PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ FLORIDA STATE!! HELL YEAH!!

LakesBison
February 9th, 2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/350301/group/homepage/

that would be so freakin amazing, lets do this BISON NATION!!

asujch
February 9th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Yall would get destroyed!

It would be pretty exciting for your fans though!!

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Love the fetal position comment.

frozennorth
February 10th, 2012, 02:52 AM
it would be interesting to see. I can only imagine what would happen if they won.

Dane96
February 10th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Awesome...I can watch my 'Noles smack some sense into Bison fans; Well, some Bison alien fans.

Dane96
February 10th, 2012, 07:10 AM
it would be interesting to see. I can only imagine what would happen if they won.

There is Minnesota...and then their is a nearly almost rebuilt FSU at Doak Campbell. Completely two different animals.

An NDSU win at Doak would arguably be an equal if not bigger upset than Appy over Michigan.

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Four schools flat-out told NDSU it will not travel to Fargo.

I'd like to know what those four schools are?

MR. CHICKEN
February 10th, 2012, 08:00 AM
There is Minnesota...and then their is a nearly almost rebuilt FSU at Doak Campbell. Completely two different animals.

An NDSU win at Doak would arguably be an equal if not bigger upset than Appy over Michigan.

16420......MICHIGAN...WAS RANKED...#5...IN DUH 2007 PRESEASON GIDDY-UP......WHEN...JERRY'S KIDS.......WENT POSTAL......IN DUH BIG HOUSE......NOW IFIN' DUH...BIZON.....DROP SOME CHIPS ON......FLA STATE.......WOOD BE LARGE......BUT NOT HUGE......LIKE DUH MOUSEKETEER.....STEEL CAGE EVENT......JES' SAYIN'....xrotatehx....BRAWK!

Wilson16
February 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'd like to know what those four schools are?

Teams that want/need home games.

DJKyR0
February 10th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Awesome...I can watch my 'Noles smack some sense into Bison fans; Well, some Bison alien fans.

Luckily we've got a title to back up at least some of our lunacy now.

DJKyR0
February 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM
16420......MICHIGAN...WAS RANKED...#5...IN DUH 2007 PRESEASON GIDDY-UP......WHEN...JERRY'S KIDS.......WENT POSTAL......IN DUH BIG HOUSE......NOW IFIN' DUH...BIZON.....DROP SOME CHIPS ON......FLA STATE.......WOOD BE LARGE......BUT NOT HUGE......LIKE DUH MOUSEKETEER.....STEEL CAGE EVENT......JES' SAYIN'....xrotatehx....BRAWK!

Florida State is getting its due, it's currently #8 on the Way Too Early Top 25 Poll from ESPN.

I-16Bandit
February 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Florida State is getting its due, it's currently #8 on the Way Too Early Top 25 Poll from ESPN.

They were way over-hyped last preseason. We'll see how things play out this next season.

LakesBison
February 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
now its Oklahoma too!

NDSU (defending FCS NATIONAL CHAMPION) getting calls from Oklahoma & Florida State for a game this year, 2012

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/350301/

NDSU beat Minnesota last year, Kansas the year before and won the national title. NDSU would bring 10,000 fans to Oklahoma, it would be a blast!!

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM
now its Oklahoma too!

NDSU (defending FCS NATIONAL CHAMPION) getting calls from Oklahoma & Florida State for a game this year, 2012

NDSU beat Minnesota last year, Kansas the year before and won the national title. NDSU would bring 10,000 fans to Oklahoma, it would be a blast!!

Lakes, Oklahoma is not a bottom feeder of the Big 12 and FSU is not a bottom feeder of the ACC. Don't expect a walk in the park.

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Lakes, Oklahoma is not a bottom feeder of the Big 12 and FSU is not a bottom feeder of the ACC. Don't expect a walk in the park.

But they promised us a sundae, a ring, and a walk through island park.

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
But they promised us a sundae, a ring, and a walk through island park.

hot fudge?

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
hot fudge?

xnodx with strawberry sauce, unfortunately when eating said sundae in the park today, the hot fudge becomes cold fudge in 2.37 seconds. Don't let the wind get'cha.

LakesBison
February 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=8688843&sto=MS_116624277 Oklahoma fans welcome NDSU

lets get this done Gene!!

