PDA

View Full Version : FBS transfers begging to come to NDSU.

LakesBison
March 19th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Been told by an asst coach earlier, and now bison media guy confirms it on his twitter that many many FBS transfers have been contacting NDSU about transferring to NDSU this upcoming year.

doesnt look like coach bohl wants them, but I say, what the hell, why not!!

cbarrier90
March 19th, 2012, 08:46 PM

Because they're not good...?

henfan
March 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Been told by an asst coach earlier, and now bison media guy confirms it on his twitter that many many FBS transfers have been contacting NDSU about transferring to NDSU this upcoming year.

Oops, too late to the party. Many many of the best FBS transfers have already signed elsewhere.xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
March 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
30K at the Metrodome.

Transfers begging.

Confirmed by anonymous.

Your alternate reality is a beautiful place to live for you I suppose.

It's too bad you can't take the rest of us along on that magic carpet with you.

frozennorth
March 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
30K at the Metrodome.

Transfers begging.

Confirmed by anonymous.

Your alternate reality is a beautiful place to live for you I suppose.

It's too bad you can't take the rest of us along on that magic carpet with you.
apparently the sources is bohl himself. credible enough?

Jeff Kolpack ‏ @FGOSPORTSWRITER
Craig Bohl said big increase in FBS kids contacting NDSU to transfer; appears Bison will stick to MO and most likely take none of them.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 19th, 2012, 09:56 PM
apparently the sources is bohl himself. credible enough?

You having some trouble understanding there tiger? I did not say anything about them NOT contacting NDSU.

They contact pretty much all the big programs and even the smaller ones get some play so that isn't the issue.

You'll figure out what is being said one day Lakes Jr.xthumbsupx

citdog
March 19th, 2012, 10:27 PM
You having some trouble understanding there tiger? I did not say anything about them NOT contacting NDSU.

They contact pretty much all the big programs and even the smaller ones get some play so that isn't the issue.

You'll figure out what is being said one day Lakes Jr.xthumbsupx

jabbers II

frozennorth
March 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM

i've learned to ignore the lakes hyperbole and focus more on the underlying content.

that said I wouldn't bother with FBS transfers.

BlueHenSinfonian
March 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
i've learned to ignore the lakes hyperbole and focus more on the underlying content.

that said I wouldn't bother with FBS transfers.

There are different kinds of FBS transfers. Some signed with FBS programs and due to various reasons from academics to behavior are in danger of losing their scholarships - easy call to avoid those. Others just didn't pan out the way the teams that signed them expected, aren't getting any playing time, and are looking for an opportunity to prove themselves - these are probably worth looking at. Finally, you get players who are legitimately good, but due to a change in coaching regime or being stuck in the depth chart behind a natural phenomenon or a coach's favorite can see the writing on the wall that they aren't going to get their rightful chance to shine - these are gold for the FCS since they don't have to sit out a year to play and are probably (and rightfully) a little gunshy about signing with another program where they aren't going to get guaranteed starting positions. There are also always a few that just don't like life on a huge campus or have other non-football related reasons to want to bail - it's a mixed bag, but the coaches probably have a good idea of who is worth offering a scholarship to and who isn't.

Mr. C
March 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Non-news. This happens to all programs that get a little pub like NDSU did during its playoff run.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 19th, 2012, 11:28 PM

Then how did you not notice that the Lakes hyperbole and grandstanding is EXACTLY what I was poking fun at him for?

LakesBison
March 19th, 2012, 11:31 PM
yo, it wasnt bohl that told me. but bohl did confirm this to the mass media now.

the asst coaches said these are bonafide 3-4 star kids that are looking to transfer, dam that'd be fun!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
OH MY GOD!

3 TO 4 STARS!

BONAFIDE!

HOLY **** BALLS!

tourguide
March 20th, 2012, 12:15 AM
yo, it wasnt bohl that told me. but bohl did confirm this to the mass media now.

the asst coaches said these are bonafide 3-4 star kids that are looking to transfer, dam that'd be fun!

nope, way more fun to take kids who wanted to be a champion from day one and turn them into 4 star athletes.

