PDA

View Full Version : Furman Releases 2012 Slate

PaladinFan
February 2nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Already knew the teams, just not the order. Six road games, but only one out of the Carolinas and three are within an hour of Greenville. Most Furman fans appreciate moving their game with the Citadel back to the end of the season.

Interestingly, that's as late as I can remember the App State game. Also, GSU is not an often picked homecoming opponent, but the last time the two met up in Greenville for homecoming it was a whale of a game.

2012 FURMAN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 1 @ Samford*
Sept. 8 COASTAL CAROLINA
Sept. 15 @ Clemson
Sept. 22 @ Presbyterian
Sept. 29 WESTERN CAROLINA* (Family Weekend), 1:30
Oct. 6 @ Wofford*
Oct. 13 CHATTANOOGA*
Oct. 20 GEORGIA SOUTHERN* (Homecoming), 1:30
Oct. 27 @ Elon*
Nov. 3 (Bye)
Nov. 10 @ Appalachian State*
Nov. 17 THE CITADEL*

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Not a bad schedule at all. Not sure who their FBS opponent is but Coastal is really scheduling tough this year with road games against Furman and App State.

PaladinFan
February 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Not a bad schedule at all. Not sure who their FBS opponent is but Coastal is really scheduling tough this year with road games against Furman and App State.

I like it better than 2011's where Furman had UTC, Elon, GSU, Wofford, App State, and Florida back to back.

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
I like it better than 2011's where Furman had UTC, Elon, GSU, Wofford, App State, and Florida back to back.

Yeah, that is tough. App had a similar schedule in 2010 when we went Furman, @GA Southern, Wofford, @Florida to finish the year leading into the playoffs. Funny how that works sometimes.

Eaglesrus
February 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
...............................Also, GSU is not an often picked homecoming opponent, but the last time the two met up in Greenville for homecoming it was a whale of a game....................

Twice in 2012 that I know of at this point, probably more. Ever since we stopped running the triple option...........................

PaladinFan
February 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Twice in 2012 that I know of at this point, probably more. Ever since we stopped running the triple option...........................

Easy out.

To be fair, the last time Furman was that bold it was against one of the better Eagle teams I can remember in recent years (2004). Much like this year, I guess. Not sure the 2012 Furman team will be as good as that 2004 team, though.

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Furman showed a lot of flashes last year, they were just inconsistent. How many players do they have returning?

PaladinFan
February 2nd, 2012, 04:58 PM
Furman showed a lot of flashes last year, they were just inconsistent. How many players do they have returning?

Return fifteen starters.

Last season was plagued with inconsistency, but you tend to expect that in the first year of a new coach. This team lost three very winnable games last season. Tighten up in just one of them and Furman is back in the playoffs.