PDA

View Full Version : PL Preview Continues... #6 Holy Cross

colgate13
June 14th, 2006, 12:36 PM
The preview is now up: link (http://colgate13.blogspot.com)

When doing my research I shuffled my order around a bit, so Holy Cross at #6 might be a surprise. After looking harder at rosters, I think it's justified.

Fordham
June 14th, 2006, 12:52 PM
<phew!>

colgate13
June 14th, 2006, 12:57 PM
<phew!>

Without Prydatko and Taylor getting fifth years, you'd be reading about Fordham! With them, that's two proven players that can 'beat up' on the second tier teams. :nod:

carney2
June 14th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Another well done, Mr. 13. Not much for me to contest in this write-up. I will mention however, that last year's HC win @ Lehigh was a fluke: played in the all-time record 24 hour rainfall for Bethlehem (10 - 13 inches, depending on where you were standing), with Lehigh fumbling something like 10 times. Although both teams played on the same field, it took something truly out of the ordinary for this upset to occur.

Oh yeah, without that rain and those fumbles, Lehigh might have been playing on Thanksgiving weekend instead of Colgate - or instead of Lafayette. At the very least we would have had a muddled mess with 3 teams at 6 - 1 in the League.

Go...gate
June 14th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Nicely done, 13.

TheValleyRaider
June 14th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Another well done, Mr. 13. Not much for me to contest in this write-up. I will mention however, that last year's win against Lehigh was a fluke: played in the all-time record 24 hour rainfall for Bethlehem (10 - 13 inches, depending on where you were standing), with Lehigh fumbling something like 10 times. Although both teams played on the same field, it took something truly out of the ordinary for this upset to occur.

Oh yeah, without that rain and those fumbles, Lehigh might have been playing on Thanksgiving weekend instead of Colgate - or instead of Lafayette. At the very least we would have had a muddled mess with 3 teams at 6 - 1 in the League.

We woulda beaten Lehigh if they hadn't lost to HC. After we beat 'em, it's clear we were just overconfident and didn't think we needed to play our best :D