PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if the ASU QB

Dukester
June 14th, 2006, 09:01 AM
had surgery on his shoulder this week? A friend of mine heard this last week at a football camp. :confused:

June 14th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Trey Elder?

Dukester
June 14th, 2006, 09:15 AM
That's what I heard. I believe the information is correct, but I'm not 100% sure................

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 09:18 AM
That's what I heard. I believe the information is correct, but I'm not 100% sure................

Haven't heard a word about that from the ASU crowd.
The rumor mill also had it that Buzz Peterson was named head basketball coach at College of Charleston. So far the College of Charleston haven't heard that.:D

FURMANFAN
June 14th, 2006, 10:43 AM
FYI. I heard on a talk show here in SC that Trey had surgery yesterday. I didn't hear the entire interview, but something was said about a bone spur.

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 10:55 AM
FYI. I heard on a talk show here in SC that Trey had surgery yesterday. I didn't hear the entire interview, but something was said about a bone spur.
Hey, since trey is from SC, it makes sense that it would be discussed down there.
Bone spurs aren't too big of a deal if that is what it is. Ligaments, etc , get more iffy.
We need that arm in top shape to take on the Dins, Iggles, Dukes, etc.

89Hen
June 14th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I heard the surgury was to remove his fumblitis.

Dukester
June 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Hey, since trey is from SC, it makes sense that it would be discussed down there.
Bone spurs aren't too big of a deal if that is what it is. Ligaments, etc , get more iffy.
We need that arm in top shape to take on the Dins, Iggles, Dukes, etc.

He'll just need his legs when he faces the Dukes. :smiley_wi

HiHiYikas
June 14th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I heard the surgury was to remove his fumblitis.
you can't surgically remove fumbilitis, you can only treat it with antibiotics.

PS - funniest disease name ever, is funnier when it afflicts somebody else's QB

BigApp
June 14th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Now, I thought we weren't supposed to post unsubstatiated rumours and innuendo on this site?? Or does that only apply to certain teams??

jmuroller
June 14th, 2006, 02:55 PM
this is not good when your QB has surgery on his shoulder right before the season

June 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Now, I thought we weren't supposed to post unsubstatiated rumours and innuendo on this site?? Or does that only apply to certain teams??Definition:
I-AA Discussion
This board is for general I-AA talk and topics, newspaper articles/scuttlebutt/speculation, and published "official" news. No smack. Low noise, reasoned opinions, and linked notices for the entire I-AA community. See the terms of service for rules.

jmuroller
June 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM
so...is this true or not?

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 03:27 PM
so...is this true or not?

Bone spur to take a whole two weeks to heal. Unfortunately he will be ready in plenty of time for JMU. i believe the surgery was LAST week.

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 03:29 PM
He'll just need his legs when he faces the Dukes. :smiley_wi
Nope. JMU will just need some legs to catch 4 or 5 of his receivers as well as Richardson.
Wanna bet who gets the most sacks in the game? JMU or App? And which QB gets the most yards rushing?

jmuroller
June 14th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Nope. JMU will just need some legs to catch 4 or 5 of his receivers as well as Richardson.
Wanna bet who gets the most sacks in the game? JMU or App? And which QB gets the most yards rushing?

I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. Rascati doesn't get sacked. He's the most elusive QB I've seen in a long time. And considering we don't throw the ball alot....I'm pretty sure we win this one going away.

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Has he faced Murrell and our 17 returning starters?
I saw where he did face Coastal last year. Sort of.
And Elder faced Coastal.

Ros was stopped at the line 3 times and sacked once.
Elder was not sacked and not stopped on a rush.
Ros was 9 for 42 rushing.
Elder was 4 for 28 rushing.

Oughta be a fun day.

89Hen
June 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM
JMU or App? And which QB gets the most yards rushing?
I'll take Rascati.

JMU Duke Dog
June 14th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'll take Rascati.

:bow:

I side with the AGS Elder!

