PDA

View Full Version : Furman Coaching Changes

PaladinFan
February 4th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I ordinarily would not post mundane things like defensive line coach changes, but Furman's Ricky Logo took the same position at Houston. Furman just hired Jimmy Lindsey away from UTC.

UTC fans, any thoughts on this guy? UTC had a pretty respectable defense in 2011, so it sounds like a pretty good get for the Paladins.

The Eagle's Cliff
February 4th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I ordinarily would not post mundane things like defensive line coach changes, but Furman's Ricky Logo took the same position at Houston. Furman just hired Jimmy Lindsey away from UTC.

UTC fans, any thoughts on this guy? UTC had a pretty respectable defense in 2011, so it sounds like a pretty good get for the Paladins.

I would be wary of any coach or player who would leave the "Mecca of FCS Football" and the most vibrant city in The South to go wear purple in Traveler's Rest, SC.xeyebrowx

Milktruck74
February 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I played with Jimmy, and coached by Ricky..... You are getting a QUALITY MAN!!!! and a very good coach. I hate to see Jimmy go, but it is a good move for him. Enjoy him for a few years, because he will be moving on to bigger and better.

PaladinFan
February 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I played with Jimmy, and coached by Ricky..... You are getting a QUALITY MAN!!!! and a very good coach. I hate to see Jimmy go, but it is a good move for him. Enjoy him for a few years, because he will be moving on to bigger and better.

That's somewhat of the concern. Seems he has made a number of moves quite quickly.

The good news for Furman is that after years of underpaying the coaching staff, it appears the new administration is not only willing to pay the going rate, but also pay enough to pick up coaches from other SoCon schools. That would never have happened a few years ago.

chattownmocs
February 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM

If you consider number 1 in total and scoring defense to be merely respectable. The d-line was probably the weakest part of our great defense. It was also probably the youngest as well. He is a good coach. But Fuller is the architect of our defense with some influence from Huesman. Lindsey was a position coach who did a decent job. Let's not pretend he was responsible for our defense being "respectable" though.

PaladinFan
February 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
If you consider number 1 in total and scoring defense to be merely respectable. The d-line was probably the weakest part of our great defense. It was also probably the youngest as well. He is a good coach. But Fuller is the architect of our defense with some influence from Huesman. Lindsey was a position coach who did a decent job. Let's not pretend he was responsible for our defense being "respectable" though.

Didn't say he was "responsible" for the UTC defense. I said UTC had a respectable defense, and they did. It was not the greatest SoCon defense of all time, but it was very respectable.

He won't be the architect of the Furman defense either. He will do at Furman what he did at UTC, coach the defensive line.