PDA

View Full Version : Grading UND's Recruiting Class, and IPF talk

darell1976
February 4th, 2012, 01:44 PM
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

Grading The 2012 Class

Posted on February 3, 2012 by Fritz Jarrett

DISCLAIMER: These are strictly our rube opinions and NOT to be considered expert analysis by any means. We graded based on need, numbers at each position, and quality of the recruits at each position. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

OFFENSE

Biggest areas of need: QB, WR, TE

QB – With landing the region’s top recruit in Joe Mollberg, UND had already got exactly what it was looking for with a QB of the future. The PR trophy that came with landing Mollberg over I-29 rivals NDSU and SDSU was just the cherry on top. They then added Ryan Bartels from Illinois to this class and turned what was an uncertain position into a strength moving forward into the Big Sky. Braden Hansen’s transfer from The University of North Carolina to UND to play his senior season in 2012 could be the perfect bridge to the future at the QB spot.
GRADE: A

RB/FB – While we are uncertain what position Kodee Varner will end up playing at UND, we anticipate he will start off at the running back position. As the defending state champ in the 100 meter dash in Montana, Varner’s speed will be his biggest asset. Kevin Bayer looks to be a perfect candidate to play fullback in the UND 2-back sets. The Illinois product definitely has the demeanor that it takes to play the FB position. Mott-Regent’s Tanner Vesledahl also fits into the H-back mold and could add some much needed depth to the position with his size and athleticism (6’3″-215).
GRADE: B-

WR – 6-4, 6-3, 6-3. Chicago, Omaha and Phoenix provided UND with a wide receiver class that hasn’t ever been this loaded with talent and size. Kenny Golladay could be the steal of the 2012 class with the skill set he possesses and looks to be the complete package. He also is a candidate to have his redshirt pulled and play immediately. Zach Oliver is another big, physical WR who can make plays in traffic and go up over smaller defenders in jump ball situations. Anthony Fletcher probably possesses the best top-end speed in the group. Whoever ends up coaching the WR position group will inherit a wealth of young talent.

TE – Harvey native Tucker Nordby (6’5″-235) is an athletic North Dakota kid who will definitely be in the shuffle at the TE spot in his younger years. Luke Mathewson (6’5″-235) is another Illinois recruit who is a high-energy, athletic, physical talent who also played a good defensive end position. These two will add much needed depth at the position moving forward with 2 TE’s graduating after 2012 and should be in the rotation after their redshirt year. We seem them both as good blocking tight ends who probably won’t put up big numbers in the passing game but will definitely be a factor in the running game.
GRADE: B

OL – With 15 returning OL currently on the UND roster, and 9 of them having been true or redshirt freshman last season, there didn’t seem to be a huge need to add to this position group. It also probably speaks highly of what the coaching staff thinks of what they already have in house. However, the addition they did make in 6-4, 285 pound Joel Isenberg will definitely help with depth at guard or center in the future. (We gave this position a low grade based on numbers, not talent).
GRADE: C-

Punter/Kicker – No signees in 2012 class.
GRADE: Incomplete

DEFENSE

Biggest areas of need: DL, ILB, Safety

DL – This was a big area of need for the defense. The immediate addition of JUCO transfer defensive end EJ Welch (6’2″-290) will no doubt help next season in the Big Sky. Welch is a monster who should be a dual threat against the pass and the run. It has been stated by UND coaches that Mike Edwards “dominated” the noseguard spot at their summer camp and was the best player at the position that included Western Michigan signee Jonathan Harden from Cretin-Derham Hall. This is especially impressive considering Edwards primarily played guard on offense in high school. Alec Carrothers is another Millard West product who reminds us of a young Ross Brenneman – high praise to be sure – and could be another sleeper who flew under the radar and end up being a steal. Devon Hall, a 6′-4″ 245lb signing day surprise, is another pass rushing threat off the edge from California who we are still learning about. This position of need was addressed well overall by the staff with talent and depth.
GRADE: B+

OLB – Pass rushing pressure is most dependent upon the edge rushers in this 3-4 defense. The outside linebackers have been notorious playmakers throughout the years and the athletic trend continues with the additions in this class. Taj Rich, Jared Tuilagi and Joe Schobert are exactly the type of athletes UND coaches search for at the OLB positions. Schobert is another preferred walk-on who is incredibly athletic and played multiple positions – could be another steal.

