PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Tenttive Schedule

katstrapper
February 16th, 2012, 08:06 AM
As announced on Sports Network, Kats will play Baylor and A&M in 2012. The tentative schedule for 2012.....

9/8 - Incarnate Word (DII) - Bowers

9/15 - Baylor (Big 12) - Waco

9/22 - Central Arkansas - Conway, AR

9/29 - Texas Southern - Houston Dynamo Stadium

10/6 - Stephen F. Austin - Houston Reliant Stadium*

10/13 - Nicholls - Thibodaux, LA

10/20 - McNeese State - Bowers

10/27 - Lamar - Beaumont

11/3 - Southeastern Louisiana - Bowers

11/10 - Northwestern State - Natchitoches, LA

11/17 - Texas A&M (SEC) - College Station, Tx

darell1976
February 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Baylor in the beginning of the year and Texas A&M at the end...YIKES! At least RG3 won't be at QB.

TheRevSFA
February 16th, 2012, 08:40 AM
3 home games!!!!! Man, you guys don't have to worry about keeping the kids on campus for football games.

AlphaGriz will probably **** himself with the Sam jokes based on this schedule

I-16Bandit
February 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
1 DII team and 2 BCS teams? You guys must want a hell of a challenge making it into the playoffs next season.

Sam_Kats
February 16th, 2012, 09:33 AM
3 home games!!!!! Man, you guys don't have to worry about keeping the kids on campus for football games.

AlphaGriz will probably **** himself with the Sam jokes based on this schedule

Annie is still upset about her camera.

TheRevSFA
February 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Annie is still upset about her camera.

Damnit I keep trying to rep you everytime you say something like this and I can't...someone rep him.

Tuscon
February 16th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I think ESPN deleted my comment on their blog when I called out Texas A&M for having two FCS teams on their schedule. What the hell?

frozennorth
February 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I think ESPN deleted my comment on their blog when I called out Texas A&M for having two FCS teams on their schedule. What the hell?

eSECpn

the party liine must not be questioned at the mothership.

also you better knock off baylor or a&m or else you will be on the road through the playoffs, if you make it at all.

cbarrier90
February 16th, 2012, 10:30 AM

If you had put "Tebow-Heat-Lin" in there they would have let it stand.

Sammy94
February 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
if you make it at all.

We play in the Southland remember? We have McNeese at Bowers and a tough Central Arky game in Conway but this team should have no issues being back to back Conference Champions which means a playoff berth. Tough playoff road no doubt but we should be there.

Professor Chaos
February 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
So a D2 along with 2 FBS squads? Sam is leaving themselves no room for error with that schedule. 7-3 (not counting the D2 game) won't get a SLC team in unless they take the autobid.

Sammy94
February 16th, 2012, 11:05 AM

Who is the other FCS team?

darell1976
February 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
So a D2 along with 2 FBS squads? Sam is leaving themselves no room for error with that schedule. 7-3 (not counting the D2 game) won't get a SLC team in unless they take the autobid.

Which may go to UCA.

Professor Chaos
February 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Who is the other FCS team?
South Carolina St

BEAR
February 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Which may go to UCA.

Love the enthusiasm...xlolx...but we have ONE opening..and I'm not seeing too many FCS or FBS schools with openings Sept. 15th for a home game at UCA. Plus Sammie returns tons of young talent. Beerkats should be preseason favs unless they slip up against us early. I think we have gotten some talented kids this year but the o-line is depleted...that's the anchor that will decide games.

FCSbuff319
February 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM

It did last season. Have you already forgotten about Central Arkansas? They were 7-3 (not counting their Henderson State win)

TheRevSFA
February 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Love the enthusiasm...xlolx...but we have ONE opening..and I'm not seeing too many FCS or FBS schools with openings Sept. 15th for a home game at UCA. Plus Sammie returns tons of young talent. Beerkats should be preseason favs unless they slip up against us early. I think we have gotten some talented kids this year but the o-line is depleted...that's the anchor that will decide games.

Plus SFA will beat you in Nac..solely because we're not playing on that eyesore that is now Estes Field :D :D :D

Professor Chaos
February 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM
It did last season. Have you already forgotten about Central Arkansas? They were 7-3 (not counting their Henderson State win)
If you want to rely on the Furman/Indiana St/Illinois St/Youngstown St teams of the world to lose games they should win then so be it but UCA needed a lot to fall their way last year and it did. Most years a 7-3 UCA or 7-4 EKU doesn't make it in based on their collective strength of the respective leagues even with a 20 team field.

FCSbuff319
February 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM
If you want to rely on the Furman/Indiana St/Illinois St/Youngstown St teams of the world to lose games they should win then so be it but UCA needed a lot to fall their way last year and it did. Most years a 7-3 UCA or 7-4 EKU doesn't make it in based on their collective strength of the respective leagues even with a 20 team field.

I think the Southland proved they were tougher than their numbers suggested this past season. If Sam Houston loses to a conference opponent and that being their only FCS loss, I think the committee will have a hard time finding teams with 3 FCS losses to replace the defending national runner-up as a selection for the playoffs.

HandoEX
February 16th, 2012, 01:04 PM
No way the selection committee leaves a 7-3 SHSU team out of the playoffs. No fricken way!

BEAR
February 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
With Sam's schedule this year they face the exact thing UCA faced last year.
2 FBS
1 DII
7 wins
1 conference loss (if they lose one of course)
8-3 overall record.

