PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Norfolk State and Lehigh

Blue Eagle
March 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Congratulations to Norfolk State for beating Missouri and to Lehigh for beating Duke in the first round of March Madness!!

Both teams represented the FCS very well.

Best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

A personal note to Lehigh - you made my wife who is a graduate of North Carolina very happy and me a lucky guy!

ngineer
March 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Congratulations to Norfolk State for beating Missouri and to Lehigh for beating Duke in the first round of March Madness!!

Both teams represented the FCS very well.

Best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

A personal note to Lehigh - you made my wife who is a graduate of North Carolina very happy and me a lucky guy!

The bill is in the mail..(;-)

DJOM
March 17th, 2012, 04:03 PM
LEHIGH---THANK YOU. Incredible victory.

ST_Lawson
March 17th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Couple of amazing games. While not big upsets like Norfolk State and Lehigh, congrats as well to the other two FCS teams in the tournament: Murray State and Georgetown.

Also, New Mexico, who plays football at the FCS level (although they won't admit it)....hehe.

Blue Eagle
March 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM
The bill is in the mail..(;-)

As a Tar Hill fan watching Lehigh beat Duke was priceless - not to mention the fringe benefit!

The check is in the mail! Or I should say will be.

BucBisonAtLarge
March 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM
When I watched Bucknell's MBB take down Arizona in Tucson during the NIT's first round, I healed from watching Bucknell losing 2x at home to the Brown in a three week period. Everyone knows now that Lehigh is the real deal and CJ McCollum, Gabe Knutson, and the rest can play with anyone. With your football success, Wrestling in 6th place at Nationals and a brilliant start to the lax season, this is an outrageous year for sports in Bethlehem. Congratulations, Mawks.

Southsider
March 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM
When I watched Bucknell's MBB take down Arizona in Tucson during the NIT's first round, I healed from watching Bucknell losing 2x at home to the Brown in a three week period. Everyone knows now that Lehigh is the real deal and CJ McCollum, Gabe Knutson, and the rest can play with anyone. With your football success, Wrestling in 6th place at Nationals and a brilliant start to the lax season, this is an outrageous year for sports in Bethlehem. Congratulations, Mawks.

It sure is!! As a lifelong fan of LU, I just wish my old man was still around to enjoy last night. We spent many a night going to see the Engineer's when a 3-25 season was the norm. HGope LU AND BU can keep it going!!

Blue Eagle
March 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Couple of amazing games. While not big upsets like Norfolk State and Lehigh, congrats as well to the other two FCS teams in the tournament: Murray State and Georgetown.

Also, New Mexico, who plays football at the FCS level (although they won't admit it)....hehe.

I agree and a special congratulation to Murray State for having a great year

ngineer
March 18th, 2012, 12:10 AM

Thanks. My daughter is a Bucknellian, so I spent a fair amount of coin in Lewisburg.It's really good to see the PL's "cred" rise with both our programs achieving success on the national stage. And to think CJ and Muscala are both back next year is scary in itself.

BucBisonAtLarge
March 18th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Being a westerner these days, resident in Lobo-land, the league's rising profile has eliminated the blank responses to discussions of my alma mater in sports.

New Mexico, ST_Lawson, will not be the tragic excuse of a football program it has been these last few years for much longer. Hiring Bob Davie and then a few of the SHSU coaching staff has really shifted the mood here, and recruiting has already begun to rebound. The program had been modestly successful and the last coaching hire was a horrible soap opera, almost from the outset.