ILB – This was a position of need and we believe the staff did a great job of addressing it. JUCO transfer Derrick Goard will be relied on to step in immediately and contribute and potentially start if warranted. Detroit Lakes’ Brian Labat is the gem of this group and could play a variety of positions, but we expect to be an athletic playmaking weakside linebacker. We’re excited about the potential of Bemidji’s Brandon Larson and Mandan’s Jake Watson. Both are preferred walk-ons but both have the potential to be solid players in the near future, on special teams and from their LB positions.
GRADE: B

Safety – This position was the biggest area of need in the secondary (even though they signed a few last year in Butler, Fifita, Idowu) and UND signed a good one from Northern Iowa’s backyard. UNI & USD both offered Ryan Cain a scholarship, but he ultimately decided on UND. The 6 foot Cain could be a late-blooming prospect because of his injury during his senior year and cornerbacks coach Benny Boyd did a great job of landing the “Hawkeye State” product. Mandan, ND athlete Devin Coyle could potentially be starting his career at the safety spot as well. There is also talk that it’s very possible there could still be a late addition to this spot, which would be warranted. We factored into our grade the fact UND only signed one safety.
GRADE: C+

Cornerback – At corner, UND added Wisconsin’s Dan Konowalski. Konowalski’s instincts and feel along with his physical play specifically impressed us on film. While we don’t feel corner was a huge need this year, he will add great depth at the corner spot for the future, which is paramount in the pass-happy Big Sky. Hopefully, he can push for playing time early in his career. Once again, we factored into our grade the fact they only signed one corner.
GRADE: C

RECAP
UND’s recruiting over the last 4-5 years has taken a step up each and every year and the quality of the athletes being brought in has definitely been on the upswing. The different variables holding them back in the past that opposing recruiters have used against them are starting to dry up. The transition is over, UND is in the Big Sky, and they are now playoff eligible – 3 HUGE hurdles gone. Combine that with the Indoor Practice Facility that is on the immediate horizon and recruiting should continue to improve dramatically over the next 3 years. This has been evident by UND’s being able to win the head-to-head recruiting battles against regional FCS schools this year, which has been easier said than done since the transition started.

Football facility improvements are the last big hurdle to overcome in the recruiting battles and we feel the IPF project will be announced before kickoff this fall. As we stated, recruiting has gotten much better the last few years, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. The most important position of need (QB) was addressed in a big way in this class. Congrats to the entire staff.

OVERALL GRADE FOR 2012 CLASS: B+

Key Misses:
CB – DJ Hebert (UNI)
DE – Brett Pierce (NDSU)
OT – Ben Lauer (Minnesota Walk-On)
NG – Austin Farnlof (NDSU)
S – Ben Holcomb (Minnesota Walk-On)
DE – Chris Wiseman (USD)
OT – Landon Lechler (NDSU)
S – Charles Elmore (SDSU)
S/Punter – Sam Foltz (Nebraska Walk-On)
OG – Dustin Adams (Northern Illinois)
DE – Ross Dzuris (Nebraska Walk-On)
NG – Dylan Utter (Nebraska Walk-On)
LB – Zach Riopelle (NDSU)

frozennorth
February 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I think they should have put more emphasis on the secondary.

darell1976
February 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I think they should have put more emphasis on the secondary.

After this game I couldn't agree more:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313022458

Northern Colorado Passing

S. Lobato

23/36 430 YDS 11.9 Avg 4 TD 1 INT

slostang
February 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Looks like a nice class. Looking forward to playing UND next year in the Big Sky.

LakesBison
February 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
"This has been evident by UND’s being able to win the head-to-head recruiting battles against regional FCS schools this year"

What lie's! zero,zilch, nada qb mollberg dont count since he cant even win a 1st round HS playoff game, and hurt his ankle.

you guys are hilarious with the lies you make up, half of your recruits didnt even have fcs offers, let alone zero fbs offerred kids.

F350KINGRANCH
February 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
boy do you come off as an asshat

darell1976
February 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM
"This has been evident by UND’s being able to win the head-to-head recruiting battles against regional FCS schools this year"

What lie's! zero,zilch, nada qb mollberg dont count since he cant even win a 1st round HS playoff game, and hurt his ankle.

you guys are hilarious with the lies you make up, half of your recruits didnt even have fcs offers, let alone zero fbs offerred kids.

