PDA

View Full Version : Good Video Piece On Griz Coach Timm Rosenbach

ursus arctos horribilis
March 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Mentions his time around Missoula, as well as at EWU, and the NFL.

Good work by gogriz.com again, I really like what they are doing with that site.

http://www.gogriz.com/allaccess/?media=312622

griz5700
March 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Agreed! That was sweet! Think the $80 a year subscription keeps a lot of people away though, as it should. I already pay $900 for my 2 season tickets, don't bend me over for some videos. Although I'm not entirely sure how the All Access works (as this video didn't require All Access), just know it's definitely not worth $80/year.

As for Rosenbach, I really like the hire. Having attended numerous practices and scrimmages with Smith as OC, his demeanor always seemed very timid. I honestly never heard him raise his voice or really show any passion. Maybe it's because he was disgusted with Pflugrad and couldn't wait to get out of Missoula - they weren't exactly buddies. xslapfightx

That video convinced me that Rosenbach will be a great addition to this staff. Should be interesting to see what wrinkles he adds to Pflu's offense.

GO GRIZ!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Agreed! That was sweet! Think the $80 a year subscription keeps a lot of people away though, as it should. I already pay $900 for my 2 season tickets, don't bend me over for some videos. Although I'm not entirely sure how the All Access works (as this video didn't require All Access), just know it's definitely not worth $80/year.

As for Rosenbach, I really like the hire. Having attended numerous practices and scrimmages with Smith as OC, his demeanor always seemed very timid. I honestly never heard him raise his voice or really show any passion. Maybe it's because he was disgusted with Pflugrad and couldn't wait to get out of Missoula - they weren't exactly buddies. xslapfightx

That video convinced me that Rosenbach will be a great addition to this staff. Should be interesting to see what wrinkles he adds to Pflu's offense.

GO GRIZ!

Truth, I too like the fire and involvement style he has. I hope it makes the players much more attentive to details and makes the Griz just a little better on the tasks they perform.

Excited to see how this all comes together this season.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Truth, I too like the fire and involvement style he has. I hope it makes the players much more attentive to details and makes the Griz just a little better on the tasks they perform.

Excited to see how this all comes together this season.

This statement from a few days ago goes directly to what happened today. The main thing I liked about his hiring was that he seems like a "no bull****" guy that doesn't work real loosey goosey.

Anyway, it's my thought he's gonna be the interim HC for the year...anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Squealofthepig
March 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM
This statement from a few days ago goes directly to what happened today. The main thing I liked about his hiring was that he seems like a "no bull****" guy that doesn't work real loosey goosey.

Anyway, it's my thought he's gonna be the interim HC for the year...anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

That sounds reasonable, unless you read into the article from SI that said a new coach would be announced by the end of the week - which would indicate something was already in the works (which I'd say is unlikely, though possible) or someone would be promoted from within (more likely, and for which Rosenbach would seem to be a good bet, especially given the recent hire and lack of involvement with the previous staff).

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Based on the Timing, I think we are probably going to have to go the interim route. I doubt there are many head coaching candidates hanging around, especially considering they would have to be willing to work with the current assistants at Montana, or be able to fill those roles really quickly.

One interesting name I have heard being thrown around is Paul Wulff. My best guess would be that either Rosenbach or Gregorak will get the spot. This is really tough timing though.

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM
That sounds reasonable, unless you read into the article from SI that said a new coach would be announced by the end of the week - which would indicate something was already in the works (which I'd say is unlikely, though possible) or someone would be promoted from within (more likely, and for which Rosenbach would seem to be a good bet, especially given the recent hire and lack of involvement with the previous staff).

I haven't seen the SI article, do you have a link?

Squealofthepig
March 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I haven't seen the SI article, do you have a link?

Very odd - the previous version is gone and has been replaced by:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/wires/03/29/2060.ap.fbc.montana.coach.fired.0187/index.html

Which no longer makes mention of the "by end of week", though it was there earlier. :/ I'm guessing that that part may have been in error and corrected by omission.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Based on the Timing, I think we are probably going to have to go the interim route. I doubt there are many head coaching candidates hanging around, especially considering they would have to be willing to work with the current assistants at Montana, or be able to fill those roles really quickly.

One interesting name I have heard being thrown around is Paul Wulff. My best guess would be that either Rosenbach or Gregorak will get the spot. This is really tough timing though.

I'm sorry, nothing against Gregorak but I don't think that considering the tenuous situation it would go his way. It may just be my perception but some people have had not kind things to say about run ins with him. He may not be the stabilizing force that they are gonna be looking for.

I got no information that should be based on but just my feeling on the matter.

Squealofthepig
March 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Uncle Rico - the wordage on the "by end of week" is correct, and was included in emails sent to UM Students and Faculty:

The University will announce an interim athletics director and interim head coach by the end of the week.

From http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/university-of-montana-fires-o-day-pflugrad-1.2832737 (1:30 update part)

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 29th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry, nothing against Gregorak but I don't think that considering the tenuous situation it would go his way. It may just be my perception but some people have had not kind things to say about run ins with him. He may not be the stabilizing force that they are gonna be looking for.

I got no information that should be based on but just my feeling on the matter.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I agree with you. At this point I'm sure the Griz will go after someone that will be viewed as a no nonsense kind of guy. I think Gregorak is a great coach but might not be what the administration is looking for based on some previous issues. Here's to hoping whoever lands in the top spot is able to get things clicking quickly.

ursus arctos horribilis
Uncle Rico - the wordage on the "by end of week" is correct, and was included in emails sent to UM Students and Faculty:

From http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/university-of-montana-fires-o-day-pflugrad-1.2832737 (1:30 update part)

It's Sundberg and Rosenbach I got a real strong suspicion.

OR

Could Don Read be coming back again to clean up a mess...he could be coach and the AD.:D

Uncle Rico's Clan

I appreciate the links.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I agree with you. At this point I'm sure the Griz will go after someone that will be viewed as a no nonsense kind of guy. I think Gregorak is a great coach but might not be what the administration is looking for based on some previous issues. Here's to hoping whoever lands in the top spot is able to get things clicking quickly.

I don't even care if they get things clicking in the "fan sense" real quickly. That's something I wish would go back to the old days when you went to a game HOPING things went right and you got the win instead of EXPECTING that even if the ball doesn't your way you deserve a win.

Whoa, I almost pulled out my soapbox there. I'll stop where I'm at.:D

frozennorth
March 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Paul Wulff.

would be a good hire. his work was doomed to be undervalued at wsu.