PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook - Post and Pre season review (Newsday article)

SBUFAN33
April 20th, 2012, 07:55 AM
SBU football coach Priore looks back, looks forward
Published: April 20, 2012 1:17 AM
By STEVEN MARCUS [email protected]

For Stony Brook University football coach Chuck Priore, spring football has been a time for reflection and planning. The session ends Sunday with an intrasquad game at LaValle Stadium at 2 p.m. Admission is free.

Priore recently scrutinized the 2011 season -- the most successful in the university's scholarship era -- and took a glance at 2012, just five months away.

Stony Brook (9-4) won the Big South title over rival Liberty to earn its first berth in the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. The Seawolves beat Albany in the first round, then concluded their playoff run with a 34-27 loss to top-ranked Sam Houston State, which eventually lost to North Dakota State in the FCS championship game.

Read More Here... (http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/sbu-football-coach-priore-looks-back-looks-forward-1.3672134)

Sam_Kats
April 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle. Just sayin... xlolx

Sammy94
April 20th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Besides NDSU, SB was the toughest team we faced in the playoffs. Coker should make them even better. Good luck to SB.

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
With today's CAA news I put the over/under at 40 days for Stony Brook to get a CAA invite.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM
SBU football coach Priore looks back, looks forward
Published: April 20, 2012 1:17 AM
By STEVEN MARCUS [email protected]

For Stony Brook University football coach Chuck Priore, spring football has been a time for reflection and planning. The session ends Sunday with an intrasquad game at LaValle Stadium at 2 p.m. Admission is free.

Priore recently scrutinized the 2011 season -- the most successful in the university's scholarship era -- and took a glance at 2012, just five months away.

Stony Brook (9-4) won the Big South title over rival Liberty to earn its first berth in the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. The Seawolves beat Albany in the first round, then concluded their playoff run with a 34-27 loss to top-ranked Sam Houston State, which eventually lost to North Dakota State in the FCS championship game.

Read More Here... (http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/sbu-football-coach-priore-looks-back-looks-forward-1.3672134)

hey, thanks for posting the story. Not supposed to someone else's work full article though so I edited it and put the link to the rest of the story.

SBU could be really good this year. They impressed me a lot in the playoffs. That game with Albany was fantastic and then traveling to SHSU and giving them all they could handle was impressive as well.xthumbsupx

frozennorth
April 20th, 2012, 01:51 PM
i'm completely on the 'SBU is going to be really good this year' bandwagon

ursus arctos horribilis
April 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
i'm completely on the 'SBU is going to be really good this year' bandwagon

Yeah I have a feeling SBU will get more respect in the AGS Poll (at least early) than they wil lin the other polls just by virtue of us tossng around some threads on them.

Seawolf97
April 20th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Besides NDSU, SB was the toughest team we faced in the playoffs. Coker should make them even better. Good luck to SB.

Have to get you guys in a home and away one of these seasons. It would be a sellout for us.-Good Luck in 2012 !

SBUFAN33
April 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Sorry about the the repost, newsday doesn't allow you to read unless your a subscriber, just trying to spread the word. Looking forward to the spring game to get a feel on this year squad.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Sorry about the the repost, newsday doesn't allow you to read unless your a subscriber, just trying to spread the word. Looking forward to the spring game to get a feel on this year squad.

No problem, some people just aren't aware of protocol on that sort of thing so I figured I'd lend a hand. BTW, the article showed up for me and I'm not a subscriber so I hope it did so for everyone else as well.

Keep it coming though cuz it helps the rest of know about what's going on at SB.

Seawolf97
April 21st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Everyone is very optimistic about the Seawolves this season. We bring back mostly a veteran team with some new additions including Marcus Coker which should make our running game one of the best in FCS. I think we get our first FBS win this year when we visit Army on 9/29. If Adrian Coxson is eligible at WR we will be a force .

SBUFAN33
April 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
From what I heard today the receiver is elgibile. I was a disappointed not to see the 2 backs in today's spring game. It was a horrible day out, I thought the O line looked really well today, both QBs also threw the ball well.

Seawolf97
April 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
From what I heard today the receiver is elgibile. I was a disappointed not to see the 2 backs in today's spring game. It was a horrible day out, I thought the O line looked really well today, both QBs also threw the ball well.

I think coach knows that Maysonet and Cooker are proven backs and with their ability. It was good to see some of newer backs and players get some time and perform well. I'm interested to see Hatcher a true freshman perform . Some say he is built and runs like Gowins plus he is another local Long Island product. Glad to hear Coxson can play this season. There were some questions due his travels from Penn St to Florida to Maryland and now with us. Already looking forward to 9/1.

SBUFAN33
April 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
I think coach knows that Maysonet and Cooker are proven backs and with their ability. It was good to see some of newer backs and players get some time and perform well. I'm interested to see Hatcher a true freshman perform . Some say he is built and runs like Gowins plus he is another local Long Island product. Glad to hear Coxson can play this season. There were some questions due his travels from Penn St to Florida to Maryland and now with us. Already looking forward to 9/1.

Agreed but for those of us who hasn't seen cooker performed in a seawolves uniform, giving him 1 or 2 carries couldn't hurt. But sept1st can't come soon enough. Now for the painful wait for football season....