Thank you for your interest in UND football.

DJKyR0
February 5th, 2012, 03:29 PM

Even if you're not Lakes, can't you quit being such a d-bag? Christ.

Twentysix
February 5th, 2012, 04:22 PM
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

Goodluck, I hope your team goes 0-11 next year. :D

MTfan4life
February 5th, 2012, 04:25 PM

Bringing up irrelevant references from ankle injuries in high school games. There's no way this isn't lakes!

darell1976
February 5th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Goodluck, I hope your team goes 11-0 next year. :D

You must have started drinking too early so I FIFY.xthumbsupx

Twentysix
February 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM
You must have started drinking too early so I FIFY.xthumbsupx

Just picked up a case of leine sunset wheat. So gooood.

darell1976
February 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM

xbeerdrinkx

frozennorth
February 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM

fruity pebbles beer.

BisonHype!
February 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Grade: F

(J/K, good luck in the Big Sky.)

Here is to hoping that the Sioux make the playoffs, and that we can bounce them early.xbeerdrinkx

LakesBison
February 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM
hype. we'd just buy out that game.
grade F did any of their players get any fbs offers? dont see 1

Twentysix
February 6th, 2012, 02:41 PM
fruity pebbles beer.

I call it fruit loops, but I can see where you are coming from.

Sunset wheat would be the beer of choice for 7 year olds everywhere.

darell1976
February 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
hype. we'd just buy out that game.
grade F did any of their players get any fbs offers? dont see 1

So because they didn't have any FBS offers the class is a bust.xsmhx

Thundar
February 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
So because they didn't have any FBS offers the class is a bust.xsmhx

of course, also you MUST count all the stars behind their name, it also helps if you look at rivals and when the list of INTEREST lists BCS school you make sure to note they were offered even though the litte check mark isnt there.

Those are just a couple keys to "Learning to pimp you teams recruiting class" handbook

bojeta
February 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
fruity pebbles beer.

Haha! So it's not just me!!! Exactly what I tasted the first and only time I tried that stuff!! :)

Twentysix
February 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Haha! So it's not just me!!! Exactly what I tasted the first and only time I tried that stuff!! :)

Definitly not just you.

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/67117/

Detroit Lakes senior Joe Mollberg has experienced what no other Laker football player has ever gone through — being recruited on the big stage of Division I colleges. This two-part article delves into the behind-the-scenes action of being a Division I and Big 10 recruit for one of the most important and reputed positions in sports — quarterback.

It was a summer afternoon in 2009, when Mollberg and his Laker teammates were partaking in a 7-on-7 competition at the University of Minnesota Gopher Camp.

Throw after throw, Mollberg impressed onlookers, including Gopher offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.

Then U of M head coach Tim Brewster also noticed Mollberg’s arm strength and pocket presence and told Laker head coach Flint Motschenbacher as much.
*Brewster picks up Flint on his golf cart and rides around with him saying, “We want your QB...”*

“I started getting letters from the University of Minnesota, then they started coming in from Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue and Michigan,” Mollberg said. “That was pretty crazy getting those for a sophomore who hasn’t even played a down of varsity ball.”

But as soon as Mollberg hits a valley, he was quickly picked up with the news he was now on the radar of the University of Northern Illinois — among others.

“My junior year, the calls started, I had a binder with over 150 letters from Iowa alone,” Mollberg commented.
That’s also when the D-I, 2A colleges started to get in the mix, especially neighboring North Dakota State University, South Dakota State University and the University of North Dakota.

Mollberg had to throw in front of coaches from Northern Illinois, Iowa, SDSU, NDSU, UND and the Gophers.

He also starts making his visits, as he prepares for his senior season.

*Nick Courneya, who played at NDSU, has advised me to tell Joe, “You pick the school that wants you the most.”*

But as Mollberg enters his senior year, the decisions are being whittled down, but are only getting more difficult to make.

His visits get more spectacular, as Iowa, NDSU, NIU and the latecomer — UND — are the final ones standing.

After the Big 10, MAC, and MVFC schools wanted him...he picked UND. I hope he has a great freshman year in 2013!!!

