Alex Gray DB 6-3 210 Suwanne, Ga. Peachtree Ridge
Greg Hall LB 6-3 235 Bogart, Ga. North Oconee
Tysean Holloway* RB 6-1 190 Asheville, N.C. Asheville
Malachi Jones WR 6-1 180 Roswell, Ga. Central Gwinnett
Aaron Krah DB 5-11 175 Durham, N.C. Hillside
John Law LB 6-0 225 Atlanta, Ga. Grady
Paul Magloire QB 6-2 210 Lynbrook, N.Y. Milford Academy
Greg Milhouse DL 6-3 275 Garner, N.C. Garner
Quartterrio Morgan* RB 5-10 180 Jonesboro, Ga. Mount Zion (Western Kentucky)
Matthew Privette OL 6-4 280 Marshville, N.C. Forest Hills
Tashion Singleton LB 6-3 245 Charlotte, N.C. West Mecklenburg
Darian Small DL 6-2 285 Hampton, Ga. Dutchtown
Chris Starks WR 6-1 170 Lithonia, Ga. Miller Grove
Kevin Walton DB 6-1 190 Greensboro, N.C. Grimsley

Impressive group based on who else wanted them. Twelve had offers from FBS schools. ASU has 1 grant left to give.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205371900

eaglewraith
February 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Did this really require its own thread?

Man there's too many App threads on this foum.

I wish someone would post some more threads about NDSU. You never hear anything about those guys.

/trollface :) :) :)

SpeedkingATL
February 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM

I wish someone would post some more threads about NDSU. You never hear anything about those guys.

Too funny!!

cbarrier90
February 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM

xbowx "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eaglewraith again."

Eaglesrus
February 1st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Over half from GA. How many Georgians did Furman, UTC, etc., get this year? As for us, it was "look out Florida, here we come" (with a nod to upstate South Carolina as well).

chattownmocs
February 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Over half from GA. How many Georgians did Furman, UTC, etc., get this year? As for us, it was "look out Florida, here we come" (with a nod to upstate South Carolina as well).

10/15 were from Georgia

Accelerati Incredibilus
February 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM

The beauty of a free society is nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and forces them to read this stuff. Guess you need to start more Jaw-Juh Sutherin threads to balance things out!

Hooner49
February 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM
Gee, I don't see Jaquil Capel on that list.

GlassOnion
February 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM

You wont see him on the field next year either.

AppAlum2003
February 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM
Capel clearly realized he'll sit on the bench for three years at ASU and could play in 2013 at UNCC... Get over yourself

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM

We need big bodies on both sides of the line, where as we have an abundance of athletes. Obviously we wanted him or we wouldn't have offered but his skill set was not a priority given what we have on the roster and signed in this class. I can't blame the kid really, if he earns a starting job with y'all then he could have 4 years of starting time and also the possibility of holding some school records.

I wish the kid well, but I think App will survive. :D

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM

He chose to play in the UNCC first season instead of riding our bench for 3 years. Sources close to him report he "didn't like Satterfield." hmm I wonder why he wouldn't like a coach. Could it be he was honestly told about his chances of getting PT? Your recruiting class pails in comparison to ours.

asknoquarter21
February 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
I agree

Capel wasn't a kid I am too upset about missing on. He is a project anyway and realized that he wouldn't be playing next year even if he was at ASU. I think the opportunity to start for 4 years was enough to convince him to switch over. UNCC should be happy about the commit, but don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. I think this worked out for everyone involved.

eaglewraith
February 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM
The beauty of a free society is nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and forces them to read this stuff. Guess you need to start more Jaw-Juh Sutherin threads to balance things out!

Apparently the concept of humor is lost on the Road Runner.

That's why I always cheered for Wyle E Coyote to get that *****.

AppMan
February 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
ncpreps.com reported Capel said didn't like the change in coaching staff at ASU. Considering he is listed as a QB at UNCC and was being looked at by ASU's staff as an athlete, I'm willing to bet ASU's new Assistant HC, OC & QB coach Scott Satterfield told him he didn't have a shot of paying QB for the Apps. The young man made a decision he thought was best for him. Given the other schools offering these kids this may be ASU best recruiting class in history and the loss of Capel isn't much to be concerned over.

chattownmocs
February 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
2 questions,

1. Why is Charlotte so happy about beating App State for a recruit?
2. Why is App State so whiny about losing a recruit to CHarlotte?

With Charlotte's location resources and long-term plan they should be winning more than one recruiting battle against App.

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
2 questions,

2. Why is App State so whiny about losing a recruit to CHarlotte?

With Charlotte's location resources and long-term plan they should be winning more than one recruiting battle against App.

I've always thought you were dumb enough to be a Cee fan.

WH49er
February 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
2 questions,

Just because multiple posters here stated we would never compete with them for any recruits. I have nothing against App but ever since Charlotte announced we were starting football, they suddenly developed a vendetta against us with no real explanation behind it.

PaladinFan
February 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM
Furman's class had 6 of 17 from Georgia. While I didn't go to look, that number seems lower than normal.

Saint3333
February 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
As with most things regarding anything I'm not surprised you're confused. UNCC doesn't have the resources they'd lead you to believe so getting a recruit ASU offered is a good thing for UNCC.

Not sure about #2. ASU was never looking at Capel at QB and wasn't their top target at WR or DB either. He's likely in a much better position at UNCC and hope it works out for both parties.

Truth be know Capel was holding out hope for a bigger offer that never came.

Skjellyfetti
February 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Just because multiple posters here stated we would never compete with them for any recruits. I have nothing against App but ever since Charlotte announced we were starting football, they suddenly developed a vendetta against us with no real explanation behind it.

Because your fans troll every App thread.

See this thread as an example.

WH49er
February 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Because your fans troll every App thread.

See this thread as an example.

Pot calling the kettle black. Please see every thread started about Charlotte.

Anyways, congrats on your class. Looking forward to seeing you guys play Montana.

chattownmocs
February 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Charlotte is going to win some recruiting battles against App. They are located in a major metroploitan area with alot of good talent. They are building a beautiful stadium, they are going to be an FBS program at some point. It's just going to happen. More probably next year when the players actually get to play right away.

