA

View Full Version : Brian Quick 1st Pick in 2nd Round

asujch
April 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Opinions? I was surprised that he was picked so early, most reports were guessing him as a mid 3rd round guy. Do you think he is a good fit for the Rams?

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM
As a Pats fan I was hoping for Quick or Hill from GTech.

I think Quick would have been better off being paired with an established QB.

AmsterBison
April 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Not so much an opinion as a congratulation. Congratulations to Mr. Quick!

Bogus Megapardus
April 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Awesome for Brian Quick! Incredible validation of App State and Coach Moore.

MorgantonAPPAlum
April 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'm surprised, but happy, to see him go this high. I think he gets a chance to make an impact with the Rams and maybe will even steal a starting spot.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Excellent. Good for Quickster.

SeattleGriz
April 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Always great when a FCS player gets drafted high.

blueballs
April 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Good for him and (yuck) App State...

All kidding aside, congratulations to him. To come from where he did starting football so late in his life to tonight is pretty darned cool! I hope he has a long and distinguished career

MorgantonAPPAlum
April 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM
And now he will be a teammate of Montana's Trumaine Johnson. Applause to Jeff Fisher and company for getting the FCS talent in St. Louis.

asujch
April 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM
And now he will be a teammate of Montana's Trumaine Johnson. Applause to Jeff Fisher and company for getting the FCS talent in St. Louis.

I wonder if Quick remembers Trumaine from that last play in Montana in 09,' I know I do.

Mr. C
April 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Opinions? I was surprised that he was picked so early, most reports were guessing him as a mid 3rd round guy. Do you think he is a good fit for the Rams?

I had been telling people he would go in the top-40 picks, but no one wanted to believe me. Rams sources told a friend of mine in the scouting world that St. Louis would have picked him 30th, or 31st, if the Rams had picked earlier. I got laughed at when I told people Quick had an outside shot of slipping into the first round. He missed it by one spot.

putter
April 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM

Tough pick for TJ. Rams pick up Cortland Finnegan from Tennessee, then draft Jenkins. He will have to come ready to work to just see the field.

Mr. C
April 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM
As a Pats fan I was hoping for Quick or Hill from GTech.

I think Quick would have been better off being paired with an established QB.

From what my sources told me, the Patriots really liked Quick. So did the 49ers and Ravens. The Rams just pulled the trigger first.

Mr. C
April 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Tough pick for TJ. Rams pick up Cortland Finnegan from Tennessee, then draft Jenkins. He will have to come ready to work to just see the field.

Finnegan was one of my favorite FCS players when he was playing in college. Jeff Fisher knows FCS talent, considering his son Brandon played LB at Montana.

Cleets
April 27th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Fisher had to draft Tru Johnson one round earlier than he wanted
I think he was nervous that the Cardinals and Vikings had Tru on their list and they were a few picks on the board after the RAMs - so he had to grab him
A lot of the top corners went early so Tru moved up as a NEED pick pretty fast

HighCountry
April 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Couldn't believe it when I heard, awesome for BQ and our program. Hopefully Bradford will stay healthy this season so Quick will have a reliable arm throwing to him.

BEAR
April 27th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Finnegan was one of my favorite FCS players when he was playing in college. Jeff Fisher knows FCS talent, considering his son Brandon played LB at Montana.

Jeff Fisher knows d2 talent...he took UCA's DE Jacob Ford back in 06 07. Turned out great for Jacob for a few years. I love coaches that look past college subdivisions and right at real talent! xclapx

HailSzczur
April 27th, 2012, 11:43 PM
They have a good, young, developing QB out there, and Quick will be able to jump in real, well quick it seems. Wish him the best of luck. I was watching the draft with a bunch of Nova guys and they all went "Hey, he's from App St, we've beaten an NFL draft pick" which is a pretty cool thought.

But honestly, I feel like when a FCS guy goes we all win a little. It's great validation for any of the nay-sayers out there. Thats the territory Ijalana went last year, I hope we get another draft pick soon.

