SWAC
9/1 - JSU @ Mississippi State
9/1 - Southern @ New Mexico
9/8 - Grambling @ TCU
9/8 - TSU @ North Texas
11/17 - Alabama A&M @ Auburn

Screamin_Eagle174
March 14th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Unless I'm missing some, which I probably am, that's 95 games. Assuming the average of about 10% are "upsets," that's 9 or 10 wins. Who are they?

I'm gonna go with...

8/30 - EWU @ Idaho
9/1 - W&M @ Maryland
9/1 - InSU @ Indiana
9/1 - ASU @ East Carolina
9/1 - Towson @ Kent State
9/8 - NAU @ UNLV
9/8 - UNH @ Minnesota
9/8 - NDSU @ Colorado State
9/15 - Cal Poly @ Wyoming

frozennorth
March 14th, 2012, 05:22 AM
8/30 - EWU @ Idaho
8/30 - UNC @ Utah
9/8 - NAU @ UNLV
9/15 - SBU @ Syracuse
9/29 - SBU @ Army
9/1 - W&M @ Maryland
9/8 - UNH @ Minnesota
9/1 - InSU @ Indiana
9/1 - SDSU @ Kansas
9/1 - YSU @ Pittsburgh

most likely upsets. In the cases of maryland, csu, army and kent state, I don't think it would be an upset.

nwFL Griz
March 14th, 2012, 06:41 AM
The only two that stand out to me are Sac@NMSU and UNH@Minn.

The rest I have no confidence in an upset. But then again, that's why they are called upsets, isn't it?

TheRevSFA
March 14th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Technically Texas state will be FBS and SFA plays them

Do not worry though, we couldn't beat them when they were FCS so why start now?

Apphole
March 14th, 2012, 07:15 AM
We have a good chance to beat ECU. They have a new QB, a terrible O line and they had an awful season last year. They barely escaped last time.

Cocky
March 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Unless I'm missing some, which I probably am, that's 95 games. Assuming the average of about 10% are "upsets," that's 9 or 10 wins. Who are they?

I'm gonna go with...

8/30 - EWU @ Idaho
9/1 - W&M @ Maryland
9/1 - InSU @ Indiana
9/8 - NAU @ UNLV
9/8 - UNH @ Minnesota

You must have overlooked
JSU@Arkansas
JSU@Florida
Should be two easy wins for us.

Professor Chaos
March 14th, 2012, 09:17 AM
If you go by the Sagarin predictor column from the end of last year NDSU would be favored by 17 against Colorado St. Colorado St has a new coach this year and they're looking for lineman off the street basically: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-coloradostate-mcelwainstryouts

I guess what I'm saying is that Colorado St over NDSU would be the upset if anything.

eagle07
March 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
If you go by the Sagarin predictor column from the end of last year NDSU would be favored by 17 against Colorado St. Colorado St has a new coach this year and they're looking for lineman off the street basically: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-coloradostate-mcelwainstryouts

I guess what I'm saying is that Colorado St over NDSU would be the upset if anything.

Heck, NDSU might have more fans there LOL

AmsterBison
March 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I refuse to call a win over an FBS team an upset just because it's FCS v FBS.

So take NDSU off that list because if the Bison win, it won't be an upset. :)

But if you want to go that route, UNH and NDSU are good bets for winning their FBS matchups because according to my calculations, those two programs have accounted for 25% of all the FCS v FBS wins since the beginning of the 2006 season.

whitey
March 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Whoever is playing Akron.

tourguide
March 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Heck, NDSU might have more fans there LOL

If CU piss pounds CSU by 20 or more the previous week, then ndsu absolutely will have more fans

DJKyR0
March 14th, 2012, 02:02 PM
All I know is that I'm putting money on NDSU to cover the spread against CSU, regardless of what it is. FBS win #6 incoming.

Screamin_Eagle174
March 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I refuse to call a win over an FBS team an upset just because it's FCS v FBS.