LakesBison
March 20th, 2012, 12:16 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/354723/group/homepage/

BUT dont get distracted by this FRONT PAGE NEWS on the SH**TIEST PAPER IN AMERICA

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/354671/ Breast milk vs. formula: Local moms sound off on the benefits, detriments of both

frozennorth
March 20th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Then how did you not notice that the Lakes hyperbole and grandstanding is EXACTLY what I was poking fun at him for?

i was watching archer

cbarrier90
March 20th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Part of me wants to see a UTC-NDSU national championship game just so we can have an entire thread dedicated to a month-long worth of banter between Lakes and Chattown. Might be more entertaining than the game itself...

LakesBison
March 20th, 2012, 01:14 AM
maybe the title game can be moved back there in 2 years when MWILL and B TURN and HEAGLE and BROCK are seniors!

DJKyR0
March 20th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Part of me wants to see a UTC-NDSU national championship game just so we can have an entire thread dedicated to a month-long worth of banter between Lakes and Chattown. Might be more entertaining than the game itself...

The NDSU-Georgia Southern thread would be peanuts compared to a clash of the internet titans like what you're proposing.

344Johnson
March 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM
30K at the Metrodome.

We had close to 30K at the Dome the games we did play there, TCF is another story.

If NDSU is turning away 3-4 star transfers would not be because NDSU doesn't want them, it is because they either aren't any good, and/or it would be because we have very, VERY few scholarships to give out right now. We are going to have an exceptionally small freshmen class next season and right now, giving out scholarships to transfers would be temporarily helping out the team to essentially screw over the program in the long run.

Lakes, I will be honest, I am tired of this crap. This extreme over-the-top pimping out of NDSU gets old. I love the Herd as much as most of us but jeez, this makes us all look retarded. I don't see most fans on here posting every single little thing about their school on this site. If it is significant, fair game, but come on, I am sick of coming on here and seeing threads about NDSU and only NDSU. I can't imagine what it is like for the fans of other schools who aren't interested in NDSU.

From what I have heard, you are a pretty nice dude. Maybe, rather than being a total douche on the boards, you could be a normal dude and just talk about football like the rest of us. I am sick of my fanbase looking retarded because of you. Just tone your ***** the heck down. I can't understand the point in being a total tool. I mean, I wake up every morning thinking I am a douche until I read the crap you put on the internet.

Screamin_Eagle174
March 20th, 2012, 02:12 AM
[url]http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/354671/ Breast milk vs. formula: Local moms sound off on the benefits, detriments of both

Too bad you were dick-fed.

StorminASU
March 20th, 2012, 07:52 AM

I think the internet might explode if that happened.

BEAR
March 20th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Talented FBS players don't need to beg to play on an FCS team. xnonox

StorminASU
March 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Too bad you were dick-fed.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/reverse-1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Apphole
March 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM

Puffery as a legal term refers to promotional statements and claims that express subjective rather than objective views, which no "reasonable person" would take literally.[1] Puffery serves to "puff up" an exaggerated image of what is being described and is especially featured in testimonials.

Basically the standard practice of UNCC when dealing with publicizing recruiting/conference affiliation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffery

BisonAccountant44
March 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Who, before Jastram, was the last FBS transfer to get significant playing time at NDSU? The last one I can think of is Stauss. Has there been anyone else in the D1 era?

BisonBacker
March 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
We had close to 30K at the Dome the games we did play there, TCF is another story.

If NDSU is turning away 3-4 star transfers would not be because NDSU doesn't want them, it is because they either aren't any good, and/or it would be because we have very, VERY few scholarships to give out right now. We are going to have an exceptionally small freshmen class next season and right now, giving out scholarships to transfers would be temporarily helping out the team to essentially screw over the program in the long run.