BigApp
June 14th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Definition:

Gee, Ralph...was it really all that long ago (2/12/2006) when responding to something you viewed as unsubstantiated, you said:

My advise would be to not take what you read on messageboards as fact unless there is substantiation. :nod:

or when you said (2/13/2006):

Sure, let me read in a publication that the AD said something then she/he is on the line for it. You know how some folks say something off the record sometimes...

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I'll take Rascati.

You may be right. After he has a couple passes run back for TD's, he may resort to running.

JMU Duke Dog
June 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
You may be right. After he has a couple passes run back for TD's, he may resort to running.

:nono: Have you ever even seen Rascati play?

JMU Duke Dog
June 14th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Also JMU's offensive line could be this in 2006:

LT Davis 6'4" 340
LG Eason 6'1" 320
C Lemn 6'2" 270
RG Apted 6'5" 320
RT Martin 6'4" 345

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM

LT Davis 6'4" 340
LG Eason 6'1" 320
C Lemn 6'2" 270
RG Apted 6'5" 320
RT Martin 6'4" 345

Please don't tell me it was the same guys who faced mighty Coastal last year. How many All-Americans in that list?

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM
:nono: Have you ever even seen Rascati play?

Just the clip of Coastal sacking him.
I assume you did see Elder play when they beat Furman in the play-offs.

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM

LT Davis 6'4" 340
LG Eason 6'1" 320
C Lemn 6'2" 270
RG Apted 6'5" 320
RT Martin 6'4" 345

...and LSU's was something like that..only faster and ranked #1 in the nation.

dukepride
June 14th, 2006, 07:27 PM
i will take up this bet. I am going to go with Rascati. Elder will also have to deal with Kevin Winston who is also a preseason 1st team all-american along with murrell

June 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Now, I thought we weren't supposed to post unsubstatiated rumours and innuendo on this site?? Or does that only apply to certain teams??
Gee, Ralph...was it really all that long ago (2/12/2006) when responding to something you viewed as unsubstantiated, you said: "My advise would be to not take what you read on messageboards as fact unless there is substantiation."Yep. My advice is still that until there is substantiation, you don't accept rumor as fact. Problem with that?:confused:

BigDukeDawg
June 14th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Please don't tell me it was the same guys who faced mighty Coastal last year. How many All-Americans in that list?

Actually only one of those played in the coastal game, and i really hope you're not basing your whole JMU football expectations on that bull**** of a football game

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Actually only one of those played in the coastal game, and i really hope you're not basing your whole JMU football expectations on that bull**** of a football game

heh heh nope, it's just the only common opponent we had last year. there was plenty of bull **** leading up to our game with them, too.

The JMU-ASU game should be a lot of fun for all fans. '04 NC's vs '05 NC's!!

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
i will take up this bet. I am going to go with Rascati. Elder will also have to deal with Kevin Winston who is also a preseason 1st team all-american along with murrell

A number of organizations released their all-America teams during the holiday season and the Mountaineers continue rake in the honors. The I-AA.org National All-Star Team included Williams, junior offensive tackle Matt Isenhour, Murrell, and sophomore defensive back Corey Lynch, Don Hansen’s Football Gazette tabbed both Hunter and Murrell as first-team honorees and Williams and sophomore running back Kevin Richardson as third-team selections and CollegeSportsReport.com named Murrell to its first team and Hunter and Williams to its third team. In all, seven Mountaineers (Hunter, Isenhour, Lynch, Murrell, Richardson, junior defensive back Jeremy Wiggins and Williams) have earned 2005 all-America recognition, the most ever at ASU. Perhaps even more impressively, five of the seven all-Americans (Isenhour, Lynch, Murrell, Richardson and Wiggins) return for the Mountaineers in ‘06.