PaladinFan
February 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM
Charlotte is going to win some recruiting battles against App. They are located in a major metroploitan area with alot of good talent. They are building a beautiful stadium, they are going to be an FBS program at some point. It's just going to happen. More probably next year when the players actually get to play right away.

And I don't care what they say, I imagine Boone is just too daggum cold for some players. :)

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
And I don't care what they say, I imagine Boone is just too daggum cold for some players. :)

Ha, not this year! Something about it being 50 degrees on a February evening in Boone just does not seem right.

GSU EAGLES
February 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Dante Blackmon DB 6-11 185 Covington, Ga. Eastside
Barrett Burns TE 6-4 220 Woodstock, Ga. Etowah
Jamie Collmar OL 6-2 280 Gastonia, N.C. Forestview
Olawale Dada LB 6-0 210 Columbus, Ga. Shaw
Tyson Fernandez OL 6-2 315 Fuquay-Varina, N.C. Fuquay-Varina
Alex Gray DB 6-3 210 Suwanne, Ga. Peachtree Ridge
Greg Hall LB 6-3 235 Bogart, Ga. North Oconee
Tysean Holloway* RB 6-1 190 Asheville, N.C. Asheville
Malachi Jones WR 6-1 180 Roswell, Ga. Central Gwinnett
Aaron Krah DB 5-11 175 Durham, N.C. Hillside
John Law LB 6-0 225 Atlanta, Ga. Grady
Paul Magloire QB 6-2 210 Lynbrook, N.Y. Milford Academy
Greg Milhouse DL 6-3 275 Garner, N.C. Garner
Quartterrio Morgan* RB 5-10 180 Jonesboro, Ga. Mount Zion (Western Kentucky)
Matthew Privette OL 6-4 280 Marshville, N.C. Forest Hills
Tashion Singleton LB 6-3 245 Charlotte, N.C. West Mecklenburg
Darian Small DL 6-2 285 Hampton, Ga. Dutchtown
Chris Starks WR 6-1 170 Lithonia, Ga. Miller Grove
Kevin Walton DB 6-1 190 Greensboro, N.C. Grimsley

Impressive group based on who else wanted them. Twelve had offers from FBS schools. ASU has 1 grant left to give.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205371900

Wow! We are going to have to add an asterisk to the App State Mountaineers*

* Although based in North Carolina, our team is from Georgia.

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
I recall reading a piece in the ACT about App "losing" recruits to Western. We all know about that powerhouse in the Whee. xlolx

We also landed recruits that had offers from BCS schools. I guess that means we are officially recruiting at a BCS level./sarcasm

So continues the campaign of THE MOST DELUSIONAL FAN BASE IN THE NCAA: UNCCee....

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM

So is Jamal Jackson, but he's a Mountaineer now!!

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM

Ha, you gotta go where the talent is. Coach Moore was talking in his press conference today about how he practically lived in Atlanta for two months... now you can see why!

asknoquarter21
February 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM

Our new Recruiting Coordinator had been recruiting mainly the GA area. Most of the coaches we lost were recruiting NC and SC. The turn out doesn't surprise me at all. I was pleasantly surprised how good our class is considering the coaching changes and we still haven't officially signed our O-line coach.

asknoquarter21
February 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
So who are your favorites from this recruiting class right now?

I am expecting a lot of these players to be big time contributors. I think Holloway and Morgan will make big impacts early on, and I expect big things out of them. I think we might have our future CBs in Krah and Blackmon as well as some studs at LBer in Singleton and Law.

I am most excited about Malachi Jones. He isn't the highest rated, but the tape on this kid is fantastic. He has great ball skills and enough speed to be a true #1 WR that you need to have.

Not that I am not expecting big things out of all of these guys, but those are some that jump out to me.

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM

I am expecting a lot of these players to be big time contributors. I think Holloway and Morgan will make big impacts early on, and I expect big things out of them. I think we might have our future CBs in Krah and Blackmon as well as some studs at LBer in Singleton and Law.

I am most excited about Malachi Jones. He isn't the highest rated, but the tape on this kid is fantastic. He has great ball skills and enough speed to be a true #1 WR that you need to have.

Not that I am not expecting big things out of all of these guys, but those are some that jump out to me.

Right there with you on the Holloway/Morgan combo, they could be a great RB tandem for the years to come and will both likely see the field fairly early. I actually like all the guys you mentioned a lot, but I would add Darian Small at DT and Jamie Collmar at OT as guys who could be very valuable for us in the trenches.

Malachi Jones was extremely impressive on tape against good HS competition. If he can beat out Sean Price, he could take over Brian Quick's role as a deep threat as early as this season. If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a redshirt and be a starter in 2013. I have not seen enough of Price to know how those two will stack up, but you'd have to think they'll be battling for that job.

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Based on our immediate needs, I expect Small, Collmar and Coulthart to make an impact early.

asknoquarter21
February 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Right there with you on the Holloway/Morgan combo, they could be a great RB tandem for the years to come and will both likely see the field fairly early. I actually like all the guys you mentioned a lot, but I would add Darian Small at DT and Jamie Collmar at OT as guys who could be very valuable for us in the trenches.

Malachi Jones was extremely impressive on tape against good HS competition. If he can beat out Sean Price, he could take over Brian Quick's role as a deep threat as early as this season.

I agree, I left off Small and Collmar being that I didn't want to sound as if I thought EVERY player we recruited could be all-conference at some point in their career.

I am very confident about our WR corp this season. Players like Jones and Starks are going to be pushing for playing time as they both provide a speed we might not have right now. Bobo Bethard and Sean Price are two guys that could also have big years next year.

HappyAppy
February 1st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Agree on Malachi and the RBs. I'm excited about Tashion Singleton, I think he could be special. Love the film I've seen, and he moves really well for being as big as he is.

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Based on our immediate needs, I expect Small, Collmar and Coulthart to make an impact early.

Small absolutely fills a position of need and could make an immediate impact. Collmar has great upside and I expect he will be an anchor on our line in the coming years but I'd be surprised if he takes a starting spot at tackle away from Lamm or Dufort. Great looking prospect though.

asknoquarter21
February 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Fernendez could start at Guard right away

GlassOnion
February 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM
Fernendez could start at Guard right away

Collmar could start at OC or Guard.

