PDA

View Full Version : Who is THE poster...

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 11:56 AM
that has a big presence on your home teams board as well as AGS?

Me, for instance, I am on AGS & CS quite a bit but I have absolutely zero presence on Egriz.

Don't just read this and move on please. Hit the submit and provide an answer if you would cuz I'm working on putting something together here.

It isn't FCSD I know, but I want some people seeing it and maybe logging in to their account to give a response.

MplsBison
April 26th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I don't post on Bisonville. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe I was banned there as MplsBison.

However, at least in the latest instance of the BV database - the account no longer exists.

LeadBolt
April 26th, 2012, 12:00 PM
For William and Mary it would most likely be Tribe14SF.

gotts
April 26th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Djkyro maybe? I know he has a much bigger presence on Bisonville that here, but I still see him around. Plus, he writes for a Bison magazine.

Tourguide is an absolute monster on recruiting news for NDSU on Bisonville.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I don't post on Bisonville. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe I was banned there as MplsBison.

However, at least in the latest instance of the BV database - the account no longer exists.

The reason I don't utilize egriz more is probably due to why you aren't accepted at BV. Team boards are very focused and people can get real pissed if you don't agree with them or have certain critiques of your team. I really like the style of the national boards because the differences of opinion can be taken a little more easily as it's not quite so personal to the vast majority of the users.

Of course it is the reason some of the local team board guys don't appreciate coming to the national boards because some of the things certain guys like you or Lakes say embarrasses them even though they shouldn't take that weight on themselves. Hell I'm a fan of yours you crazy bastard. I love having a frank exchange of views.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Djkyro maybe? I know he has a much bigger presence on Bisonville that here, but I still see him around. Plus, he writes for a Bison magazine.

Tourguide is an absolute monster on recruiting news for NDSU on Bisonville.

Both those guys (and you and many others) are probably in that group. DJ is pretty big here as well and turg is putting on a good show recently as well.

darell1976
April 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I have a big presence on AGS and post on CS but on siouxsports.com it would be Goon or The Sicatoka.

MplsBison
April 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM
The reason I don't utilize egriz more is probably due to why you aren't accepted at BV. Team boards are very focused and people can get real pissed if you don't agree with them or have certain critiques of your team. I really like the style of the national boards because the differences of opinion can be taken a little more easily as it's not quite so personal to the vast majority of the users.

Of course it is the reason some of the local team board guys don't appreciate coming to the national boards because some of the things certain guys like you or Lakes say embarrasses them even though they shouldn't take that weight on themselves. Hell I'm a fan of yours you crazy bastard. I love having a frank exchange of views.xthumbsupx

Hear ya loud and clear.

Even worse on BV (though it may be true on egriz just as well as other boards) is that there most definitely exists an "in-crowd" of specific BV posters who all try to tailgate together, meet in real life, etc. Maybe even friends in real life, for all I know. Guys like PL, SD, Tatanka, Road, etc. If you dare question them, you will quickly be run off the board.

Maybe that's how it should be on team boards. I don't know...I just know I don't participate.

MplsBison
April 26th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I have a big presence on AGS and post on CS but on siouxsports.com it would be Goon or The Sicatoka.

There a few posters on ss.com for whom I will actually skim the thread for their posts first. Sica is almost always one. Used to be Star2 as well, but haven't seen him on there in a while.

Silenoz
April 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I guess I have a moderate presence on all three

...between the two user names

My guess for the Griz would be AZ or Alpha

Smitty
April 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Well there are really only 2 posters that are active here, and I'm one of them...

darell1976
April 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
There a few posters on ss.com for whom I will actually skim the thread for their posts first. Sica is almost always one. Used to be Star2 as well, but haven't seen him on there in a while.

Star has been MIA. Sica posts are really good, and i like most people on there including Dave K and Fetch (the Sioux nickname at all cost people). Even some Bison fans are alright like Wyo and JohnboyND7 they post some good things and aren't trolls like some fans. I may not agree with all their posts but I applaude their effort.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Hear ya loud and clear.

Even worse on BV (though it may be true on egriz just as well as other boards) is that there most definitely exists an "in-crowd" of specific BV posters who all try to tailgate together, meet in real life, etc. Maybe even friends in real life, for all I know. Guys like PL, SD, Tatanka, Road, etc. If you dare question them, you will quickly be run off the board.

Maybe that's how it should be on team boards. I don't know...I just know I don't participate.