I see your all-American and raise you 4. Gonna hold-em or fold-em?xcoffeex

June 14th, 2006, 08:18 PM
...The I-AA.org National All-Star Team included...THE I-AA.ORG 2005 ALL-STAR TEAM
I-AA Playoff Most Valuable Player: Jason Hunter, DE, Appalachian State
T Matt Isenhour, Appalachian State
QB Richie Williams Appalachian State
DE Marques Murrell, Appalachian State
SS Corey Lynch, Appalachian State

http://i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=565

SoCon48
June 14th, 2006, 08:49 PM
THE I-AA.ORG 2005 ALL-STAR TEAM
I-AA Playoff Most Valuable Player: Jason Hunter, DE, Appalachian State
T Matt Isenhour, Appalachian State
QB Richie Williams Appalachian State
DE Marques Murrell, Appalachian State
SS Corey Lynch, Appalachian State

http://i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=565

JMU had Matt Majerko. I assume he graduated??

jmuroller
June 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM
We're terrible. Honestly, why should we even show up?

CrunchGriz
June 15th, 2006, 01:22 AM

You're the champs...wear that bullseye with pride!

CrunchGriz
June 15th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Has he faced Murrell and our 17 returning starters?
I saw where he did face Coastal last year. Sort of.
And Elder faced Coastal.

Opposing QBs last year faced seventeen starters?!? No wonder your defense was so good! ;)

SoCon48
June 15th, 2006, 05:51 AM
It's a new innovative defensive formation. I was wondering why no one else had thought of it.

SoCon48
June 15th, 2006, 05:52 AM
We're terrible. Honestly, why should we even show up?

That's what I was wondering.

89Hen
June 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I assume you did see Elder play when they beat Furman in the play-offs.
I did, that's why I made the fumblitis comment. Trey's got some greasy fingers.:twocents:

JMU Duke Dog
June 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Justin Rascati
-Ranked 3rd in all of I-AA for completion percentage in 2005
-Ranked 8th in all of I-AA for QB rating in 2005
-Ranked 11th in all of I-AA for yards per attempt in 2005

Justin Rascati can also run with the ball pretty well. He has had 15 rushing touchdowns in his two seasons of playing for JMU. In 2005 he rushed for 65 yards in one game at William & Mary and rushed for 65 yards in a later game at home against Towson.

GannonFan
June 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Justin Rascati
-Ranked 3rd in all of I-AA for completion percentage in 2005
-Ranked 8th in all of I-AA for QB rating in 2005
-Ranked 11th in all of I-AA for yards per attempt in 2005

...And he was ranked 84th out of 104 I-AA QB's in passes attempted per game. Come on, Rascati's a nice player, but in that offense he's just not that involved enough to be the player some of you are making him out to be. When he's handing the ball off 75% of the time, even Joe Montana would be diminished. Maybe if he was in the UNH offense he could be a Santos, but that isn't reality - he's the JMU QB and they are going to run the ball about 3 out of 4 plays.

SoCon48
June 15th, 2006, 02:16 PM
...And he was ranked 84th out of 104 I-AA QB's in passes attempted per game. Come on, Rascati's a nice player, but in that offense he's just not that involved enough to be the player some of you are making him out to be. When he's handing the ball off 75% of the time, even Joe Montana would be diminished. Maybe if he was in the UNH offense he could be a Santos, but that isn't reality - he's the JMU QB and they are going to run the ball about 3 out of 4 plays.

Just thanking our stars he isn't Santos.

SoCon48
June 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
I did, that's why I made the fumblitis comment. Trey's got some greasy fingers.:twocents:
That was as a soph. Richie Williams did too back then.

GannonFan
June 16th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Just thanking our stars he isn't Santos.

It wouldn't matter if Santos was QB'ing JMU if they still ran the same offense. All he'd be doing most of the time would be handing the ball off too. It will always be speculative about how good a QB really is when he's in a offense that doesn't in any way feature the QB.

BigApp
June 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
You're the champs...wear that bullseye with pride!

Crunch, no one is more proud or happy about whom the champeen is.

The issue here is that an (still) unsubstantiated rumour has been posted, and by Ralph's own definition, it must be in a print form (official press release, newspaper article, etc) somewhere before it is allowed to be on here.:read:

But, as I have now learned, that apparently is only the case in regards to certain issues and certain schools. I guess Ralph is still sore over that beat down SIU got in Boone 6 months ago.:asswhip:

Apparently a poster on our board saw Trey Elder at the local Outlet mall yesterday and saw nothing that resembled a post-op patient. :)

89Hen
June 16th, 2006, 10:59 AM
That was as a soph.
xcoffeex So the fumblitis surgury went well? That's not something easily cured.