LakesBison
April 19th, 2012, 11:45 AM
After everyone backed off of him, and couldnt even get out of first round of HS playoffs, he followed his lil girlfriend to und.

Thats the true story.

cpalum
April 19th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Great review...I need one of those for Cal Poly.

344Johnson
April 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
After everyone backed off of him, and couldnt even get out of first round of HS playoffs, he followed his lil girlfriend to und.

Thats the true story.

Lakes...not every good player has a good enough team to win games. Joe Hanstad played basketball over in Dickinson, he goes to Boise State for bball. Don't recall his teams ever making noise in the ultra-competitive (sarcasm) Class A basketball tournement.

Bison06
April 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/67117/

After the Big 10, MAC, and MVFC schools wanted him...he picked UND. I hope he has a great freshman year in 2013!!!

In the spirit of full disclosure, no Big 10 or MAC teams actually offered a scholarship, so bringing those schools up is irrelevant. Getting a letter or 1000 letters from a school is one thing, but when it comes time to offer a scholarship that's when you know what kind of talent you are dealing with.

No doubt Mollberg will have a great career, but let's not crown him the savior until he takes a few snaps in that god awful green you guys wear. :)

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
In the spirit of full disclosure, no Big 10 or MAC teams actually offered a scholarship, so bringing those schools up is irrelevant. Getting a letter or 1000 letters from a school is one thing, but when it comes time to offer a scholarship that's when you know what kind of talent you are dealing with.

No doubt Mollberg will have a great career, but let's not crown him the savior until he takes a few snaps in that god awful green you guys wear. :)

If he can solve UND's QB situation then I will crown him the savior. As for the color of green....if he has an outstanding career green will be in his future after he graduates...like pro football.

Bison06
April 19th, 2012, 04:17 PM
If he can solve UND's QB situation then I will crown him the savior. As for the color of green....if he has an outstanding career green will be in his future after he graduates...like pro football.

I just hope UND fans don't give him the Lebron James curse. If you build him up to be the savior who is going to lead UND into DI glory, he will never be able to live up to the hype and will be seen as a disappointment even if he does have a great career.

You aren't serious about the pro football talk right? He hasn't even taken a snap on a college campus yet. QB's are enigmatic, nobody expected Brock Jensen to be very good. In fact, he was NDSU's third choice for a QB recruit that year and that has turned out pretty well so far.

Bottom line: let's see the kid play before you put a shrine outside the Alerus center.

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I just hope UND fans don't give him the Lebron James curse. If you build him up to be the savior who is going to lead UND into DI glory, he will never be able to live up to the hype and will be seen as a disappointment even if he does have a great career.

You aren't serious about the pro football talk right? He hasn't even taken a snap on a college campus yet. QB's are enigmatic, nobody expected Brock Jensen to be very good. In fact, he was NDSU's third choice for a QB recruit that year and that has turned out pretty well so far.

Bottom line: let's see the kid play before you put a shrine outside the Alerus center.

Sure I am serious. I also said an outstanding career. UND has had a lot of players in pro football in both the NFL and the CFL.

Bison06
April 19th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Sure I am serious. I also said an outstanding career. UND has had a lot of players in pro football in both the NFL and the CFL.

How many UND QB's though? Counting the CFL there are 120 QB's on the 3-deeps of professional football teams.

Without having seen the kid throw a ball in a college game you are saying that he is going to be a pro if he has a good career at UND?

What is your opinion on Mollberg based on?

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM
How many UND QB's though? Counting the CFL there are 120 QB's on the 3-deeps of professional football teams.

Without having seen the kid throw a ball in a college game you are saying that he is going to be a pro if he has a good career at UND?

What is your opinion on Mollberg based on?

Not a good career...an outstanding career. Just like Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, and Kurt Warner. Its easier for QB's from the FCS to go to the pro's than DII. But let's just wait and see.

Bison06
April 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Not a good career...an outstanding career. Just like Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, and Kurt Warner. Its easier for QB's from the FCS to go to the pro's than DII. But let's just wait and see.

Agreed.

LakesBison
April 19th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Delusion. I watched him lose to perham, yawn.

Only reason bohl kept after him is because phil hansen lives in DL.

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 05:08 PM

And I am sure Brooks Bollinger lost to GF Red River or Fargo North but ended up in the NFL. HS football doesn't matter if the player excells in college.

