PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Road games you will be traveling to

blackfordpu
May 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM
The 2005 season is going to be here faster than we know it. I have already started getting people together to go to some of the Sam Houston road games. I am going to try and make all of them, since it is the off season for my line of work. :)

What about you?

Week 2 - definetley going to Houston to watch Sam whoop up on the Cougers. :)

Week 3 - driving the 8 hours to Lubbock, Tx to watch what may turn out to be a good game against the TT.

Week 7 - may go to Thibodaux, La depending on how well Nicholls St. is doing.

Week 9 - I'll be there for this one against McNeese St. See you there buck. :)

Week 11 - I may actually go to the Northern Colorado game. My fieance (will be wife at the time (man that sounds weird :) )) is from Co. so we may make a weekend of it and go see her family.

Week 12 - San Marcos isnt that far of a drive and it could actually be a good game. :)

D1B
May 22nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
UNI at Iowa

UNI / Indiana state - hopefully many more

Southern/ Grambling

At least one Montana home and Montana at Oregon

Will be in New Orleans in September, will hit a McNeese or SWAC game.

ngineer
May 22nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately for Lehigh, most of our big contests are on the road, so I'm definitely going to try and make more than my usual couple. Definitely going to New-Ark to see our skirmish in the Tub on September 10. Work won't allow me enough time to travel to VMI, though I'd love it since I've done some studying of the Civil War.
However I have made plans to go the Harvard. Lehigh's Booster Club is already planning on at least two buses to Boston, with many more travelling by car in alumns in the area, we should have a decent show. Bucknell is a nice two hour road trip so that's a definite, but I'm afraid a trek to Andy Kerr will be out of question this year with other commitments that weekend. Fordham will probably be a "go" this year--about a two hour ride--though traffic can be questionable in the Big Apple.
So four out of six away games I expect to make. Not too shabby. :cool:

exbearkat
May 22nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
The 2005 season is going to be here faster than we know it. I have already started getting people together to go to some of the Sam Houston road games. I am going to try and make all of them, since it is the off season for my line of work. :)

What about you?

Week 2 - definetley going to Houston to watch Sam whoop up on the Cougers. :)

Week 3 - driving the 8 hours to Lubbock, Tx to watch what may turn out to be a good game against the TT.

Week 7 - may go to Thibodaux, La depending on how well Nicholls St. is doing.

Week 11 - I may actually go to the Northern Colorado game. My fieance (will be wife at the time (man that sounds weird :) )) is from Co. so we may make a weekend of it and go see her family.

Week 12 - San Marcos isnt that far of a drive and it could actually be a good game. :)I plan on attending every game this season just like the last 4 years. I must admit, though, that I am looking most forward to the Northern Colorado trip. We are going to make it a 4 day weekend. Also, that drive to Nicholls is pretty rough, but it has ended up being a pretty fun game the last few times I've made it.

Tribe4SF
May 22nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Traveling with the Tribe.

9/1 Marshall
9/10 VMI
10/15 Northeastern (Got to see if it's as bad as they say)
10/29 Villanova
11/19 Richmond

GeauxLions94
May 22nd, 2005, 11:15 PM
UNI at Iowa

Why go to McNeese (or a SWAC game) when Southeastern is only an hour away? Any chance you'd be down Oct. 1 to see the Lions whup up on Tulane?

wkuhillhound
May 22nd, 2005, 11:19 PM
San Marcos is about 100 - 120 miles away from Huntsville, so about a 2 - 2.5 hour drive is certainly a reasonable distance. Mapquest.com is the bomb!

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 22nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Delaware-100% will be there
VMI- I was in Lexington, VA once in my life on my way back from from a nascar race in Martinsville. It's about a 6 1/2-7 hour drive but it's a great ride in the fall down 81. Probably too far for a game that will be over by half.
Harvard-most likely gonna go if both are in the top 25
Bucknell-will be there
Fordham-will be there
Colgate-will be there

Baldy
May 23rd, 2005, 01:11 AM
Going to Boston labor day weekend for the Northeastern game and probably to Brookings for the SD State game. Not to mention Boone, Sparkle City, and Elon for SoCon games.

bluehenbillk
May 23rd, 2005, 06:48 AM
Towson
Purdue vs Penn State
William & Mary - if it's not in TV
Villanova

saint0917
May 23rd, 2005, 06:55 AM
Week 2- 09/10/05: I'm going to Colgate

Week 9- 11/05/05: I might go to Delaware

TheValleyRaider
May 23rd, 2005, 07:28 AM
I'll be joining the band going to Princeton, Holy Cross and Lafayette for certain. Dartmouth is a maybe, and Georgetown is a definite no.