SoCon48
June 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM
We shall see, If he's in the NC game, you can pretty much assume it's been cured.

blueballs
June 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM
That was as a soph. Richie Williams did too back then.

As much as it pains me (a GSU fan) to say it, Elder will be a fine player for the Clampetts. I'd be surprised if he is able to carry either himself or his team to Williams' level, but he can still be a very good player and I think he will.

Richie had his problems too at times, see the GSU game in 2004 for a reference, but still took his team to a level not achieved in Boone before he was done, left a hero and will probably have his number retired.

Dukester
June 16th, 2006, 01:38 PM

The issue here is that an (still) unsubstantiated rumour has been posted, and by Ralph's own definition, it must be in a print form (official press release, newspaper article, etc) somewhere before it is allowed to be on here.:read:

But, as I have now learned, that apparently is only the case in regards to certain issues and certain schools. I guess Ralph is still sore over that beat down SIU got in Boone 6 months ago.:asswhip:

Apparently a poster on our board saw Trey Elder at the local Outlet mall yesterday and saw nothing that resembled a post-op patient. :)

This poster on yours boards said this........

To: ALL (2 of 4)

14185.2 in reply to 14185.1

I was talking to Steve Breitenstein of WHS yesterday and his son Seth who is an ASU player came in and said Elder's operation revealed no rotator problem and he is expected back to normal in about two weeks. Don't know what necessitated the surgery but they thought rotator would have kept him out until a week before NCSU and one to two games. All looks ok now.

Man Big App, don't know why you got so upset. I just heard it from a buddy who attended a camp at Wake last week, and was just trying to figure out what actually happened.

jmuroller
June 16th, 2006, 10:38 PM

Actually the original poster asked a simple question. He told what he heard and wanted to see if anyone else had heard. Some heard that he did so they told what they knew. Why are you so offensive about it? It's not like we said "ASU is not HOT HOT HOT!" That has already been proven true by that beautiful video put out by your university.

eaglesrthe1
June 17th, 2006, 12:19 AM

Ralph's definition.
I-AA Discussion
This board is for general I-AA talk and topics, newspaper articles/scuttlebutt/speculation, and published "official" news. No smack. Low noise, reasoned opinions, and linked notices for the entire I-AA community. See the terms of service for rules.

Chill.

SoCon48
June 17th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Actually the original poster asked a simple question. He told what he heard and wanted to see if anyone else had heard. Some heard that he did so they told what they knew. Why are you so offensive about it? It's not like we said "ASU is not HOT HOT HOT!" That has already been proven true by that beautiful video put out by your university.

And we all know JMU was NOT NOT NOT last year. Coastal proved it.xlolx

BigDukeDawg
June 17th, 2006, 08:38 AM
hahah i cant wait to go to Boone, anybody know whats the earliest u can start tailgating at App State, like friday nite or somethin?? AND do they got a nice tailgating spot down there?

BigApp
June 17th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Man Big App, don't know why you got so upset..

I'm not upset, I apologize for appearing so.

[/QUOTE]I just heard it from a buddy who attended a camp at Wake last week, and was just trying to figure out what actually happened.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for re-iterating my position. On previous threads, Ralph has made it clear that this is classified as an unsubstantiated rumor, and before he will allow it to be posted, he would need to see it in print somewhere. Want to see what I am referring to? Check out the ASU 2006 schedule thread <http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7785&highlight=schedule+2006> in the Smack forum. Even banned a poster because of it.

I am only trying to figure out what is and isn't allowed here. Just axin' for some consistency, that's all. :read:

BigApp
June 17th, 2006, 10:23 AM
hahah i cant wait to go to Boone, anybody know whats the earliest u can start tailgating at App State, like friday nite or somethin?? AND do they got a nice tailgating spot down there?

