PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston loses RB coach

chazg
February 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Jeff Conway has been named the new RB coach at Texas State.

katstrapper
February 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Jeff Conway has been named the new RB coach at Texas State.

He has been hired as co-offensive coordinator, running backs and tight ends coach at Texas State.

He was Asst Head Coach/Wide Receivers Coach at Sam Houston St. He worked with Coach Fritz for almost 20 years. IMO, I think he wanted to be Off Coord at SHSU, but wasnt offered the position so he moved on.

UNH72Plus
February 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I asked this on another thread, but didn't get any replies. Do any of you Texans know anything about a kid named Stephane Turner who played for Garland HS in Rowlett, TX. He recently signed to play at UNH after prepping for a year in Massachusetts. His video was pretty impressive, but I don't know anything about the quality of the play in his league.

TheRevSFA
February 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I asked this on another thread, but didn't get any replies. Do any of you Texans know anything about a kid named Stephane Turner who played for Garland HS in Rowlett, TX. He recently signed to play at UNH after prepping for a year in Massachusetts. His video was pretty impressive, but I don't know anything about the quality of the play in his league.

Not my side of Texas..so I honestly don't know...except his name is Stephan..and he's got a 4.5 40 time and did get some honors in regards to all district

BEAR
February 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
So he took a job as OC on an FBS team. Nice promotion.

UNH72Plus
February 9th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Not my side of Texas..so I honestly don't know...except his name is Stephan..and he's got a 4.5 40 time and did get some honors in regards to all district

Thanks Rev. We don't get a lot of recruits from Texas (although we did get a couple of hockey players out of Plano a few years back) and this kid looks like he may be a sleeper.

frozennorth
February 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
how many coaches has shsu lost now? 4? How are the replacements?

katstrapper
February 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Kats lost 3, all on the offensive side of the ball. Will be replacing OL, OC and WR coach. Rumors are that OC and OL have been filled, but havent been announced. Rumors are Doug Ruse is new OC.

Sam_Kats
February 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Kats lost 3, all on the offensive side of the ball. Will be replacing OL, OC and WR coach. Rumors are that OC and OL have been filled, but havent been announced. Rumors are Doug Ruse is new OC.

Ruse will come in from WIU. Done deal, from what I'm told.

ALPHAGRIZ1
February 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Do you even need coaching to win that conference?

McNeese75
February 13th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Do you even need coaching to win that conference?

Ummmmm, not really when you play the BS in the playoffs away from their home field.

Sam_Kats
February 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Bowers Stadium = Big Sky GRAVEYARD

ALPHAGRIZ1
February 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Washington Grizzly Stadium = FCS Graveyard

Yawn

But seriously congrats on the 2 or 3 victories you guys have had over the Big Sky in the history of your program.......no wonder you are proud.

xcoffeex

BEAR
February 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Washington Grizzly Stadium = FCS Graveyard

Defense
#1 Jack Frost- Led team in causing incomplete passes, fumbles, and frost bite. Valuable player for the Grizz as warm weather opponents visit W-w-w-w-wa-Gr-gr-gr-griz Stadium for the first time. Named all conference and MVP as 12th man on the field. NO NCAA eligibility rules apply to this valuable Grizz player.

xlolx

Sam_Kats
February 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Bitterness makes boys looks so foolish.