HensRock
May 23rd, 2005, 07:54 AM
Week 9- 11/05/05: I might go to Delaware

Come on down. You will not regret it. Ask Umassfan about his trip down in 2003. I just watched that 3OT game on DVD. The Minutemen were an awesome team that year. I remember when the bracket was announced I was sure we'd be seeing you in Chattanooga for a rematch.

89Hen
May 23rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Delaware @ Towson and @ W&M are definites, @ Nova is a remote chance.

saint0917
May 23rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Come on down. You will not regret it. Ask Umassfan about his trip down in 2003. I just watched that 3OT game on DVD. The Minutemen were an awesome team that year. I remember when the bracket was announced I was sure we'd be seeing you in Chattanooga for a rematch.

I'm gonna try to get down there, I would love to see a game at Delaware. If I come down I'll have to get together with the Delaware fans from the AGS board, You, 89Hen, Rob, etc...

Eaglegus2
May 23rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
Wherever the Eagles play, I will be there.

I am especially looking forward to the Northeastern game in Boston & the South Dakota State game in Brookings.

Looks like I will be building those frequent flyer miles. ;)

Ronbo
May 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM
I go to a couple away games a year. This year Eugene, Or. for sure. Haven't decided on a second yet, maybe ISU.

buckp
May 23rd, 2005, 08:47 AM

I'll be here, blackfordpu - come in early Friday, so we can go eat some great food! :nod:

As far as road games - I don't think I'll be traveling very much this year due to my Mom's condition, but if I get a chance, I really would like to see 'the real 6 flags over Georgia' come Sept. 10th...;)

Ivytalk
May 23rd, 2005, 09:14 AM
The road games on my 2005 list for Harvard include Lafayette, maybe Cornell, and Yale.

kats89
May 23rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
Ex,

Looks like we will be seeing a lot of each other again this year. UH and Tx Tech are a for sure thing. No. Colorado is the only one I will have to wait and see, however I really want to go to Greely for that one. That will be a nice trip late in the season.

McNeeserocket
May 23rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
UNI at Iowa

UNI / Indiana state - hopefully many more

Southern/ Grambling

At least one Montana home and Montana at Oregon

McNeese plays SWAC power Southern University on Sept. 3rd! So you can accomplish both tasks at one time. McNeese won't play at home again until Sept. 24th, so make plans to be at the first game. But get your tickets early because I think this one may sell out, as Southern will bring a lot of fans! Let me know if you need tickets! I can probably get you some if you let me know early enough.

Eagle_77
May 23rd, 2005, 10:54 AM
At this point I will be only going to 2-5 road games this year. I am for sure going to Wofford and App st but at this point looks like I will miss the trip to Boston, South Dakota, and Elon. I really want to make that trip to Boston but doesnt look like im going to be able to get off work.

McNeeserocket
May 23rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
I plan on going to all the McNeese games. That means I will see six games at home and 5 games on the road (maybe more if we make the playoffs this year)! The five games on the road that I will travel to are:

9-10 Georgia Southern - I am looking forward to this game. I had a good time the last time I traveled to GSU for the 1st round playoff game in 2000.

9-17 Southern Missisissippi - Looking forward to this game also. The last and only time McNeese played Southern Miss. was in the 1980 Independence Bowl where we lost in the last minute on a field goal.

10-22 Southeastern LA University - McNeese fans had a great time the last time we traveled to Hammond. I am sure their fans will make us feel welcome.

11-5 Texas State - This game ought to be one of our toughest (maybe toughest) conference game.

11-19 Nicholls State - McNeese fans always enjoy this annual game as Nicholls plays that option defense that is hard for McNeese to defend.

griz37
May 23rd, 2005, 11:03 AM
I will not be missing a Griz game until November, we only have two road games in the first 2 months. The Oregon game, we already have our tickets. I went to watch my Wolverines in '03 and Autzen is a great place to see a game whether you team wins & loses. Then in October we will make a trip to Pocatello to visit the polar opposite of Autzen. The Griz will be taking on ISU in what can only be described as a glorified potato barn. Haven't decided about going to Bozo for Cat-Griz I have heard lots of horror stories about Bozeman, plus Michigan-Ohio St. is the same day.

LBPop
May 23rd, 2005, 11:50 AM
and Georgetown is a definite no.