So take NDSU off that list because if the Bison win, it won't be an upset. :)

But if you want to go that route, UNH and NDSU are good bets for winning their FBS matchups because according to my calculations, those two programs have accounted for 25% of all the FCS v FBS wins since the beginning of the 2006 season.

Of course it's an upset... a lot of their fans will be pretty upset. xlolx

EWU @ Idaho
NDSU @ Colorado State
UNH @ Minnesota
App @ East Carolina

are the absolute best chances I would say. If NAU can field a decent team, they have a good shot against UNLV as well.

Screamin_Eagle174
March 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Whoever is playing Akron.

Normally I'd agree, but it's Morgan State... I wouldn't have high hopes.

LakesBison
March 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM
NDSU will be favored in this game by vegas, - 4

darell1976
March 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Who's got the best chance for an upset?

BIG SKY
8/30 - EWU @ Idaho
8/30 - UNC @ Utah
8/30 - SUU @ Utah State
9/1 - ISU @ Air Force
9/1 - NAU @ Arizona State
9/1 - SAC @ New Mexico State
9/1 - SUU @ California
9/1 - WSU @ Fresno State
9/8 - EWU @ Wazzu
9/8 - NAU @ UNLV
9/8 - SAC @ Colorado
9/8 - UCD @ San Jose State
9/8 - WSU @ BYU
9/15 - UND @ San Diego State
9/15 - PSU @ Washington
9/22 - ISU @ Nebraska

If UND can keep it close like they did with Fresno State last year and Northern Illinois in 2010 I will be happy...upset would be nice, but I am not going to hold my breath.

bojeta
March 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM

I'm gonna go with...

8/30 - EWU @ Idaho
9/1 - W&M @ Maryland
9/1 - InSU @ Indiana
9/8 - NAU @ UNLV
9/8 - UNH @ Minnesota

I certainly hope you're correct. However, Wyoming was predicted last year to have a strong team in 2012. They actually had a pretty strong team in 2011, making it to the the Gildon Bowl and return most key players. They are expected to be a contender for the Mountain West title. If Cal Poly beats them, it will truly be an upset. I think it's possible, but I'm not calling it likely.

asujch
March 14th, 2012, 07:59 PM
You must have overlooked
JSU@Arkansas
JSU@Florida
Should be two easy wins for us.

lol

Seawolf97
March 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I like our chances against Army on 9/29. Syracuse is another story.

HailSzczur
March 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
CAA wise I see the see the following as do-able upsets. I would probably say UNH is the most likely candidate here
8/31 - VU @ Temple
9/1 - UR @ Virginia
9/1 - W&M @ Maryland
9/8 - GSU @ Tennessee
9/8 - Maine @ Boston College
9/8 - UNH @ Minnesota
9/15 - JMU @ West Virginia
9/29 - URI @ Bowling Green
9/29 - TU @ LSU

You can pencil VU Temple in as a loss right now unfortunately

Wildcat80
March 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM
CAA wise I see the see the following as do-able upsets. I would probably say UNH is the most likely candidate here
8/31 - VU @ Temple
9/1 - UR @ Virginia
9/1 - W&M @ Maryland
9/8 - GSU @ Tennessee
9/8 - Maine @ Boston College
9/8 - UNH @ Minnesota
9/15 - JMU @ West Virginia
9/29 - URI @ Bowling Green
9/29 - TU @ LSU

You can pencil VU Temple in as a loss right now unfortunately

UNH gets the gophers early. We just need a QB!

HailSzczur
March 14th, 2012, 10:25 PM

Minor details

Not sure if they can pull the upset but I would like to watch Maine BC, that seems like it could be a pretty good game.

McNeese75
March 14th, 2012, 11:53 PM
McNeese plays Middle Tennessee State on Sept 1. OK, it is a Sunbelt school but they claim to be FBS.

tourguide
March 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM
NDSU will be favored in this game by vegas, - 4

I'd put odds of +220 vegas even put a line on this game. Most likely have to go off shore.

darell1976
March 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Gophers have lost to NDSU, and South Dakota...UNH should have a good chance at an upset.