Last line is key there cuz I know that certain cliques happen on team boards. That how it is everywhere though. Some cultures you fit into, some you don't. Egriz & BV are both great boards for their users and contain an assload of information that gets passed around to AGS/CS etc.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I don't go to Bisonville because I'm a ****-stirrer and I either completely agree or get stomped hard when I try there. That's why I like it here.

MplsBison
April 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Where are the UNI posters? I know I don't read every thread, but seems like they've slunk away after last season. I think I recall seeing clenz in a thread and that's it recently.

Squealofthepig
April 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Team boards are very focused and people can get real pissed if you don't agree with them or have certain critiques of your team. I really like the style of the national boards because the differences of opinion can be taken a little more easily as it's not quite so personal to the vast majority of the users.

Agree. I only visit egriz in specific situations (e.g., when the Great Cleanse happened). However, when I DO visit, I do see AG1 quite a bit and would probably nominate him as far as Montana AGS/team board ubiquity.

asujch
April 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I believe that asumike83 has a great presence on this board. This guy knows his stuff! He is always providing relatively unbiased info and is a class act!!

TheRevSFA
April 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I am a mod on Lumberjackfans.com so myself. SFA 93 is a big presence on both boards too

Apphole
April 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Very different crowd on App fan vs Mountaineer Message Board. Hard to decide. I'd probably say Saint since I've seen him on every single message board I've ever been to, including other schools'.

AshevilleApp2
April 26th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I'll defer to the other App posters, because I don't post at all on App Fan or MMB.

Sycamore51
April 26th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I don't get on Sycamorepride that often, I'm not a big fan of picking kids and coaches apart for every little thing now that our sports don't suck. A litle success and people tend to knit pick. I think Dgreenwell and I are the only ones that I've ever seen on here.

I-16Bandit
April 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I'm on GSUFans, and post there quite a bit, but I have 2 completely different username's. And only a few know who I am over there.

Apphole
April 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I'm on GSUFans, and post there quite a bit, but I have 2 completely different username's. And only a few know who I am over there.

Same with me and the App boards.

The Eagle's Cliff
April 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I'm on AGS and gsufans with the same username, but I read as much or more than I post.

Skjellyfetti
April 26th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I'd vote Mountaineer but he doesn't post as much on either site anymore. So, I second the vote for Saint3333.

ASUMountaineer
April 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I believe that asumike83 has a great presence on this board. This guy knows his stuff! He is always providing relatively unbiased info and is a class act!!

I on board with this. I haven't had the fortune of meeting him yet, but he is always even-keeled and spot-on. I would also second a vote for Saint.

asumike83
April 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys, y'all are too kind. I vote for Saint, that dude is everywhere and he knows ASU!

Hambone
April 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm kind of a big deal everywhere I go......... :)

darell1976
April 26th, 2012, 02:32 PM

You da man Hambone!!!xthumbsupx

Grizo406
April 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Welcome to my World, Ham!xcoffeex

Ivytalk
April 26th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I post here and on CS.com, but I'm not on any other Harvard/Ivy football board. Truth be told, I tend to avoid other Harvard people...xsmiley_wix

Eaglesrus
April 26th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Ditto.

I nominate Blueballs for GA Southern. Not a huge quantity of posts, but excellent quality, in my opinion.

clenz
April 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Where are the UNI posters? I know I don't read every thread, but seems like they've slunk away after last season. I think I recall seeing clenz in a thread and that's it recently.

UNI posters rarely leave panthernation and the MVCfans website....when they do it is usually only during high tides (a couple exceptions)...

I know there is a poster that is very active on PN, and pretty active on CS and the MVC website but uses a different name on every site. I don't know if he posts here though.

Honestly, for UNI the two most "seen" posters on boards at Cap'n and myself...and Cap'n is only really active for about 2 weeks at a time then disappears for about 2 or 3 months.

I've been here posting erratically, but have read majority of the posts here.

Between the names I've used on Panthernation I'm close to 8k posts there (which combined would put me 4th on the "most posted" list there....clenz has over 4,200 posts of that which is 10th on PN...leaving the newsfeed bot out of the list.)

I have 12,834 (as of this post) with clenz which is 7th on CS.....I can say I've only ever used 1 other name there and it has less than 5 posts.

I don't know what I have here under clenz (1kish) but I had another name a long time ago that was in the thousands.....

I have a name on MVCfans.com, but it isn't clenz. Only site I don't use clenz. Not too active there, but there isn't much football talk (other than the non-football schools callling FCS "pop warner" and other slams.