GlassOnion
February 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Small absolutely fills a position of need and could make an immediate impact. Collmar has great upside and I expect he will be an anchor on our line in the coming years but I'd be surprised if he takes a starting spot at tackle away from Lamm or Dufort. Great looking prospect though.

Oops, messed up the first answer, but Collmar was recruited as a G or Center. He'll be in the running for Ruff's vacant spot for sure, I think Kalan Jones secures the other guard spot, but if another guard steps it up, Acey's spot may be in peril.

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Oops, messed up the first answer, but Collmar was recruited as a G or Center. He'll be in the running for Ruff's vacant spot for sure, I think Kalan Jones secures the other guard spot, but if another guard steps it up, Acey's spot may be in peril.

I guess I was expecting Ian Barnard to take the other guard position but of course, I could be wrong. If Collmar is sharp enough at center, I'd imagine he could certainly give Acey a run for it as well. All things considered, I think Acey did quite well as a true freshman but he is undersized while Collmar has an ideal frame.

ASU_Fanatic
February 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM
Looks like App signed a great class and Charlotte is off to a great start, both schools look to be in good shape :D

ninerID
February 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM
so we are clear, Charlotte vs. Appalachian 2012 class comparison, per Rivals:

Charlotte 21 commits, App 18.
Each have a 3-star.
Charlotte has 11 2-stars, App has 6.
Charlotte has 25 total stars, App 15.
Average star per recruit Charlotte 1.2, App 0.8.

AppAlum2003
February 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM

Each have a 3-star.

Here we go...

T-Dog
February 1st, 2012, 08:14 PM

Each have a 3-star.

Players on team before today.
ASU - 82
UNCC - 0

moss2k
February 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Players on team before today.
ASU - 82
UNCC - 0

Wow, really burned us with that one. I forgot we didn't have any players.

T-Dog
February 1st, 2012, 08:25 PM
It's just stupid to be bragging about having more recruits when you have a lot more positions to fill.

BREAKING NEWS - Charlotte will have more recruits than ASU next year as well.

asknoquarter21
February 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM

Each have a 3-star.

What kind of cookie do you prefer?

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM
My dick is a full 8"

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
What kind of cookie do you prefer?

He left out the other two star sites. Cute

Saint3333
February 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM
I can't find UNCC's rivals page - link?

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM

Each have a 3-star.

Although stars are completely subjective to begin with, that does not quite tell the whole story. We also have a 3-star RB transferring in with 4 years of eligibility and Darian Small, who does not have a Rivals evaluation, is a 3-star recruit on ESPN, as are Tysean Holloway, Dante Blackmon and Jamie Collmar. Charlotte did a nice job but that is looking at one recruiting service for a team with a lot more openings. The fact that one player can be a 3-star recruit on one major site and not evaluated on another just goes to show how inexact of a process this is.

You guys are off to a good start but it is apples and oranges at this point.

moss2k
February 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
If your class had better rankings, no one from App would have posted it, amiright?

moss2k
February 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Personally, just nice to see what looks like a solid start on the recruiting trail. Most downplayed Charlotte's ability to land quality kids early.

furbaloffear
Have to look in basketball because they don't have one for football yet...

Here it is though http://charlotte.rivals.com/

moss2k
I can't find UNCC's rivals page - link?

NinerReport.com

ninerID
February 1st, 2012, 09:15 PM
NinerReport.com

wow, it has since been revised . . . . . .

Each have a 3-star.
Charlotte has 19 2-stars, App has 6.
Charlotte has 41 total stars, App 15.
Average star per recruit Charlotte 2.0, App 0.8.

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM

Each have a 3-star.

That kind of disproves the validity to a certain extent. Jacquil Capel has been a 2-star recruit for about an hour now but after what I've seen on tape, I'm pretty sure our coaches are no less satisfied to have Chris Starks instead in spite of not having Rivals stars. He runs a 4.38 and has a better frame, which is why he was higher on our board.

HappyAppy
February 1st, 2012, 09:24 PM
All or almost all of those recruits didn't have stars this morning. But hey, the guy who is in charge of the Charlotte Rivals site added some stars, so they must be great!

What a joke.

T-Dog
February 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM
If your class had better rankings, no one from App would have posted it, amiright?

It's stupid no matter what side it comes from.

Once you get past the four and five star recruits (which none of us are getting), it's a crap shoot.

Skjellyfetti
February 1st, 2012, 09:32 PM
You can really tell UNCCC fans are new to the whole "football" thing.

Tintin
February 1st, 2012, 09:38 PM
You can really tell UNCCC fans are new to the whole "football" thing.

We have an excuse. We haven't done this before. app fans who are jackasses who should know better.

T-Dog
February 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
We have an excuse. We haven't done this before. app fans who are jackasses who should know better.

Our jackasses are smarter than your jackasses! xslapfightx

GlassOnion
February 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM

Each have a 3-star.

So when you play the Campbell Camels, will your guys have an arm tied behind their back?

How about Chowan? UNC Pembroke? North Greenville? Charleston Southern? Or lowly NC Central? I didnt even know charleston southern had a football team anymore.

Its going to be great seeing such a wealth of talent playing against these other powerhouse programs, 2013 cant get here fast enough.

PS Old Dominion is going to straight up fish slap your team.

HappyAppy
February 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM
Maybe the person who runs their Rivals site can make up a better schedule? He obviously has the power to add stars to all of their players right after they committed.

GlassOnion
February 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe the person who runs their Rivals site can make up a better schedule? He obviously has the power to add stars to all of their players right after they committed.

This is better, last month, Duplin HS was on their schedule.

NormChar
February 1st, 2012, 10:14 PM
That kind of disproves the validity to a certain extent. Jacquil Capel has been a 2-star recruit for about an hour now but after what I've seen on tape, I'm pretty sure our coaches are no less satisfied to have Chris Starks instead in spite of not having Rivals stars. He runs a 4.38 and has a better frame, which is why he was higher on our board.

The stars are definitely a crapshoot. But in this case, whether he was or wasn't higher on the draft board, it does say that you guys offered to Capel.