LakesBison
March 15th, 2012, 09:34 AM
UNH will get crushed by gophers, you aint ndsu.

344Johnson
March 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM

The Gophers? Crushing anyone? laughable. I give UNH a fair shot.

Hambone
March 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM
The Gophers? Crushing anyone? laughable. I give UNH a fair shot.

Actually I think year 2 under Kill should be a vast improvement over last year. But, since anything can happen and UNH has a strong team, I agree that UNH has a fair shot.

And lakes, while UNH ain't NDSU, they're better than USD who also beat the Gophs.

Mattymc727
March 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I dont see UNH beating Minny. I just feel like there is no way that program loses to an FCS team again. My heart says yes, my mind says no f'n way. Plus UNH still has problems on defense and a question mark at QB. It wont be a blowout, but I would be shocked if UNH can beat them.

Silenoz
March 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM

And USD is no UNH...

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I certainly hope you're correct. However, Wyoming was predicted last year to have a strong team in 2012. They actually had a pretty strong team in 2011, making it to the the Gildon Bowl and return most key players. They are expected to be a contender for the Mountain West title. If Cal Poly beats them, it will truly be an upset. I think it's possible, but I'm not calling it likely.

If Poly still runs the same offensive and defensive schemes like they did when the Bison played them, then I'm going with Poly. They are so unusual that no way WYO schemes for it.

Poly almost beat Wisky a few yrs ago.....very good chance against WYO.

frozennorth
March 15th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I dont see UNH beating Minny. I just feel like there is no way that program loses to an FCS team again.

thats what they said after ndsu almost beat them, after ndsu did beat them, after sdsu almost beat them, after usd did beat them, and now again after ndsu took them to the woodshed. I'm seeing a trend here.

DJKyR0
March 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I dont see UNH beating Minny. I just feel like there is no way that program loses to an FCS team again. My heart says yes, my mind says no f'n way. Plus UNH still has problems on defense and a question mark at QB. It wont be a blowout, but I would be shocked if UNH can beat them.

You'd think so, but Minnesota has a way of defying expectations.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 15th, 2012, 09:04 PM
thats what they said after ndsu almost beat them, after ndsu did beat them, after sdsu almost beat them, after usd did beat them, and now again after ndsu took them to the woodshed. I'm seeing a trend here.xlolx

That's a good way to look at it.

LakesBison
March 16th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Trend? No NDSU is better then them, PERIOD. usd caught them in tim brewster dumpster fire mode.

Gophers will annihilate unh.

darell1976
March 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
thats what they said after ndsu almost beat them, after ndsu did beat them, after sdsu almost beat them, after usd did beat them, and now again after ndsu took them to the woodshed. I'm seeing a trend here.

Thats why I don't think Minnesota will want to play NDSU anytime soon. I would think Gopher fans would get tired of losing to a FCS team.

asumike83
March 16th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I'm hoping that App will play ECU close in Greenville and give ourselves a chance to win it in the 4th. A strong showing in the opener should give the team some confidence going into the Montana game.

Going to be the longest 5 1/2 months of my life...

Mattymc727
March 16th, 2012, 12:43 PM
You'd think so, but Minnesota has a way of defying expectations.

I hope you're right. I love UNH victories over FBS as much as the next UNH fan, I just feel like beating a big ten team, regardless of how bad they are, with questions on defense and at qb ourselves, is a tough task. I know Minnesota lost pretty handily to NDSU and they lost to New Mexico State, but they lost to USC by 2, Beat Iowa, and lost to Michigan State by a touchdown. Thats very inconsitent, but it shows high talent level. The days of Ricky Santos and David ball beatig every FBS team they faced are over, and UNH is on a little FBS losing streak here. If UNH can get their senior QB James Brady to play near Decker's level (especially with the offensive weapons we have returning), and the UNH defense can get bigger and improve (after losing only 2 senior starters), then we have a hell of a chance.

