PDA

View Full Version : NFL Super Regional Combine in Detroit

BEARKAT09
February 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM
NFL Network on NFL Super Regional Combines:
https://www.nflregionalcombines.com/

Select participants of NFL Regional Combines will be invited to attend the NFL Super Regional Combine that will be held at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan on March 30-31, 2012. Similar to the National Scouting Combine, invitees will have the opportunity to work out and showcase their talents in front of NFL club scouts and player personnel staff. The event will also be covered by NFL Network and NFL.com. NFL Regional Combine participants have to earn their invite to the Super Regional; so don’t delay and register for an NFL Regional Combine today.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d826b8280/Players-to-watch-at-combine

12 out of 300 hopefuls at Houston Regional Combine invited to Super Regional Combine in Detroit

Sam Houston State Defensive end EJ Nduka invited to Super Regional combine.

Highlight Reel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExwuKK7K2o xnodx

Any other FCS athletes invited to the Super Regional Combine? Apparently this is the first year the NFL is doing this. Seems to me this is an excellent opportunity for small school kids to get some great exposure in-front of NFL teams

DetroitFlyer
February 19th, 2012, 02:58 PM
They did it last year. Dayton's Steve Valentino made it through a local combine and was invited to Detroit. He begins playing in Switzerland next month.

Twentysix
February 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Chocolate cheese and watches, good choice.

BEARKAT09
February 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
I wasnt aware that switzerland had a football league. And im almost positive the nfl started this regional combines this year officially.

DetroitFlyer
February 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
I wasnt aware that switzerland had a football league. And im almost positive the nfl started this regional combines this year officially.

Like I said, Steve went through this last year. I think his local combine was in Columbus, OH. He was then invited to the combo at Ford Field here in Detroit. Information on playing in Europe is in the "pro" section. Dayton has three guys going to Europe to play, one in Switzerland, one in Italy and one in Sweden.

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2012, 08:28 AM

This is the first year that the folks who run the NFL Scouting Combine have taken over the regional combines. Regional combines have been around for a while. Last year though my NFL sources had yet to get the results from all of them before the draft. They have taken care of that this year and I hope to find out the results from them.

WTAMU DE Bryan Braman who made the Texans was a player who benefited from the regional combines. He put up test freak numbers and the only reason he went undrafted was his off the field issues. But his workout there helped him get the looks he did as a free agent.

BEARKAT09
February 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
This is the first year that the folks who run the NFL Scouting Combine have taken over the regional combines. Regional combines have been around for a while. Last year though my NFL sources had yet to get the results from all of them before the draft. They have taken care of that this year and I hope to find out the results from them.

WTAMU DE Bryan Braman who made the Texans was a player who benefited from the regional combines. He put up test freak numbers and the only reason he went undrafted was his off the field issues. But his workout there helped him get the looks he did as a free agent.

Yeah I was almost positive I was sure of what I read. Bryan Braman turned out to be a good pick up for the texans after all. I believe he also knew one of the coaches on the staff aswell.

DetroitFlyer
February 23rd, 2012, 02:25 PM

I have not looked up last year's information, but my memory is telling me that it sounds identical to what you are saying.... Maybe the regional combines were not NFL controlled but the Ford Field combine was? I'm not even certain that the regional combines were not being run by the NFL. I suppose I could look up the stuff from last year, but I am not that motivated....