PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Upsets!!!

hidalgo
February 7th, 2012, 12:28 AM
ODU is getting alot of press............I see the Duquesne Dukes getting overlooked and pulling the upset. Coming off the 9-2 season and some key veterans returning. Obviously gonna be in the small minority on this one but Duquesne is quietly putting together a nice program improving each year. Any other potential week one upsets?????

bluehenbillk
February 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Duquesne could surprise - that's a good call. They'll have to get some turnovers to win that game.

Twentysix
February 7th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Ndsu will upset Robert morris lol

BEAR
February 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Will UCA upset Ole Miss? Maybe I should start a poll. xlolx

TheRevSFA
February 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM
well seeing as how week 1 SFA plays Southwest Oklahoma State......

However, can SFA upset SMU week 2? maybe.

Can SFA upset Texas State week 4? Hell no..we couldn't beat them when they were in conference with us..why start now?

GlassOnion
February 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
App at East Carolina. ECU was 5-7 last year, and has moderate losses from last year, especially on the OL and in the DB. App will also bring 4,000 or more to Greenville, and bring 10 of 11 back on defense. Half of the ECU coaches have ASU connections, so that will be interesting.

UMaineD
February 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Maine has a bye the first week but upset over BC in week 2

asumike83
February 7th, 2012, 03:58 PM

Given what I saw from BC and from Maine last year, that is a definite possibility.

HailSzczur
February 7th, 2012, 04:07 PM

Certainly not an impossible feat. Maine had a pretty good Pitt team on the ropes all day this past season, and last year's Pitt team was better than BC. Not sure what the outlook is this year for BC. I'd love to see you guys pull it off, we Nova fans hate the BE deserters.

HailSzczur
February 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I'd love to throw Nova on this list, but I just can't imagine it happening. We are still too young and inexperienced to beat Temple. I just home we make more of a game out of it than last year

McNeese75
February 8th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I guess McNeese will beat Texas A&M out of $200,000 as they have backed out of the Sept 1 game to play La Tech xcoolx

Twentysix
February 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I guess McNeese will beat Texas A&M out of $200,000 as they have backed out of the Sept 1 game to play La Tech xcoolx

Isnt that $$ low? Did you guys give them a break?

Bam
February 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
EKU over Purdue. Sorry Coach Hope, should have stuck around.

Silenoz
February 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Azuza Pacific over Davis

BisonHype!
February 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Whoa?! That does seem a little low.

Silenoz
February 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Free money for one less loss on the schedule. Maybe

YSURON
February 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Youngstown State over Pitt.

bjtheflamesfan
February 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I dont think that the Aggies were quaking at their boots at the thought of playing McNeese at Kyle Field...

tribefan40
February 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Maryland might have a shot... Seriously though, they've replaced everybody except Edsall and the janitors, so I'm hoping we at least give them a game.

McNeese75
February 13th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I dont think that the Aggies were quaking at their boots at the thought of playing McNeese at Kyle Field...

Probably not, and although history means nothing, the last time the Cowboys played there it was midway through the 4th quarter before the Aggies took the lead in the game.

The buyout may be $300,000 instead of $200,000 I am not sure. The Aggies are not afraid of McNeese but they obviously figured they needed to schedule a winnable FBS game before they get their *** handed to them by the SEC. They are going to wish they were back in the Big 12 come November. xnodx

Rumor has it McNeese will meet another FBS team in the first game but no official announcement has been made.

citdog
February 13th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Azuza Pacific over Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbPUiaRnQkU

Twentysix
February 14th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Probably not, and although history means nothing, the last time the Cowboys played there it was midway through the 4th quarter before the Aggies took the lead in the game.

The buyout may be $300,000 instead of $200,000 I am not sure. The Aggies are not afraid of McNeese but they obviously figured they needed to schedule a winnable FBS game before they get their *** handed to them by the SEC. They are going to wish they were back in the Big 12 come November. xnodx

Rumor has it McNeese will meet another FBS team in the first game but no official announcement has been made.

I think we typically get around 350 from the crappier bcs schools we have been playing lately. I would think A&M would be offering something like a half mil.

DJnva
February 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
ODU is getting alot of press............I see the Duquesne Dukes getting overlooked and pulling the upset. Coming off the 9-2 season and some key veterans returning. Obviously gonna be in the small minority on this one but Duquesne is quietly putting together a nice program improving each year. Any other potential week one upsets?????

ODU is also returning veterans, putting together a nice program, and improving each year.

I'm not seeing this one.

Then again, if everyone saw the upset coming, it wouldn't exactly be an upset.

TheRevSFA
February 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
McNeese will beat Mid Tenn State

hidalgo
February 14th, 2012, 04:09 PM
djnva- 2 upcoming prgrams...........hoping to catch ODU thinking NEC team no problem....i honestly feel if we can win this game we run the table with the group we have coming back. Takes alot of luck , injury free............not being cocky just really like this group the Dukes bring back.

McNeese75
February 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM
We are talking about a contract buyout here NOT the money for playing the game. I doubt NDSU is getting a half mil for a buyout.