To LakesBison, I am skeptical of a UNH victory myself, but I dont think UNH gets annihilated as you say.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Trend? No NDSU is better then them, PERIOD. usd caught them in tim brewster dumpster fire mode.

Gophers will annihilate unh.

Any year that NDSU beat the Gophers UNH would have an equal chance of beating them that same team.

LakesBison
March 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM
not true whatsoever. NDSU has minnesota players that actually play much harder and with more heart vs their home state U. you cant underestimate that!

MarkyMark
March 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Any year that NDSU beat the Gophers UNH would have an equal chance of beating them that same team.

Can UNH match the 30K fans NDSU brought to the Metrodome and 20K fans we brought to their new TCF stadium? Our offense may have played their best game of the 2011 season that day and our Defense scored two touchdowns.

The Gophers will be better this year. They didn't lose much to graduation (no invites to the combine) and Kill is starting to change their attitude. The MN QB has also improved. I think its going to be alot tougher for FCS teams to win against MN in the future.

I don't give UNH much chance to take this one unless they are a top 5 FCS team.

By the way, NDSU destroyed South Dakota the year they beat the Gophers.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM
not true whatsoever. NDSU has minnesota players that actually play much harder and with more heart vs their home state U. you cant underestimate that!

There may be a shred of validity to that. Doesn't matter though UNH was at least equal to if not better than NDSU in those years and Minnesota has been (as pointed out by EVERYONE) real pathetic.

That means even if the point is valid it wouldn't make a big difference. UNH would have been as likely to win in those years.

BTW, I'm not saying that a crappy Minnesota team by FBS standards takes away from the wins, it does not. They are still in a premiere conference with many more scholorships so those wins are always good wins because they are at the level of top FCS schools as far as what the product on the field is.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Can UNH match the 30K fans NDSU brought to the Metrodome and 20K fans we brought to their new TCF stadium? Our offense may have played their best game of the 2011 season that day and our Defense scored two touchdowns.

The Gophers will be better this year. They didn't lose much to graduation (no invites to the combine) and Kill is starting to change their attitude. The MN QB has also improved. I think its going to be alot tougher for FCS teams to win against MN in the future.

Very little of that comment seems to have anything to do with what we were talking about.

Congratulations on proximity...I guess?

JSUBison
March 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hope UNH beats the Goofs. The longer U of Minnesota is down and a joke, the more likely NDSU can keep pulling quality players out of Minnesota. Also Kill isn't as good of a coach as some people want to believe.

darell1976
March 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hope UNH beats the Goofs. The longer U of Minnesota is down and a joke, the more likely NDSU can keep pulling quality players out of Minnesota. Also Kill isn't as good of a coach as some people want to believe.

I would think all the FCS losses Minnesota has endoured the last 5 or so years has hurt recruiting to Wisconsin, Iowa, and the Dakota's.

LakesBison
March 16th, 2012, 04:57 PM
JSU, actually the BETTER U of MINNESOTA gets and starts recruiting at a BIG 10 level nationally, etc, that will leave a bigger gap between the 2 teams and will benefit NDSU.

lets say U of Minn gets to top 5 of BIG 10... and starts getting ALL 4 star and 5 star kids.

that leaves all the 3 and 2 star kids for NDSU to mop up with.

frozennorth
March 17th, 2012, 05:21 AM
JSU, actually the BETTER U of MINNESOTA gets and starts recruiting at a BIG 10 level nationally, etc, that will leave a bigger gap between the 2 teams and will benefit NDSU.

lets say U of Minn gets to top 5 of BIG 10... and starts getting ALL 4 star and 5 star kids.

that leaves all the 3 and 2 star kids for NDSU to mop up with.

holy crap you have a good pointxawesomex

frozennorth
March 17th, 2012, 05:30 AM
There may be a shred of validity to that. Doesn't matter though UNH was at least equal to if not better than NDSU in those years and Minnesota has been (as pointed out by EVERYONE) real pathetic.

