PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Names First FB Coach in 50+ Years

TexasTerror
June 16th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Big news for one of our newest football programs in I-AA...best of luck to Steele and the Camels!

Dale Steele Named Head Football Coach at Campbell University

Dale Steele, a veteran of more than 25 years in the collegiate coaching ranks, was introduced as Campbell University’s football coach in a press conference on June 15, 2006 on campus at the Alumni Room of Marshbanks Dining Hall. Joining University President Dr. Jerry M. Wallace for the announcement were Fred Taylor, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Bob Barker, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees, and Director of Athletics Stan Williamson.

“We are extremely pleased that Coach Steele will be joining the University as head coach of the Fighting Camels football team, said Dr. Wallace. “He is bringing to Campbell 30 years of much diversified coaching experience. Coach Steele is an extraordinarily talented and experienced individual whose range of skills will serve the University well as he launches Campbell’s return to the gridiron.

Steele will be in charge of building the Fighting Camel program for competition in 2008 at the NCAA Division I-AA non-scholarship level. He joins the Campbell athletics staff after spending the last two years as assistant head coach and running backs coach at Elon University.

“It’s a dream come true for my family and me and a tremendous opportunity,” said Steele. “As a family, we are so excited that we have been given this opportunity to be a part of a special time in the history of Campbell University with the reinstatement of football after a 56-year absence. We are very thankful to Dr. Wallace, Stan Williamson and the Campbell family for selecting us to come to Buies Creek during such an exciting time in the university’s history.”

http://www.gocamels.com/football/archives.htm#Steele_Named_Head_Football

GeauxLions94
June 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Big news for one of our newest football programs in I-AA...best of luck to Steele and the Camels!

Dale Steele Named Head Football Coach at Campbell University

Dale Steele, a veteran of more than 25 years in the collegiate coaching ranks, was introduced as Campbell University’s football coach in a press conference on June 15, 2006 on campus at the Alumni Room of Marshbanks Dining Hall. Joining University President Dr. Jerry M. Wallace for the announcement were Fred Taylor, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Bob Barker, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees, and Director of Athletics Stan Williamson.

“We are extremely pleased that Coach Steele will be joining the University as head coach of the Fighting Camels football team, said Dr. Wallace. “He is bringing to Campbell 30 years of much diversified coaching experience. Coach Steele is an extraordinarily talented and experienced individual whose range of skills will serve the University well as he launches Campbell’s return to the gridiron.

Steele will be in charge of building the Fighting Camel program for competition in 2008 at the NCAA Division I-AA non-scholarship level. He joins the Campbell athletics staff after spending the last two years as assistant head coach and running backs coach at Elon University.

“It’s a dream come true for my family and me and a tremendous opportunity,” said Steele. “As a family, we are so excited that we have been given this opportunity to be a part of a special time in the history of Campbell University with the reinstatement of football after a 56-year absence. We are very thankful to Dr. Wallace, Stan Williamson and the Campbell family for selecting us to come to Buies Creek during such an exciting time in the university’s history.”

http://www.gocamels.com/football/archives.htm#Steele_Named_Head_Football

Glad to see Campbell get back in the football fold. Also a bit of an SLC connection as Williamson, who's a native of Louisiana, was AD at Nicholls State a few years ago.

SMOKE 'EM CAMELS!

W. DeMontague
June 18th, 2006, 08:20 PM
http://www.gocamels.com/football/photos/steelefamily3.jpg

His daughter is freaking gorgeous.

Good luck to the Camels.