Well, it is a long drive and I guess you figure it to be an easy win for the 'gate. Let me offer a few incentives for the long trip:

1) It's gotta be warmer than upstate NY in November
2) It may have an impact on Colgate's playoff chances (especially if the Hoyas pull off an upset or two earlier in the season)
3) You will get a first hand look at the early stages of the new sports facility
4) The Georgetown area of DC may have the best entertainment opportunities in the PL for after the game.

I will tell you that it is a near sure thing that I will be up in Hamilton for the 2006 contest. Of course, the fact that it takes place in late September and I hear that the area is beautiful at that time, is a strong incentive. Hoping you reconsider. ;)

GannonFan
May 23rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Nothing crazy this year - just at Towson and at nova - Maine is just too far and W&M has those bad sight lines. Only 4 to choose from this year as well!

UD1993
May 23rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
same here gannon fan. nova and towson for sure. maybe w&m. maine is too far. hens are lucky travel wise. 4 road games and 2 of them are an hour from newark.

ngineer
May 23rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
The road games on my 2005 list for Harvard include Lafayette, maybe Cornell, and Yale.

When are you guys at Lafayette?? I'm hoping it's our bye week of 9/17..

Umass74
May 23rd, 2005, 02:50 PM
Looks like a good year for road trips for me.

Richmond is iffy. It's a thursday night game. I've been to City stadium a number of times and it's been fun. The spider mascot zooms around on a ATV.

Definitely going to Colgate. Would like to see what it looks like with greater than 50 yards visibility.

Maine. Got relatives in Baileyville, ME (ask Maine Jeff how far up THAT is), so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Delaware. We stay in Amish County up in PA and just run down PA route 897 to Newark. Great atmosphere and the Hen band is almost as good as UMass ;) The bride gets to shop and I get to go to the game.

Already made plans to go to Army. Can't miss West Point.

Negatory on Hofstra. Do you remember when Alice asks the Chesire Cat for directions and he replys "You can't get to there from here!". He was describing trying to get to Long Island from New England.

grizbeer
May 23rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
Oregon for sure (tickets are ordered), possibly at Idaho State, and maybe Griz/Cat.

FightinBluHen51
Delaware @ Towson and @ W&M are definites, @ Nova is a remote chance.

Ehh, Punk! You better be @ MainLine!!!

As for me, Towson, Nova are defintes on the schedule, W&M and Maine have little doubt right now as I am 90% planning on making both of them. I could be looking @ seeing the entire season in person.

ChickenMan
Plan to be at all four UD road games Towson, W&M, Maine and Nova... but would consider missing Nova... if it's on TV... as the ONLY thing that the Nova trip has going for it is the short drive.

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Looks like a good year for road trips for me.

Richmond is iffy. It's a thursday night game. I've been to City stadium a number of times and it's been fun. The spider mascot zooms around on a ATV.

Definitely going to Colgate. Would like to see what it looks like with greater than 50 yards visibility.

Maine. Got relatives in Baileyville, ME (ask Maine Jeff how far up THAT is), so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Delaware. We stay in Amish County up in PA and just run down PA route 897 to Newark. Great atmosphere and the Hen band is almost as good as UMass ;) The bride gets to shop and I get to go to the game.

Already made plans to go to Army. Can't miss West Point.

Negatory on Hofstra. Do you remember when Alice asks the Chesire Cat for directions and he replys "You can't get to there from here!". He was describing trying to get to Long Island from New England.

You mean Route 896!

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Plan to be at all four UD road games Towson, W&M, Maine and Nova... but would consider missing Nova... if it's on TV... as the ONLY thing that the Nova trip has going for it is the short drive.

And taking over their stadium. Keep me posted about your Maine trip, I don't know who I might have in on that one yet but I do have a buddy that will probably be working in CT through the end of the year and he's game for Orono!! Easier to travel in a group unless your flying (which I won't do).

Umass74
May 23rd, 2005, 03:13 PM
You mean Route 896!

FBH51 is correct. Sorry, finger failure. Makes an interesting drive, dodging Amish buggies on the way to the game.

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
FBH51 is correct. Sorry, finger failure. Makes an interesting drive, dodging Amish buggies on the way to the game.

I'm not to far from Lancaster Co. (cross over the Susquhanna just below Holtwood Hydroelectric Dam) and there are also some in York Co. PA (county above the one in MD I live) so I know all about that. Besides, I cross 896 everyday up US 1 to PA 41 to make my way into Wilmington as I've come to avoid I 95 like the black death.