NormChar
February 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
This is better, last month, Duplin HS was on their schedule.

Hardy har har har! What part of "start up program" do you not comprehend?

cbarrier90
February 1st, 2012, 10:27 PM
It's one thing if it's Dorial Green-Beckham, but this is JAQUIL CAPEL, people...

However, I'm quite flattered that signing one soft commit to Appalachian is viewed in such great light that it requires seven pages of trash talk...

App90
February 1st, 2012, 11:02 PM
PS Old Dominion is going to straight up fish slap your team.

No that is going to be a gangster slap right back into reality. Albiet they signed some good talent but they have no base, and an experienced 2-3 year player will run over a frshman most of the time, and we will see how many stick around. UNCC is a basketball school. Wish them luck, ratings mean NOTHING at this point. Have alot of UNCC friends and they have basically said they are not going to the games. Most pull for other teams. I really wish they got into the SoCon, and had to go to Boone, and Statesboro, xeekx they would initially be stunned. Good Luck with your team, its going to be a rough ride for a little while.

Kingfish
February 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Man what a class! The Apps are back in business!

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 11:34 PM
The stars are definitely a crapshoot. But in this case, whether he was or wasn't higher on the draft board, it does say that you guys offered to Capel.

Absolutely, if we didn't want him then we would have have offered him and hosted him for a visit. I didn't mean to say otherwise, my only point was that the coaches do not rely on star ratings to decide who to pursue harder. Capel certainly has potential and could end up being a very solid college player.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM
UNCC is a basketball school?......when did that happen?

Apphole
February 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
Hardy har har har! What part of "start up program" do you not comprehend?

This is what I've been trying to tell you idiots...

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 08:24 AM

One guy I forgot to mention is Chris Starks. I don't necessarily think he will be an immediate impact guy but he may be the sleeper of this class. He is listed as 6-1, 175 but he has a long frame and could easily put on some more weight. He also has nice hands, very good leaping ability and is a strong return guy with 4.38 speed.

Check out his highlight tape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hotr1D3GrOw

Wouldn't be surprised to see him take a redshirt in 2012 to beef up a bit and get used to the system but I think he could end up being an impact player both as a WR and return man.

asknoquarter21
February 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
One guy I forgot to mention is Chris Starks. I don't necessarily think he will be an immediate impact guy but he may be the sleeper of this class. He is listed as 6-1, 175 but he has a long frame and could easily put on some more weight. He also has nice hands, very good leaping ability and is a strong return guy with 4.38 speed.

Check out his highlight tape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hotr1D3GrOw

Wouldn't be surprised to see him take a redshirt in 2012 to beef up a bit and get used to the system but I think he could end up being an impact player both as a WR and return man.

I hate comparisons, but his film screams Dexter Jackson.

NormChar
February 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
This is what I've been trying to tell you idiots...

The guy was talking about our schedule for the first season. If you have sensed any sort of boasting by 49er fans it's more than likely for long term competitiveness. Please find for me one post on AGS by a 49er fan that has said we will be better than ASU or ODU in year one.

With your resentment for some reason towards Charlotte you're unable to see reasonableness. 99% of all 49er fans hope to have a program as good as ASU's and has much respect of it.

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
The guy was talking about our schedule for the first season. If you have sensed any sort of boasting by 49er fans it's more than likely for long term competitiveness. Please find for me one post on AGS by a 49er fan that has said we will be better than ASU or ODU in year one.

With your resentment for some reason towards Charlotte you're unable to see reasonableness. 99% of all 49er fans hope to have a program as good as ASU's and has much respect of it.

This seems like an excellent point to table the ASU/Charlotte back and forth for now. Charlotte is not going to field a team that is on the level of ASU, GSU, etc. in the early years, nor do they realistically expect to. In future, depending on what happens on the FBS front for both programs, going head to head on the field and consistently in recruiting is possible but in the meantime, each program has vastly different goals.

Chisox17
February 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
I just joined the board, and just finished reading this thread. lol, I'm gonna enjoy this board. Some hilarious smack going on.

cbarrier90
February 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
I just joined the board, and just finished reading this thread. lol, I'm gonna enjoy this board. Some hilarious smack going on.

You should see it during the regular season!

Waco Kid
February 2nd, 2012, 12:23 PM

He had no shot of playing QB for App so he picked UNC-C. Hopefully he can have a good career in Charlotte.

According to the bio's on GoASU we have 2 guys that picked App over UNC-C. So we went head to head on 3 guys and got 2 of them. Congrats on getting 1 player we wanted, and considering he will never play against us it's not that big of an issue.

GlassOnion
February 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM

If you think this is funny, wait til UNCC gets smacked in the mouth by a couple non-scholly teams.

Chisox17
February 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
If you think this is funny, wait til UNCC gets smacked in the mouth by a couple non-scholly teams.

Seeing as how we are handing out schollies to ranked recruits (albeit mostly 2 star guys), I would be calling for Lambert's head on a platter if a non-scholly team whooped us. I could see ODU beating us pretty good, they are no joke, but we had better make short work of the Chowans and North Greenvilles (I had never heard of North Greenville before we scheduled them).

cbarrier90
February 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Seeing as how we are handing out schollies to ranked recruits (albeit mostly 2 star guys), I would be calling for Lambert's head on a platter if a non-scholly team whooped us. I could see ODU beating us pretty good, they are no joke, but we had better make short work of the Chowans and North Greenvilles (I had never heard of North Greenville before we scheduled them).

It's great to have high expectations, but take a look at the schedules for the inaugural seasons of UTSA and Georgia State and you'll see that they lost to D-II and D-III teams. I'm not saying Charlotte will be run off the field by Chowan or NGU, but losing those types of games for a start-up FCS program is not uncommon. It should be awhile before Lambert's seat warms up.

Waco Kid
February 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM

Each have a 3-star.

As of yesterday at 4pm your class was ranked much differently.. I see one 3 star and three 2 star's on this list from one of your own. Not saying some of these guys aren't good players, but adding stars after they sign to make your class look better is a joke. This is like WCU claiming they had the #1 class in FCS 2 years ago... we see how that worked out.

