PDA

View Full Version : BJ Coleman: Local Legend on the verge of fulfilling childhood dream

chattownmocs
April 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
BJ Coleman has been "Chattanooga's QB" since long before he ever enrolled at UT-chattanooga or suited up for the Mocs. Maybe it started when he threw for 382 yards at Finley stadium as a Sophomore at McCallie. Maybe it dates back even further. But for years now the city of Chattanooga has followed their native son. From that 382 yard sophomore performance to his miracle hail mary toss in the state playoffs to his bitter defeat at the state title game as a senior. Coleman has always been our QB, "Chattanooga's QB." The town beamed with pride when Coleman was chosen to play at Tennessee. From his forgettable freshman start against Vandy to being run off by Lane Kiffin the town remained by Coleman even if the rest of the state didn't. When Kiffin proved to be the true traitor Coleman and the Chattanoogans who supported him were vindicated in some ways. Coleman came to Chattanooga with high expectations and in many ways failed to fully meet those expectations. He did however lay a foundation that future players can build upon. So now just days away from the fulfillment of his childhood dream the town waits to to see where the next step in the journey of their QB will begin.

Free press article

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/apr/25/coleman-still-trying-to-be-level-headed/?sports

Apphole
April 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
And now his career is over...

Smitty
April 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
BJ Coleman has been "Chattanooga's QB" since long before he ever enrolled at UT-chattanooga or suited up for the Mocs. Maybe it started when he threw for 300 yards at Finley stadium as a Sophomore at McCallie. Maybe it dates back even further. But for years now the city of Chattanooga has followed their native son. From that 300 yard sophomore performance to his miracle hail mary toss in the state playoffs to his bitter defeat at the state title game as a senior. Coleman has always been our QB, "Chattanooga's QB." The town beamed with pride when Coleman was chosen to play at Tennessee. From his forgettable freshman start against Vandy to being run off by Lane Kiffin the town remained by Coleman even if the rest of the state didn't. When Kiffin proved to be the true traitor Coleman and the Chattanoogans who supported him were vindicated in some ways. Coleman came to Chattanooga with high expectations and in many ways failed to fully meet those expectations. He did however lay a foundation that future players can build upon. So now just days away from the fulfillment of his childhood dream the towns waits to to see where the next step in the journey of their QB will begin.

Free press article

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/apr/25/coleman-still-trying-to-be-level-headed/?sports

For a minute there I thought you wrote that paragraph but then I looked at the link. I am surprised that there may be more people out there just as obsessed with Coleman as you.

blueballs
April 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Wonder if he'll get all CHOKED up on his big day...

chattownmocs
April 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM
For a minute there I thought you wrote that paragraph but then I looked at the link. I am surprised that there may be more people out there just as obsessed with Coleman as you.

You didn't look at the link very closely.

chattownmocs
April 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
And now his career is over...

Well, no it isn't because he is going to get drafted and even if he didn't that still wouldn't be the end.

Apphole
April 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Well, no it isn't because he is going to get drafted and even if he didn't that still wouldn't be the end.

Drafted way late, never see the field and eventually move to Canada or back home to Nooga to work at Chili's.

Gringer1
April 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhUarIwdqp0&feature=related

I visited the link. Now it makes more sense. A little NSFW though.

chattownmocs
April 25th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Drafted way late, never see the field and eventually move to Canada or back home to Nooga to work at Chili's.

Obviously you don't understand the concept of the a career.