TheValleyRaider
May 23rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Well, it is a long drive and I guess you figure it to be an easy win for the 'gate. Let me offer a few incentives for the long trip:

1) It's gotta be warmer than upstate NY in November
2) It may have an impact on Colgate's playoff chances (especially if the Hoyas pull off an upset or two earlier in the season)
3) You will get a first hand look at the early stages of the new sports facility
4) The Georgetown area of DC may have the best entertainment opportunities in the PL for after the game.

I will tell you that it is a near sure thing that I will be up in Hamilton for the 2006 contest. Of course, the fact that it takes place in late September and I hear that the area is beautiful at that time, is a strong incentive. Hoping you reconsider. ;)

The driving distance is unfortunate, as DC is a great place to visit. However, you're also competing with hockey's SilverPuck Weekend. For the band, there's no contest between hockey and football, especially when we're hosting a visiting band.

NorthDakotaBison
May 23rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
I'm planning on making the trip from Fargo to Bozeman and pondering driving down to Carbondale in November, that would be about 3500 miles round trip.

JMU Duke Dog
May 23rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
These are the JMU road games I hope to be in attendance...

Sept. 10 JMU at Coastal Carolina
Oct. 22 JMU at Delaware
Nov. 5 JMU at W&M

Spider
May 23rd, 2005, 06:48 PM
Since I don't live in the Capital City anymore, every game I attend will be 'on the road'. UMass @ UR (this UR win will not be an upset!), UR @ Lafayette (payback for last year), UR @ UD (tough to win in the Tub, but should be a good one), UR @ Towson (Towson is not up to par yet).......GO SPIDERS

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 07:26 PM

Oct. 22 JMU at Delaware

Get your tickets early!!!

Grizo406
May 23rd, 2005, 07:42 PM
As it stands now, Grizo is going to the Oregon game, a UNI game, and maybe a trip to Chattanooga.

Lapper
May 23rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Heading up to Albemarle County (aka North Carolina; that whole state used to be a county ruled by the civil in Charleston) to see the Elon and Appalachian games. Also going to go to SC State where I hear they REALLY know how to tailgate in Orangeburg....we'll see. Won't make it to Liberty but will make it to the bloodbaths at Savannah State and Charleston Southern. HURRY UP SEPTEMBER!!

JaxSinfonian
May 23rd, 2005, 08:35 PM
For now, I'm just headed to Birmingham twice. First to Legion Field for JSU's game against I-A UAB, then to Paul Snow Memorial West, a.k.a. Siebert Stadium for the Samford game. I may add a trip to Nashville for the Tennessee State Game.

blackfordpu
May 23rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
I plan on attending every game this season just like the last 4 years. I must admit, though, that I am looking most forward to the Northern Colorado trip. We are going to make it a 4 day weekend. Also, that drive to Nicholls is pretty rough, but it has ended up being a pretty fun game the last few times I've made it.

Maybe we can meet up somewhere sometime Ex and have a beer while watching the Kats whoop up on someone. :)

That goes for all Kats fans who will be at the games.

Retro
May 23rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
At least 4 of the 5 McNeese road games:

Georgia Southern
Southern Miss
SE Louisiana
Texas State

and maybe Nicholls st.

also will be at the Senior Bowl this year, hopefully seeing many I-aa players..

Lapper
May 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM

Sept. 10 JMU at Coastal Carolina
Oct. 22 JMU at Delaware
Nov. 5 JMU at W&M

I'm giving out free chicken bog and beer to all of you Dukes that want some. May have an Oyster Roast too. mmm mmm GOOD!!! Bienvenue!

UAalum72
May 23rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
UMass and Central Conn. for sure, Fordham and Wagner possible, Monmouth unlikely, Maine almost no chance.

McNeese75
May 23rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
I plan on going to all the McNeese games. That means I will see six games at home and 5 games on the road (maybe more if we make the playoffs this year)! The five games on the road that I will travel to are:

9-10 Georgia Southern - I am looking forward to this game. I had a good time the last time I traveled to GSU for the 1st round playoff game in 2000.

9-17 Southern Missisissippi - Looking forward to this game also. The last and only time McNeese played Southern Miss. was in the 1980 Independence Bowl where we lost in the last minute on a field goal.

10-22 Southeastern LA University - McNeese fans had a great time the last time we traveled to Hammond. I am sure their fans will make us feel welcome.

11-5 Texas State - This game ought to be one of our toughest (maybe toughest) conference game.

11-19 Nicholls State - McNeese fans always enjoy this annual game as Nicholls plays that option defense that is hard for McNeese to defend.

Same schedule here Rocket, I will be at them all! :nod:

blackfordpu
May 23rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
San Marcos is about 100 - 120 miles away from Huntsville, so about a 2 - 2.5 hour drive is certainly a reasonable distance. Mapquest.com is the bomb!