That means even if the point is valid it wouldn't make a big difference. UNH would have been as likely to win in those years.

BTW, I'm not saying that a crappy Minnesota team by FBS standards takes away from the wins, it does not. They are still in a premiere conference with many more scholorships so those wins are always good wins because they are at the level of top FCS schools as far as what the product on the field is.

UNH was better than NDSU in 2006 and 2007? In both years NDSU likely would have been seeded at 10-1. NDSU was honestly in a league of it's own last year. So I guess I can give you nearly as good, but not as good or better.

Anyway NDSU beat UM harder than the final score indicated. One blown call on a mcnorton td run (drive led to no points), the final score should have been ndsu 44 um 23. Even if UM is better, UNH should have a very solid shot, assuming they are as good as last year.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
UNH was better than NDSU in 2006 and 2007? In both years NDSU likely would have been seeded at 10-1. NDSU was honestly in a league of it's own last year. So I guess I can give you nearly as good, but not as good or better.

Anyway NDSU beat UM harder than the final score indicated. One blown call on a mcnorton td run (drive led to no points), the final score should have been ndsu 44 um 23. Even if UM is better, UNH should have a very solid shot, assuming they are as good as last year.

I was not talking about specific years and agree with you that NDSU had a leg up last year. Simply was saying that on an average basis UNH has as good a chance as NDSU does because they've also proved themselves as a top notch program to look out for.

On another note...Lakes did actually make a point and support a contention with some fairly sound reasoning...I can't believe it either. If he does much more of that we may have to take some of his posts seriously!:D

344Johnson
March 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM

We did not bring 20,000 to TCF last season. I will give UNH a very fair shot at a win. Minnesota got their act together towards the end of the season but still, they aren't that good.

LakesBison
March 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM
344 johnson you're on crack.. easily 25,000 to TCF and i'd say up to 30,000 and I know alot of gopher fans and neutral fans ended up cheering for ndsu by end of the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
344 johnson you're on crack.. easily 25,000 to TCF and i'd say up to 30,000 and I know alot of gopher fans and neutral fans ended up cheering for ndsu by end of the game.

The non biased version says. "Bison fans accounted for perhaps one-fourth of the 48,000-plus crowd, and NDSU even brought its full band."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=312670135

DJKyR0
March 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/9bbtde.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 19th, 2012, 06:47 AM
The non biased version says. "Bison fans accounted for perhaps one-fourth of the 48,000-plus crowd, and NDSU even brought its full band."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=312670135

Being at the game, this is a more accurate assessment of the attendance. There were a lot of Bison fans but no way did we have 25K.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 19th, 2012, 06:48 AM
We did not bring 20,000 to TCF last season. I will give UNH a very fair shot at a win. Minnesota got their act together towards the end of the season but still, they aren't that good.

Kill will have a better team this year. UNH will get beat by 3 TDs this year.

344Johnson
March 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't know a lot of real gopher fans who were cheering for the Bison by the end. Maybe some casual fans who generally cheer for the gophers when they watch them on tv, but not real fans.

TCF holds 50,000 fans. You are going to claim NDSU was at least half of that? No. Neutral fans tend to cheer for the smaller, lesser known team in any sport. I'm real happy that NDSU was able to clean up the very small neutral fan group that was there, though I can't imagine there being a whole lot of them. About a quarter of the people were there to cheer on the Bison. But hey, you also live in a fantasy world where NDSU is a Division 1 power and we are the envy of the sports world so I don't know why I am even remotely surprised you think we had 25-30 thousand people at TCF. Did you not hear that place start rocking right away when Minnesota scored? That was certainly more than 20-25,000 people in an outdoor stadium.

Please try to be at least semi-rational world. This is getting out of hand. You have seriously lost all touch with reality. NDSU could go play against Penn State, while their fans are doing a White-out, and you'd try saying NDSU "had between 30 and 40 thousand people there, and if ya don't believe me, feel free to check the pictures. We are the ones wearing white."