PDA

View Full Version : Record crowd of 5,842 attend NDSU Green/Gold Game at Fargodome

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
There should be an official press release shortly. It's currently a 0-0 tie at halftime. Defenses have been dominating today. Our punter is REALLY good.

Anyone else with spring games today know their attendances??

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Montana normally pulls around 5-6K when they make it a traveling show to Billings, Butte, Helena, etc. but this year it was back in town for the first time in 10-12 yrs. and there were 8700 + in the stands with a couple thousand out tailgating/partying beforehand.

Here's a link on it.

http://www.kpax.com/news/annual-griz-spring-game-a-success/

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2012, 03:08 PM
Montana normally pulls around 5-6K when they make it a traveling show to Billings, Butte, Helena, etc. but this year it was back in town for the first time in 10-12 yrs. and there were 8700 + in the stands with a couple thousand out tailgating/partying beforehand.

Here's a link on it.

http://www.kpax.com/news/annual-griz-spring-game-a-success/

Of course the Griz are the model that NDSU football is trying to follow, so I'd expect you guys to bring everyone out to your spring game. 8,700?? That's amazing.

northernfire
April 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM
No big surprise as Missoula knows how to party. Bring on the "Moose Drool" and a thick Montana steak!

NoDak 4 Ever
April 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
81k here today for the OSU spring game. That...is....bananas.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
81k here today for the OSU spring game. That...is....bananas.

Yeah, that is pretty f'n amazing.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Of course the Griz are the model that NDSU football is trying to follow, so I'd expect you guys to bring everyone out to your spring game. 8,700?? That's amazing.

I put a tweet about NDSU's turnout because it's cool to see you guys bringing the heat. That is some damn good #'s that show the growing excitement level and add that to the Championship turnout...great stuff.

Alphagriz put up a slideshow and a couple videos last week on the griz scrimmage. The tailgating pics were my favorite part of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 21st, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that is pretty f'n amazing.

If it had been a little nicer day I would have gone since my wife and kid were free and I would have only had to pay $15 but it's about 45 and rainy.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2012, 04:09 PM
If it had been a little nicer day I would have gone since my wife and kid were free and I would have only had to pay $15 but it's about 45 and rainy.

What the hell? That sounds lik a pretty nice day to guys like from MT & ND doesn't it?xlolx

Bisonator, what was the cost of a ticket to NDSU's scrimmage? MT was $5 I think, beers at the garden were flowing for a couple hours so I'm sure they did a nice little bit of bidness for the spring gamd.

Looks like OSU did over a million though.xbowx

NoDak 4 Ever
April 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
What the hell? That sounds lik a pretty nice day to guys like from MT & ND doesn't it?xlolx

Bisonator, what was the cost of a ticket to NDSU's scrimmage? MT was $5 I think, beers at the garden were flowing for a couple hours so I'm sure they did a nice little bit of bidness for the spring gamd.

OSU donates all profits to charity. I think it's something like 200k after all is said and done. Advanced sales tickets were $7

As for the weather. I've lived here too long, I may have to give up my North Dakota nativity.

Professor Chaos
April 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM

The NDSU spring game was free admission.

frozennorth
April 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/358328/

"The No. 1 defense, the Green team, did it without three regulars on the defensive line. Nose guard Ryan Drevlow, tackle Justin Juckem and end Cole Jirik sat out because of injuries."

defense should be scary good again

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/358328/

"The No. 1 defense, the Green team, did it without three regulars on the defensive line. Nose guard Ryan Drevlow, tackle Justin Juckem and end Cole Jirik sat out because of injuries."

defense should be scary good again

No doubt about it. Already a real technically scheme that has multiple dudes there making tackles and the talent level will not drop on top of that you have experience just building. Spells out bad intention for opposing OC's.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM
The NDSU spring game was free admission.

Hell, they made a mistake there! The $5 wouldn't keep anyone away and they could have paid for a scholorship off of todays game.

Cool it was free for you guys though.

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Nice to see the seniors get thier rings and see freshman ryan stanford play qb entire gme!! & matt jones rb!

NDB
April 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
A penny says this beats the actual attendance of at least one UND home game this year...

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 07:35 PM
A penny says this beats the actual attendance of at least one UND home game this year...

Seeing that the lowest attendance for UND last season was 6279 against DII Sioux Falls, and that UND has a Big Sky Conference schedule..I would say you will lose. Here's a thought....do a post in a NDSU thread without bringing UND in it.

F350KINGRANCH
April 21st, 2012, 08:24 PM
darrel did you go to the und spring game, or do you just copy and paste press releases all day?

DJKyR0
April 21st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Seeing that the lowest attendance for UND last season was 6279 against DII Sioux Falls, and that UND has a Big Sky Conference schedule..I would say you will lose. Here's a thought....do a post in a NDSU thread without bringing UND in it.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/148935_10150820558186970_553266969_11998601_259890 309_n.jpg

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
DJ... HAHA love it.

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 10:20 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/148935_10150820558186970_553266969_11998601_259890 309_n.jpg

No DJ I am not mad. It just makes your fanbase look even worse, when every NDSU thread has to have at least one Bison fan posting smack about UND in a non-smack forum. This isn't Bisonville.

Forbidden activity on the FCS Discussion board:
+ Smack
+ Gambling posts including "line" talk - the posts or thread will be moved to the Lounge board
+ Non-FCS football talk - the posts or thread will be moved to the Lounge/Other Sports board
+ Pro or post-FCS football talk including all-star games etc. - the posts or thread will be moved to the FCS and the Pros board

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2012, 10:24 PM

Best thing you ever posted on AGS, DJ.

NDB
April 21st, 2012, 10:56 PM
It just makes your fanbase look even worse,

worse then what bro?

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 11:19 PM
ndb we bad, cuz we GOOD!

NoDak 4 Ever
April 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
No DJ I am not mad. It just makes your fanbase look even worse, when every NDSU thread has to have at least one Bison fan posting smack about UND in a non-smack forum. This isn't Bisonville.

+ Smack
+ Gambling posts including "line" talk - the posts or thread will be moved to the Lounge board
+ Non-FCS football talk - the posts or thread will be moved to the Lounge/Other Sports board
+ Pro or post-FCS football talk including all-star games etc. - the posts or thread will be moved to the FCS and the Pros board

You know. He's kind of right. There isn't any reason to be all lakes-y here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM

+ Smack

...and you don't troll every NDSU thread.....whatever....xnonox

LakesBison
April 22nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
hes the ONLY poster of his team on the internet's, the jealousy is strong.

darell1976
April 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM

Don't say every....if it wasn't for the UND comment I wouldn't have even posted on this thread.

AmsterBison
April 22nd, 2012, 09:02 PM
I hope next year that attendance is big enough that they open up both the west and the east side. Then Gold fans can be on one side and Green fans on the other.

RabidRabbit
April 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Should try coming back to the Dakotas from the Deep South. That's a real shocker (there's a reason I've not been back Nov to Apr). That weather and no family. No reason (other than a game or two) to return.

Seems this past year would've been the year to venture north.