Who are you talking about making the game hillhound? Yourself?

Husky Alum
May 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
For me..

Either Youngstown or NW State, can't get the wife to agree to both.

UMass
URI
UNH
Villanova

Gus, if you're coming to Boston, I may have a bead on Sox tickets for you for the day after the NU-GSU game, if you're interested...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 24th, 2005, 08:37 AM
On the radar screen:

Towson
William & Mary
Hofstra

UC-Davis is doubtful, will try for GSU @ NU instead

lucchesicourt
May 24th, 2005, 09:11 AM
It's too bad you can't make it to the UCD game. That game is being played in the best weather of the year. It'll probably be something like 85-95 degrees, clear sky, little to no wind, and just beautiful summer weather. The evenings in UCD this time of the year are just unbelievable. Because the sun has begun to settle you don't get the searing heat. It is just great!!!
The only drawback to UCD games is the stadium in which we play. It is more like an older high school stadium, but next year we will be in a NEW facility. It's about time for UCD to move up to the likes of Berkley as UCD has as many students, and eventually will be home to more students than Berkeley as UCD has much more land. Anyone who has seen the campus has got to be impressed with the size and looks of this institution.

GannonFan
May 24th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I'm not a fan of those games played during summer conditions - I can't stand being in a packed stadium in the middle of a warm August or September and actually sweating watching a game. There's just something wrong about that. I much prefer those games to be at night when it's cooler and I certainly prefer the late autumn games where jeans and a sweatshirt are needed. Football is much better enjoyed in the colder temperatures.

The Gadfly
May 24th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Charleston Southern
Liberty
Savannah State
Appalachian State
Elon
SC State

We, the CCU students, have created something called "Need-A-Ride" on a website called "The Face Book" where we only have about 45 students right now who plan to get a ride to the away games. Almost all of them are going to the ASU game. :cool: Hope to have more when the Fall semester starts again.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 24th, 2005, 11:33 AM
It's too bad you can't make it to the UCD game.

Believe me, I'd love to be there, but it's a tough weekend trip!! If I went to California, then I'd really want to stay longer than a weekend! And with a trip planned in October, a CA trek isn't feasible. But I've been known to do similar crazy things in my life!! :D

The UNH Alumni Association usually has an event at one away football game per season and I believe this year will be the game at Davis. With good publicity hopefully the event will attract a fair showing of UNH fans. The West Coast alumni don't get too many opportunities to see the Wildcats!

BTW, I agree with GannonFan, I prefer football in cooler weather. Especially since players perform better in cooler conditions.

Lapper
May 24th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Charleston Southern
Liberty
Savannah State
Appalachian State
Elon
SC State

We, the CCU students, have created something called "Need-A-Ride" on a website called "The Face Book" where we only have about 45 students right now who plan to get a ride to the away games. Almost all of them are going to the ASU game. :cool: Hope to have more when the Fall semester starts again.

You need to find a way this next semester to make the whole school aware of that Gadfly. See if you can post it on the boards in all of the buildings. I'm sure we can get more to go. SCREAM (CCU's "student fan club") is also booking buses to away games. It should be nasty. :D

Husky Alum
May 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
UNH Alum, come on up for the GSU game. This time I'll actually be AT the tailgate I invite you to!!!

We have some great Parsons-Field friendly beverages to share as well...

JMU Duke Dog
May 24th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Get your tickets early!!!

I'm giving out free chicken bog and beer to all of you Dukes that want some. May have an Oyster Roast too. mmm mmm GOOD!!! Bienvenue!

How do visiting team fans get tickets to your respective schools? Thanks for the hospitality! If my friends and I can get tickets to these games, both road trips should be extremely exciting.

DFW HOYA
May 24th, 2005, 09:10 PM
A I-AA road trip for me is really a road trip, but I think the 9/3 Georgetown-Bucknell game is likely and the 10/15 game at Cornell is a definite. If there was some way to swing the noon start at State College with the 6:00 kickoff in Lewisburg, that'd be a double-header.

A tough choice between SMU and the Fightin' Texas Aggies (whoooop!) at Kyle Field on 9/17, but Georgetown-Brown is already a commitment. First Ivy team ever to play in DC...gotta be there!

dungeonjoe
May 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Wofford road games @citadel @gardner webb

perhaps @ Furman

P2TheB
May 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Probably these games:
UNI at Iowa
UNI at W.Illinois (I think a fan bus is going)

Maybe this game:
UNI at Illinois State

Watch on tv:
@ Missouri St.
@ WKU