PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh DC to Stanford

Wildcat80
February 29th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Per Football Scoop. Kotulski to be LB coach at Stanford. Nice jump if true.

heath
February 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Per Football Scoop. Kotulski to be LB coach at Stanford. Nice jump if true.

If true, Lehigh would be very wise to offer Coach Sanders from a few years back a job to rally the troops....may not be possible,but he would be a great DC and LB coach.

Wildcat80
February 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I see he was at Utah before....not the 1st time at FBS. Solid experience.

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/coach/bio.aspx?CoachId=540

Engineer86
February 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Give Roberts a chance

Bill
February 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know if former DC Shannon Morrison went with Gillmore to HC?

I'd take Shannon back in a heartbeat.

Engineer86
February 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know if former DC Shannon Morrison went with Gillmore to HC?

I'd take Shannon back in a heartbeat.

Wasn't Gilmore the DC when he got the HC job?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Michael LoRe of the Express-Times confirms that he interviewed for the job:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2012/02/lehigh_university_defensive_co.html

Looks like it might be happening.

Bill
March 1st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Wasn't Gilmore the DC when he got the HC job?

Engineer
Yes, he was. Shannon took over for Tom when he left. I was referencing a football scoop lead from about 10 days ago, suggesting that Shannon was going to Holy Cross this year - but I haven't seen any formal announcement....

RichH2
March 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Great news for Coach K, Andy should have little trouble finding a good DC. Sanders would be very nice but I would not be surprised to see Wilcher or Roberts get promotion.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Speculation is Wilcher is going to be promoted-from-within, but as of now this is all unconfirmed. Football scoop, remember told us Yale's new head coach would be Dave Cecchini xlolx. Though the intelligence on this is a lot more solid than the Yale situation.

RichH2
March 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM
If I Remember correctly Wilcher was co-DC at one point.

colorless raider
March 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Big loss for Lehigh if he is gone.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
No official word yet from Stanford. Believe me, I am keeping an eye on it.

PLfan
March 1st, 2012, 01:01 PM
It's official. Congrats to Coach Koto, but big loss for Lehigh. The defensive players really loved him (and his system). I hope internal option of Roberts or Wilcher are given the chance to take his place.

Wildcat80
March 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030112aaa.html

ngineer
March 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Tough loss. Coach K came in and revamped the defense to a 3-4 which many questioned at the time. But, once he was able recruit the type of athletes needed for that kind of defense, everything seemed to gel. I would expect Roberts or Wilcher to get the job, if they want it. Wilcher spent one year as DC a few years back and returned to the secondary when Kotulski arrived. Both have done very good jobs at their respective positions. However, I think Roberts is now 'Associate' Head Coach, so he may elect to retain that position and Wilcher to DC. It's also tought to bring in from the outside a new DC, unless his philosophy is similar with the 3-4; otherwise, you have players learning a new system. Not good when you're on a successful roll.

heath
March 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
If true, Lehigh would be very wise to offer Coach Sanders from a few years back a job to rally the troops....may not be possible,but he would be a great DC and LB coach.

Someone was listening.....................Lehigh did the right thing.xthumbsupx have a good spring season.

RichH2
March 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Nice resolution for DC with Roberts and Wilcher, getting Sanders back a tremendous boost for D

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Honestly, given the fact coach Kotulski was leaving, this had to be the best possible outcome for Lehigh's defense - two superlative coaches from last year's team as co-DCs and an LBs coach that, by all accounts, did a great job for Lehigh the last time around and have not a few players in that LB unit that he recruited during that time. There are a lot of happy campers at Lehigh that this is the way this played out. Even though it's never wonderful to lose coaches, this worked out as well as could be expected.

ngineer
March 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Nice resolution for DC with Roberts and Wilcher, getting Sanders back a tremendous boost for D

Is this on the website, yet??

RichH2
March 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Is this on the website, yet??

Yup, looking for Spring prospectus. I am a greedy SOB

ngineer
March 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks, just perused it. Sounds like a very good move by Coen. Roberts already wears the "Assistant Head Coach" hat, so I think Wilcher will be primarily the 'lead' coordinator as the article indicates he'll be calling the plays from the booth on gameday. Adding/bringing back Sanders also a nice move. Familiarity with the school and the program shortens the curve. Exactly one month to the Brown & White Game.