Will Thomas - WR, Topsail HS - NR - 6'0" 165lb
Matt Johnson - QB, Maiden HS - ESPN **- 6'3" 210lb
Mason Sledge - DE, Monroe HS - NR - 6'4" 250lb
Jamel Ross - WR, Panther Creek HS - NR - 6'3" 215lb
Thomas La Bianca - OL, Porter Ridge HS - NR - 6'3" 282lb
Terry Caldwell - OLB, Hoggard HS - NR - 6'0" 200lb
Justin Bolus - SF, James Island, SC - ESPN **- 6'3" 205lb
Mark Petitt - DE/OLB, W Guilford HS - NR - 6'6" 235lb
Brandon Banks - DE, SW Guilford HS - ESPN **, Scout **- 6'3" 230lb
Jarred Barr - C, Sun Valley HS - NR - 6'3" 270lb
Jalen Holt - Ath, S. Stanley HS - NR - 6'3" 220lb
Larry Ogunjobi - DT, Ragsdale HS - NR - 6'2" 267lb
Tank Norman - CB, Richlands HS - NR - 5'11" 180lb
Rick Legrant - OLB, Buford, GA - NR - 6'0" 205lb
Austin Duke - WR, Independence HS - NR -5'8" 155lb
Jamal Covington - OT, Hampton, GA - NR - 6'4" 270lb
Karsten Miller - QB, N. Davidson HS - NR - 6'3" 190lb
James Middleton - DT, St. Stephens SC - NR - 6'5" 250lb
Greg Cunningham - DB, W. Charlotte HS - NR - 6'2" 180lb
*Kendal Parker - ILB, Lake Park, GA - NR - 6'1" 215lb
Casey Perry - OL, Hillside HS - Rivals ***, ESPN ** - 6'3" 295lb
*Jaquil Capel - Ath/QB, W. Montgomery HS - NR - 5'11" 175lb
Alan Barnwell - RB, Cummings HS - NR - 5'10" 175lb
Karyim Gent - Ath, Ayden-Grifton HS - NR -
Lee McNeill - QB, Porter Ridge HS - NR - 6'1" 170lb

Hooner49
February 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Capel sounds like a bright young man:

"Football-wise, I liked (Appalachian)," he said. "But I was told to imagine what it would be like if I didn't have football. I think I'd really be happier in Charlotte. I thought it was the right decision for me."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/02/2977652/five-recruits-at-a-glance.html#storylink=cpy

AppAlum2003
February 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM

"Football-wise, I liked (Appalachian)," he said. "But I was told to imagine what it would be like if I didn't have football. I think I'd really be happier in Charlotte. I thought it was the right decision for me."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/02/2977652/five-recruits-at-a-glance.html#storylink=cpy

Yes, that's exactly what a recruit should think about.... the actual football team and tradition don't matter. It's not like he'll be getting up at 5:00 everyday to go workout/practice or anything. He won't be committing about 90% of his time during football season to travel/practice/team meetings or anything.

Ugh... *SMH*

Edit: And let's just drop the whole Capel thing... Yes, he chose to go to UNCC instead of ASU. He felt like UNCC was a better fit for him than ASU. So what? That doesn't mean one university is better than another. It means that he felt that the best place for him was UNCC. That's exactly it.

Hooner49
February 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Edit: And let's just drop the whole Capel thing... Yes, he chose to go to UNCC instead of ASU. He felt like UNCC was a better fit for him than ASU. So what? That doesn't mean one university is better than another. It means that he felt that the best place for him was UNCC. That's exactly it.

The point is, arrogant App fans have been on Charlotte's case ever since we decided to start football, saying we'd always suck and asking why anyone would choose to play for Charlotte over the almighty Mountaineers. I'm not saying we're getting the caliber of players as App, but there's no denying we will be competitive on the recruiting trail which will hopefully lead to becoming a competitive FCS program.

AppAlum2003
February 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
The point is, arrogant App fans have been on Charlotte's case ever since we decided to start football, saying we'd always suck and asking why anyone would choose to play for Charlotte over the almighty Mountaineers. I'm not saying we're getting the caliber of players as App, but there's no denying we will be competitive on the recruiting trail which will hopefully lead to becoming a competitive FCS program.

Eh, see I think you're talking out of both sides of your mouth (or typing, for that matter, which is a COMPLETELY different skill).

You keep popping back in to "brag" about landing Capel but then say "oh... but we're not even going to land the same caliber of players as App"

HappyAppy
February 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM

Oddly enough, the first part of his quote was left out.

"I just wanted to be part of something new," said Capel, who threw for 35 touchdowns and ran for 78 in his high school career. "I just felt like there was a bunch of opportunities (at Charlotte) that I might not have gotten elsewhere.

Translation: "At UNCC I am all but guranteed a starting spot from day 1 of my redshirt freshman season. At Appalachian State I might not see the field".

He made his choice, so good for him and good for Charlotte. I wish him well. At the end of the day, he changed his mind after App brought in a new offensive staff and two more highly regarded WRs. He took the guranteed playing time, and honestly I can't say that I blame him.

GlassOnion
February 2nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Oddly enough, the first part of his quote was left out.

Translation: "At UNCC I am all but guranteed a starting spot from day 1 of my redshirt freshman season. At Appalachian State I might not see the field".

He made his choice, so good for him and good for Charlotte. I wish him well. At the end of the day, he changed his mind after App brought in a new offensive staff and two more highly regarded WRs. He took the guranteed playing time, and honestly I can't say that I blame him.

LMAO.

Stars added after the class signed, selective memory when quoting players, the ULTIMATE weak A** schedule, even Ga State played a better schedule than 2013 uncc, looks like UNCC is all fluff.

NormChar
February 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
This seems like an excellent point to table the ASU/Charlotte back and forth for now. Charlotte is not going to field a team that is on the level of ASU, GSU, etc. in the early years, nor do they realistically expect to. In future, depending on what happens on the FBS front for both programs, going head to head on the field and consistently in recruiting is possible but in the meantime, each program has vastly different goals.

You're all over it. No reasonable Charlotte fan thinks we'll be as competitive as App right out of the gate. I mean we'll essentially have 45 or so freshman in our inaugural season.

On a side note, didn't mean to thread jack. Best of luck to the Mountaineers.

Apphole
February 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
LMAO.

Stars added after the class signed, selective memory when quoting players, the ULTIMATE weak A** schedule, even Ga State played a better schedule than 2013 uncc, looks like UNCC is all fluff.

+1

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
I saw Matt Johnson play twice this year, no idea how he has 2 stars. Johnson has a glaring weakness: he can't throw.

AppMan
February 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM

Why did you leave this quote out of your post? "I just felt like there was a bunch of opportunities (at Charlotte) that I might not have gotten elsewhere." In other words, the kid wanted to play QB and knew that wasn't going to happen at ASU, so he went where he had the best chance to do so. Time for you unc-c guys to stop trying to make his decision more than what it actually was.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/02/2977652/five-recruits-at-a-glance.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

AppMan
February 2nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
I saw Matt Johnson play twice this year, no idea how he has 2 stars. Johnson has a glaring weakness: he can't throw.

He had 2 stars because the unc-c Rivals owner thought he needed them.

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'd be surprised if he ever throws a pass for them. He can play tight end maybe.

cbarrier90
February 2nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Why did you leave this quote out of your post? "I just felt like there was a bunch of opportunities (at Charlotte) that I might not have gotten elsewhere." In other words, the kid wanted to play QB and knew that wasn't going to happen at ASU, so he went where he had the best chance to do so. Time for you unc-c guys to stop trying to make his decision more than what it actually was.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/02/2977652/five-recruits-at-a-glance.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

"I hate when quotes are taken out of context and people are misquoted." - Abraham Lincoln

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
On a side note, didn't mean to thread jack. Best of luck to the Mountaineers.

No worries, it was a group effort! xthumbsupx

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM

The fact he chose Charlotte over Watauga Tech is worth one star by itself for displaying critical thinking skills. Seriously, who in their right mind would choose that backwater college when Charlotte now offers a program? Heck, your best coaches knew to get while the getting was good. While I can understand why the DJ Smith's chose App in the past, the Charlotte-area top recruits now have a cultured choice. App's run is over. We'll start with taking your local recruits. Eventually, we'll take your bandwagon fans (not that we'll need them). Good money is on Charlotte winning multiple NC's before we move to dominate the SEC. Bank it.

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
The fact he chose Charlotte over Watauga Tech is worth one star by itself for displaying critical thinking skills. Seriously, who in their right mind would choose that backwater college when Charlotte now offers a program? Heck, your best coaches knew to get while the getting was good. While I can understand why the DJ Smith's chose App in the past, the Charlotte-area top recruits now have a cultured choice. App's run is over. We'll start with taking your local recruits. Eventually, we'll take your bandwagon fans (not that we'll need them). Good money is on Charlotte winning multiple NC's before we move to dominate the SEC. Bank it.

And we have an early candidate for post of the year! xlolxxlolx

AppAlum2003
February 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM

methinks chattownmocs has relatives in Matthews/Concord/Huntersville/etc/etc/etc... you know, "Charlotte"

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
methinks chattownmocs has relatives in Matthews/Concord/Huntersville/etc/etc/etc... you know, "Charlotte"

I see Boone's so nice, you've decided to live 5 hours east. What, no openings at the Todd General Store?

AppMan
February 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM

More deserving of idiot post of the year.

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
More deserving of idiot post of the year.

Wow. Great comeback. What wit. Bravo.

furbaloffear
February 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Wow. Great comeback. What wit. Bravo.

Troll what are you doing out from under your bridge?

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Troll what are you doing out from under your bridge?

I've been here 5min and have doubled your post count. Might want to get off of your dad's computer before he comes back in the room.

furbaloffear
February 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM
So because I don't post makes me a kid... Solid logic there.

AppAlum2003
February 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
I see Boone's so nice, you've decided to live 5 hours east. What, no openings at the Todd General Store?

You're so confused... chattown would not be happy with you referring to Boone as "The Mecca"

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
The fact he chose Charlotte over Watauga Tech is worth one star by itself for displaying critical thinking skills. Seriously, who in their right mind would choose that backwater college when Charlotte now offers a program? Heck, your best coaches knew to get while the getting was good. While I can understand why the DJ Smith's chose App in the past, the Charlotte-area top recruits now have a cultured choice. App's run is over. We'll start with taking your local recruits. Eventually, we'll take your bandwagon fans (not that we'll need them). Good money is on Charlotte winning multiple NC's before we move to dominate the SEC. Bank it.And I'm gonna go ride my bicycle to the moon. Brb.

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
And I'm gonna go ride my bicycle to the moon. Brb.

Get used to riding a bike. Being from Lenoir, chances are you'll have multiple DWI's before dropping out of App (don't worry, they'll still mail you a diploma)

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Get used to riding a bike. Being from Lenoir, chances are you'll have multiple DWI's before dropping out of App (don't worry, they'll still mail you a diploma)
Thanks for the encouraging words

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'm not from Lenoir though

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm not from Lenoir though

There's still hope. Keep studying and writing and we'll welcome you into the elite 49er family!

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
There's still hope. Keep studying and writing and we'll welcome you into the elite 49er family!

I might would rather go to Western...

Top 2 by far though are NCSU and App, I'm only a sophomore so who knows

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
I might would rather go to Western...

Top 2 by far though are NCSU and App, I'm only a sophomore so who knows

I didn't know Western was still holding classes. Are you sure?

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
I didn't know Western was still holding classes. Are you sure?

Yea

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
So, back on topic.... I say Campbell +30 in game 1 for the niners

eaglewraith
February 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Holy ****.

I thought Georgia Southern threads were the only ones these kind of pissing matches happened in.

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
This is the new ninernation.net

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Holy ****.

I thought Georgia Southern threads were the only ones these kind of pissing matches happened in.

Hey, this troll is young. We have to feed him for a little while at least or he'll never survive!

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
So, back on topic.... I say Campbell +30 in game 1 for the niners

I'll take that bet. Actually, I'll bet we win. Friendly wager of $10. Send it to the admin of this board to hold.

asujch
February 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON, TROLLLLLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!!.......................................t hought you oughta know

ASU_Fanatic
February 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Yea dude is straight up trollin

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Just because you can't keep up doesn't make it trolling....