I guess that would make me the "most visible" UNI fan on message boards (on the football/general discussion side)? That's not good for me....or UNI...I would think. Maybe I only come to that conclusion because I'm the only one to use the same name on multiple boards. I'd easily rank one other guy right there with me, but like I said I don't know his name here/if he posts here so it's tough to say.

LBPop
April 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM
It should go without saying, but I will say it because he deserves it. Three letters tell it all about Georgetown posters and there is no second place: DFW

The Eagle's Cliff
April 26th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Ditto.

I nominate Blueballs for GA Southern. Not a huge quantity of posts, but excellent quality, in my opinion.

It's not fair that Blueballs is smarter than the rest of us. The guvment should tax his brain.

The Eagle's Cliff
April 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Ditto.

It's not fair that Blueballs is smarter than the rest of us. The guvment should tax his brain.

RabidRabbit
April 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM
For South Dakota St, the active poster (and mod) is a Foamin' at the Mouth Rabbit :D for both here and there.

Other very active posters at SDSU JackJD (fellow moderator), JackMD, Nidaros.

Probably over active mods, but haven't had to edit anyone in about a year, either here or at www.SDSUfans.com/board

BisonHype!
April 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I really only post on AGS. I prefer the national boards over a local homer perspective. Plus I love sports and college football in general. I am interested in other games than just the ones the Bison are in.

SDFS
April 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM

You da man Hambone!!!xthumbsupx

I think the most active here would be:

1) Darrel1976 by a mile
2) DaveK - not as active lately
3) DakotaDan
4) bincitysioux
5) Hambone

On SiouxSports in the football forum:

1) UND92.96
2) bincitysioux
3) DakotaDan
4) UND Fan
5) Darell1976

Hambone - rules the recruiting thread..

In the football forum - fairly easy going crew - minus the NDSU trolls. In the SiouxName and Men's Hockey forums that is another story. It is a mixed bag of Gopher/college hockey fans with a Bison fan twist - a fair number of Bison fans are college hockey fans so behaviors change from forum to forum. The SiouxName forum is a mix of trolls, arm chair lawyers, PC/granola, pro name and anti name - but it makes for interesting reading.

Mountaineer
April 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I'd vote Mountaineer but he doesn't post as much on either site anymore. So, I second the vote for Saint3333.

Hey, thanks Sk. :) True, I've pretty much moved into lurk territory. There's enough Apps to hold down the fort now.

I'll also cast my vote for Saint3333. Dude has been here and on the MMB from the inception of both. He can bring the smack when warranted, but also back up his posts with the facts when needed. And he does it in that cool level-headed way that, if I was a fan of a team he's going after, would drive me insane. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hey, thanks Sk. :) True, I've pretty much moved into lurk territory. There's enough Apps to hold down the fort now.

I'll also cast my vote for Saint3333. Dude has been here and on the MMB from the inception of both. He can bring the smack when warranted, but also back up his posts with the facts when needed. And he does it in that cool level-headed way that, if I was a fan of a team he's going after, would drive me insane. xlolx

You, bench, & Appaholic are the three most disappointing board buddies I got and it's all due to the same reason. You just see yourselves as too good for ol' ursus anymore. I'm not saying it isn't true, it's just disappointing.

Mountaineer
April 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM
..it's just disappointing.

You coming out for the game I hope? If so I'll make it up to you - an ASU cap with a complimentary scent of Eau de Balls. :p

bobcathpdevil56
April 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I am still kind of a newcomer to these boards. I spend time reading AGS, CS and Bobcatnation. I have noticed that a lot of the guys on Bobcatnation dont post on these boards. Not sure why, but I like the majority of the posters on all these boards. I just miss laughing at JBB on CS

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I am still kind of a newcomer to these boards. I spend time reading AGS, CS and Bobcatnation. I have noticed that a lot of the guys on Bobcatnation dont post on these boards. Not sure why, but I like the majority of the posters on all these boards. I just miss laughing at JBB on CS

Yeah, I've had some serious fun with the JBB myself and love that crazy SOB as well.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM
You coming out for the game I hope? If so I'll make it up to you - an ASU cap with a complimentary scent of Eau de Balls. :p

Who's are you planning on borrowing? That's gonna be the selling point in this transaction friendo.