Bison06
April 19th, 2012, 05:08 PM

Haha, what percentage of the things you say do you actually believe to be true?xlolx

TheBisonator
April 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
And I am sure Brooks Bollinger lost to GF Red River or Fargo North but ended up in the NFL. HS football doesn't matter if the player excells in college.

Brooks Bollinger was the absolute WORST quarterback I ever saw put on a Vikings uniform.

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Brooks Bollinger was the absolute WORST quarterback I ever saw put on a Vikings uniform.

Worse than Gino Toretta? Spergon Wynn? Bollinger threw for 40TDs and ran for 19 more at Grand Forks Central..nothing fancy but ended up with a 30-12 record at Wisconsin as a starter and 3-0 in Bowl games and a school record for rushing yards by a QB with 1767 yds and 26TD's, and that got him in the NFL. Did I mention he will be at Saturday's UND Spring Game. Should be a nice welcome home for him.

TheBisonator
April 20th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Worse than Gino Toretta? Spergon Wynn? Bollinger threw for 40TDs and ran for 19 more at Grand Forks Central..nothing fancy but ended up with a 30-12 record at Wisconsin as a starter and 3-0 in Bowl games and a school record for rushing yards by a QB with 1767 yds and 26TD's, and that got him in the NFL. Did I mention he will be at Saturday's UND Spring Game. Should be a nice welcome home for him.

Yes, worse than Spergeon Wynn. Gino Toretta never started a game.

He looked like an invalid when I saw him play at the Lions in 2007.

Throwing for 40 TDs at GF Central =/= Playing well in the NFL

344Johnson
April 20th, 2012, 02:56 AM

Should be a nice welcome home for him. I hate Grand Forks. As someone who was born there, I am happy I wasn't raised there. Thank God the Air Force took me away from there. Thank God for Napoleon, thank God for Jamestown, and Thank God Fargo (pinnacle of North Dakota civilization) is only an hour away for people who hate the fact they are stuck in some white-trash town.

But seriously, should be a nice day for him. I'm sure anyone who makes it to the Spring Game for UND who is a local will enjoy getting the chance to welcome a legit ND athlete home. As a child, I always cheered for the Badgers cause the Old Man told me the QB was a NoDak just like myself. Too bad he didn't have what it took to make it in the NFL. On Madden, I always traded so he'd be my backup QB.

darell1976
April 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Yes, worse than Spergeon Wynn. Gino Toretta never started a game.

He looked like an invalid when I saw him play at the Lions in 2007.

Throwing for 40 TDs at GF Central =/= Playing well in the NFL

Weren't all the Lions invalids in 07? Up until recently they have been horrible since Barry Sanders retired.

344Johnson
April 20th, 2012, 08:02 PM

You may have just given him the Kiss of Death. He could end up being the next Andrew Luck for all we know, but the numbers would suggest he has a better chance of being mediocre than NFL-quality.

frozennorth
April 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM
darell xrotatehx

darell1976
April 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
You may have just given him the Kiss of Death. He could end up being the next Andrew Luck for all we know, but the numbers would suggest he has a better chance of being mediocre than NFL-quality.

Time will tell my friend. All I know is we will wait to see what happens August 29th, 2013 against Valpo. Mollberg's first game if he wins the starting job.

LakesBison
April 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Samsrams says it all.

wow I wonder how he feels now knowing he was lied to.

Coach Mussman puts no pressure on Joe, but tells him, “If you commit to UND we are done looking for a QB.” He says. “If a big D1 school comes calling (like Iowa), I will not blame you one bit for jumping at the offer.”

then they go sign the juco kid who says something dumb on twitter, revoke that offer and then sign another high school qb out of Illinois

Last edited by SamsRams; Today at 02:08 AM

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Samsrams says it all.

wow I wonder how he feels now knowing he was lied to.

Coach Mussman puts no pressure on Joe, but tells him, “If you commit to UND we are done looking for a QB.” He says. “If a big D1 school comes calling (like Iowa), I will not blame you one bit for jumping at the offer.”

then they go sign the juco kid who says something dumb on twitter, revoke that offer and then sign another high school qb out of Illinois

Last edited by SamsRams; Today at 02:08 AM

xconfusedx

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Samsrams= tourguide on here.