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 09:14 AM
xnodx with strawberry sauce, unfortunately when eating said sundae in the park today, the hot fudge becomes cold fudge in 2.37 seconds. Don't let the wind get'cha.

That wind has a bite to it....that Florida sunshine would be nice.xsmiley_wix

NoDak 4 Ever
February 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=8688843&sto=MS_116624277 Oklahoma fans welcome NDSU

You mean a thread you started? I'm seeing a lot of "meh" coming from the OU fans.

Apphole
February 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM

That is preposterous. WAY bigger stadium, much higher BCS rank, many more future NFL stars, much better conference ect. Florida State couldn't hold Michigan's jock on a flaccid day in Tallahassee.

LakesBison
February 10th, 2012, 09:26 AM
what? Florida State is a top 10 team, Michigan is pathetic

Apphole
February 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
what? Florida State is a top 10 team, Michigan is pathetic

2007 Michigan. Chad Henne, Mario Manningham, Mike Hart ect. They went on to beat Florida in a BCS bowl game the same year Tebow won the Heisman trophy.

Professor Chaos
February 10th, 2012, 09:35 AM
2007 Michigan. Chad Henne, Mario Manningham, Matt Hart ect. They went on to beat Florida in a BCS bowl game the same year Tebow won the Heisman trophy.
Is he Mike Hart's brother?

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
2007 Michigan. Chad Henne, Mario Manningham, Matt Hart ect. They went on to beat Florida in a BCS bowl game the same year Tebow won the Heisman trophy.

I hope the Dolphins cut him!!!

I-16Bandit
February 10th, 2012, 09:38 AM

No.

And I wouldn't thump my chest about beating a team like Minnesota before playing teams like FSU or OK.

Apphole
February 10th, 2012, 09:42 AM
oops. I knew that....

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
No.

And I wouldn't thump my chest about beating a team like Minnesota before playing teams like FSU or OK.

Would you thump your chest over 7 points in a semifinal game? How about being 0-2 against NDSU. xlolx

TheRevSFA
February 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Nice attempt at rallying those dumb ****s in Oklahoma to want to play a team from Fargo.

I'll give you a 8 for effort...bu 3 for the response...

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Sooner-Football

Not a peep from Oklahoma fans on their message board.

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Sooner-Football

Not a peep from Oklahoma fans on their message board.

Why would they care? Did UND's messageboard explode the day a game against USF was scheduled(Actually, mentioned at being a slight possibility)?

USF still won.

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Why would they care? Did UND's messageboard explode the day a game against USF was scheduled(Actually, mentioned at being a slight possibility)?

USF still won.

Lakes said Okalahoma fans are talking about it. This has nothing to do with UND and USF.

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Lakes said Okalahoma fans are talking about it. This has nothing to do with UND and USF.

Then pm lakes. When you say it in a thread it is to everyone. ;)

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Then pm lakes. When you say it in a thread it is to everyone. ;)

Not when my response has Lakes's quote in it.

Twentysix
February 10th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Not when my response has Lakes's quote in it.

Damnit darell, I make the internets rules. The sooner you figure that out the better.

darell1976
February 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Damnit darell, I make the internets rules. The sooner you figure that out the better.

Plus if I PM Lakes I have to get one back and I would be afraid there would be another threat of violence in it...again.xlolx

LakesBison
February 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
or you asking me for gay sex?

Oklahoma fans ARE talking about the NDSU game, up to 20 replies.

Dane96
February 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Apphole...you're a tard.

Facts completely disprove your statement, and I begin with 1976 since FSU was irrelevant prior to that.

More first rounders, more draft picks, nearly the same number of current players (Michigan has a slight edge of 4), more Heisman winners, a bowl record of 23-9-1 compared to that of a sub .500 record for Michigan, more National titles...etc.

FLORIDA STATE HAS THE EDGE...though like I said, arguably close.

Further, I have been to games at FSU and Michigan. While bigger, Michigan doesnt hold the sound like Doak...architecture makes Doak much louder.

Carry on.

Apphole
February 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Apphole...you're a tard.

Facts completely disprove your statement, and I begin with 1976 since FSU was irrelevant prior to that.

More first rounders, more draft picks, nearly the same number of current players (Michigan has a slight edge of 4), more Heisman winners, a bowl record of 23-9-1 compared to that of a sub .500 record for Michigan, more National titles...etc.

FLORIDA STATE HAS THE EDGE...though like I said, arguably close.