Montanan
April 26th, 2012, 09:24 PM
big presence posters come and go, it's the loyal lurker that lasts forever!http://d21c.com/walpurgis9/happies/faces2/129.gif

BisonFan02
April 26th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I joined BV and AGS around the same time (didn't discover the forums till early last fall)...don't post on CS personally, but I have checked it out a few times. I prefer AGS on general FCS chat and what not (and post here more often than BV), but use BV more for local news/recruiting. I can see where BV has a tight knit group of frequent posters, but I don't think it's exactly an exclusive club or anything...haven't tried too hard to fit in exactly.

344Johnson
April 26th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I think the most active here would be:

1) Darrel1976 by a mile
2) DaveK - not as active lately
3) DakotaDan
4) bincitysioux
5) Hambone

On SiouxSports in the football forum:

1) UND92.96
2) bincitysioux
3) DakotaDan
4) UND Fan
5) Darell1976

Hambone - rules the recruiting thread..

In the football forum - fairly easy going crew - minus the NDSU trolls. In the SiouxName and Men's Hockey forums that is another story. It is a mixed bag of Gopher/college hockey fans with a Bison fan twist - a fair number of Bison fans are college hockey fans so behaviors change from forum to forum. The SiouxName forum is a mix of trolls, arm chair lawyers, PC/granola, pro name and anti name - but it makes for interesting reading.

I do enjoy swinging by the ol' Siouxsports. I try to let y'all live in your little fantasy world ;) but sometimes dish out a dose of reality. Heck even when I'm on good behavior I get called a troll once every few posts! Happens to some of the rival fans on our board too so I don't mind it too much. Really got into a pissing contest on one of the SiouxName threads over there. Real ugly.

Our best ambassador for multiple boards I'd say is Wyo. But he isn't on here so I'd say Kyro does a good job.

tourguide
April 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I really enjoy learning about other FCS programs and this board is great and I love the reception our guy lakes gets here. barely ever check CS.

I agree DJ is the most consistent poster

ASUMountaineer
April 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM
You, bench, & Appaholic are the three most disappointing board buddies I got and it's all due to the same reason. You just see yourselves as too good for ol' ursus anymore. I'm not saying it isn't true, it's just disappointing.

Does that mean I've moved up the list of ASU board buddies?

If so, perhaps I need to examine my life.

Sycamore51
April 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I got posterized once in a basketball game. Does that count?

FormerPokeCenter
April 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I am The poster.

With only 7 posts to thee credit, I think Thy needs to do more work to be THE poster...

frozennorth
April 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM

I refuse to worship at the altar of "UND IS THE EBST EVER AT EVREY THIGN" so i got trolled right out of siouxsports.

Screamin_Eagle174
April 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM
The Red Zone - EWURanger, myself, Kalm
CS - Myself, Kalm, EWURanger
AGS - Not too sure. Probably EdubAlum, kalm or clawman.

darell1976
April 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I refuse to worship at the altar of "UND IS THE EBST EVER AT EVREY THIGN" so i got trolled right out of siouxsports.

We all know your hatred for UND sports.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Does that mean I've moved up the list of ASU board buddies?

If so, perhaps I need to examine my life.

No you are fine. I am disappointed in them for their complete lack of posts. I am disappointed in you for the posts you make.

TheRevSFA
April 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM
So what's the deal UAH?

frozennorth
April 27th, 2012, 09:50 PM
We all know your hatred for UND sports.

my point exactly.

SDFS
April 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM

I enjoy the frank exchange of ideas... just wish more of it was backed up with links or references versus half truth spin.

chattanoogamocs
April 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I am THE poster on Mocfans (which makes sense, I founded it)...and I have the most posts of any Chattanooga fan on here (mainly based on longevity)...though now that I think about it, whatever his name is that runs his mouth all the time about the Mocs probably has more posts than me by now (he can rack up 100 posts in one thread).

I posted on every board in the SoCon (and feel like I have pretty good relationships with all of them) ...always under ChattanoogaMocs or Cmocs.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
So what's the deal UAH?

I should have answered this on the board for everybody instead of just a pm. Sorry to the rest of ya. Here's the deal, I have set up a forum for team reps that can translate info. back & forth from AGS to team boards and vice versa on issues that we could affect if we acted as a somewhat organized unit.

Some conference reps are in place and will put together the team reps for their section.

I don't have conference reps for:
CAA
Big South
NEC
MVFC...maybe
SWAC
MEAC
Pioneer
Ivy
or OVC

yet.

