PDA

View Full Version : NDSU S. John Pike signs pro deal..

LakesBison
March 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM
http://www.stuttgart-scorpions.de/news/2012/02/28/die-defense-bekommt-zuwachs-aus-uebersee-db-john-w-pike

someone who can read german, translate!! haha

ursus arctos horribilis
March 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.stuttgart-scorpions.de/news/2012/02/28/die-defense-bekommt-zuwachs-aus-uebersee-db-john-w-pike

The defense continues to expand overseas - DB John W. Pike

After quarterback Tom Schneider, the Stuttgart Scorpions have the 22-year-old defensive back John Pike the next US-Americans for the upcoming season required.

Pike, who learned at the age of 12 years, ABC was the football in recent years, active for the North Dakota State University, where he was employed as a cornerback and safety. He also came in over the years as a receiver, long snapper and holder used.

With North Dakota State, he experienced in January of this year, the biggest moment of his career. In the NCAA Division I championship game in Frisco, Texas, beat the bison, also thanks John Pike of an interception in the last quarter, the team of Sam Houston State University with 17-6 and won the first time in history at the University of the title.

After Germany, he now comes to the Scorpions "in every possible way to help me to win, and become a better football player to be" as he says himself. This led to take the step across the pond, it has the opportunity to get to know another part of the world and the chance to continue playing football at a professional level.

That he is familiar with German culture already well, he proved the answer to the question "What it the word" Germany "think of first?" The Oktoberfest.

citdog
March 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM

i'm pretty sure it's anti semetic.

LakesBison
March 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Haha good luck to PIKE!!

Dane96
March 21st, 2012, 10:50 PM
League is DII football at best, more on par with good DIII. Semi-Pro.

Colin Disch for Albany and a couple of others have played there, and my company sponsors the Monchengladbach team that play in a 10,000 seat field hockey stadium next to Borussia Park. One of our employees plays DTackle..and the guy is about 6' 225. The Borussia team had a kid from Penn State at RB, Rodney Kinlaw and Colin Clancy of CSU-Pueblo at QB.

Hey, great to get the experience overseas...never knock that...but it should not be looked at anything bigger than that, a chance to see another culture.

Here are some highlights of the Mavericks, who are now defunct for the time being, to give you an idea of what kind of foozeball is being played. First video was a Regionalla game. Second, is a highlight reel of Adam Goboloski who played for Stuttegart last year in the Top League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWKUKzVbAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqej4kTEf8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ItroSd2KM

LakesBison
March 22nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Pike said "my family had a contact over there and I just thought it'd be a good experience and then they actually said they paid pretty good so what the hell"

props to him for being honest. haha.

Dane96
March 22nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Exactly...it will be a ton of fun for him. Stuttgart is one city I have not been too yet (I head to Germany every 6-8 weeks to get "re-programed" by our parent company), but if he is smart he will just get his butt on train every chance he has in order to see the country. Forgetting that horrific-time in their history, Germany is a really, really beautiful country that shocked me the first time I visited. And most cities are usually within a 1-2 hr ride from Stuttgart, with some exceptions like Munich and Hamburg.

He should have a good time there...but the food...meh, not so much after awhile.

344Johnson
March 22nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Exactly...it will be a ton of fun for him. Stuttgart is one city I have not been too yet (I head to Germany every 6-8 weeks to get "re-programed" by our parent company), but if he is smart he will just get his butt on train every chance he has in order to see the country. Forgetting that horrific-time in their history, Germany is a really, really beautiful country that shocked me the first time I visited. And most cities are usually within a 1-2 hr ride from Stuttgart, with some exceptions like Munich and Hamburg.

He should have a good time there...but the food...meh, not so much after awhile.

the one city people want to see haha. Apparently from what I hear Dresden is absolutely beautiful, he better check on that too.

Dane96
March 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Dresden isn't necessarily beautiful...it is interesting. I happened to be going through there one-weekend on my way to Praha (Prague) and stopped in for a bit. It also happened to be when they were re-dedicating the church that was carpet-bombed by RAF at the end of the war. Interestingly, the wooden cross going in was built from remenants of the church wood recovered from the rubble. It was built by a man whose father was one of the RAF pilots who dropped his armament on the City.

Much like KOLN (Cologne), the city is mostly re-built and modern compared to the old towns they used to represent. In fact, I think it has less "old-town" than Koln...which literally has 4 blocks left from pre-war architecture.

That said, it is a cool place to visit because of the surrounding area (Dresden, that is).

Dane96
March 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
He really should be checking Hamburg though. All I have to say is: it makes the Center of Amsterdam (Red-light and other surrounding rings of canals) look tame.

TheRevSFA
March 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
The defense continues to expand overseas - DB John W. Pike

After quarterback Tom Schneider, the Stuttgart Scorpions have the 22-year-old defensive back John Pike the next US-Americans for the upcoming season required.

Pike, who learned at the age of 12 years, ABC was the football in recent years, active for the North Dakota State University, where he was employed as a cornerback and safety. He also came in over the years as a receiver, long snapper and holder used.

With North Dakota State, he experienced in January of this year, the biggest moment of his career. In the NCAA Division I championship game in Frisco, Texas, beat the bison, also thanks John Pike of an interception in the last quarter, the team of Sam Houston State University with 17-6 and won the first time in history at the University of the title.

After Germany, he now comes to the Scorpions "in every possible way to help me to win, and become a better football player to be" as he says himself. This led to take the step across the pond, it has the opportunity to get to know another part of the world and the chance to continue playing football at a professional level.

That he is familiar with German culture already well, he proved the answer to the question "What it the word" Germany "think of first?" The Oktoberfest.

Which shows why online translation doesn't always work. You do not pick up on the grammar rules.

Congrats to him for going over. Germany is a hell of a country to visit.

TheRevSFA
March 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
BTW..here is Stuttgart's stadium. It's still better than Charleston Southerns :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Waldaustadion_Degerloch.jpg/800px-Waldaustadion_Degerloch.jpg

BisonHype!
March 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Well, it is better than not playing at all. If they play well enough, great! Maybe it will give him an opprotunity later down the road. If not, we wish the best anyways Pike!