PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Spring Game Televised Statewide

TheBisonState
April 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
The NDSU Spring Game will be televised Statewide. Good for Bison fans who live on the other side of the state that can't make it to the game.

Are there any other FCS schools that televise their Spring game?

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPID=695&SPSID=11850

LakesBison
April 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
heck, is there even any FBS BCS schools that do this on a statewide station?

NHwildEcat
April 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
We don't even televise out regular season games state wide.

I-16Bandit
April 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
heck, is there even any FBS BCS schools that do this? Minnesota, Wisconsin doesnt.

Most BCS teams were on ESPN3 and the big ones were getting plenty of play time on ESPN.

Georgia Southern doesn't get ours broadcasted because we have an SEC and ACC team in the state, let alone the surrounding SEC and ACC schools. Something that NDSU doesn't have to worry about.

HailSzczur
April 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
heck, is there even any FBS BCS schools that do this? Minnesota, Wisconsin doesnt.

We don't even really do a spring game....

eaglewraith
April 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Most BCS teams were on ESPN3 and the big ones were getting plenty of play time on ESPN.

I know just from a quick glance that ESPN showed the Blue and White (UNC) Game, the Crimson and White (Bama) Game, and the Garnet and Gold (FSU) Game. There might have been more but that was just the few I saw.

So no I guess they don't show them to the entire state....they show them to the entire nation.

eaglewraith
April 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Using Minnesota and Wisconsin as your basis for comparison is the problem here.

LakesBison
April 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
im dumb

TheBisonator
April 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I thought all Big Ten teams got their spring games televised on BTN...

FargoBison
April 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
The Big 10 games are on the Big 10 Network, some are live(all of them might be streamed live on the web) while others are taped delayed.

LakesBison
April 15th, 2012, 06:13 PM
well,, yea.. big 10 has their own network... thats a tad different, i meant by a local statewide stations.

CrazyCat
April 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM
We televised ours back in 2006 0r 2007. Can't remember which but I'm leaning towards Kramer's last spring in '07.

Screamin_Eagle174
April 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
im dumb

POTY nomination! xnodx xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
April 15th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Glad the other 15 people in Western ND can watch.

LakesBison
April 15th, 2012, 10:42 PM
700,000 in nodak and 300,000 in minnesota

TheRevSFA
April 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Well when your local sports choices are the NDSU spring game or curling, or ice fishing, or native american games...football probably is going to win.

darell1976
April 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Well when your local sports choices are the NDSU spring game or curling, or ice fishing, or native american games...football probably is going to win.

Thats a hostile and abusive statement.xlolx

BisonFan02
April 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thats a hostile and abusive statement.xlolx

Not without the word "Fighting" in front of it.... :D

darell1976
April 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BisonFan02 again.

I give you that one.

TheRevSFA
April 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM

Well played. That got repped

bincitysioux
April 17th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Good move by NDSU to buy air-time for this weekend. Good marketing. Lord knows they are way behind the curve as far as TV coverage goes for all of their sports in the area, compared to their peers. Should have been an easy decision for the local stations to bump their usual Saturday fishing shows for a paying customer...........

BisonFan02
April 17th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Good move by NDSU to buy air-time for this weekend. Good marketing. Lord knows they are way behind the curve as far as TV coverage goes for all of their sports in the area, compared to their peers. Should have been an easy decision for the local stations to bump their usual Saturday fishing shows for a paying customer...........

Isn't your game the same day? Care to wager which game is better attended? There is supposed to be about 6-7k attending, but I'm hoping for 1-2k more to meet the "flagship" school's average regular season attendance.

bincitysioux
April 17th, 2012, 01:52 AM
You must have missed the part where I said, "Good move by NDSU"........................

I was complimenting your administration, you fool.................................

BisonFan02
April 17th, 2012, 01:56 AM

Lord knows we are way behind the curve and bumping fishing shows, maybe I missed the enthusiasm or assumed purple font?

bincitysioux
April 17th, 2012, 02:00 AM
You are way behind the curve on TV compared to North Dakota, SDSU, and USD. That's why I was commending NDSU's brass for trying something new.

Now go study for your Eng 101 final...............................

frozennorth
April 17th, 2012, 02:13 AM
You are way behind the curve on TV compared to North Dakota, SDSU, and USD. That's why I was commending NDSU's brass for trying something new.

Now go study for your Eng 101 final...............................

shouldn't you be out delivering pizza's?

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Isn't your game the same day? Care to wager which game is better attended? There is supposed to be about 6-7k attending, but I'm hoping for 1-2k more to meet the "flagship" school's average regular season attendance.

If the flickertails get 500 for their spring game I would be surprised.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
shouldn't you be out delivering pizza's?

LOL.....he and DaveK....LOL

LakesBison
April 17th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Bin NDSU had 10 of 11 games televised statewide oh and 4 PLAYOFF GAMES.

You know, those games AFTER the regular season and not vs naia schools.

NDSU will have more at spring game then your average, HAHAHA

Ps. Ch 11 is playing ndsu game over stanley cup playoff hockey, ouch for u huh....

heath
April 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
im dumb

xthumbsupx More fans will show up for most FBS spring games than tune into lower Canadian TV to watch NDSU.BTW,if it is on at the same time as Moose Weekly,you'll lose viewers xlolx

clenz
April 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
heck, is there even any FBS BCS schools that do this on a statewide station?