Lakes, I will be honest, I am tired of this crap. This extreme over-the-top pimping out of NDSU gets old. I love the Herd as much as most of us but jeez, this makes us all look retarded. I don't see most fans on here posting every single little thing about their school on this site. If it is significant, fair game, but come on, I am sick of coming on here and seeing threads about NDSU and only NDSU. I can't imagine what it is like for the fans of other schools who aren't interested in NDSU.

From what I have heard, you are a pretty nice dude. Maybe, rather than being a total douche on the boards, you could be a normal dude and just talk about football like the rest of us. I am sick of my fanbase looking retarded because of you. Just tone your ***** the heck down. I can't understand the point in being a total tool. I mean, I wake up every morning thinking I am a douche until I read the crap you put on the internet.

344Johnson I want to thank you for this and nominate this for Post of the Month if there is such an award. Just know that you are wasting your time with the douche known as Lakes. He has little man syndrome.

WH49er
March 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Puffery as a legal term refers to promotional statements and claims that express subjective rather than objective views, which no "reasonable person" would take literally.[1] Puffery serves to "puff up" an exaggerated image of what is being described and is especially featured in testimonials.

Basically the standard practice of UNCC when dealing with publicizing recruiting/conference affiliation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffery

Speaking of dick-fed.....

LakesBison
March 20th, 2012, 09:59 AM
bisonbacker. haha.. there are about 4-5 ndsu fans like yourself that have problems with me. you guys dont know me, so jealousy sets in... I get it. sorry for you.

HOWEVER. yes there have been FBS transfer asking NDSU to bring them on, simple as that and they are dam good players and yes i have talked to 2 different asst coaches about it and guess what.... im sorry you dont understand this, but they are friends of mine that i've known for 3-4 years now. get over it.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
bisonbacker. haha.. there are about 4-5 ndsu fans like yourself that have problems with me. you guys dont know me, so jealousy sets in... I get it. sorry for you.

HOWEVER. yes there have been FBS transfer asking NDSU to bring them on, simple as that and they are dam good players and yes i have talked to 2 different asst coaches about it and guess what.... im sorry you dont understand this, but they are friends of mine that i've known for 3-4 years now. get over it.

Who ****in cares?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2756/4441741044_ee9f9d99f5_o.jpg

BisonBacker
March 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Like I said he's got the worst case of little man syndrome I've ever seen.

Sammy94
March 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
HOWEVER. yes there have been FBS transfer asking NDSU to bring them on

I'd like to congratulate NDSU on this achievement. Welcome to FCS football.

LakesBison
March 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Sammy94, well yes and its' happened before at NDSU but Im saying "if there are 3-4 star fbs transfers being turned away by coach bohl, then that disappoints me a lil bit"

asumike83
March 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I stopped getting too excited about FBS transfers when the two guys from LSU that were 3-4 star guys out of high school came to ASU (2007-2008ish?) and barely saw the field. If your coach is turning them away, it is probably for good reason.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I stopped getting too excited about FBS transfers when the two guys from LSU that were 3-4 star guys out of high school came to ASU (2007-2008ish?) and barely saw the field. If your coach is turning them away, it is probably for good reason.

I will bet all of lakes' turds are very well polished. It seems to matter more what it looks like than what is.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Got it, I'm getting confused on the venues then. So much LB subterfuge it's tough to keep it all filed correctly.

CrazyCat
I surely respect the NDSU program but this is the second twitter/email/spoke to a guy subject that has me scratching my head. Why announce all the FBS teams your turning down ? Why announce all the FBS players begging to transfer ?

ursus arctos horribilis
i was watching archer

I can see that. Funny show.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I surely respect the NDSU program but this is the second twitter/email/spoke to a guy subject that has me scratching my head. Why announce all the FBS teams your turning down ? Why announce all the FBS players begging to transfer ?

Some newcomer thing I think. Lakes thinks anything that happens at NDSU is something that is not considered regular at other schools and maybe there are some other NDSU fans that only pay attention to NDSU that are surprised to learn that it is not some exception to the rule.

The Bison fans on the national boards usually have a pretty good handle on what is normal and what is not.