PM me if you are interested in those conf. rep spots and then you can put the team reps together. There can be 2 or 3 team reps if people want to as well.

McNeese72
May 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
I'm a moderator on Geauxcowboys and I've been here since the beginning through two or three different styles of messageboards. But I don't post here as much as I did in the earlier days. There a few fans, Hen, Georgia Southern, YSU, and Montana fans that were on the old AOL Div I-AA messageboard back in the early, mid-90's that are still around here but don't post much.

There are quite a few other McNeese posters that post on both, Jay Gallagher (FormerPokeCenter or whatever he goes by here), McNeese75, Crossfire, and others I can't remember right now.

Doc

TheRevSFA
May 1st, 2012, 10:36 AM
So 72 is repping the Pokes, Sammy94 the Kats, UCABear for UCA..and PurpleOut and myself for SFA.

Hey Demons fans..who wants to help out? I know all of two of you.

Apphole
May 1st, 2012, 10:41 AM
I should have answered this on the board for everybody instead of just a pm. Sorry to the rest of ya. Here's the deal, I have set up a forum for team reps that can translate info. back & forth from AGS to team boards and vice versa on issues that we could affect if we acted as a somewhat organized unit.

Some conference reps are in place and will put together the team reps for their section.

CAA
Big South
NEC
MVFC...maybe
SWAC
MEAC
Pioneer
Ivy
or OVC

yet.

PM me if you are interested in those conf. rep spots and then you can put the team reps together. There can be 2 or 3 team reps if people want to as well.

Who's the SoCon conference rep?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Who's the SoCon conference rep?

Gringer1 is. I think he has a list of people he's getting ahold of and don't for sure where he's at with it but pm him if you are a SoCon guy and interested in helping.

asumike83
May 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
I am on board as an App rep, not sure if there are any others.

Apphole
May 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
I am on board as an App rep, not sure if there are any others.

I'm thinking about jumping aboard. The two of us are so active, I doubt we'd need much more to saturate the App boards. We really should get real lives.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking about jumping aboard. The two of us are so active, I doubt we'd need much more to saturate the App boards. We really should get real lives.

I'll throw ya both on cuz there can certainly be more than one for each team. Gringer must not have put your names on the sheet I made cuz I looked this morning and didn't see an update but I'll throw em' in for him.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 2nd, 2012, 03:21 AM
For JMU, it would be Dukester on the CAAZone boards

Here on AGS? I have no idea.

ASUMountaineer
May 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
No you are fine. I am disappointed in them for their complete lack of posts. I am disappointed in you for the posts you make.

Oh come on Ursus. You cut too deep. Is it because I'm not on your nuts like Appaholic?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Oh come on Ursus. You cut too deep. Is it because I'm not on your nuts like Appaholic?

NO!

Why, what did you hear?

Rob Iola
May 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
NO!

Why, what did you hear?

That you're a power bottom...

ursus arctos horribilis
May 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
That you're a power bottom...

People just can't keep their mouth shut anymore.

McNeese72
May 3rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
What? No Griz fans suggesting that great ambassador for the Griz AlphaGriz?????? ;-)

Dooc

Montanan
May 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
as a life long Griz fan I hereby volunteer as a rep for the BSC. that said, I have two provisions:
1) i don't have to be impartial,
2) i don't have to do/submit/post anything.
i hope these provisions meet with your approval, as i am always happy to help out whenever the opportunity arises.xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 3rd, 2012, 10:59 PM
as a life long Griz fan I hereby volunteer as a rep for the BSC. that said, I have two provisions:
1) i don't have to be impartial,
2) i don't have to do/submit/post anything.
i hope these provisions meet with your approval, as i am always happy to help out whenever the opportunity arises.xnodx

I'm adding ya and your second condition will not be met but your first one has a fighting chance.

ASUMountaineer
May 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
People just can't keep their mouth shut anymore.

What did you expect? Seriously, with the company you keep?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
What did you expect? Seriously, with the company you keep?

Certainly not loose lips if ya get me.

ASUMountaineer
May 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Certainly not loose lips if ya get me.

I hear ya. But, sometimes "loose" comes with the territory.

CoastalFan2005
May 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM

CAA
Big South
NEC
MVFC...maybe
SWAC
MEAC
Pioneer
Ivy
or OVC

yet.

I'll volunteer either myself or bodoyle (not sure how much he still hangs around here) for the Big South - at least, for the (hopefully) near future xsmiley_wix xlolx