Further, I have been to games at FSU and Michigan. While bigger, Michigan doesnt hold the sound like Doak...architecture makes Doak much louder.

Carry on.

Let's keep it on track and compare the 2007 Wolverines to the 2012 Semenholes. There's no comparison

soweagle
February 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
You're correct there is no comparison between the '07 Michigan team to the '12 FSU team. FSU will be a very good team this year. They return quite a bit and they have had two great recruitment years last year and this year.

asumike83
February 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
How can you even compare the '07 Michigan team to an FSU team that has not played yet?

Michigan was 9-4 in '07, beat a Tebow-led Gator team in their bowl game and finished #18 in the final AP Poll. If FSU does better than that in '12 and a MUCH bigger if NDSU actually plays and beats them at Doak, we can decide which was better.

soweagle
February 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I agree Mike but if Apphole is going to compare the two why can't I do it?

asumike83
February 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I agree Mike but if Apphole is going to compare the two why can't I do it?

True. My comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, just about the general premature ASU/Michigan - NDSU/FSU comparisons.

Dane96
February 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Let's keep it on track and compare the 2007 Wolverines to the 2012 Semenholes. There's no comparison

Correct, there isn't. Thanks for that.

WHAT I SAID, AGAIN...FOR THOSE WHO HAVE READING SKILLS PROGRESSING AND STUNTING AT THE 8th GRADE IS....IT WOULD ARGUABLY AS BIG OR A BIGGER WIN.

Got it?

Dane96
February 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
How can you even compare the '07 Michigan team to an FSU team that has not played yet?

Michigan was 9-4 in '07, beat a Tebow-led Gator team in their bowl game and finished #18 in the final AP Poll. If FSU does better than that in '12 and a MUCH bigger if NDSU actually plays and beats them at Doak, we can decide which was better.

See above.

Apphole
February 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM

WHAT I SAID, AGAIN...FOR THOSE WHO HAVE READING SKILLS PROGRESSING AND STUNTING AT THE 8th GRADE IS....IT WOULD ARGUABLY AS BIG OR A BIGGER WIN.

Got it?
^ This is where the comparison originated, not me.

asumike83
February 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Got it?

See above.

What I said, again, is that it is too early to make a comparison. FSU could win the ACC in 2012 or they could go 6-6, we have no idea. I simply stated my opinion, no need to attack my intelligence.

Saying that it would be arguably as big or a bigger win is making a comparison between the two games that is very premature. If you can't see that you are making a comparison in that sentence, I wouldn't be worrying about anyone else's reading comprehension skills.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 11th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Bring on FSU or OU for that matter. See how we stack up against them.

Hambone
February 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
FSU is already playing Murray State this year - why would they play 2 FCS schools??

clenz
February 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
FSU is already playing Murray State this year - why would they play 2 FCS schools??

They wouldn't since only one would count

Sent from my Samsung Mezmerize using Tapatalk

MTfan4life
February 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM

I think the '10 Virginia Tech team would be a better Michigan comparison. Although that Va Tech didn't get stomped by 32 at home a week after losing to their respective FCS team.

asumike83
February 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I think the '10 Virginia Tech team would be a better Michigan comparison. Although that Va Tech didn't get stomped by 32 at home a week after losing to their respective FCS team.

It would definitely be a much better comparison. They won their league and the JMU team who beat them did not even make the playoffs. From that perspective, it was probably a bigger upset, it just didn't have the same stage as the Michigan/App game or the distinction of being the first FCS loss for a ranked team. Plus, the Hokies had their 'Boise State hangover' excuse. As usual, VT waited until bowl season to take their beating!

darell1976
February 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM
OU scheduled Florida A&M for their 12th game.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/big-12/2012-oklahoma-sooners-football-schedule.php

appstate38
February 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
The ugly truth is that ACC is not all that great to begin with. Most of the teams in the ACC are very beatable by the top FCS teams.

chattownmocs
February 16th, 2012, 11:09 AM
The ugly truth is that ACC is not all that great to begin with. Most of the teams in the ACC are very beatable by the top FCS teams.

63-0 early 3rd.

FCSbuff319
February 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM
63-0 early 3rd.

Now be nice, it was 52-0 before App scored, not 63-0.

asumike83
February 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
It was much closer than the score would indicate.