AppMan
April 28th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Seems as though a secret workout convinced the Rams to nab Brian as "Quickly" as possible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rams-land-next-t-o--in-brian-quick-following-secret-trip-to-north-carolina-.html

asujch
April 28th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Seems as though a secret workout convinced the Rams to nab Brian as "Quickly" as possible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rams-land-next-t-o--in-brian-quick-following-secret-trip-to-north-carolina-.html

I saw that earlier, Jeff Fischer knows his stuff!!

Mr. C
April 28th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Fisher had to draft Tru Johnson one round earlier than he wanted
I think he was nervous that the Cardinals and Vikings had Tru on their list and they were a few picks on the board after the RAMs - so he had to grab him
A lot of the top corners went early so Tru moved up as a NEED pick pretty fast

Trumaine Johnson is viewed as a free safety by NFL folks, even though he played corner in college.

fmrbearkat
April 28th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Jeff Fisher knows d2 talent...he took UCA's DE Jacob Ford back in 06 07. Turned out great for Jacob for a few years. I love coaches that look past college subdivisions and right at real talent! xclapx

I don't post much but in the words of Michael Irvin and the Monday night crew "come on man!!!"

If your really a UCA fan then you should know we are not D2....we are Division 1 (also known as FCS or 1aa if you prefer) don't we get enough D2 comments from the Media and FBS homers??? At least our loyal followers should be the ones getting it right! And yes Jacob Ford was a stud.....one of the top 2-3 DL I played against!

As for the post congrats to Quick and Johnson! Johnson was by far the best athlete our boys played against. I'm sure quick remembers that hit but I'm even more sure Johnson remembers his final game as a Grizz and the name Tim Flanders :-)

I played OL for The Kats from 2001 to 2004 so I gotta give the grizz a little hell for the times y'all put us out and kept us from the NC game!

It is really cool seeing some FCS guys going so high in the draft and get us some attention! Love following the guys I played against that are doing well in the league. Ford, Vincent Jackson, reed doughty, Fred Evans and many more! Makes it enjoyable watching games when the Cowboys aren't on!

Was really nice to see Josh McCown come in for the bears and have several very respectable games. Hope he has a job next year because he deserves it! One of the best guys I've ever known!!

SeattleGriz
April 28th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I saw that earlier, Jeff Fischer knows his stuff!!

Let's hope all non FBS picks make other coaches look lazy!

asumike83
April 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Currently the front page of ESPN
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XRbRii3RPPI/T5wJ2F6sWCI/AAAAAAAAADc/II1sUSvP2zA/s400/espn.jpg

Rams are listed as the biggest winner of day two:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7865424/green-bay-packers-surprised-trades-day-2

Skjellyfetti
April 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Remember all the offseason debate last year about who was better -- Joel Bradford or Brian Quick -- after Bradford was named preseason 1st team all-conference over Quick? xlolx

Mr. C
April 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM
It was absolutely idiotic that some folks didn't have Quick first-team All-American, let alone first-team all-conference. There is more to honors teams than piling up meaningless statistics.

SpeedkingATL
April 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
They have a good, young, developing QB out there, and Quick will be able to jump in real, well quick it seems. Wish him the best of luck. I was watching the draft with a bunch of Nova guys and they all went "Hey, he's from App St, we've beaten an NFL draft pick" which is a pretty cool thought.

But honestly, I feel like when a FCS guy goes we all win a little. It's great validation for any of the nay-sayers out there. Thats the territory Ijalana went last year, I hope we get another draft pick soon.

Actually there were 4 App players (so far) that have gotten drafted that played in that (awful) Nova playoff game.

Cleets
April 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Trumaine Johnson is viewed as a free safety by NFL folks, even though he played corner in college.

Indeed he is... 6' 2" and over 200 lbs will do that
He's a Free Safety / Tight end cover guy - as the game has changed so much that tight ends now get 70 catches and 1000 yards