SDFS
April 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Second part of article:

http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/67145/

Lakes:

Joe leaves with the impression that were he to commit to UND, he would redshirt one year, sit one year and then be in line to play for three years. It is a very tempting offer. Probably the best one he has received thus far.*

So, bringing in a D-1 transfer as yoiu noted above has no impact.

MplsBison
April 21st, 2012, 10:45 AM
I have zero expectations for NDSU to ever getting a talented recruit out of Detroit Lakes, so long as that head coach is there.

He's UND. He sent the Manke brothers there, etc.

northernfire
April 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM
The Manke brothers were mostly influenced by their father, Rick Manke. Coach Manke was a long time head coach at DL and Athletic Director. He was/is a great football mind and completely turned that program into many time state champions. Young Mollberg’s grandfather, Del, was also an athletic director at DL and a standout football mind in his own right. (Also, a pretty darn good duck hunter!)

Bison Dan
April 23rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I have zero expectations for NDSU to ever getting a talented recruit out of Detroit Lakes, so long as that head coach is there.

He's UND. He sent the Manke brothers there, etc.

Who cares! Sounds like Mollberg's decision was based on where he thought he would play the most. With all the pressure that und fans are putting on him hope he turns out. I think the kid out of ILL will turn out better.

MplsBison
April 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Who cares! Sounds like Mollberg's decision was based on where he thought he would play the most. With all the pressure that und fans are putting on him hope he turns out. I think the kid out of ILL will turn out better.

Practically - yeah sure.

But again, like the IPF itself vs. using the Fargodome as a part-time indoor facility -- it's all about perception. Mollberg was a big time (relatively) recruit right in NDSU's backyard. I would consider it the same as a kid from West Fargo who was recruited by Minn, Iowa, etc. then didn't get an offer and chose UND over NDSU.

It looks bad. Deny it until you're blue in the face, I don't care because I know I'm right.

MplsBison
April 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
The Manke brothers were mostly influenced by their father, Rick Manke. Coach Manke was a long time head coach at DL and Athletic Director. He was/is a great football mind and completely turned that program into many time state champions. Young Mollberg’s grandfather, Del, was also an athletic director at DL and a standout football mind in his own right. (Also, a pretty darn good duck hunter!)

How many players (excluding non-recruited walkons) has Mollberg sent to NDSU? My guess is zero. Should've been non-zero by now... DL is a 4A high school. They get players coming through there now and then that can help NDSU.

LakesBison
April 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
He didnt wanna compete with 5 better qbs BUT REAL REASON is Mollberg's girlfriend

This is from dl-online.com

_____ needs 2 points to hit the 1000 point mark in Thursday's playoff game against TRF to become one of the leading scorers in DL girls history. She is the daughter of former UND All-American FB player Paul Muckenhirn and she also will attend UND but won't be playing BB. And her mom went to und.

So he followed his gf. Case closed

And MPLSBISON proves he is a und fan

ndsubison
April 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
It's true-----Molberg chose UND because "they wanted him more" than NDSU did and also because of his gf. Who cares? NDSU could afford to not get him while UND was basically putting on the knee pads. Same story we've been hearing for 8 years now, just a different player. I wish Molberg luck in his academic endeavors because he won't win a NC at the house that Ralph built. Not gonna happen.

MplsBison
April 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
It's true-----Molberg chose UND because "they wanted him more" than NDSU did and also because of his gf. Who cares? NDSU could afford to not get him while UND was basically putting on the knee pads. Same story we've been hearing for 8 years now, just a different player. I wish Molberg luck in his academic endeavors because he won't win a NC at the house that Ralph built. Not gonna happen.

Still looks bad. NDSU still offered.

Typical bisonville style reaction to not getting a recruit that Bohl offered, "we didn't need him".

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Still looks bad. NDSU still offered.

Typical bisonville style reaction to not getting a recruit that Bohl offered, "we didn't need him".

As a Bison fan, I'm happy for UND that they got their guy in Mollberg. Doesn't change the fact that he was a recruit that we could afford to let go.

MplsBison
April 23rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
As a Bison fan, I'm happy for UND that they got their guy in Mollberg. Doesn't change the fact that he was a recruit that we could afford to let go.

Yep xcoffeex