You know those scoring systems are flawed! They don’t take into account houses that have more than two television sets and other things of that nature.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-809S5aIP6xc/Te-4-kSlx3I/AAAAAAAAA38/j0mZrsu9OTg/s640/wes.jpg

ASU_Fanatic
February 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM

An NDSU win at Doak would arguably be an equal if not bigger upset than Appy over Michigan.What the f***? No it wouldn't, Florida State sucks. Michigan was #5 when App beat them, they probably would have went 10-2 or 11-1 had we not beat them that year. FSU will go 7-5 next year.

ASU_Fanatic
February 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM
now its Oklahoma too!

NDSU beat Minnesota last year, Kansas the year before and won the national title. NDSU would bring 10,000 fans to Oklahoma, it would be a blast!!no they wouldn't, they wouldn't get that many tickets to give out

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2012, 05:24 PM
no they wouldn't, they wouldn't get that many tickets to give out

He's a dope but he may have a point. NDSU is one of the best traveling teams in FCS. They have routinely brought thousands to road games and outdrew SHSU 200 miles from their campus. There are always tickets to be found for these things. Season ticket holders often give up their seats to these possible blowout games.

bjtheflamesfan
February 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
EJ Manuel is no Marqueis Gray...and Oklahoma has this guy named Landry Jones...you might have heard of him...he's not exactly a Jordan Webb or Kale Pick...

asumike83
February 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM
He's a dope but he may have a point. NDSU is one of the best traveling teams in FCS. They have routinely brought thousands to road games and outdrew SHSU 200 miles from their campus. There are always tickets to be found for these things. Season ticket holders often give up their seats to these possible blowout games.

10,000 is a crazy number though. ASU sold out our allotment to VT within hours and we brought a great crowd despite being absolutely murdered but I'd say it was about half that number at most.

Redbirdz
February 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Jacksonville State came within a hair of beating Florida State three years ago. JSU was leading with 35 seconds left in the game 12-9.

If the stars align just right, these bigs can be beatened.

Dane96
February 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM
What the f***? No it wouldn't, Florida State sucks. Michigan was #5 when App beat them, they probably would have went 10-2 or 11-1 had we not beat them that year. FSU will go 7-5 next year.

I am not kidding...you want to bet HUGE bucks on it. I got a grand that says you need to get out more often...

LakesBison
February 19th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Now theres Nebraska rumors...That would be sweet to whoop that aas.

Twentysix
February 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Now theres Nebraska rumors...That would be sweet to whoop that aas.

I bet it turns out to actually be a one and done with a swac/meac team.

LakesBison
February 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
still talk going on .

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=16&f=2947&t=8688855&p=1

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
still talk going on .

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=16&f=2947&t=8688855&p=1

OK, at least be honest that you are CC and are keeping this discussion alive yourself. You make me want to send my diploma back every time you post. It's painful.

I-16Bandit
February 20th, 2012, 01:51 PM
OK, at least be honest that you are CC and are keeping this discussion alive yourself. You make me want to send my diploma back every time you post. It's painful.

All of the capitalization gives it away.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM

The insecurity in bumping that thread and then promoting as if there is some big discussion going on is disturbing, uncomfortable, and amusing.

citdog
February 20th, 2012, 05:15 PM
disturbing, uncomfortable, and amusing it reminds me of my first sexual experience with dback

very honest

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I still believe GT will get a FCS home game. Someone will come to Fargo to play for the right amount of $$.

LakesBison
February 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM
ha ha. IS THIS BETTER URSES!!!!!! http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?30021-Who-Rounds-Out-the-2012-Schedule

Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor

.................I ............say North Dakota State..........................!

colorado redo "No, we need a guaranteed victory."

Red Reign "Thats the hot rumor...would be a good choice....

ursus arctos horribilis
February 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
ha ha. IS THIS BETTER URSES!!!!!! http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?30021-Who-Rounds-Out-the-2012-Schedule

Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor

.................I ............say North Dakota State..........................!

colorado redo "No, we need a guaranteed victory."

Red Reign "Thats the hot rumor...would be a good choice....

Yes, but it isn't exactly out of the ordinary. Better than you pumping & bumping as if it's the other schools fans though.:D

darell1976
February 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM
HuskerJAG:

I read the posts there, and the rumor was basically started by a Husker fan. There wasn't any "intel" from any of the Bison posters to give any weight to the rumor. But, boy do they talk smack. When you win a championship, no matter the level, you gain some bravado. We need to get some of that again.