We're already tailgatin'! You're late!

jmuroller
June 17th, 2006, 11:53 AM
And we all know JMU was NOT NOT NOT last year. Coastal proved it.xlolx

Let's see here

Combined 04/05 records

JMU 20-6
Appy 18-8

Both have a Nat'l Championship so all is well in both camps. But 20 wins in the A10 over 2 years trumps 18 in the SoCon anytime.

SoCon48
June 17th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Let's see here

But 20 wins in the A10 over 2 years trumps 18 in the SoCon anytime.

In YOUR opinion.

Another stat for your file. ASU is 10-3 vs JMU.

June 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM
... Ralph has made it clear that this is classified as an unsubstantiated rumor, and before he will allow it to be posted, he would need to see it in print somewhere... I am only trying to figure out what is and isn't allowed here...I already posted the board definition. This is not the Mountaineer Message Board, this is the national board. I don't "allow" stuff to be posted. There is a group of moderators and a Board of Directors that run AGS. I am only a spokesperson.

If it is a rumor then that's what it is. It was not posted as fact (which requires substantiation). Like eaglesrthe1 advised you, chill.

Tribe4SF
June 17th, 2006, 09:08 PM

Parking lots at the base of the hill. If you've got older folks in your group, count on several stops climbing that sucker to the stadium.

rokamortis
June 17th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Parking lots at the base of the hill. If you've got older folks in your group, count on several stops climbing that sucker to the stadium.

They also have one overlooking the stadium. That one is a hike, literally.

jmuroller
June 18th, 2006, 12:08 PM
http://www.progressiveboink.com/jon/images/appalachian/14.JPG

jmuroller
June 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM
In YOUR opinion.

Let's be honest here. The A10 is one of, if not THE toughest conference's top to bottom. That can not be argued.

The SoCon is comprised of the Big Three and the rest are weaklings. Besides Appy, GSU, and Furman, how many times has anyone else made the playoffs in the past 10 years or so? Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm loving this talk though. One thing we can agree on is that it will be a great game.

JMU Duke Dog
June 19th, 2006, 01:35 PM
In YOUR opinion.

Another stat for your file. ASU is 10-3 vs JMU.

Something for your file, when was the last time these two teams met?

:read:

IT WAS 1995! OVER A DECADE AGO!

JMU is now a completely different football program than the last time your Mountaineers faced the Dukes!

:nod:

Dukester
June 19th, 2006, 01:38 PM
After beating JMU - I'm sure CCU was caught overlooking ASU. :eyebrow:

SoCon48
June 19th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Something for your file, when was the last time these two teams met?

:read:

IT WAS 1995! OVER A DECADE AGO!

JMU is now a completely different football program than the last time your Mountaineers faced the Dukes!

:nod:
Well, actually it was 1992. And I should hope so.

SoCon48
June 19th, 2006, 02:45 PM
After beating JMU - I'm sure CCU was caught overlooking ASU. :eyebrow:
Yeah. That's it. Yeah, that's what it was.

JMU Duke Dog
June 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Well, actually it was 1992. And I should hope so.

:nono:

Do you not remember your 31-24 victory in Boone against JMU on November 25, 1995?

http://www.diaafootball.com/vt000459000280.html

SoCon48
June 19th, 2006, 04:57 PM
:nono:

Do you not remember your 31-24 victory in Boone against JMU on November 25, 1995?

http://www.diaafootball.com/vt000459000280.html

Oh, I was just looking at the reg season. I forgot about that little episode.:hurray:
It's amazing how a sorry little ol SoCon team managed to defeat an A-10 team. (ASU is 15-8 vs the A-10 BTW)

89Hen
June 19th, 2006, 05:19 PM
(ASU is 15-8 vs the A-10 BTW)
You've never beaten the Hens.:p

June 19th, 2006, 05:49 PM
this thread is dead... and degenerating quickly...

SoCon48
June 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
You've never beaten the Hens.:p
Only because we haven't played them. We let cellar dweller The Citadel take care of our light work.