Mountaineer#96
February 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Just because you can't keep up doesn't make it trolling....

You do know who Chattownmocs is right?

So many questions so little time.....were you guys born on the same day? did you call the same person "mom" for a number of years? did she dress you guys in the same outfits? when he got spanked by daddy could you sorta "feel" his pain? when he said something dumb did you say something worse so he didn't feel left out?

NormChar
February 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
I'd be surprised if he ever throws a pass for them. He can play tight end maybe.

I think there are around 5 guys in this first class who played QB in HS. So yeah, some were recruited as ATH and Johnson may never complete a pass.

However, we've also heard the offense is probably going to be an option first offense. So passing may not be as highly needed.

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM
I think there are around 5 guys in this first class who played QB in HS. So yeah, some were recruited as ATH and Johnson may never complete a pass.

However, we've also heard the offense is probably going to be an option first offense. So passing may not be as highly needed.

Yeah, that is pretty common. We have a starting cornerback, linebacker and two wide receivers that played QB in high school. Our starting running back that graduated last year also played QB coming up. Many high school teams will just put their best athlete at QB and they get moved around at the next level when their competition is more polished at the position.

asumike83
February 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I know it is a few weeks after signing day but for any interested ASU folks, I did a brief write-up for all 19 recruits with links to highlights for all of them:

http://appstatemike.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-recruiting-round-up.html

Apphole
February 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Holy ****.

UNCC as GaSt have more in common than any two schools in the nation.
-No college atmosphere what so ever
-Huge markets they barely have stakes in
-small, ignorant and arrogant fan bases
-delusions of grandeur
-transient students/alumni
The list goes on. If Cee loses one home game this year to a school their fans have never hears of, there's going to be 6 fans in the stands for the next.

49RFootballNow
February 18th, 2012, 04:49 PM
UNCC as GaSt have more in common than any two schools in the nation.
-No college atmosphere what so ever
-Huge markets they barely have stakes in
-small, ignorant and arrogant fan bases
-delusions of grandeur
-transient students/alumni
The list goes on. If Cee loses one home game this year to a school their fans have never hears of, there's going to be 6 fans in the stands for the next.

Feel better?

Apphole
February 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Feel better?

I'm not the first to make the obvious connection. Look to Georgia State for a crystal ball view of your future.

49RFootballNow
February 18th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not the first to make the obvious connection. Look to Georgia State for a crystal ball view of your future.

I saw you on the side of the road counting bumper stickers and prophesizing:

http://diarydiehard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cover.jpg

LOL, if you're scared where all this is is headed just admit it. You'll feel better.

Apphole
February 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I saw you on the side of the road counting bumper stickers and prophesizing:

http://diarydiehard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cover.jpg

LOL, if you're scared where all this is is headed just admit it. You'll feel better.

It's been about 6 monthes now. Still waiting on a second joke.

I'm not worried at all. We'll be playing FBS football while you're still struggling with your D-2 schedule. Tell Judy to send your boys up the mountain. You need to be put in your place.

49RFootballNow
February 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM
It's been about 6 monthes now. Still waiting on a second joke.

I'm not worried at all. We'll be playing FBS football while you're still struggling with your D-2 schedule. Tell Judy to send your boys up the mountain. You need to be put in your place.

Look at you getting all excited about Sun Belt football! Charlie and Chancellor Peacock must be excited that Karl Benson could spring for rooms at the Comfort Inn and dinner at Ruby Tuesdays!

100%GRIZ
February 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM
App State - Move on and be done with it!

WH49er
February 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Look at you getting all excited about Sun Belt football! Charlie and Chancellor Peacock must be excited that Karl Benson could spring for rooms at the Comfort Inn and dinner at Ruby Tuesdays!

You forgot about drinks at Boone's classy bar...Klondike Cafe

Someone kill this thread before Apphole gets more sand in her vagina.

SoCon48
February 19th, 2012, 12:11 PM

UNC-Harrisburg is the diploma mill.

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 12:13 PM
You forgot about drinks at Boone's classy bar...Klondike Cafe

Someone kill this thread before Apphole gets more sand in her vagina.
Bars within 2 miles of App State: 11
Bars within 2 miles of UNCC: 2

TGI Fridays, Applebees ect don't count.

49RFootballNow
February 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM

TGI Fridays, Applebees ect don't count.

Does Bikinis count?

WH49er
February 19th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Boardwalk Billies, Flying Saucer, Bad Dogs, Wine Vault, Wild Wing Cafe, Hickory Tavern, Picasso's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Macado's, Bikini's, Taco Mac. Nice math *** clown.

Every bar in Boone is a piece of ****....when Boone Saloon is top notch that says everything.

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Boardwalk Billies, Flying Saucer, Bad Dogs, Wine Vault, Wild Wing Cafe,Hickory Tavern , Picasso's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Macado's, Bikini's, Taco Mac. Nice math *** clown.

Every bar in Boone is a piece of ****....when Boone Saloon is top notch that says everything.
xlolx I bolded the restaurants. You clearly don't understand what a college bar is. No surprise based on your alma mater. If you can include those, App has 25+ within a few miles. What a joke xlolx

Skjellyfetti
February 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Boardwalk Billies, Flying Saucer, Bad Dogs, Wine Vault, Wild Wing Cafe, Hickory Tavern, Picasso's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Macado's, Bikini's, Taco Mac. Nice math *** clown.

You included Macado's in your list of awesome bars... and then say every bar in Boone in a piece of ****.

We have a Macado's in Boone... xlolx

It's nothing special at all, though. Not sure why it would make your list of great bars in Charlotte? xconfusedx

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Try Montford street near south end. That is by far the best bar scene in the Charlotte area. About 30 minutes from the UNCC campus.

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 04:39 PM
You included Macado's in your list of awesome bars... and then say every bar in Boone in a piece of ****.

We have a Macado's in Boone... xlolx

It's nothing special at all, though. Not sure why it would make your list of great bars in Charlotte? xconfusedxlmao, I know...I actually went there last night, but yeah it's nothing special....

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM
It is especially funny that he listed Boardwalk Billies, Hickory Tavern and Buffalo Wild wings. I ate at Hickory Tavern last time I went to visit my mother. Woo! What a rage experience! xlolx

49RFootballNow
February 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry most of the bars in Boone apparently don't server anything but fryer food, but that does explain the prevalence of spare tires around the co-ed's waists up there. Here, let me play you a tune:

http://apotential.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry most of the bars in Boone apparently don't server anything but fryer food, but that does explain the prevalence of spare tires around the co-ed's waists up there. Here, let me play you a tune:

http://apotential.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Plenty of earthy, heathly hippy grub for you and your commie friends if UNCC is ever unfortunate enough to come up the mountain for an arse whoppin'. But seriously, the dining in the area in incredible. You like Carolina BBQ? (vinegar base of course)

Skjellyfetti
February 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry most of the bars in Boone apparently don't server anything but fryer food

Not sure if serious?

Black Cat, Boone Saloon, Cafe Portofino, Paolucci's, etc. etc. etc. all have damn good food.

Can't think of a bar that mainly has deep fried food in Boone.

Saint3333
February 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Guys stop, UNCC fans don't understand what you mean by college atmosphere, it's Sunday night so they're probably in route back to their dorms after hanging with mom all weekend.

49RFootballNow
February 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Guys stop, UNCC fans don't understand what you mean by college atmosphere, it's Sunday night so they're probably in route back to their dorms after hanging with mom all weekend.

Oh no doubt! We definitely don't have the "experience" that a kid gets at Appalachian State Penitentiary. I bet right now the inmates are enjoying huddling in their cinder block cells enjoying the "atmosphere".

WH49er
February 19th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Try Montford street near south end. That is by far the best bar scene in the Charlotte area. About 30 minutes from the UNCC campus.

Best bar scene in Charlotte? Yea, if you wear visors and boat shoes. A douche of your magnitude could cleanse a whale's vagina.

WH49er
February 19th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Never said Macado's was great, nice reading comprehension though.

I love how you mountain folk just make up statements out of thin air. I'm sure you consider Wikipedia a real "source" too?

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Best bar scene in Charlotte? Yea, if you wear visors and boat shoes. A douche of your magnitude could cleanse a whale's vagina.

It's better than the Night at the Roxbury downtown holes. I guess you're right, all Charlotte bars suck

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Never said Macado's was great, nice reading comprehension though.

I love how you mountain folk just make up statements out of thin air. I'm sure you consider Wikipedia a real "source" too?

Your list of bars near Cee was a list of fanchise restaurants. Just shut the **** up already. Go have a wild time at Chilis.

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Oh no doubt! We definitely don't have the "experience" that a kid gets at Appalachian State Penitentiary. I bet right now the inmates are enjoying huddling in their cinder block cells enjoying the "atmosphere".

Of the 16 on campus dorms on the ASU campus, only 4 haven't been renovated or built in the last decade. If App is a prison, Cee is a Nazi death camp.

asumike83
February 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM
... those 2012 Mountaineers are looking pretty good. That Quartterrio Morgan is really gonna be a player, huh?

WH49er
February 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Go have a wild time at Chilis.

aka the nicest restaurant in Boone

49RFootballNow
February 19th, 2012, 08:59 PM
aka the nicest restaurant in Boone

Boone has a Chilis? That town IS moving up in the world!

cbarrier90
February 19th, 2012, 09:35 PM
... those 2012 Mountaineers are looking pretty good. That Quartterrio Morgan is really gonna be a player, huh?

Yes. Also expecting big things from Tysean Holloway. Maybe this is the year we finally find a running game with the consistency of Kevin Richardson.

cbarrier90
February 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Boone has a Chilis? That town IS moving up in the world!

Meh. Outside of the bottomless chips and the ribs they have nothing appetizing.

Applebee's on the other hand...

My take: If you want a small, college-town, locally owned restaurant/bar, the best place to find one is in a small college town, not the largest metropolis in the state.

If you want a higher "quality," more expensive restaurant/bar, the best place to find one is in the largest metropolis in the state, not a small college town.

Trying to compare Boone to Charlotte and Charlotte to Boone is asinine and fruitless. The two are nothing alike. All a matter of preference to the individual.

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
It's like comparing NYC to Athens Georgia. The question is, in which would you prefer to go to college.

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Kevin Durant is a good ball player

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 10:24 PM
It's like comparing NYC to Athens Georgia. The question is, in which would you prefer to go to college.

In that case, NYC

eaglewraith
February 19th, 2012, 10:36 PM
In that case, NYC

This.

Athens is a ****hole.

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM
This.

Athens is a ****hole.

It's too fratty, but damn is it fun

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 10:39 PM
In that case, NYC

Yankees, high crime rates and expensive everything!? You CAN'T be from Lenoire.

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 10:39 PM
NYC is something else, I went for the first time this fall. It's absolutely incredible.

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Yankees, high crime rates and expensive everything!? You CAN'T be from Lenoire.

Im not, Lincolnton

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Apphole, have you ever been to NYC

Apphole
February 19th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Apphole, have you ever been to NYC

No I haven't actually. I'd love to visit, but the idea of staying for any extended period of time is not appealing to say the least.

ASU_Fanatic
February 19th, 2012, 11:28 PM
No I haven't actually. I'd love to visit, but the idea of staying for any extended period of time is not appealing to say the least.
Can't say that until you've actually been.

jim121256
February 22nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
A word on one of the ASU recruits: I've known Darian Small for several years (taught him at Dutchtown). You may or may not have recruited better athletes, but I promise you haven't recruited any better people than Darian. He's first class! I'm sorry he picked ASU over Georgia Southern, but I wish him the best and hope he made the right decision for himself.

Skjellyfetti
February 22nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
A word on one of the ASU recruits: I've known Darian Small for several years (taught him at Dutchtown). You may or may not have recruited better athletes, but I promise you haven't recruited any better people than Darian. He's first class! I'm sorry he picked ASU over Georgia Southern, but I wish him the best and hope he made the right decision for himself.

Good to hear. xthumbsupx