LakesBison
February 21st, 2012, 12:58 AM
Yea, cool quote.

But NDSU is saddened tonight , Tragic accident. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?105712-RIP-amp-Prayers-to-NDSU-dance-cheer-girls-perished-in-crash&p=1773217#post1773217

darell1976
February 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
NDSU can cross FSU off the list:

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022212aaa.html

Florida State will play Savannah State on September 8th and the entire 2012 schedule will be released shortly by the ACC. Savannah State will receive a guarantee of $475,000 to play the game.

asumike83
February 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Savannah State plays FSU and Oklahoma State in consecutive weeks to open the season? I understand playing the money games to stabilize yourself financially but I feel bad for the kids on that team. Both of those games are going to be embarrassing and could kill their confidence before the season even starts.

clenz
February 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Savannah State dropped UNI for the FSU game...UNI now has a date for Sept 8th...

BEAR
February 22nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Savannah State plays FSU and Oklahoma State in consecutive weeks to open the season? I understand playing the money games to stabilize yourself financially but I feel bad for the kids on that team. Both of those games are going to be embarrassing and could kill their confidence before the season even starts.

xeyebrowx xasswhipx

straightshooter
February 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Read somewhere that FSU plays Murray State on September 1 and Savannah State on September 8. Can that be right?

darell1976
February 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Read somewhere that FSU plays Murray State on September 1 and Savannah State on September 8. Can that be right?

You are correct. FSU's OOC schedule is Murray State, Savannah St, USF, and Florida.

asumike83
February 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM

Unfortunately, that is right. They had to fill a spot because West Virginia backed out of their game after the conference switch. I have a friend who is an FSU grad and their fans are livid.

LakesBison
February 22nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Im a HUGE FSU fan and I am pissed that NDSU didnt take the $500,000 FSU offerred. plus as a FSU fan, at least they would be playing the FCS champion

NoDak 4 Ever
February 22nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Im a HUGE FSU fan and I am pissed that NDSU didnt take the $500,000 FSU offerred. plus as a FSU fan, at least they would be playing the FCS champion

I'd actually be more pissed if they scheduled 2 FBS teams within a months span. That's not how you set yourself up for a repeat. There's a bigger picture.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'd actually be more pissed if they scheduled 2 FBS teams within a months span. That's not how you set yourself up for a repeat. There's a bigger picture.

Dead on. Especially this year with the likely sell outs of home games. By the time travel expenses and other **** related to an FSU game are taken care of you will net about 375,000 and that's not much of an uptick in revenue (if any) to take the loss and dampen your playoff chances.

LakesBison
February 26th, 2012, 04:51 PM
its CONFIRMED NEBRASKA asked NDSU for a game this year and NDSU's AD turned it down. ARGH DAMMIT!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
February 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
its CONFIRMED NEBRASKA asked NDSU for a game this year and NDSU's AD turned it down. ARGH DAMMIT!!!!

The payday must have been too low. You don't take games like those unless you are gonna get something out of it to help the Athletic Dpt.

Don't give me any of that stupid palaver about "playing up at a higher level does us good" **** either. Your AD realizes all of the supposed benefits and it wasn't worth it. My guess is financially from what has been said as a payday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 27th, 2012, 06:52 AM

Good for GT. No way do we need a 4 game stretch that includes: Colorado State-Nebraska-UNI-Youngstown.

I, and most Bison fans, like having 6 home games/year. GT will find a FCS game for us.

Twentysix
February 27th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Dead on. Especially this year with the likely sell outs of home games. By the time travel expenses and other **** related to an FSU game are taken care of you will net about 375,000 and that's not much of an uptick in revenue (if any) to take the loss and dampen your playoff chances.

7000 tickets at a base price of $25 bucks is $175,000 this neglects things like season tickets/student fees/concessions/parking/advertising money/merchandise etc(plus the potentials of some of those things in the playoffs). If NDSU clears less than 300,000 in profit from an FBS game I imagine it is counter-productive or very very close to being counter-productive.

I wish the school would release merchandizing numbers from 09-10 say, november to august then 11-12 novemeber to august. See what kind of monetary difference in merchandise sales their were between the Basketball bid to the NCAA, and the Football NC.

BisonHype!
February 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM

Agreed.