PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Moore Pub in Wall Street Journal

GannonFan
June 8th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Was reading the paper during lunch and noticed a little blurb about Jerry Moore, coach from Appy St. It was in an article about how grandfathers are doing more these days to help in the day to day caring for grandchildren (it was in the Personal Journal section). I'll retype the blurb here (I can do that legally right? It's only a small section of a much bigger story).

"..."the potential for helping kids is tremendous". Today's Mr. Grandmoms know this. After Jerry Moore was fired as Texas Tech football coach in 1985, he spent six months as a Mr. Mom, which allowed him to bond with his teenage daughter. "It was a growing-up time for her and a rough time for me," he says. "We leaned on each other." Mr. Moore eventually returned to football and now coaches at Appalachian State University. His daughter is divorced and has moved home with her two kids. These days, Mr. Moore, 66, brings his daughter's son with him on recruiting trips. Recruits' families enjoy seeing his tag-along grandson, he says. "You can tell them you're a family guy, but this shows it."..."

Pards Rule
June 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah just took a trip down to Peachtree City GA and back to PHL on the company plane this AM and the pilots bring aboard newspapers and donuts and I saw it in the WSJ...Best thing for his career was to be terminated by Texas Tech!

WUTNDITWAA
June 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah just took a trip down to Peachtree City GA and back to PHL on the company plane this AM and the pilots bring aboard newspapers and donuts and I saw it in the WSJ...Best thing for his career was to be terminated by Texas Tech!

Maybe not for career, but I'm sure his family life has improved 100-fold.:nod: