PDA

View Full Version : FCS/FBS

FanofFCS
April 8th, 2012, 04:38 AM
TSN looked at the FCS/FBS schedule of Games

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_4_7_2012.htm

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - March Madness may have whet the appetite with dreams of upsets, but the small-school triumphs are much easier to be had on the hardwood than the gridiron.

Last year, six FCS programs did more than take a guaranteed payday from an FBS school, they went out and beat the big boys on their home fields.

It doesn't happen often, so the wins stand out.

That made it easy to see in September what was coming in January. North Dakota State and Sam Houston State beat Minnesota and New Mexico, respectively, on the same day. The momentum helped guide them to the FCS national championship game, where North Dakota State beat Sam Houston.

This season, there will be 106 FCS-versus-FBS matchups, including four games involving South Alabama, Texas State and UTSA, programs which are transitioning out of the FCS to the FBS.

Following is a conference-by-conference breakdown of the matchups (the non- scholarship Ivy and Pioneer leagues don't play FBS schools):

katstrapper
April 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Kats had to fill holes in schedule with the departure of Tx State and UTSA to the WAC.

HandoEX
April 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
NDSU should go to 6-3 against FBS opponents over the last seven years after the game against Colorado State this fall.

Seawolf97
April 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
StonyBrook over Army a real possibility. That would be sweet for our first FBS win.

Silenoz
April 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Probably the best lineup of Big Sky games in awhile

I-16Bandit
April 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
NDSU should go to 6-3 against bottom-tier, piss-poor FBS opponents over the last seven years after the game against Colorado State this fall.

FIFY

gotts
April 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
NDSU should go to 6-3 against FBS opponents over the last seven years after the game against Colorado State this fall.

FIFY

Still counts as a W and an extra win could get you, oh I don't know, say, home field in the playoffs? :D

NDB
April 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM
FIFY

I-16Bandit.

Why even lower yourself to posting on this thread?

Georgia Southern is 19-0 in FBS moral victories, including 1 actual victory against against first year move up FIU in 2004.

Why don't you tell me more about the vaunted triple option...

word
April 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
35-7

Hammerhead
April 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM
NDSU hasn't played any top-25 FBS teams, but you have to be proud of whipping the MAC champion 44-14. http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1246882

chattownmocs
April 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Apparently if Chattanooga plays well against South Florida it will cause East Carolina to tighten up. Based on this article I am giving Chattanooga the credit if Appalachian State beats East Carolina.

Apphole
April 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Apparently if Chattanooga plays well against South Florida it will cause East Carolina to tighten up. Based on this article I am giving Chattanooga the credit if Appalachian State beats East Carolina.

I was wondering about that as well

I-16Bandit
April 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
You guys are waaaaaaay too easy and predictable.

Screamin_Eagle174
April 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Probably the best lineup of Big Sky games in awhile

Agreed, there's actually a handful of plausible upsets.