WHat they have going for them is a previous appearance in the NC title game.
What UCA had goiing for them was 8 straight victories after they were healthy again

Many were sayinig last year that UCA should be in and they made it.
If SHSU loses to UCA and ends up 8-3, they should be the at-large IF UCA wins the conference...and that's a big IF. But I see the Kats likely winning the conference again with the talent they have.

kingkat99
February 16th, 2012, 03:56 PM
NOTE... and I brought this up on KFs.com...

SHSU announced the Texas Southern, Texas A&M and Baylor games. The school has not officially announced a game against Incarnate Word via athletics, though the game was listed in the annual alumni calendar.

As we are all well aware - particularly SHSU fans in light of what Prairie View A&M did to us recently - individuals who believe that the schedule is final would be advised to hold their horses, because if UIW was finalized as well, it is safe to presume it would have been a full schedule announcement by the University instead of just TSU, TAMU and Baylor.

Until a final schedule is announced, I am not sure you can count on Incarnate Word being a done deal.

In the ATM press release it said that the schedule would be finalized "in the coming weeks" so maybe there is hope...

Bearkat-Backer
February 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
In the ATM press release it said that the schedule would be finalized "in the coming weeks" so maybe there is hope...

Who has a 9/1 or 9/8 open date and would be willing to come to Huntsville?

katstrapper
February 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
One of those will be an open date. Historically SHSU has always had an early open date, especially right before conference play starts. I hope we dump UIW, but I think it is going to be hard to find a FCS program that would come to Huntsville.

BEARKAT09
February 19th, 2012, 02:05 PM
3 HOME GAMES?

Cleets
February 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM
No way the selection committee leaves a 7-3 SHSU team out of the playoffs. No fricken way!

Agreed...
+1

BearIt
February 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM

However...SHSU likely scheduled themselves out of a seed and will probably find themselves on the road to one of the seeded teams for the 1st round (ala UCA). Their schedule just made not just the road to the playoffs more difficult, but also their road to the NC once they get there.

BEAR
February 19th, 2012, 06:13 PM
However...SHSU likely scheduled themselves out of a seed and will probably find themselves on the road to one of the seeded teams for the 1st round (ala UCA). Their schedule just made not just the road to the playoffs more difficult, but also their road to the NC once they get there.

+1

Sambow
February 20th, 2012, 03:37 AM

I completely agree.

slycat
February 28th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Man they screwed over the fans with four "home" games. The one at Reliant is picking up steam each year. At least A&M is close too.

katstrapper
February 29th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Man they screwed over the fans with four "home" games. The one at Reliant is picking up steam each year. At least A&M is close too.

Tx State move to a crappy FBS conference is what screwed all the scheduling. We all know what the A&M is replacing.

Sambow
February 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I guess we don't like to get National Seeds.

katstrapper
March 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I guess we don't like to get National Seeds.

Why is everyone automatically making the assumption that the playoff chances are gone? Kats come off a great season in 2011, play in the NC game with the majority of the team being sophomores. Kats return 9 offensive starters and 10 DEFENSIVE STARTERS, a defense that was ranked top 3 all season. Scheduling DII teams or lower dont get you a national seed either, nor does it get you the money. I think this team will be right back in the mix again....

tourguide
March 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Why is everyone automatically making the assumption that the playoff chances are gone? Kats come off a great season in 2011, play in the NC game with the majority of the team being sophomores. Kats return 9 offensive starters and 10 DEFENSIVE STARTERS, a defense that was ranked top 3 all season. Scheduling DII teams or lower dont get you a national seed either, nor does it get you the money. I think this team will be right back in the mix again....

Well when u factor in 7 wins is magic number to make playoffs and only 8 games vs fcs, yall gotta be almost perfect again to get back. 6-2 in conference and yall might be out. Assuming baylor and a&m are losses. Win one of those and everything changes

Sammy94
March 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Why is everyone automatically making the assumption that the playoff chances are gone?

Everyone isn't assuming that a playoff chance is gone. I have no doubt a 3 loss SHSU team makes the playoffs in 2012. The assumption is not being seeded. The playoffs will be on the road and a much tougher trip (ask GSU or Montana) to the NC game.
I assume we lose to Baylor and A&M, and maybe one conference loss (UCA, SFA, McNeese). Mcneese is one of the few Bowers games so that should be a win, UCA on the road could be tough and you just never know about SFA. Its possible we run through the conference undefeated again but that rarely happens back to back.

BEAR
March 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Everyone isn't assuming that a playoff chance is gone. I have no doubt a 3 loss SHSU team makes the playoffs in 2012. The assumption is not being seeded. The playoffs will be on the road and a much tougher trip (ask GSU or Montana) to the NC game.
I assume we lose to Baylor and A&M, and maybe one conference loss (UCA, SFA, McNeese). Mcneese is one of the few Bowers games so that should be a win, UCA on the road could be tough and you just never know about SFA. Its possible we run through the conference undefeated again but that rarely happens back to back.

Well with UCA having 10 games, 1 FBS, 1 Nat. champ. runners up, 2 non conf. and a dII most likely, all the Bearkats have to do is take care of their own business. UCA looked to kill itself BEFORE the season begins. If we do happen to pick up another FBS, it'll be for the paycheck thus eliminating us further from playoff contention. Sam, the favorite preseason, should get help from that fact.

slycat
March 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Tx State move to a crappy FBS conference is what screwed all the scheduling. We all know what the A&M is replacing.

Yawn. Y'all have had over a year to find a replacement. Not like temple backing out of MAC just 6 months before the start of the season.