BEAR
March 20th, 2012, 11:51 AM
So they went from BEGGING to ASKING....I guess that's where I see the difference in your thread title to the reality of the situation. Talented FBS players don't BEG to play for an FCS school, they just show interest and the coaches usually find a place for them.

bluehenbillk
March 20th, 2012, 02:41 PM
These NDSU threads are hysterical. Is it 1994 right now in North Dakota?

tourguide
March 20th, 2012, 05:21 PM
These NDSU threads are hysterical. Is it 1994 right now in North Dakota?
I was really awesome in 1994!!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM

http://www.starfetch.com/keywords/Rick_Moranis/Rick_Moranis_4.jpg

I thought that was you!

LakesBison
March 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yo, im just trying to give urses more hits perhaps??

But it is happening, so talk all the smack about me you want, still doesnt change the facts

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yo, im just trying to give urses more hits perhaps??

But it is happening, so talk all the smack about me you want, still doesnt change the facts

IT'S HAPPENING MAN!

IT'S ALL COMING DOWN! ONLY AT NDSU PEOPLE!

IT'S BONAFIDE, IT'S VERIFIED, IT'S EVERYTHING BUT ****IN' TIE-DYED!

WHATWHAT!!

LakesBison
March 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
WHATWHAT in the butt.. I said WHATWHAT in the butt. BUTTERS!!!

oh cmon dude, i think alot of you guys take what I say and make it bigger than what I intend to. sorry for partying.

smallcollegefbfan
March 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM

That looks nice on paper but I could show you a list of 4 and 5 star kids from high school 3-4 years ago that aren't even playing right now because they could not make it at their school.

Thundar
March 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM

oh cmon dude, i think alot of you guys take what I say and make it bigger than what I intend to. sorry for partying.

I think you take what gets said to casual fans by a sportwriter filling the dead space in the offseason and make it bigger than it really is.......just read the title of your own thread

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I think you take what gets said to casual fans by a sportwriter filling the dead space in the offseason and make it bigger than it really is.......just read the title of your own thread

Succinctly conveyed.xthumbsupx

LakesBison
March 21st, 2012, 12:07 AM
Not a transfer but 1st team minnesota all state anoka RB Josh Werness is visiting ndsu tomorrow, kid had 1500 & 15tds last year in senior year. Good luck to him!

Dane96
March 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yawn....i need one of those supersized Starbucks drinks right now.

Apphole
March 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Y6txfpmkY

NoDak 4 Ever
March 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM

I think that was the reference he was trying. The sad thing is that I would expect that from a 20 year old, not someone who is almost 40. He's like those old guys on Jersey Shore.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM

I think that was the reference he was trying. The sad thing is that I would expect that from a 20 year old, not someone who is almost 40. He's like those old guys on Jersey Shore.

LakesBison
March 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
oh, so even when i bring relevant news (and a scoop) i get ridiculued. oh ok..

NoDak 4 Ever
March 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM
oh, so even when i bring relevant news (and a scoop) i get ridiculued. oh ok..

You get ridiculed because you're ridiculous. It's kind of in the name.

LakesBison
March 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
well, i gave NDSU fans a 1st team all state kid thats visiting today and fell through the cracks, good luck to him

344Johnson
March 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
You wanna put it in my butt? (In my butt!?) Let's do it in the butt! (Ok!)

Butters Stotch. Love him.

cbarrier90
March 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM

"Yeeeeeeaaah 1994!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7f3ssuEjA

LakesBison
March 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
he's reppin the FAMU band shirt.... sweeeeeeeeeeet loving the Penny Hardaway jerseys!

ThompsonThe
March 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM

Ow, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take us in....
We want to play for the frozen tundra so badly,
We will do anything to get in,
We cannot stand it if you don't take us in,
You are sooooooooooooooo good,
Sooooooooooo kind,
Sooooooooooo understanding,
Don't know why I went to (fill in, Notre Dame, SoCal, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, etc.)
I must have been crazy to,
When all along I wanted to come to your school,
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

citdog
March 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
pee in the butt