Um....the entire big10 is broadcast nation wide....as is the SEC, PAC12, ACC, most of the Big East.....

clenz
April 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Bin NDSU had 10 of 11 games televised statewide oh and 4 PLAYOFF GAMES.

You know, those games AFTER the regular season and not vs naia schools.

NDSU will have more at spring game then your average, HAHAHA

Ps. Ch 11 is playing ndsu game over stanley cup playoff hockey, ouch for u huh....

I thought the media had a bias against NDSU.

AmsterBison
April 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
When NDSU pays to put something on statewide TV, they get to keep also get all the advertising revenue and could end up making some money for the athletic department - also gives the in-house production a chance to hone their skills.

Sure, NDSU has a ways to go before our Spring Game rivals that of some of the established big programs in FCS but, hey, they're making strides in that area (for example, tailgating is being allowed this year.) Any other ideas for making it more of an event?

LakesBison
April 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM
amsterdam ndsu has ways to go to rival established fcs programs? who in fcs had more than 2500-3000 like ndsu did last year?

clenz, if you woulda went and read what i typed, i said i was dumb about the big ten teams, i forgot about the BTN... even though its not broadcast statewide. but you understand, right??xsmiley_wix

I-16Bandit
April 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM
amsterdam ndsu has ways to go to rival established fcs programs? who in fcs had more than 2500-3000 like ndsu did last year?

Georgia Southern, easy. And we have tailgated for years. You aren't special.

LakesBison
April 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
you get 2500-3000 + ? so maybe GSU does.

BisonFan02
April 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I thought Lakes was kidding, but he's right. The spring game is going to cut out a hour and a half of the Bruins/Caps game on NBC....so much for it being in lieu of fishing.

AmsterBison
April 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Georgia Southern, easy. And we have tailgated for years. You aren't special.

Obviously I know that other FCS schools have much bigger spring games than NDSU does. Lakesbison does not (surprise!)

Good luck educating him, I-16.

darell1976
April 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
When NDSU pays to put something on statewide TV, they get to keep also get all the advertising revenue and could end up making some money for the athletic department - also gives the in-house production a chance to hone their skills.

Sure, NDSU has a ways to go before our Spring Game rivals that of some of the established big programs in FCS but, hey, they're making strides in that area (for example, tailgating is being allowed this year.) Any other ideas for making it more of an event?

Why didn't they allow tailgating before?

LakesBison
April 17th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I do work in TV bro... and yes, FCS football trumps nhl hockey playoffs.

I thought Lakes was kidding, but he's right. The spring game is going to cut out a hour and a half of the Bruins/Caps game on NBC....so much for it being in lieu of fishing.

bincitysioux
April 18th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Dudes.................

I said cool idea for NDSU to put their Spring Game on TV.

Tony, how many threads have there been on Bisonville pissing and moaning about NDSU's overall lack of media coverage? At least 30 in the last two years I'd say..........

The fact is that anytime an NDSU game is on NBC in North Dakota is because NDSU buys the air-time. I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with that. That is how it works. Not all that much different than North Dakota forcing Fox Sports to air several football and basketball games in exchange for the right to televise our hockey games.

I wish North Dakota would buy air-time to put our Spring Game on TV.

LakesBison
April 18th, 2012, 12:38 AM
oh ok bin. i can sleep now in my natl champ tshirt

Screamin_Eagle174
April 18th, 2012, 02:50 AM
oh ok bin. i can sleep now in my natl champ tshirt

I thought you slept with an MWILLBABY!!!! blowup doll? xeyebrowx

AmsterBison
April 18th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Why didn't they allow tailgating before?

They didn't want to mess with the setup I guess (security and all that.) Plus, tailgating would have competed with the luncheon they used to have right before the spring game. Remember, NDSU got raked over the coals when they first decided to allow limited tailgating back in 2004 which was eye-opening considering that other schools in the state were already tailgating and even allowed beer sales at games. Bison football is pretty high profile in the state but that also makes it a pretty big target.

AmsterBison
April 18th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Dudes.................

I said cool idea for NDSU to put their Spring Game on TV.

Tony, how many threads have there been on Bisonville pissing and moaning about NDSU's overall lack of media coverage? At least 30 in the last two years I'd say..........

There are not nearly as many complaints about lack of media coverage as before Lakesbison got banned. :) In fact, I don't think there has been much of griping about lack of media coverage since then - the focus has shifted to quality and strategy. For example, there's been an ongoing debate about which channel is better for football: Statewide NBC, Fox College Sports, or Fox Sports North (not sure if MidCo even gets considered even though their broadcasts are pretty good.)

LakesBison
April 20th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Is it gametime yet?

NDSU spring game pre-empting NHL playoffs, shows how no one carrs about NHL haha

Tony is right, game coverage has ben better, its the back handed jealousy of anti-ndsu crowd in local media

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Easily 5000-6000 fans at fargodome. Lots of tailgating.

Pretty cool natl champ ring ceremony!!

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
freshman rb from arizona Matt Jones looking good. His QB ryan stanford has played every snap.for.green team.

Brock jensen/esly thortan splitting qb for gold.

Lots of punts, defense is just too dam.good.

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
5842 official attendence.....but doesnt include.the drunk tailgators that snuck in the side door

I-16Bandit
April 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM
5842 official attendence.....but doesnt include.the drunk tailgators that snuck in the side door

Don't start sounding like Georgia State.