5)TXSU 5-6

are we talking last season?:confused:

MACHIAVELLI
June 7th, 2006, 08:43 AM
are we talking last season?:confused:

Fantasy Season

Jag4Life
June 7th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Moderators can we please move this to the Smack Board please? I'm sick and tired of you MACH! :D

R.A.
June 7th, 2006, 01:25 PM
-So I see that one Southern loss must be against Bethune Cookman.

Jag4Life
June 7th, 2006, 03:05 PM
-So I see that one Southern loss must be against Bethune Cookman.
No! It may be later in the season! Grambling or MVSU!

TexasTerror
June 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
3)Prairie View 7-4

When was the last time they won more than seven games?

5)TXSU 5-6

Third Coast Tiger would be a very happy man...

Jag4Life
June 8th, 2006, 07:54 AM
When was the last time they won more than seven games?

Third Coast Tiger would be a very happy man...How many did PV win last year? When you figure that out I want you do some thinking.

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2006, 07:52 PM
How many did PV win last year? When you figure that out I want you do some thinking.

Four games, two against sub-Div I foes...

It's going to be tough to win seven games for PVA&M. They definitely do not have a track record of success. They do have two sub-Div I games again (two wins, presuambly) and TxSo (a likely win), as well as Ark-PB at home (another probable win).

Who else can they beat? Mississippi Valley? Not sure about that. Grambling and Southern, definitely not. Alcorn St, it is at home. Definitely not Alabama A&M and more than likely not Alabama St...

PNeck19
June 16th, 2006, 11:24 AM
SWAC

East
1)Miss Valley 8-3
2)Alabama A&M 7-4
3)Alcorn State 7-4
4)Alabama State 6-5
5)Jackson State 4-7

West
1)Southern U 11-1
2)Grambling State 9-2
3)Prairie View 7-4
4)UAPB 6-5
5)TXSU 5-6

That makes a cumulative 70-41 record.

It's impossible.

Counting the SCG, there are 46 conference games, meaning the best possible scenario (every SWAC team going undefeated in non-conference play- a cumulative 20-0 record) would be 66-46.

Here are the non-conference opponents:
AAMU: Tennessee St. & Stillman (2-0 or 1-1)
ALST: Troy & Tuskegee (1-1 or 0-2)
ALC: La.-Monroe & Langston (1-1)
UAPB: Southern Ill. & Tuskegee (1-1 or 0-2)
GSU: Hampton & Houston (1-1 or 0-2)
JSU: Paul Quinn & Tennessee St. (2-0 or 1-1)
MVSU: Concordia & North Dakota St. (1-1)
PVAM: Edward Waters & Langston (2-0)
SU: Bethune-Cookman & N.C. Central (2-0, 1-1, or 0-2)
TSU: New Mexico St. & Texas St. (0-2)

I-A: 4 opponents
I-AA: 7 opponents
Lower: 9 opponents

TexasTerror
June 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
That makes a cumulative 70-41 record.

It's impossible.

Counting the SCG, there are 46 conference games, meaning the best possible scenario (every SWAC team going undefeated in non-conference play- a cumulative 20-0 record) would be 66-46.

Here are the non-conference opponents:
AAMU: Tennessee St. & Stillman (2-0 or 1-1)
ALST: Troy & Tuskegee (1-1 or 0-2)
ALC: La.-Monroe & Langston (1-1)
UAPB: Southern Ill. & Tuskegee (1-1 or 0-2)
GSU: Hampton & Houston (1-1 or 0-2)
JSU: Paul Quinn & Tennessee St. (2-0 or 1-1)
MVSU: Concordia & North Dakota St. (1-1)
PVAM: Edward Waters & Langston (2-0)
SU: Bethune-Cookman & N.C. Central (2-0, 1-1, or 0-2)
TSU: New Mexico St. & Texas St. (0-2)

I-A: 4 opponents
I-AA: 7 opponents
Lower: 9 opponents

We got a mathematician in our midsts!

Where were you when I needed HW work in I-AA Stats 101? :bow:

Catmendue2
June 16th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Four games, two against sub-Div I foes...

It's going to be tough to win seven games for PVA&M. They definitely do not have a track record of success. They do have two sub-Div I games again (two wins, presuambly) and TxSo (a likely win), as well as Ark-PB at home (another probable win).

Who else can they beat? Mississippi Valley? Not sure about that. Grambling and Southern, definitely not. Alcorn St, it is at home. Definitely not Alabama A&M and more than likely not Alabama St...

Grambling will possibly have one lost and thats to UofH if they bring their A game. If Uof H take Grambling lightly they will lose also. MVSU won't be any different than 2005, the SWAC East belongs to AAMU who will be pushed by Alabama State. Revisit this Thread in October.

TexasTerror
June 16th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Grambling will possibly have one lost and thats to UofH if they bring their A game. If Uof H take Grambling lightly they will loose also. MVSU won't be any different than 2005, the SWAC East belongs to AAMU who will be pushed by Alabama State. Revisit this Thread in October.

UH will take out Grambling without fail. I really don't think it's in question. Houston is not as bad as they are given credit for being. They did go to a bowl and had they played consistent, could've been a major player in their division.

Question is, what will Grambling's results be against Hampton in Birmingham? If Grambling were to win, what would their fans say? Would they be crowing that they beat a really good I-AA squad?

What if they were to lose? Would they say, "we would've won with Eugene"? I'm interested in the post-game reaction from both sides!:thumbsup:

Jag4Life
June 17th, 2006, 06:21 AM
UH will take out Grambling without fail. I really don't think it's in question. Houston is not as bad as they are given credit for being. They did go to a bowl and had they played consistent, could've been a major player in their division.

Question is, what will Grambling's results be against Hampton in Birmingham? If Grambling were to win, what would their fans say? Would they be crowing that they beat a really good I-AA squad?

What if they were to lose? Would they say, "we would've won with Eugene"? I'm interested in the post-game reaction from both sides!:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Catmendue2
June 17th, 2006, 07:00 AM

Grambling is not going to lose to Hampton and no other 1-AA team in 06. Brugene was a piece of a puzzel. Landers is good Quarterback. Hampton aint on Grambling's level, and you can bet Grambling is going to Houston to win. The guys at Grambling now are on par with the Cougars as far a talent, if the coaching holds up, Grambling wins this game.

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Grambling is not going to lose to Hampton and no other 1-AA team in 06. Brugene was a piece of a puzzel. Landers is good Quarterback. Hampton aint on Grambling's level, and you can bet Grambling is going to Houston to win. The guys at Grambling now are on par with the Cougars as far a talent, if the coaching holds up, Grambling wins this game.

Sounds like the usual I-AA dribble when they face what is percieved as a weak I-A team.

You'll have to prove it on the field. What's the SWAC track record against I-A foes as is? Houston nearly lost some close ones to the Kats in the '80s in the 'Dome with Ware at the helm. Not sure Grambling will have much success...

Hampton vs Grambling will be an interesting one. I'll be tuned in for it! :hurray: